Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Randy Moss Waived, Possible Destinations

Yes, teams with worst records get first shot. Buffalo is #1.

OK but does he have to go through all the AFC teams from worst to best record first?

or does he have to go through all the AFC East teams worst to first record first? Then go onto the AFC South and North??

I'm thinking he would be a good fit for the Rams. They have a real shot at winning the division and Moss would definitely be an upgrade.

If I were the coach or GM of the Rams, I wouldn't want Moss within a mile of Sam Bradford. They need wideout help bad but I'd be too concerned about the psyche of the team and the QB to pull the trigger on that one.

This is what ive found so far??

The Waiver Wire works like this:

* Team A signs Player X to a contract

* Player X makes the roster and is on the team during the regular season

* Team A decides it no longer wants Plaer X on its roster

* Team A terminates the players contract, releasing him from his duties

* Before Player X becomes a free agent, he hits the Waiver Wire

* When his name goes on the waiver wire, every team in the NFL has the option to pick up the players original contract (the one Player X originally signed with Team A)

* The Waiver Wire is like the NFL Draft in that teams with the worst records get first crack at the players who have been released

* Once a team passes on the player then they cannot go back and claim him

* If no team signs the player, then he becomes an unrestrictd free agent.

It does not say the player has to go through the AFC or NFC first. So i figure its just worst to first for entire league meaning the Bills(0-7) have first bid and the Patriots(6-1) have the last :unsure:

In MLB if a player is released by an american league club he has to pass through all the american league teams before the NL teams can claim him.

OK but does he have to go through all the AFC teams from worst to best record first?

or does he have to go through all the AFC East teams worst to first record first? Then go onto the AFC South and North??

Nope, waiver order is

1.Buffalo Bills

2.Dallas Cowboys

3.Carolina Panthers

4.San Francisco 49ers

5.Denver Broncos

6.Minnesota Vikings

7.Detroit Lions

8.Cleveland Browns

9.Cincinnati Bengals

10.San Diego Chargers

11.Arizona Cardinals

12.Washington Redskins

13.St. Louis Rams

14.Oakland Raiders

15.Jacksonville Jaguars

16.Seattle Seahawks

17.Philadelphia Eagles

18.Miami Dolphins

19.Chicago Bears

20.Tennessee Titans

21.New Orleans Saints

22.Green Bay Packers

23.Indianapolis Colts

24.Houston Texans

25.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26.Pittsburgh Steelers

27.New York Jets

28.New York Giants

29.Kansas City Chiefs

30.Baltimore Ravens

31.Atlanta Falcons

32.New England Patriots

Patriots have last shot, seeing as how they have the best record in the league and all.

I can see the 49ers making a play for Moss. In the NFC West, it just might propel them to an 8-8 or 9-7 record and that might be enough to win that division.

Why wouldn't the Cards be in the mix? Looks like they'll go back to Anderson at QB, who if nothing else has a cannon for an arm. And they could use a deep threat. :dunno:

As a fan I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm surprised they aren't considered.

Why wouldn't the Cards be in the mix? Looks like they'll go back to Anderson at QB, who if nothing else has a cannon for an arm. And they could use a deep threat. :dunno:

As a fan I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm surprised they aren't considered.

Fitz is a deep threat and they don't have a QB that can throw it deep. Thus, Fitz is having a bad year and Moss wouldn't help there.

Nope, waiver order is

1.Buffalo Bills

2.Dallas Cowboys

3.Carolina Panthers

4.San Francisco 49ers

5.Denver Broncos

6.Minnesota Vikings

7.Detroit Lions

8.Cleveland Browns

9.Cincinnati Bengals

10.San Diego Chargers

11.Arizona Cardinals

12.Washington Redskins

13.St. Louis Rams

14.Oakland Raiders

15.Jacksonville Jaguars

16.Seattle Seahawks

17.Philadelphia Eagles

18.Miami Dolphins

19.Chicago Bears

20.Tennessee Titans

21.New Orleans Saints

22.Green Bay Packers

23.Indianapolis Colts

24.Houston Texans

25.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26.Pittsburgh Steelers

27.New York Jets

28.New York Giants

29.Kansas City Chiefs

30.Baltimore Ravens

31.Atlanta Falcons

32.New England Patriots

My vote is for Minny to pick him up! Make it happen Chilly!

@sportsguy33 Bill Simmons

Note to Pats: Sign Moss just so "Pats trade Randy Moss to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick and Randy Moss" can run on ESPN's ticker.

:doublethumbsup:

Note to Pats: Sign Moss just so "Pats trade Randy Moss to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick and Randy Moss" can run on ESPN's ticker.

:overhead:

whatever team is interested in signing Randy Moss must ask themselves this question: If the QB throws the ball down the field and Moss and the DB each have a shot at it, will Moss be the guy who comes down with it?

Oh my GOD that's so funny!

Nope, waiver order is

Patriots have last shot, seeing as how they have the best record in the league and all.

OK then who really is going to get Moss? We have seen that not just any coach can handle Moss so who are the candidates??

Here are the teams ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter says:

Various league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets and even the Patriots are among the teams possibly interested in claiming Moss.

