Sign in to follow this  
Axe Elf

The Genius That Is Axe Elf

Is this the same Axe Elf I played with in Mephisto's league for a few years?

One year, until Mephisto cost me a victory by allowing his friend to submit a new lineup after the 1pm Sunday deadline. I don't play with commishes who bend the rules for their buddies.

One year, until Mephisto cost me a victory by allowing his friend to submit a new lineup after the 1pm Sunday deadline. I don't play with commishes who bend the rules for their buddies.

Think it was 2 years but I rememeber that -- memph was at fault he put a trade through at like 10 am sunday morning screwing up the guys line up

Moz, by your post count, you've been on this board a while...

Din't the Fantasy Sports Wire board clean the clocks of this board and like three others in some Interboard Challenge for a few years, back in the early 00's or so? It seems like FFToday was one of the boards we schooled, but I can't remember for sure.

Moz, by your post count, you've been on this board a while...

Din't the Fantasy Sports Wire board clean the clocks of this board and like three others in some Interboard Challenge for a few years, back in the early 00's or so? It seems like FFToday was one of the boards we schooled, but I can't remember for sure.

If you mean the 4 Board League, FFT won the title at least twice, once when I was on the team (it was an all FFT championship game, me against a teammate, and I lost). That league disbanded about 3 years ago.

I thought there were five boards when FSW was involved, because I remember we played four games each week. But then FSW went under around 2004 or 2005 or so, so maybe the league continued on for a few years without us there to hawk all the glory.

I thought there were five boards when FSW was involved, because I remember we played four games each week. But then FSW went under around 2004 or 2005 or so, so maybe the league continued on for a few years without us there to hawk all the glory.

Then that would be the Inter Board League, which is still ongoing.

For what it's worth, I was part of the Starving Brain for the year when it went to 10 teams.

actually the IBL got alot bigger after FSW left - I was in the IBL for like 6 years and we (fft( won it once or twice when I was there - yes FSW had a solid team for a decent run. There is like 10 boards or something in it now - I left last year so I don't know whats happening now.

8 boards. FFT is defending champion

That's funny. We can go back to all the previous years of the IBL from the main page. There he is, in 2003, Axe Elf on the Fantasy Sports Wire board. Looks like he went 41-24-1. He had LT of course. But FFToday finished with more wins that year than Fantasy Sports Wire it looks like. He may have participated other years but it would of been under a different team name.

That's funny. We can go back to all the previous years of the IBL from the main page. There he is, in 2003, Axe Elf on the Fantasy Sports Wire board. Looks like he went 41-24-1. He had LT of course. But FFToday finished with more wins that year than Fantasy Sports Wire it looks like. He may have participated other years but it would of been under a different team name.

Any truth to the rumor that the Chimp bounced him from the playoffs?

Hmmm... I thought I did it two or three years. That might have been about the time I started using the team name "Kakorrhaphiophobiaxe" (kakorrhaphiophobia being, of course, the fear of failure). Any teams by that name around that period? Do you have a link?

Hmmm... I thought I did it two or three years. That might have been about the time I started using the team name "Kakorrhaphiophobiaxe" (kakorrhaphiophobia being, of course, the fear of failure). Any teams by that name around that period? Do you have a link?

This is the link to this year... http://www34.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/48943#0 ....if you go up to "my leagues," it lists all the previous years. You did participate in 2004 under the name you listed above. Looks like that is the year Fantasy Sports Wire did really well. You were 35-31-1 it appears.

So I did a Google on my team name, and found a link to the 2004 Draft of the IBL as well, but I couldn't get to any results pages from it. I'm guessing I did pretty well; because (1) I'm Axe Elf, and (2) my roster included:

Jake Delhomme 3886 yds, 29 TDs (+1 rush), 15 INT

Corey Dillon 1738 total yds, 13 TDs

Edgerrin James 2031 total yds, 9 TDs

Donald Driver 1208/9

Jimmy Smith 1172/6

Chris Chambers 898/7

Eagles D 47 sacks, 28 turnovers, 2 TDs

EDIT: That team just barely cracked .500? Dang, I must have had some really bad scheduling luck.

I may have only done that league 2 years. I couldn't find a 2002 or 2005 link, anyway.

This one was funny, though. Even the Fantasy Sports Wire regulars got tired of my evident and recurring genius, and challenged me to participate in a league called "Shut Up and Draft" against 13 of their best. Someone even made a league logo showing an elf tied up with a big red "X" over his mouth.

Of course, I won the league championship.

http://football99.my...2003/home/34155

There is barely enough room in this thread for your ego much less any useful information...oh wait there was no useful information.

I don't care about your team 5 years ago much less last year, everyone on these boards has won numerous championships in every format and league imaginable. And you know what, all those championships are meaningless to the rest of us as well, it is all about the quality of information you bring to the boards right now not 5 years ago, much less 6 months ago.

I like...no I love that you stuck your neck out and made some bold predictions. :thumbsup: It helps us all to consider different players in a different light. But then to spend 3 pages trying to give us your resume? It smacks of insecurity. Throwing out your predictions is great but letting the posters bait you is a waste of your time and ours. It can be a fun read for the rest of us though so if you really want to keep going by all means don't stop now. :cheers:

There is barely enough room in this thread for your ego much less any useful information...oh wait there was no useful information.

I don't care about your team 5 years ago much less last year, everyone on these boards has won numerous championships in every format and league imaginable. And you know what, all those championships are meaningless to the rest of us as well, it is all about the quality of information you bring to the boards right now not 5 years ago, much less 6 months ago.

