Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

Stupid. :(

Probably cause we are going back to the west coast offense. I'm SO sick of that offense personally. I thought we were going to go away from that and run Denver's old system and go Deep & lots of play action.

Looks like we are right back into the same old mold we've always been. Might as well keep Hass then.

They are probably going to trade down and pick the 2nd tier QB or try for Kolb. Maybe try and recoup there waisted 3rd rounder back. (Or target CB after trading down)

That offense left with Bates.

I wouldnt take any rumors around this time seriously as smoke screens are being put up left and right. That being said, I can understand the current administration thinking that Mallett's attitude and personality just arent worth the investment. The recent missed meeting in Carolina, while sketchily reported, is another cloud of smoke over the dude's head.

From the article it sounds like they want to trade down into the top of the 2nd, pick up a 3rd rounder and hopefully take Colin K. He's raw as hell, so signing Hass would be necessary. I dont hate the idea, but I'd rather assume the risks with Mallett. Who knows, we'll find out in a week.

That offense left with Bates.

I wouldnt take any rumors around this time seriously as smoke screens are being put up left and right. That being said, I can understand the current administration thinking that Mallett's attitude and personality just arent worth the investment. The recent missed meeting in Carolina, while sketchily reported, is another cloud of smoke over the dude's head.

From the article it sounds like they want to trade down into the top of the 2nd, pick up a 3rd rounder and hopefully take Colin K. He's raw as hell, so signing Hass would be necessary. I dont hate the idea, but I'd rather assume the risks with Mallett. Who knows, we'll find out in a week.

Ya, they had some good reads at the link you sent. I'll look at this other one too.

Sounds like they want "Mobility", but if that's the criteria I think it is a bad evaluation as that doens't translate to the pro's and you're risking you're star QB on runs.

Mallett actually shows some ellusiveness on tape. I don't care about the Freeman's, Vicks, - I want me a Manning/Marino.

Mallett had 4 rushing TD's last year. So there is the bootlegs.

Maybe it is a smoke screen. Personally, I feel Mallett is more similar to what Carrol likes. Similar to Whitehurst brings/deep ball.

But, Whitehurst looks to not have the accuracy and he's old and might never make the jump. Never was a top rated guy.

I think this latest thing is MORE media B.S. - Carolina already stated he was sick the night before. This is another NON-ISSUE.

Somebody wants him to drop!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/source-blaine-gabbert-was-top-qb-on-seattles-board

Apparently Seattle had the draft's QB's rated:

Gabbert

Koepernick

Dalton

Newton

Locker

Mallett was never an option. They basically didn't value any of the QB's in this draft and the only way they were drafting one was trading down from 25 to the early 2nd and taking Kaepernick.

Danny Watkins was who they wanted (I knew it!). Jimmy Smith was on their board and was a strong consideration but Cable got his lineman.

No news on the Carson Palmer front. Hass is still very much in play, Cleveland is a very possible landing spot for Kolb and the team still has faith in Whitehurst.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/source-blaine-gabbert-was-top-qb-on-seattles-board

Apparently Seattle had the draft's QB's rated:

Gabbert

Koepernick

Dalton

Newton

Locker

Mallett was never an option. They basically didn't value any of the QB's in this draft and the only way they were drafting one was trading down from 25 to the early 2nd and taking Kaepernick.

Danny Watkins was who they wanted (I knew it!). Jimmy Smith was on their board and was a strong consideration but Cable got his lineman.

No news on the Carson Palmer front. Hass is still very much in play, Cleveland is a very possible landing spot for Kolb and the team still has faith in Whitehurst.

I'm not sure this blog is all that on top of what the Hawks REALLY think, but they do seem pretty good and right sometimes......

Interesting stuff though.

All I got to say is if this is true, then I'm SO HAPPY we got Carpenter. I think Danny Watkins would have made me even more mad.

I didn't like him that much and he's 26. Talk about you're reaches. And I didn't want J. Smith either. What a small @$$ board though!

I think they had some D-Line guy's per the interviews I've seen. They said two bunches of D-line went off right before them earlier in the draft. (1-3 rounds)

Exiciting wise - I probably would have liked them to trade down and draft Colin Kaep if he was really there #2 overall QB. I liked that kid

(20 rushing TD's to go with his passing stats) - Plus, we then could have saved our 2nd round pick. Maybe got Moffitt with a 3rd.