Cowboys-no way already a mess

Redskins-yes Shanahan could handle him

Bears-they need a WR but can Smith handle Moss?

Rams-nope

Dolphins-Maybe but dont think he fits their team

Raiders-Al Davis likes big names but why would they bring Moss back in?

Chiefs-Coaching staff is familiar with Moss

Seahawks-Rebuilding and already dumped one aging WR in Branch

Jets-Ryan can handle Moss but he doesnt fit with them either

Patriots-we know they supposedly like each other but really can you bring him back??

I can see Redskins, Chiefs and Patriots being the teams for Moss.

If Randy Moss goes to Detroit, it'll give Detroit more than enough amunition to beat Green Bay in the rematch. Detroit will win the division with Randy Moss and Megatron on the same team. Book it!

The second Randy Moss era in Minnesota didn't even last a month.

The NFL Network reported that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday, one day after he criticized head coach Brad Childress in a bizarre news conference following a 28-18 loss in New England. Vikings LB Ben Leber told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Childress told the team it had cut Moss.

Randy Moss was traded from the Patriots to the Vikings in early October.CAPTIONBy Greg M. Cooper, US PresswireThe Vikings, who acquired Moss from the Patriots for a third-round pick on Oct. 6, are the second team to move on from Moss this season.

MOSS' REACTION: Agent says WR 'very sad' about being cut

Moss, who is set to become a free agent after the season, would have to clear waivers before he becomes a free agent.

MORE VIKINGS: Team expects Brett Favre to play this Sunday despite injury

Moss played in four games for the Vikings and caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two TDs.

After Sunday's game, Moss spoke glowingly of his time in New England. "Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team," Moss said. "It was hard for me to come here and play.

Childress said Monday he allowed Moss to remain in New England after the game to be with family. Moss had expressed frustration with how Vikings coaches applied his advice on how to attack the Patriots, but Childress defended their approach.

"I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it," Childress said.

Asked if he regretted acquiring Moss, Childress said, "Do I regret acquiring him? Not at present I don't, no."

Moss expressed frustration with Childress' decision to avoid a field-goal try for a failed fourth-and-goal run late in the first half on Sunday.

"I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half," said Moss, who had one catch in the loss. "Maybe could have been different, maybe not. ..."

My take: Childress is still incompetent and an idiot. I feel bad for Vikings fans.

I think the Chargers would be the best fit for Moss. Besides their obvious need for WRs, Norv Turner abandons the run faster than anyone except Bum Phillips' son. Moss would be happy in a pass first offense with a QB who has a great deep ball. I also don't see Rivers having a problem "handling" him.

the best place for Moss and Moss owners is obviously SD, not only do they throw the ball more then anyone they throw it deep more then anyone. AJ Smith in charge so of course it would never happen, but imagine, if the Chargers can turn around and make a playoff run.

Rivers to Gates, Moss, VJax, Floyd, Crayton, Sproles.

Jeez hes already on pace to break the all time passing record with a bunch of nobodies at WR

We could be hearing that the Vikes have apologized to Randy and have released Childress instead. It appears he made the decision to cut Moss without consulting the higher ups

Not on the waiver list for Tuesday. Could be waived officially by tomorrow, but it hasn't been confirmed. Moss not yet told by Coach Childress

Could management be possibly thinking about getting rid of Chilly instead?

Reports: Randy Moss Not on Waiver Report, Vikings Organization Conflicted on Move

by Mike Cole on Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:01PM

The Randy Moss situation continues to get more and more bizarre and not to mention pretty confusing.

According to multiple reports, the receiver, who was reportedly cut by the Vikings on Monday afternoon, wasn't on the NFL's waiver wire for Monday afternoon. If Moss were to be waived, the Vikings would have had to have done so by 4 p.m. on Monday.

Perhaps the reason that Moss was not on the list may stem from some internal conflict within the Minnesota organization from ownership down to the players.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported via Twitter on Monday afternoon that while head coach Brad Childress reportedly told his team that Moss would be released, the team had not informed Moss or his agent. La Canfora also alluded to the fact that there were those within the organization that were "not all on board with the move."

Fox Sports NFL reporter Jay Glazer reported on Twitter that Vikings players are among those scratching their heads with the reported move.

"To say the least, my phone is burnin up from Vikings who are incredibly frustrated by this move," Glazer Tweeted on Monday afternoon.

Glazer was also quick to point out the fact that, even though Moss hasn't officially been waived yet, it doesn't mean that it won't happen at some point.

Fitz is a deep threat and they don't have a QB that can throw it deep. Thus, Fitz is having a bad year and Moss wouldn't help there.

Fitz isn't a deep threat, at least not in the traditional burner sense like Moss, Wallace, etc. He rarely runs deep fly routes. And Anderson can throw deep (ask Edwards from a few years ago), in fact that is all he can do, he has no touch and, as near as I can tell, no football IQ. In that respect he is the perfect QB for Moss.

Fitz was having a bad year because:

1. The loss of Boldin, combined with the injuries to Breaston and Doucet, have taken away any semblance of a second threat. Note how Fitz got two TDs with Breaston back in and performing well.

