Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

Rex Ryan

"Jets coach Rex Ryan took a veiled shot at Tom Brady Thursday, suggesting that his success has been boosted significantly by Bill Belichick's coaching.

"Nobody studies like [Peyton Manning]," said Ryan. "I know Brady thinks he does and all that stuff. I think there's probably a little more help from Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning." Brady made it clear earlier in the season that he "hates" the Jets, and Ryan may still be smarting from the 45-3 beat-down he took from the Pats in early December. The two could square off next week if the Jets get past Manning and the Colts."

3 Time SB quarterback , thats all you need to know Rex. Not to mention, he is going to make sure you suffer if you ever cross paths in the AFC during the playoffs this year.

Wish this guy would shut up until he won a big one. I just hate people that talk ###### without anything to back them up.

I hope the colts take the jets to school this sunday. Cant fuckin wait.

Don't hate me for this, but I agree with his comments. And not because I am a Colts fan. Brady does have a HUGE advantage with Belicheck. Let's face it. You are right, Brady is still a 3 time SB champ, but I don't think anyone can argue that Belicheck, whether you hate him or like him, is one of the best coaches in the league. If anyone studies their opponent more than Manning, it would be Belicheck, not Brady. Guy just knows the other team, he decides what he is going to shut down and rarely fails. He coaches his players well and prepares them very well.

I like coaches and players who are brash and speak their minds and they make great copy, but Rex Ryan has gone way past being fun and now he's just acting like a clown. He's one of those guys like Charles Barkley who turns into a caricature of himself and feels like he's got to be saying "controversial" things all the time. Also, he hasn't won sh1t and his wife's feet aren't that pretty.

STFU Rex. :thumbsdown:

Montana had Walsh.

Bradshaw had Knoll.

Staubach...Landry.

Brady has Hoodie.

It's not a bad thing. Nobody does it all by themselves.

:unsure:

Rex Ryan is the answer to the question nobody asked. The guy has no sense of shame whatsoever. It's not necessarily that he's wrong in saying Brady has Belichick, it's that he just looks really stupid for saying it when the last time a team he coached went up against Brady, they were so badly prepared and so embarrassingly obliterated. Taking shots at Brady just makes him look worse.

Montana had Walsh.

Bradshaw had Knoll.

Staubach...Landry.

Brady has Hoodie.

Manning had Tom Moore

It's not a bad thing. Nobody does it all by themselves.

:unsure:

FTFY

Alright even i like to listen to Rex Ryan a little bit but lately he is just saying some stupid crap. Like its personal between he and Manning and basically all the Colts. He really is starting to beleive he is BIGGER then the team. Well he is fatter then most but....shut the hell up fat a$$

For a guy who doesn't study, he sure kicked the snot out of your team last team you met.

There is no team in the AFC that I would rather have the Pats play in the playoffs than the Jets. Please win this weekend Jets. Please! :pointstosky:

Rex Ryan is a fat loudmouth that's never won anything,yet talks a big game and is so stupid that he doesn't know when to stfu.

The Colts are gonna whip the Jesters this weekend, so Brady won't be able to really humiliate him like he deserves....I can't wait for this fat slob to just vanish into obscurity as a shitass DC again...I just can't stomache that loser anymore.

I hate the Colts, but I HATE the Jesters worse, and they have NO CHANCE against forehead and the boys in the dome.....then let the excuses roll....the hours and days after the beating are gonna be like getting laid the 1st time.

Pure Bliss :cheers:

Again...how long till ownership gets tired of him embarrassing the team? A complete joke on every level.

Tom Brady is an insane perfectionist; he reminds me of Jerry Rice, in terms of his preparation. Rex Ryan knows that. This is just more trash talk for the sake of trash talk and it's getting old. I want the (overrated) Jets to lose as soon as possible, but nothing would be sweeter than watching the Patriots whoop their asses one more time. Sadly, that likely won't happen, as Manning is probably going to carve them up something good.

Again...how long till ownership gets tired of him embarrassing the team? A complete joke on every level.

I guess ownership is OK if they win.

When the winning stops the Loudmouth embarrassment will be tossed......hopefully they don't wait a long time....that could mean as early as 11:00pm Saturday Night! :cheers:

I actually used to like his shtick in the beginning, but it is now getting old. :thumbsdown:

Could Rex Ryan just shut his trap for 5 freakin minutes? I know, let's antagonize every possible playoff opponent before. :wacko:

I'm going to love putting ketchup on his wifes feet and slicing them off like hot dogs after we rape next week. (See: Menace in South Central reference - FTW)

Focking fat fock.

Lets tell it like it is. Where did Jet24 go into hiding this year btw?! Just curious....

Well, hes somewhat correct and everyone outside of Boston knows this to be a fact. The Pats would have won those SBs with Bledsoe in there just as well. Toms a good QB that makes the most of whats given to him. But hes been blessed with every possible "helper" you can possibly get. Vinatieri, an incredibly opportunistic defense, and every bounce and call. Oh, and the best X's and O's coach in the business. Its all good though. Great.