Probably would have looked like a better draft if they did it that way. They really should have traded the 1st instead of 2nd.

Colin Kaep would have even made sense in the 1st with all the QB's off the board and Ponder going so early.

What we did though is probably the best option for us to solidify the line first before we get that young QB of the future. And there IS some good ones coming out next year! So, I sure HOPE they don't go give our top picks away for Palmer or Kolb!

I still think they made a huge mistake to drop Mallett off there board.

Happy they don't have Watkins though!!!! :)

If we can get a top 10 O-line going I will be more than pleased with this draft. I think if we can fix the O-line and make a couple of good signings in free agency on defense we could get the team moving in the right direction. I really would like to see a veteran CB signed but am terrified the league will impose last years free agency rules in which case we are majorly screwed. And I still wouldnt take back that Saints win...that game was electric! :headbanger:

A lot of pressure though next year to get our QB of the future. I agree Hawkfin I hope we dont trade our #1 for Palmer or Kolb they would both be serviceable for the next 5 years but we need an elite QB.

Kind of wierd though our offense is looking a bit schizophrenic. We are building towards a strong ground game which you think would have played into Bavells old offense with play action and caters to what the TCB Jesus is suposedly good at; the deep ball. But our recievers are all west coast offense types with no deep threat. :unsure:

I am trying to talk myself into the Hawks keeping our picks and throwing Whitehurst out there for a season and see what happens. He either proves hes a viable QB or we get a top draft pick for a potentially Elite QB. In which case our trying to sign someone like Bulger or McCown would make sense a viable backup and a temporary starter for half a season or so if Whitehurst blows it. I would hate to waste a season when the West is so easily winnable but the chance for an elite QB could be worth it.

But our recievers are all west coast offense types with no deep threat. :unsure:

Tate and Butler, and the recently drafted Kris Durham all have speed, they just need time to develop. Obo has decent speed for a possession WR too. Sidney Rice could be a possibility once the labor BS is over, though I think he's restricted.

If we can get a top 10 O-line going I will be more than pleased with this draft. I think if we can fix the O-line and make a couple of good signings in free agency on defense we could get the team moving in the right direction. I really would like to see a veteran CB signed but am terrified the league will impose last years free agency rules in which case we are majorly screwed. And I still wouldnt take back that Saints win...that game was electric! :headbanger:

A lot of pressure though next year to get our QB of the future. I agree Hawkfin I hope we dont trade our #1 for Palmer or Kolb they would both be serviceable for the next 5 years but we need an elite QB.

Kind of wierd though our offense is looking a bit schizophrenic. We are building towards a strong ground game which you think would have played into Bavells old offense with play action and caters to what the TCB Jesus is suposedly good at; the deep ball. But our recievers are all west coast offense types with no deep threat. :unsure:

I am trying to talk myself into the Hawks keeping our picks and throwing Whitehurst out there for a season and see what happens. He either proves hes a viable QB or we get a top draft pick for a potentially Elite QB. In which case our trying to sign someone like Bulger or McCown would make sense a viable backup and a temporary starter for half a season or so if Whitehurst blows it. I would hate to waste a season when the West is so easily winnable but the chance for an elite QB could be worth it.

Ya, I pretty much agree with everything you said there. I know it sucks to have Whitehurst out there, but I'm fine with it. We HAVE to find out what he gives us and then cut ties or make him the backup If he sucks. Then we can feel better about a rookie QB next year as we will know Whitehurst is not the answer. (Besides Whitehurst will be 30 that year - Not all that young)

I might be ok with Matt coming back too (We need somebody) But, I just don't want to give up picks for whatever we do at QB.

Especially, not 1st or 2nd rounders.

See what happens. I'm liking our Oline though! I think it could be something real special.

Ya, I pretty much agree with everything you said there. I know it sucks to have Whitehurst out there, but I'm fine with it. We HAVE to find out what he gives us and then cut ties or make him the backup If he sucks. Then we can feel better about a rookie QB next year as we will know Whitehurst is not the answer. (Besides Whitehurst will be 30 that year - Not all that young)

I might be ok with Matt coming back too (We need somebody) But, I just don't want to give up picks for whatever we do at QB.

Especially, not 1st or 2nd rounders.

