Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

2011 MLB World Series

Was going to make this a poll, but you can only select 3 options. Basically, with all of the marquee teams done, I'm wondering if anyone is even going to watch the WS? I'm thinking if Detroit doesn't get in, it's probably going to be the lowest rated WS on record. The 2010 WS was the least watched on record and I'd think SF would draw more viewers than STL/MIL?

I'm a Tigers fan, so I'd watch either of the NL teams vs. the Tigers, but neither of them vs. the Rangers.

Tigers vs. Brewers = YES

Tigers vs. Cards = YES

Rangers vs. Brewers = NO

Rangers vs. Cards = NO

What say you?

Magic 8-ball says...

No

I'll probably watch part of some of the games just because there won't be anything better on TV. If there was a seventh game with Carpenter matched up against Verlander then I may be compelled to watch it. I don't particularly hate any of these teams or particularly like any of these teams. They do have some players that I like to watch...Pujols, Verlander, Braun, and others.

Hoping the Tigers make it, but I'll probably watch what I can either way because I've only had access to Giants games played at home, or any Cubs games (thanks to WGN Chicago) which I didn't manage to catch much. So obviously no baseball for a little while.

Obviously watch intently if my Rangers make it. The Tigers are not very exciting to watch, except for when Verlander is going. I will watch all of his games more than likely.

Not at all. I'll see the only plays that matter on Sportscenter against my will. I've no idea how baseball isn't dead yet. Four hour games of standing around mixed with frequent rain stoppage and commercials? Fock you.

Not at all. I'll see the only plays that matter on Sportscenter against my will. I've no idea how baseball isn't dead yet. Four hour games of standing around mixed with frequent rain stoppage and commercials? Fock you.

Mostly agree with this, except my home team is in it. Actually, I feel the same way about basketball and hockey as well. If the home team isn't playing, I couldn't give a fock.

Football and golf are the only sports that get unconditional status.

aids

Mostly agree with this, except my home team is in it. Actually, I feel the same way about basketball and hockey as well. If the home team isn't playing, I couldn't give a fock.

Football and golf are the only sports that get unconditional status.

aids

Golf is nearly as bad, but at least they cut around to the action and don't make you watch the focking standoff.

Hockey, I don't understand or have a team or any kind of interest I've been raised on, but I can watch it and be interested as a casual observer, especially during the playoffs. Basketball and football are king, and I don't see how anyone looking to be entertained can disagree.

Golf is nearly as bad, but at least they cut around to the action and don't make you watch the focking standoff.

Hockey, I don't understand or have a team or any kind of interest I've been raised on, but I can watch it and be interested as a casual observer, especially during the playoffs. Basketball and football are king, and I don't see how anyone looking to be entertained can disagree.

Assuming you enjoy the sport of golf, watching a tournament on tv is like watching the Redzone channel on Sundays. No other sport can quickly cut to more action at any given time.

No doubt basketball is Queen to football's King as far as entertainment value goes, but yeah I don't give a fock unless it's the Mavericks.

Assuming you enjoy the sport of golf, watching a tournament on tv is like watching the Redzone channel on Sundays. No other sport can quickly cut to more action at any given time.

No doubt basketball is Queen to football's King as far as entertainment value goes, but yeah I don't give a fock unless it's the Mavericks.

I understand I'm probably part of the exception as far as love of basketball, being from Kentucky (where football is horrible).

Golf is something I've never played, because I don't know anyone who plays who is happy about how they play or who does anything but rage while doing it. Plus, I don't have that kind of money. There's a lot of standing around (or walking to the next shot) in it too, but from a TV standpoint I get why it's successful because, as you said, they cut out the boring shiit and lots of people play golf and enjoy watching it.

Baseball, I got nada. No one goes out with their buddies and plays 9 innings after work. Aside from it being "American" and being all we had like 100 years ago, I don't understand why it continues to survive.

ill watch as much as id watch any world series.

baseball just doesnt hold my interest anymore.

I like Detroit and St. Louis and kind of like Texas. Don't really care about the Brew Crew.

id be most likely to watch cards/tigers

No, just not really interested. :dunno:

same across the bored

Was going to make this a poll, but you can only select 3 options. Basically, with all of the marquee teams done, I'm wondering if anyone is even going to watch the WS? I'm thinking if Detroit doesn't get in, it's probably going to be the lowest rated WS on record. The 2010 WS was the least watched on record and I'd think SF would draw more viewers than STL/MIL?

I'm a Tigers fan, so I'd watch either of the NL teams vs. the Tigers, but neither of them vs. the Rangers.

Tigers vs. Brewers = YES

Tigers vs. Cards = YES

Rangers vs. Brewers = NO

Rangers vs. Cards = NO

What say you?

Mobb,people will watch Mobb...They'll come to Texas/St.Louis/Detroit/Milwaukee/ for reasons they can't even fathom..they'll pull up in front of the T.V set not knowing for sure why they're doing it.and they'll watch the games and and it'll be like they dipped themselves in magic waters.The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces.People will watch Mobb.The one constant through all the years,Mobb,has been baseball.America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.it has been erased like a blackboard,rebuilt and erased again.But Baseball has marked the time.This field,this game it's part of our past, Mobb.It reminds us of all that was once good and it could be again. Oh....people will watch Mobb. People will most definitely watch

Mobb,people will watch Mobb...They'll come to Texas/St.Louis/Detroit/Milwaukee/ for reasons they can't even fathom..they'll pull up in front of the T.V set not knowing for sure why they're doing it.and they'll watch the games and and it'll be like they dipped themselves in magic waters.The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces.People will watch Mobb.The one constant through all the years,Mobb,has been baseball.America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.it has been erased like a blackboard,rebuilt and erased again.But Baseball has marked the time.This field,this game it's part of our past, Mobb.It reminds us of all that was once good and it could be again. Oh....people will watch Mobb. People will most definitely watch

I won't be one of them. :thumbsup:

Good luck to the Rangers though. Your team has obviously overcame a lot, with a roster that has crackheads both managing and playing LF. :cheers:

Baseball, I got nada. No one goes out with their buddies and plays 9 innings after work.

I couldn't agree more. Me and my buddies always go get our pads and helmets and line up for a little 11 on 11 football after work. We even get a local high school band to come out for our full fifteen minute halftime so we can go to our locker room and come up with a game plan for the 2nd half. It is awesome.

I won't be one of them. :thumbsup:

Good luck to the Rangers though. Your team has obviously overcame a lot, with a roster that has crackheads both managing and playing LF. :cheers:

My team :dunno: nah My team is the Dodgers they won't be playing for anything meaningful for along time.....I do love Baseball though....and doooshy speeches fron Field Of Dreams :cheers:

I will watch.

I watched as much of the LCS' as I could while I was on vacation.

I am thrilled Detroit and Milwaukee didn't win their series. Their fans are the most unbearable of the 4 left when they have a team doing well. (I know Boston fans are too, as well as every other fan base)

Going on record, again - saying WS home field advantage should not be decided by who wins the All Star game, moronic.

I will watch.

I watched as much of the LCS' as I could while I was on vacation.

I am thrilled Detroit and Milwaukee didn't win their series. Their fans are the most unbearable of the 4 left when they have a team doing well. (I know Boston fans are too, as well as every other fan base)

you'd find something negative about the fans even if the royals and pirates made it

you'd find something negative about the fans even if the royals and pirates made it

No, Edjr is a big fan of pirates. You might even say he considers himself a type of one.

Going on record, again - saying WS home field advantage should not be decided by who wins the All Star game, moronic.

I'd be far more impressed had you said otherwise. i don't know anyone that agrees with Bud Selig on it being good or right for the game.

I might watch since I will be on vacation later in the week and will probably be at a bar that has it on. Other than that, I have no real desire to watch.

If Selig never made a dumb decision like this, home field advantage would have been with the National League team this year...

If Selig never made a dumb decision like this, home field advantage would have been with the National League team this year...

And with the American League last year (i.e. texas).....

I will watch a few games. But I will watch almost any sport, or competition. The thrill of victory vs the agony of defeat is always awesome TV.

No one goes out with their buddies and plays 9 innings after work.

Nobody you know plays softball?

I'll watch, but I'm a pretty big baseball fan.

My FIL is trying to get some tickets from a vendor for us.

I'll watch, but I'm a pretty big baseball fan.

My FIL is trying to get some tickets from a vendor for us.

I've got a ticket to game 4. :banana: broom will be in hand :banana:

I've got a ticket to game 4. :banana: broom will be in hand :banana:

I've been to the WS twice, since its so close I want to go. I was able to go to a final four last year, and since I'll never be able to go to a super bowl with the prices they get, the WS is the best ticket I can get.

I've been to the WS twice, since its so close I want to go. I was able to go to a final four last year, and since I'll never be able to go to a super bowl with the prices they get, the WS is the best ticket I can get.

I got to go to game 5 last year and see Lincecum outduel Cliff Lee, then watch the Giants celebrate their title. I assume most have never seen a big 4 title won, so that was cool I guess.

Obviously I'm joking with the broom comment. Or am I? :dunno:

Didn't get to go to any of the Mavs finals games due to a lack of a hookup and a lack of a bank account that could pay those prices. Super Bowl was here as well this year but I didn't even look into that one.

What a fuucking year for sports in DFW.

Again, not watching, but cheering for the Rangers. Those fans deserve a WS. Rangers have been bad most of my lifetime and as brilliant as he is, something about Tony LaRussa annoys the hell out of me.

Going for the Rangers for the simple fact that I'm familiar with them from the WS last year, and they've never won one. CJ Wilson is also pretty easy on the eyes.

Looking forward to finally seeing Pujol's in action though.