His point about studying is true. I don't think there is a qb on par with manning as far as understanding the opposition and his own offence. He is essentially an offensive coordinator on the field as well as a qb.

That said, as usual, Rex talking off the cuff ended up making himself look like an idiot. He didnt have to name Brady or belichek at all to make his point. If they happened to get by the colts and play the pats again, I would expect it to be 52-3 this time.

What makes people think and say that Manning studies more than anyone else?

Is anyone in the room all the time, or hanging out with him?

Is their offense built differently, that allows more changes by him alone, he's been in the same system with the SAME OC for 12 or 13 years(Moore just moved up this year).

The guy was blessed to come into the league with Marvin Harrison already there, and with some really great players like Clark, Wayne coming in soon afterwards...not to mention he came into a team with Marshall Faulk on it(for 1 year) a real awful player like Eddgerrin James to do the dirty work(before injuries started taking their toll) .

It's not like this guy has played with BUMS, he's been surrounded by some SERIOUS talent for most of his career.

I think PManning is awesome, definitely one of the greatest qbs ever, but he had help with great players, and the SAME offensive coordinator for his entire career(formative years that is huge).

I'm not taking anything away from Peyton, but I have to wonder where people come up with this stuff.

I think every interview that asked a defensive player going against Manning has said it. I think every interview by coaches discussing Manning have said it?

Here is a clip from Dungy on Manning.

I think every interview that asked a defensive player going against Manning has said it. I think every interview by coaches discussing Manning have said it?

Here is a clip from Dungy on Manning.

First of all, Dungy basically hangs off Peytons cack, so anything he says is basically unusable IMO.

With that being said, I didn't hear ANYTHING during that rimjob that is out of the ordinary for a GREAT player at his craft, you just heard a guy SAY what was done...who says this stuff doesn't happen elsewhere?

Is anyone in the room all the time, or hanging out with him?

Is their offense built differently, that allows more changes by him alone, he's been in the same system with the SAME OC for 12 or 13 years(Moore just moved up this year).

The guy was blessed to come into the league with Marvin Harrison already there, and with some really great players like Clark, Wayne coming in soon afterwards...not to mention he came into a team with Marshall Faulk on it(for 1 year) a real awful player like Eddgerrin James to do the dirty work(before injuries started taking their toll) .

It's not like this guy has played with BUMS, he's been surrounded by some SERIOUS talent for most of his career.

I think PManning is awesome, definitely one of the greatest qbs ever, but he had help with great players, and the SAME offensive coordinator for his entire career(formative years that is huge).

I'm not taking anything away from Peyton, but I have to wonder where people come up with this stuff.

He watched film of Buddy Ryan's DEF schemes in preparing for last years AFCCG just to get a foundation for where Rex Ryan comes from.

He literally watches nearly every snap of every starter on the opposing DEF's. He picks up tendencies of when he's going to blitz, when he's matching up in man coverage, when he's dropping back into zone coverage.

Some people love his pre-snap audibles, some people hate them. Some of them certainly are dummy audibles, but he does those to see how the DEF players react, and then adjusts accordingly. But he really revolutionized how the QB position is played. You very rarely saw a QB give pre-snap reads, line adjustments, switching plays, etc. 10-15 years ago. Now I still believe Manning is the best at that, but you see guys like Eli, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Favre, Rivers, etc. doing the same thing.

First of all, Dungy basically hangs off Peytons cack, so anything he says is basically unusable IMO.

With that being said, I didn't hear ANYTHING during that rimjob that is out of the ordinary for a GREAT player at his craft, you just heard a guy SAY what was done...who says this stuff doesn't happen elsewhere?

So since you said there was no proof of Manning doing more, where is your stuff that shows what every other QB does? Defenses have said it for years, he points at you and tells his line/players where you are going. They are like, how the heck does he know that. You never hear them say that about any other QB the way they do about Manning.

Due, you gotta face facts, nobody studies like Manning. I think you are the only person on this forums that would argue he doesn't. So now I am done with you. Since clearly, you are so stuck up Brady's jock strap, you need to come out for air.

Joe Montana changed a play at the LOS in 1975 as a 3rd string QB when he played for ND, it resulted in an 80yd TD pass.

That was 1 year before Manning was even BORN.

Don't think Elway, Young,Marino,Fouts etc etc etc....never changed plays or read defenses and told players what to watch for?

They've been changing plays and reading defenses for eons, Manning makes a living out of waving his arms around(alot is BS as stated)and trying to get guys to show what they are doing, but other guys were doing that for a long time, Manning just makes it more obvious with his 20 minute parodies he does back there.

He's a smart mofo, and from what I've read over the years has pretty much free autonomy...another advantage of having just one OC.

Manning is one of, if not the best QB ever(that is subjective, I'll just say he's awesome), I don't think I've ever said otherwise.

So since you said there was no proof of Manning doing more, where is your stuff that shows what every other QB does? Defenses have said it for years, he points at you and tells his line/players where you are going. They are like, how the heck does he know that. You never hear them say that about any other QB the way they do about Manning.