See what happens. I'm liking our Oline though! I think it could be something real special.

i know the Hawks won the division and won a really, really exciting playoff game over the Saints but shouldn't the team have been doing this LAST season?? I mean, everything i was hearing from Seattle fans was that 2010 was a recognized rebuilding year, yet the organization played Matty Hass over Whitehurst. Would have been nice to see what they had in him last year and likely end up with a higher draft pick in the process. Seems like a wasted year in terms of finding the long term answer at QB.

i know the Hawks won the division and won a really, really exciting playoff game over the Saints but shouldn't the team have been doing this LAST season?? I mean, everything i was hearing from Seattle fans was that 2010 was a recognized rebuilding year, yet the organization played Matty Hass over Whitehurst. Would have been nice to see what they had in him last year and likely end up with a higher draft pick in the process. Seems like a wasted year in terms of finding the long term answer at QB.

They were rebuilding while staying competitive. Any talk on Whitehurst is lip service. They realized in practices last year that they made a mistake. The QB of the future isnt on the team yet and Whitey is an expensive emergency plan. Plus, the playoff feel-good stuff was probably beneficial to the younger players.

I probably would have played my youth at the expense of wins, but kudos to the team for not packing it in like certain other teams in the division.

They were rebuilding while staying competitive. Any talk on Whitehurst is lip service. They realized in practices last year that they made a mistake. The QB of the future isnt on the team yet and Whitey is an expensive emergency plan. Plus, the playoff feel-good stuff was probably beneficial to the younger players.

I probably would have played my youth at the expense of wins, but kudos to the team for not packing it in like certain other teams in the division.

no no. i totally agree with you. i think they realized whitehurst was a mistake

my question was more in response to the post suggesting they play Whitehurst this year to see what they have in him. If thats the case, its something that should have been done last season.

if they end up playing him this year to "see what he can do" then they have really botched the QB position.

All true points - But, I don't necessarily think they have written Whitehurst off completely just because of practice. Matt just out played him and he never was the better QB. (But, I do agree I think he's not the answer and was a mistake. But I don't think that's a given just yet)

That being said, They did roll with Whitehurst on the last game (Rams) and none of that playoff stuff would have even happened if he lost.

YET - He won - And He did get some big game experence.

But, yes, they want to stay competitive while they rebuild. I bet Whitehurst gets more games in this year.

my question was more in response to the post suggesting they play Whitehurst this year to see what they have in him. If thats the case, its something that should have been done last season.

if they end up playing him this year to "see what he can do" then they have really botched the QB position.

Whithurst won the only game he started last year if I'm not mistaken... The amount of draft picks they gave for Whitehurst was the mistake. I don't agree that it's already proven he IS a mistake as a player yet. (Probably)

But, I think he needs to play more to find out. We are still a number of years away before we are any good. We can throw away "per say" another year if he sucks. PLUS, I'm sure they wanted to rebuild the line to give him a realistic and decent shot.

Whithurst won the only game he started last year if I'm not mistaken... The amount of draft picks they gave for Whitehurst was the mistake. I don't agree that it's already proven he IS a mistake as a player yet. (Probably)

But, I think he needs to play more to find out. We are still a number of years away before we are any good. We can throw away "per say" another year if he sucks. PLUS, I'm sure they wanted to rebuild the line to give him a realistic and decent shot.

It was also important for everybody (Young Players, Coaches, Fans, Pete himself, Managment, etc.) to do well his first year. So Matt seemed like a more logical choice most the year.

I agree, last year I would have rolled Whitey out sooner and more often. In fact, from the get go I would have rolled with youth. They went in a different direction, wanting to be competitive at the expense of playing time for some of the youngsters and Whitehurst.

had whitehurst started last year, after being traded for, i dont think it would have been a wasted year. Seattle would have been seeing its invesment first hand and preparing for the future at the position.

however if they do it this year, i think its a year late. Not that it still can't be viable or that whitehurst cant show them something but it will be painfully obvious that they should have played him more extensively last year.

forget the divison crown and playoff win, this was a sub .500 team. They had no business playing Hass if their intention was to figure out the future at QB and fully rebuild.

had whitehurst started last year, after being traded for, i dont think it would have been a wasted year. Seattle would have been seeing its invesment first hand and preparing for the future at the position.

however if they do it this year, i think its a year late. Not that it still can't be viable or that whitehurst cant show them something but it will be painfully obvious that they should have played him more extensively last year.

forget the divison crown and playoff win, this was a sub .500 team. They had no business playing Hass if their intention was to figure out the future at QB and fully rebuild.

I dont think it matters. Even if they played him extensively and he sucked ass, I doubt they would have done anything differently this offseason.

I think we tend to look at the team a bit too much like a GM...damn you FF fever! The players are world class athletes playing a brutal game, the need to win and going for it is extremely important as motivation. These guys understand how short their careers are better than most.

You can't just come out and say we are packing it in this year and trying for the best lottery pick possible what will the rest of the team think, never mind the fans. We already had Matt signed, I think the plan was for The Clipboard Jesus to beat him out for the start at some point during the season. But Matt is too proud to go down quietly and out played him, it boggles my mind that QB needy teams are not fighting to sign this guy he is a warrior (he played hurt and played well). The fans and players would have screamed bloody murder if you didnt start Matt last year.

That said I have a couple of warning flags with the new regime, the Whitehurst trade looks like we gave up too much. Trading for Lynch I think we gave up too much. Not totally in love with how our draft went down, we went O-line which I like but I thought we skipped over better valued players, time will tell.

It's a sad state of affairs but QB has not been critical in the NFC West simply because we all had mediocre QB's. With the emergence of Bradford it is going to touch off an arms race. Our failure to draft a QB this year put us in a deep hole, we need to find a franchise QB in next years draft now. <_< Which is why I am all for throwing Whitehurst out there now, he proves hes viable or he blows it and the team focuses on the run game and tough defense to compete. Either way the team stays competitive and improves in the long term.

You can't just come out and say we are packing it in this year and trying for the best lottery pick possible what will the rest of the team think, never mind the fans.

you would obviously never say this. you would just play the player you traded for in order to find out what he has as the future of your franchise. you still try 100% and try to win every game.

:wave: this thread needs to go away.......

I keep telling your wife to do the same. :wave:

She's easier then an NFC West playoff birth. Gets on her back faster then Roman Harper too. :banana:

Our sources in Seattle believe free-agent OL Ray Willis, who missed the entire 2010 season with a knee injury, could be welcomed back by new assistant head coach/offensive line Tom Cable at the right price. "He's an interesting guy who has that physicality and nastiness that Cable looks for," one team source said of Willis. "I could see him come back as a swing guy."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/05/15/mcdaniels-a-big-fan-of-wr-amendola

I think Seattle is going to have a completely different offensive line than last season. Which is a good thing.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/05/15/mcdaniels-a-big-fan-of-wr-amendola

I think Seattle is going to have a completely different offensive line than last season. Which is a good thing.

This goes along with what i've heard.

From the longtime Seattle linemen that are going to be free agents. Starting center Chris Spencer and starting right tackle Sean Locklear weren't really Cable guys and wouldn't be back. But Cable was intrigued by Willis, and he wanted him back as a backup RG/RT.

Willis is good, versatile, cheap depth. The line really could have used him last year.

Thank the lord Locklear is gone! I cannot take another season of his weak play. He's just a completely different player from 4 years ago.

I'm worried about Unger at center. Hopefully he's better at making line calls and the mental aspects of the game where Spencer struggled because he's nowhere near the athlete or as strong. I guess he's still young enough to grow into the position.

If we can get lucky with health it'll be a lot of fun to see how much this young line grows by the end of the season.

Willis is good, versatile, cheap depth. The line really could have used him last year.

Thank the lord Locklear is gone! I cannot take another season of his weak play. He's just a completely different player from 4 years ago.

I'm worried about Unger at center. Hopefully he's better at making line calls and the mental aspects of the game where Spencer struggled because he's nowhere near the athlete or as strong. I guess he's still young enough to grow into the position.

If we can get lucky with health it'll be a lot of fun to see how much this young line grows by the end of the season.

A lot of fun finishing with a below five hundred record? Haha you seahawks fans are a disgrace

eagles115 why would you waste time and come into our team thread and make useless comments? :thumbsdown:

Wouldnt the cooler thing be to start up an Eagles thread and breakdown your teams chances at the title, telling us all who is the breakout player, the potential elite depth players (such as your 3rd string RB or freshly drafted RB if Harrison is not brought back and McCoy gets hurt), team weaknesses and strengths? You know something useful to everyone in the threads and not try to rehash some old arguement you had or try to start an internet flame war?