2. He was dinged.

Moss and Fitz actually complement each other very well. I'm not sure Moss could handle being the clear #2 on a team tho. :dunno:

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Percy Harvin is "livid" with Vikings coach Brad Childress' decision to waive Randy Moss.

Unsurprisingly. Not only would Moss' loss send more double teams Harvin's way, Moss was said to have taken Harvin under his wing during his month-long stay in Minnesota. At this point, Vikings brass seem to be at odds over the decision to waive Moss, which could be rescinded because it's not official yet. Childress does have control over the 53-man roster, but the Vikings could theoretically decide to part with Childress instead of Moss if the idea gains enough support from higher-ups. Firing Childress would likely have to be approved by owner Zygi Wilf.

Per rotoworld.

Several Titan players are pulling for him. C. Johnson tweeted that they need to sign him. Who knows, but I'd like to see him in a Bolts uniform as well. The Colts or Texans as well, although I haven't heard any rumors from the Texans.

Did Childress go solo on Moss move?

By Kevin Seifert

Several news outlets are reporting that receiver Randy Moss was not listed on the NFL's daily waiver wire Monday, meaning he technically remains property of the Minnesota Vikings.

I'm not sure there is much to read into that news. It's not uncommon for the official paperwork of a roster move to trail the news. I suppose it's possible that someone in the organization is trying to reverse what appears to be a decision by coach Brad Childress, but Moss' agent has already publicly acknowledged the move.

It's hard to imagine Moss 3.0 ever occurring. It's much more likely that Moss will appear on Tuesday's waiver wire, extending the drama into Wednesday afternoon.

That said, I think it's worth asking whether this move took place in an orderly and professional manner, or if it was actually as haphazard as it looks from the outside. Based on media reports, here's what we can piece together:

Agent Joel Segal told the Star Tribune that he and Moss learned of the move Monday morning.

During his early-afternoon news conference, coach Brad Childress told reporters that he had given Moss permission to remain in New England and visit family members. "I allowed him to stay back there and visit with his family, since he is from there and he will be back Wednesday morning [or] Tuesday night," Childress said.

Immediately after that news conference, Childress told Vikings players in a team meeting that Moss would be waived.

Linebacker Ben Leber confirmed that Childress broke the news to players.

Childress' latest failure on the truth-o-meter prompts a conspiratorial mind to imagine how chaotic the Vikings' internal communication might have been Monday. Is owner Zygi Wilf on board? What about the remainder of the team's leadership structure, which includes vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski? Based on job descriptions, it is Brzezinski's role to submit the roster move to the NFL office.

You want to assume the team is on the same page internally, even if it has mismanaged the decision from a public perspective. But if it's not -- if Childress jumped the gun on this move -- then we could be in for an interesting 24-48 hours. Stay tuned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/18866/did-childress-go-solo-on-moss-move

@Adam Schefter

multiple members of the Vikings organization -- the front office and the players -- want Randy Moss back (not that he ever left).

Rams? Now there is a thought?

Hmmm...As a Moss and S.Jax owner, I would hate that.

If I were a Ram homer, that would be a pretty damn cool idea.

:overhead:

Bill Belichick JeanYES!

Hmmm...As a Moss and S.Jax owner, I would hate that.

If I were a Ram homer, that would be a pretty damn cool idea.

Moss cant just go to any team :nono: He has to go to someone like Shanahan or Belicheck a coach that everyone knows they are the coach and its their way or the highway. Rams have a nice thing going and you cant mess that up by taking a chance on Moss.

As a Moss fantasy owner id love to see him go to Colts but Moss and Manning on same team?? Not so sure thats a good idea either but im a fantasy GM not a real one. :shocking:

We could be hearing that the Vikes have apologized to Randy and have released Childress instead. It appears he made the decision to cut Moss without consulting the higher ups

:pointstosky: This is probably what is going to happen :wall:

Report: Moss open to returning to the Vikings

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Randy Moss would be "open" to staying with the Vikings if the team ultimately decides against waiving him.

"Whether it happens is anyone's guess," acknowledges Schefter. The ESPN report runs in direct conflict to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer's, who reported less than an hour ago that there was "no way" Moss would set foot in the Vikings' locker room again with Brad Childress as coach. It sounds like Moss and his representatives are worried that Moss might clear waivers and not find a new home. For what it's worth, NFL Network's Joe Theismann predicted earlier in the day that Moss wouldn't play another down for any team this season. Nov. 1 - 6:50 pm et

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Well they are going to interview Schefter here in second so lets hear what he has to say live on Monday Night countdown

I think it is great. I hope no one signs him. What an idiot. I wish Cincy would do the same with T. (I have alligator arms) Owens

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter "FWIW, being told WR Randy Moss is open to returning to Minnesota. Whether it happens is anyone's guess."

I think it is great. I hope no one signs him. What an idiot. I wish Cincy would do the same with T. (I have alligator arms) Owens

Isnt T.O. like the best player on Cincinatti this season?

What a hot mess.

*gets popcorn*

Somewhere someone named Brett is sitting back on his couch watching ESPN saying "Thank you God"