Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Randy Moss Waived, Possible Destinations

Since Randy Moss was my first round pick this year in fantasy football, I'd like him to go to a team where he'd actually produce. I think the days of Randy Moss being the ace, the number one guy are done. Believing this, and actually having evidence for it, I'd like to see Randy Moss as the #2 receiver behind Megatron. I think Stafford is a good enough quarterback to get the ball to Moss if Megatron is covered. Wouldn't having Randy Moss as a #2 make more sense?

I just want him going somewhere to have a big game so I can unload him before our trading deadline.

yes he will play he dosent need no know the offense to stretch the D...he might not have any plays ran for him or catch any balls. but they will stick him out there ti confuse the d no doubt

yes he will play he dosent need no know the offense to stretch the D...he might not have any plays ran for him or catch any balls. but they will stick him out there ti confuse the d no doubt

i think it depends on who gets him. for instance, you knew the vikes weren't going to wait around, as they were absolutely desperate to win right away with favre as qb. another team might treat the situation differently

Depends on who picks him up on how much he plays. If KC picks him up then he could play a bit more as Cassell played with Moss for a year in New England. If someone like Chicago picked him up, he may just play a few plays where he went deep, mostly as a decoy.

Looks like i may have actually been right :shocking:

Latest News

The Boston Herald reports that, according to a source, WR Randy Moss might choose to sit out the season if he doesn't like the team that claims him on Wednesday afternoon.

(Updated 11/03/2010).

Analysis

Moss will likely be claimed by someone by 4 p.m. this afternoon, but the big question is who will take a risk on him if there's a chance he won't even suit up for the team. Teams who seem to have expressed interest so far include the Dolphins, Titans, Seahawks and Rams. Those teams would have to pay the balance of Moss' $6.4 million salary for this season (roughly $3 million) if they take a shot with him. If Moss somehow clears waivers, he'll be free to sign with any team and still receive compensation from Minnesota. With the Vikings, Moss had 13 catches for 174 yards and two touchdowns in four games. We'll see if and when he plays again this season, but for now Moss' owners should patiently sit on the receiver and see how things shake out. We'll keep you posted on the latest.

You may see someone claim him just so he does not go to someone else. He is probably only going to report to a handful of teams if they claim him. I read on ESPNBOSTON.COM that he was visiting NY and maybe some JETS players this week?? I predict he gets claimed by a team like the Rams and he sits out season and will not report to them.

Found same info on ROTOWORLD:

Report: Moss will sit out if he dislikes team

Moss

Citing a source close to Randy Moss, Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Moss would be willing to sit out the remainder of the season if he dislikes the team that claims him off waivers.

Nov. 3 - 2:10 pm et

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Yeah it sounds like a good idea for teams to claim him :lol:

Randy Moss-WR-Vikings Nov. 3 - 1:57 pm et

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed after Wednesday's practice that his team has yet to put in a waiver claim on Randy Moss.

The Rams have two hours to make the decision. We'll know Moss' landing spot for sure by 4PM ET. St. Louis ranks 13th in the order of waiver priority.

Source: Brian Stull on Twitter

Rams havent put in claim yet :unsure:

Moss will drag his feet and resist reporting to his new team. This will serve two functions. First, it will remind the new team that he reserves the right to be a pr!ck and they need to respect that. Second, it's Randy's way of negotiating, motivating his new team to put the smile back on his face by adding a little more folding green to his compensation.

If Moss really hates his destination, he may talk so negatively about it that the team will withdraw its claim. He may be able to talk himself all the way down to the Titans. He won't get back to NE, though. Belichick knew that Moss was entering the unhappy phase of his NE career and got him out of there quick, before more misbehavior diminished Randy's trade value.

From ESPN

Asked if he would welcome Moss back, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said: "You can ask Coach Belichick. I don't make the decisions around here. If I did, Lawyer Milloy would still be here and Deion [branch] never would have left. Whatever I want doesn't happen anyway, so I just try to keep my mouth shut."

He doesn't say it directly, but it sounds like Brady wants Moss back. This is still the funniest of all scenarios, thus I am rooting for it. And from a FF standpoint, it's the quickest Moss could possibly be productive again.

From ESPN

He doesn't say it directly, but it sounds like Brady wants Moss back. This is still the funniest of all scenarios, thus I am rooting for it. And from a FF standpoint, it's the quickest Moss could possibly be productive again.

It would be the capper of what has been the strangest 8 weeks I've seen in 40 years watching the NFL.

If so, what's the over/under on the report...citing anonymous sources...claiming the Pats and Moss orchestrated this from the start? I'm guessing about 15 seconds.

From ESPN

I cant see him playing for anyone other than the Patriots after that press conference the other day. I dont think it will happen but why would you want Moss on your team after what he said in that press conference?? :dunno: If i was a player on a team that claimed him i wouldnt want him on my team.

I still think he gets claimed and wont show up and sits out year.

Moss fits in Tenn.

They are in the hunt and should be til the end of the season. They are well run, as oppose to the carnival that was Minn.

It's not a complex passing offense so Moss will figure it out fast. It's basically hand off to CJ, or fake it to CJ and go deep anyway. VY will lock in on Moss.

Really, if not back in NE, I think Tenn is the best fit. Maybe not long term, but definitely the best fit for a mid-season move.

does this mean britt is done for the year???? even though the coach won't say...

I dont see how it would be great for his value. If he couldnt produce for the Vikings...why would he for a running team like the Titans? However, I think it does wonders for CJ2K.

I was hoping the Chargers would claim him, but Tenn was my second choice. Young (or Collins) to Moss would be a good hookup, but hold on a minute. Does Randy "like" Tenn? If not I'm out another focking WR.

As a non Moss owner and just an NFL fan, kind of a boring outcome IMO. Report is saying Tenn was the ONLY team to put in a claim.

Per @Adam_Shefter

One place Randy Moss hoped to go was Tenn. He plans to report, happily. And @ChrisJohnson28 will be happy to have him. Stretches defenses.

Per @Adam_Shefter

One place Randy Moss hoped to go was Tenn. He plans to report, happily. And @ChrisJohnson28 will be happy to have him. Stretches defenses.

:banana:

Great SOS for WRs the rest of the way for TENN. He may actually be servicable after all. He's still a knuckle-head though so you never know with him.

no more 7-8 man fronts against cj2k! unleash the BEAST!

this titans bye week couldn't have come at a better time! with the acquisition of moss, and a week for cj to rest his thigh injury, we're gonna see some explosiveness coming outa tennessee!!! yeah, baby!

Now that would be very interesting. I could see Moss refusing to report to a team if he does not want to play for the team that claims him.

Here are my predictions(which never come true but is fun :rolleyes: )

-55% chance no one claims him

-20% chance Chiefs claim him

-10% chance Redskins claim him

-10% chance Rams claim him

-5% chance someone else claims him

-0% chance Patriots claim him

Hell yeah i nailed it :pointstosky: :doh:

Well i did drop Henne and picked up Vince Young. Even though i hate him but he will just be my back up.

does this mean britt is done for the year???? even though the coach won't say...

At the very least, I think this means that Britt's injury is/was more serious than they originally thought.

:dunno: