Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Who You Dropping for TEBOW?

I dropped Helu for him because I made the mistake of starting McCluster yesterday so I couldn't drop him to pick up Tebow.

That said, once Helu clear waivers I'm going to pick him back up - I doubt anyone will scoop him up as a stash at this point. So, to answer your question, I really dropped McCluster for him.

Let's go Tebow you white over-Christian POS!

:banana:

Seriously? So you think his option reads and screen passes will be successful once the NFL defenses start scheming for him? He seems more concerned about running around in the backfield than actually reading the defense and making a throw.

Seriously? So you think his option reads and screen passes will be successful once the NFL defenses start scheming for him? He seems more concerned about running around in the backfield than actually reading the defense and making a throw.

You really want to critique the performance of a guy brought into a half-past desperate situation?

He put points on the board and gave his team a chance to win. That's all I've heard about the other ineffective QB that's been starting ahead of him...that he gave them their best chance to win.

Oh yeah, and how he was behind Brady Quinn too.

I have pretty standard scoring in my league and he put up 17.4 in one half of play. Yeah - I'd say if he's available you need to grab him. The schedule is not hard and he is a flat out winner. He doesn't throw the ball well - so what.. do you know what 50 rushing yards equates to in most fantasy leagues.. 125 Passing yards.. Fantasy is Math and Stats and TEBOW is pretty good at developing those numbers.

Tebow is a must add depending on who you are dropping. Flacco and Nelson , drop away. DO I think Tebow will really be great fantasy wise. not really BUT hes a better start then guys like Alex smith and Flacco who are on rosters. He did put up fantasy numbers last season with his legs but teams like VIck this year its hard to do it again when teams now know what you do. And since he cant really pass teams will load up to force him to pass and I can see Brady Quinn in there at any given moment if Tebow has a 4 pick day. Again he is a must add if your dropping an under performing guy.

Tebow is a must add depending on who you are dropping.

Don't mean to be a ######, but seriously this is actually the exact opposite of "must add"...

The Tebow train is cracking me up. That's all.

I had no backup QB and probably won't need him, but he's better than anything on our waiver wire and has decent upside. :dunno:

I had no backup QB and probably won't need him, but he's better than anything on our waiver wire and has decent upside. :dunno:

In this situation, I could see picking him up. :D

considering dropping matty ice. i have fitzpatrick on bye and Tebow has got the dophins week 7 after the bye. this is all assuming my bid for rapistberger doesn't go through. he's got the cards week 7!

In this situation, I could see picking him up. :D

First year playing fantasy football? He closed outlast season pretty strong.

Whether one approves of Tebow for real-world football or not...

He's demonstrated to be quite a serviceable fantasy football QB... based on the limited sample size we've seen thus far.

Limited sample size, yes, but it's all about spotting trends early in ffb

Guess I am saying , if you have Stafford as your starter and Newton as the backup then Tebow not a must add. if you have Tony Romo and Alex Smith as your QB's then drop Smith and grab Tebow and see what happens. I dont think Tebow is a must add. I dont think Battle is a must add . AGain depends on the situation.

Don't mean to be a ######, but seriously this is actually the exact opposite of "must add"...

Guess I am saying , if you have Stafford as your starter and Newton as the backup then Tebow not a must add. if you have Tony Romo and Alex Smith as your QB's then drop Smith and grab Tebow and see what happens. I dont think Tebow is a must add. I dont think Battle is a must add . AGain depends on the situation.

Smith has thrown for 5tds the last two weeks, and the SF offense looks to be finding its stride under Harbaugh. I don't have Smith but there's no way I would drop him for Tebow at this point.

I can't justify dropping Ftizpatrick for him.

I'm probably going to drop Fitz for him in my 10 team league. I think Fitz is going to remain around the 10th best QB in the league for the rest of the season. Tebow may have a chance if he gets hot to rock the FF standings during playoff time, which is all you need. It's a lottery ticket, yes, but one I'll buy into.

I have Ryan, and no backup. I'm gonna take a flyer on him, why not? I need a bye filler soon anyway, and Ryan cost me a win this week unless the Detroit D literally assrapes cutler.

Again that would depend on personal preference. cant argue that just giving an example .

Smith has thrown for 5tds the last two weeks, and the SF offense looks to be finding its stride under Harbaugh. I don't have Smith but there's no way I would drop him for Tebow at this point.

Vick is my #1 with Kolb as backup. There's just something about those QB's running around all over the field that i can't resist and i'll be trying to drop Kolb for him.

besides, Jesus likes him. Maybe HE can teach him to read a defense.

Guess I am saying, if you have Stafford as your starter and Newton as the backup then Tebow not a must add.

Stafford and Newton have the same bye week. So in this situation, Tebow works real good. If Denver were to announce that Harriet Beecher Stowe was going to get all the red zone carries, she'd be flying off the waiver wire faster than you can say "dead author." Tebow, unlike Harriet, actually will get most of the red zone and goal line carries. Unless the Broncos pass. Then he gets those, too. Yeah, as a Stafford and Newton owner, and unless someone drops Rodgers, he's about as close as it gets to a bye week "must add."

I am dropping tom brady, aaron rodgers, and drew brees for Tebow.

The dude is the second son of man and will lead us all to the promised land when the anti-christ returns in 2012.

seriously though Tim Tebow is the greatest player ever in the nfl with the arm of dan marino, the legs of barry sanders, the courage of michael singletary, and the heart of ray lewis.

Vick is my #1 with Kolb as backup. There's just something about those QB's running around all over the field that i can't resist and i'll be trying to drop Kolb for him.

besides, Jesus likes him. Maybe HE can teach him to read a defense.

:cheers:

Yeah it seems like he would be pretty easy to defend. Rush 4.. drop everyone else into coverage and then wait for him to one hop the ball to his receiver.

I am actually trading AP and Roddy White for him straight up. He has god on his side......thats not fair to the other teams.

Gonna try to drop orton for him. Mostly to cockblock other teams with qb needs

I have Schaub and Fitzpatrick and I'm thinking of dropping Fitzpatrick and grabbing Tebow to stash on my bench and so that no one else has them. I feel like the Bills will continue to win but I am unsure of how Fitzpatrick will preform in those wins

I have Schaub and Fitzpatrick and I'm thinking of dropping Fitzpatrick and grabbing Tebow to stash on my bench and so that no one else has them. I feel like the Bills will continue to win but I am unsure of how Fitzpatrick will preform in those wins

holywow. You would drop a rising star in fitz for a flash in the pan thats going to be on the IR in 2 weeks?

I dropped Jared Cook for him last week. I've never carried three QBs before, but the potential here is too good to pass up. He's scored a rushing TD in, what, every game he's started? Top 10 the rest of the way is not a stretch.

Top 10 the rest of the way is not a stretch.

Saying that a qb that has a long windup, is inaccurate, just installed as the starter and is a slow runner.....who likes to run anyway is going to be a top 10 qb from here on out is WAY more than a stretch. There is a FAR better chance that he gets broken in half than he finishes up as a top tier qb.

Has anyone attempted trading him yet? Just wondering what kinda value he's got right now. I'm looking to swap him for a WR2 or RB3 if possible. Might take another game or two though

Saying that a qb that has a long windup, is inaccurate, just installed as the starter and is a slow runner.....who likes to run anyway is going to be a top 10 qb from here on out is WAY more than a stretch. There is a FAR better chance that he gets broken in half than he finishes up as a top tier qb.

Sure, he could get snapped in two. However, we've already seen what he can do. The end of last season, this week--if he doesn't die on the field, he's going to put up big time numbers. I'll drop almost any bench player for a guy who put up 24, 28, and 34 to end 2010, and hit 18 points in one half on Sunday. Rushing numbers are massive in fantasy.

I've just put in waiver requests for both Tebow and Alex Smith, to back up my sh!tty starter in Ryan.

Dropped the Pitt D and Thomas Jones to do it, so who focking cares.