Due, you gotta face facts, nobody studies like Manning. I think you are the only person on this forums that would argue he doesn't. So now I am done with you. Since clearly, you are so stuck up Brady's jock strap, you need to come out for air.

Are you CRYING AGAIN m5?

There's no crying allowed here.

I think that I can sum things up on this:

- Manning prepares like a madman. He probably knows was his opponents DC is eating for breakfast.

- Brady is prepared. He reads defenses well and makes the right calls. Belichick definitely has a hand in that. I doubt that he puts in as much time as Manning does right now. He has to bang his supermodel wife and scooter around town and play with his kids.

- Ryan is a fat fock, blow-hard who puts his foot in his mouth all of the time (and often other people's feet).

Now, can we all move on?

Joe Montana changed a play at the LOS in 1975 as a 3rd string QB when he played for ND, it resulted in an 80yd TD pass.

That was 1 year before Manning was even BORN.

Don't think Elway, Young,Marino,Fouts etc etc etc....never changed plays or read defenses and told players what to watch for?

They've been changing plays and reading defenses for eons, Manning makes a living out of waving his arms around(alot is BS as stated)and trying to get guys to show what they are doing, but other guys were doing that for a long time, Manning just makes it more obvious with his 20 minute parodies he does back there.

He's a smart mofo, and from what I've read over the years has pretty much free autonomy...another advantage of having just one OC.

Manning is one of, if not the best QB ever(that is subjective, I'll just say he's awesome), I don't think I've ever said otherwise.

This is why you don't get a lot of credit around here...

PatriotsFanBoy - good summarization.

I think that I can sum things up on this:

- Manning prepares like a madman. He probably knows was his opponents DC is eating for breakfast.

- Brady is prepared. He reads defenses well and makes the right calls. Belichick definitely has a hand in that. I doubt that he puts in as much time as Manning does right now. He has to bang his supermodel wife and scooter around town and play with his kids.

- Ryan is a fat fock, blow-hard who puts his foot in his mouth all of the time (and often other people's feet).

Now, can we all move on?

:pointstosky:

This is why you don't get a lot of credit around here...

PatriotsFanBoy - good summarization.

Wow- My feelings are really hurt......here's what I think:

Only people that are gonna get any credit from the Indy squad are people that agree with everything you and m5 say.

I've already stated MANY times that Manning is one of, if not the BEST QB EVER.

Is that not enough credit, what is it exactly that you guys don't understand?

Does everyone have to get down on their knees and slobber the Manning meat?

How the fock is that gonna happen with You, M5, and Dungy ordering new fockin kneepads every 2 weeks because you keep wearing them out?

He's been to 2 SB's, he's won ONE SB, and he only got to that dance with Chicago because Reche Caldwell dropped an EZ ball that Brady threw right into his fockin hands(my dead grandmother could have caught that), he catches that it's over, he didn't and Manning did what he was gonna do, and that is win the SB against a severely overmatched Bears team(the real SB was Pats/Indy- Chicago had no chance against either team).

The other game?

Last time I looked Porter was running toward the EZ with a Pass from Manning to end the game.

I've never in my life seen such a bunch of insecure losers in one location, you guys take the fockin prize. :rolleyes:

Have a Nice Day :cheers:

You very rarely saw a QB give pre-snap reads, line adjustments, switching plays, etc. 10-15 years ago.

uhhh...15 years ago was 1996. pre-snap reads and audibles have been standard fare since the 70s. the bengals were running the no-huddle in normal game situations in the 80s. the falcons and oilers used the run-and-shoot in the early 90s.

i'm a peyton fan, but let's be realistic--he hasn't revolutionized the position or anything. he's just a great talent, a hard worker, and a strong leader.

Rex is probably right. Brushing that hair probably eats into Brady's film study time.

Some people love his pre-snap audibles, some people hate them. Some of them certainly are dummy audibles, but he does those to see how the DEF players react, and then adjusts accordingly. But he really revolutionized how the QB position is played. You very rarely saw a QB give pre-snap reads, line adjustments, switching plays, etc. 10-15 years ago. Now I still believe Manning is the best at that, but you see guys like Eli, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Favre, Rivers, etc. doing the same thing.

You really need to watch some old film of Jim Kelley.

I think it's a little unfair to say that because Manning studies tape religiously (and he obviously does), Brady does not. Brady has had the rep within the Patriots of being the hardest worker on the team for as long as he's been on the team. When he got married, a lot of fans (myself included) got worried about the entire "hot wife and kid distraction" theory, but that hasn't played out in the slightest. He still spends a ton of time in the facility during the offseason, he still attends all the team activities, and so on. Both players benefited tremendously from their coaches and the stability within their respective organizations. I'm obviously biased so I'll give the slight edge to Brady, but there is no QB I fear more than a in-the-zone Manning. Clocks can't tick down fast enough when he's locked in.

I agree with the comments, but I have no idea why he would make them. It serves his team no other purpose then getting Brady and the Pats fired up for the next time they meet (if they do, I think New England goes all the way, not so sure on New York)

I'm especially shocked he's still running his mouth after the whole foot fetish thing got out. Just shut up and focus on football you sloppy wad of goo.