I would love to hear some local in depth analysis or heck even some great gossip about the team, we should have every single team with a 7 page deep thread similar to this one. Of all the teams with real hopes and something to be excited about it would have to be the Eagles right? I mean if the defense plays just a little better that offense can hang with anyone. That team is just a blast to watch on offense. :headbanger:

Talk about a valuable resource for the coming FF season...or you could stick to one line simpleton comments. Up to you, but I am hoping you pick the more useful and classy option. :thumbsup:

eagles115 why would you waste time and come into our team thread and make useless comments? :thumbsdown:

Wouldnt the cooler thing be to start up an Eagles thread and breakdown your teams chances at the title, telling us all who is the breakout player, the potential elite depth players (such as your 3rd string RB or freshly drafted RB if Harrison is not brought back and McCoy gets hurt), team weaknesses and strengths?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm really excited to see what kind of line, and running game we can have this year. If this even shows a hint of glimmer, I think we're not far off in our rebuilding stage, and the rest can be taken care of next off season. That line, and Lynch has to come together though.

I'm starting to wonder what happened to Locklear? Was he even that good to begin with?

We had Jones and hutch on the left. Tobeck and Gray (2 ten year plus vets, who still played well, and did anything they had to; to get the job done.) And a healthy and still hungry Alexander running the ball.

Was Locklear even good? Or was everyone else just so good, he looked great?

That holding call in Superbowl 40 seemed to be his downfall (Still a BS call btw) Seems like has hasn't even been mediocre ever since.

We always used to run left behind Walter and Hutchinson during that O-lines peak so maybe we never put much importance on Locklear at RT (he could have just gotten old too). I can't remember the stat but runs to the left were like +5yds and had a huge chance to convert (thats not right but it was embarasing how much more our runs to the left side netted). Also running left is kind of odd with a right handed quarterback so I think it takes some getting used to by the defense...but not sure about that it may be more common than I think.

I am pretty pleased with the way we are rebuilding too. I really think a strong running game will mask a lot of problems on the football field and hope we stay committed to it. I wonder how long it takes a O-line to gel together, and start trusting one another and anticipating which way they are going to pass off blocks, and pick up blitzes? Something tells me it takes at least a year. I was trying to use Cable's Raiders as a reference and it was the second year that, that offensive line took off wasn't it?

Wouldnt the cooler thing be to start up an Eagles thread and breakdown your teams chances at the title, telling us all who is the breakout player, the potential elite depth players (such as your 3rd string RB or freshly drafted RB if Harrison is not brought back and McCoy gets hurt), team weaknesses and strengths? You know something useful to everyone in the threads and not try to rehash some old arguement you had or try to start an internet flame war?

I would love to hear some local in depth analysis or heck even some great gossip about the team, we should have every single team with a 7 page deep thread similar to this one. Of all the teams with real hopes and something to be excited about it would have to be the Eagles right? I mean if the defense plays just a little better that offense can hang with anyone. That team is just a blast to watch on offense. :headbanger:

Talk about a valuable resource for the coming FF season...or you could stick to one line simpleton comments. Up to you, but I am hoping you pick the more useful and classy option. :thumbsup:

Ahh just having a little fun...no ill feelings to the Seahawks fans........Right now the only thing going on with the birds is which team is gonna trade for Corn Kolb!! Different rumor everyday

No worries man, I am just a little overly sensitive because my team is so bad.... :(

But man I would love to hear some of your insight into the Eagles, that team looks like a Fantasy football jackpot going into next year. I think they have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl!

Do you think they end up keeping Kolb through the start of the season? I think right now a pair of 2nd rounders sounds like the going price since the lack of demand after the draft. But if they wait till trade deadline they might get a desparate team to bite on a first rounder (and a high one at that) for Kolb. I just hope it isnt the Seahawks and I am worried it could be...

No worries man, I am just a little overly sensitive because my team is so bad.... :(

But man I would love to hear some of your insight into the Eagles, that team looks like a Fantasy football jackpot going into next year. I think they have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl!

Do you think they end up keeping Kolb through the start of the season? I think right now a pair of 2nd rounders sounds like the going price since the lack of demand after the draft. But if they wait till trade deadline they might get a desparate team to bite on a first rounder (and a high one at that) for Kolb. I just hope it isnt the Seahawks and I am worried it could be...