I like...no I love that you stuck your neck out and made some bold predictions. :thumbsup: It helps us all to consider different players in a different light. But then to spend 3 pages trying to give us your resume? It smacks of insecurity. Throwing out your predictions is great but letting the posters bait you is a waste of your time and ours. It can be a fun read for the rest of us though so if you really want to keep going by all means don't stop now. :cheers:

I am thinking that we are going to learn very soon how much he bench presses. :waiting:

I am thinking that we are going to learn very soon how much he bench presses. :waiting:

He's a newbie alias? :huh:

But then to spend 3 pages trying to give us your resume?

Have you axually read the thread? I was only giving you my Week 1 results, until someone brought up the question of whether or not he used to play in a league with me years ago. I joined in the conversation from a nostalgic perspective, but it's largely been OTHER people hyping my genius and performance prior to Week 1 of 2011.

Understandable, really...

Have you axually read the thread? I was only giving you my Week 1 results, until someone brought up the question of whether or not he used to play in a league with me years ago. I joined in the conversation from a nostalgic perspective, but it's largely been OTHER people hyping my genius and performance prior to Week 1 of 2011.

And he did not do so bashing you at all.

Just asked and admitted Meph screwed up.

Then you went off, on your own to try and brag about the Fantasy Sports Wire crap.

Yeah, I din't feel that he was bashing me at all, and I din't respond to him from that perspective. I asked him if he was here when FSW played FFT in the Interboard League, and then someone else went digging up my results--that wasn't me. I joined in with the "Shut Up and Draft" league. All this has been just conversational postscripts to the real topic of the thread--how well I did in Week 1 of 2011.

Yes, at this point your genius is exceeded only by your humility, the creepiness of your avatar, and your overall dooshiness...

I was only giving you my Week 1 results,

Seems like I was the one who provided your results. You gave us propaganda.

my only contribution is to tell you you're ghey.

but i think it's a solid contribution because you may not have known.

or Mensa or any one of several guys with a strong desire to compensate for a lack of something.

I don't have aliases, and all I ever compensate for is the rampant douchebaggery of people like you. There are very few people with redeeming qualities on this forearm, and you are not one of them.

I don't have aliases, and all I ever compensate for is the rampant douchebaggery of people like you. There are very few people with redeeming qualities on this forearm, and you are not one of them.

well I like you - Sorry I can't offer much when it comes to politics and sophisticated conversations in the geek bored. I know when to read and keep my mouth shut b/c I can't offer anything intelligent. I do think I have more to offer in FF compared to why our economy sucks though. That's the best I can do on fftoday.

well I like you - Sorry I can't offer much when it comes to politics and sophisticated conversations in the geek bored. I know when to read and keep my mouth shut b/c I can't offer anything intelligent. I do think I have more to offer in FF compared to why our economy sucks though. That's the best I can do on fftoday.

You're doing more than fine. :cheers:

Well at least I know that I am on the right side of things. :thumbsup:

Well at least I know that I am on the right side of things. :thumbsup:

What you've convinced yourself of bears no resemblance to that which is reality. I hardly ever post here anymore, but you seem to have some sort of shortcoming which demanded that you start something with me, and I don't ever talk with you. You're meaningless to me, but - for some reason - the reverse isn't true.

Don't forget...

G. Pepper sprayed and mugged by trannies.

H. Getting his ass beat by a 1 armed man

What you've convinced yourself of bears no resemblance to that which is reality. I hardly ever post here anymore, but you seem to have some sort of shortcoming which demanded that you start something with me, and I don't ever talk with you. You're meaningless to me, but - for some reason - the reverse isn't true.

:lol:

I like you too Menda. Just so long as you don't rip off my arms and beat me to death with them. :cheers:

For the record, I hate Mensa. I never thought it was possible for someone to be that arrogant and dooshy. Never.

man, the Soilost is gonna' be pissed when he finds out about this Axel doosh...

~ Until We TD again - All your Axe are belong to us.

If you're going to nitpick (which is probably okay due to the gloating), of the predictions, IMO only McCoy, Gresham, Keller, and Daniels were the only picks you got "right" that were not fairly obvious. And even then, McCoy was only about the 17th highest scoring QB last week, so since the quote was "he'd be startable in any league" one could even go as far as calling that prediction wrong. And Gresham and Keller both had 60 yards and a TD...nice games for a TE, but hardly anything to gloat about.

Let's take a look at some of the other predictions which I'm assuming you're counting as you getting "right":

Henne - yes, most people didn't think he'd be a top 5 QB last week, but neither did you. You were only off by about 200 yards. Your prediction of 325/2 would've only put him as about the #10 QB last week.

Freeman - you picked him as a stinker, but he had a nearly identical # of points as your sleeper, McCoy.

Fred Jackson - you said he'd likely have a 100/TD game, but he didn't get a TD

Charles - you said he won't get 100 combined yards or a TD, but he did get a TD (another one where the stinker, Charles, scored basically the same amount of points as the sleeper, Jackson)

Massoquoi - you said he'd get 70 yards and a TD, but he didn't get a TD. He was about the 40th highest scoring WR last week. Anthony Armstrong, another one of your sleeper picks, was only a couple spots higher.

Pettigrew - you predicted a TD, which he didn't get. Finished as about the 20th highest scoring TE

Heath Miller - you predicted 5 catches, yet he only got 3.