He's just kissing up because Mike said something. He's been taking uninformed, unfunny potshots in this thread for a while now. Also, I have no idea why Mike deleted my post and not his. You did a much better job of putting him in his place though. :thumbsup:

I too don't want to overpay for Kolb. I think he could be a decent to above average starter in this league, but he's not worth the asking price, especially after the Whitehurst deal a year ago. He's had good and bad games on a team with some pretty nice playmakers. I think he's more AJ Feely then Matt Schaub (I lifted that from somewhere, cant remember where).

The latest UDFA's I've seen.

Brett Osborne (OT, Harvard)

Jeron Johnson (S, Boise St.)

Ricardo Lockette (WR, Fort Valley State)

Ricky Thenarse (S, Nebraska)

Ladi Ajiboye (DT, South Carolina)

Michael Morgan (LB, USC)

The guys in bold are fantastic pickups.

The word I'm getting before I'm out for the evening is that Tarvaris Jackson will be a Seahawk by tomorrow morning, and Sidney Rice by tomorrow evening.(Wednesday)

My .02

As long as Jackson is only a stop gap this year, then is fine with being a backup to a new (Drafted) QB from next season on. Then I'm O.K. with this.

Rice: If he's healthy, I'll take him to be our #1. With BMW #2 and Tate as our slot guy.

Obamanu, Durham, and Lockette would be a pretty decent 4,5 and 6 for a young team.

The word I'm getting before I'm out for the evening is that Tarvaris Jackson will be a Seahawk by tomorrow morning, and Sidney Rice by tomorrow evening.(Wednesday)

My .02

As long as Jackson is only a stop gap this year, then is fine with being a backup to a new (Drafted) QB from next season on. Then I'm O.K. with this.

Rice: If he's healthy, I'll take him to be our #1. With BMW #2 and Tate as our slot guy.

Obamanu, Durham, and Lockette would be a pretty decent 4,5 and 6 for a young team.

I've been cringing in anticipation of the Jackson signing, even as a stopgap. I'd rather just bring back Hassellbeck for another year, but if somebody is willing to sign him for more then one year, I can understand why he'd want to move on.

And are you sure on Rice? This would be a genuinely "exciting" acquisition, and I'm assuming a costly one. I guess we're saving money on Hass. Hopefully we resign Mebane and dont break the bank on a left guard.

With a healthy Sidney Rice, suddenly the receiver position looks like a strength. Who knows, maybe Whitehurst will show something. In the likely event he doesn't the front office will be forced to do something at the position in 2012.

On a lighter not, I was hoping we'd sign Pat Devlin. Sounds like he's going to the Dolphins. And for what it's worth, Clayton thinks we might go after Cromartie.

Since I was boycotting this site during the draft, let me just state that the most recent draft that just took place I graded out as an F-.

It was a steaming hunk of crap. I hadn't even been that harsh in judgment for any of the Ruskell drafts. We made Whitsitt look like a genius. Bring back Ken Behring. Every pick was a HUGE reach, and half the players I did not have on my top 400 players available. It was a disgrace to watch us take two absolute stiffs on offensive line, and then draft projects the rest of the way. None of the projects will be contributors, ever. It was watching D1ck Van Dyke trip over the same dam ottoman every dam time. Drafting to fill niches. A tall WR for the red zone. A LB that has long arms. Corners that can't run or cover. Ever hear of trying to draft every down players, or at least guys that might play more than 4 snaps a game if they aren't inactive or the practice squad? Why not grab a long snapper in back to back rounds. And how the hell do you not address the biggest need on the team, the defensive line? The second biggest need was defensive secondary. Hell, the offensive line wasn't in the top 3 of most important parts of the team to upgrade for the last offseason.

I was embarrassed by the effort of Carroll and Schneider. Why don't they understand the concept of value? Jumping Jehosophat, we lucked into Okung and Thomas last year, as it now looks. Look at the rest of that draft. Did we add much else? We are currently the 4th best team in the division, and the future looks bleaker than an Edgar Allen Poe tale. I haven't slept in 4 months. I have no expectations as we go through the motions and win 4 games behind the uninspired play of "Close My Eyes and Pray It's a Completion" Touchdown Jesus or maybe that stiff of a QB that washed out in Minnesota behind the best offensive line in football and Adrian Petersen running the ball. Wheeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we having fun yet? Stop this world, I want to get off.