Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Demarco Murrary with 256 yards rushing

Felix can go back to being used on 3rd down, passing downs, and a COP back like in '09 when he was relevant and actually put up points and yards!!

I was all set to start him then the news of Choice starting chased me away.

No more, as long as felix is out, he is in permanently.

Watched all his college highlights on Youtube and comparisons to Peterson's size, measurables, stats......Boys got a steal in the draft and so did I on the wire.

So glad I started him today due to FJax on bye!

So mad I didn't pick him up in my other league

Yeah I picked him up in one league due to BYE weeks but let him stay on the wire in another league. :wall:

gotta take my lumps. when they drafted him, i was shouting "why the F are we drafting another RB?"

then i watched today's game, and said "oh...that's why."

not getting too high on his total yardage--it was the rams, after all, but he flashed some serious talent.

Was there any evidence this would happen? Was this guy ever considered a deep sleeper in pre-season? I know he was the top added player last week but wow...and I added Morris Sunday morning with this guy available..

Was there any evidence this would happen? Was this guy ever considered a deep sleeper in pre-season? I know he was the top added player last week but wow...and I added Morris Sunday morning with this guy available..

Yeah he was a sleeper. I drafted him. Anyone backing up Felix Jones should be considered a pretty decent sleeper

Murray owner in my league is currently shopping him for a #2 WR and a #3 RB. Offered me Murray for Stevie Johnson and Jackie Battle. Offered another owner Murray for Benson and Jordy Nelson.

I said no thank you. The other owner is thinking about it.

This is as high as Murray will get and smart owners should be shopping him right now.

In the beginning of the season, I remember him being grouped closely with Delone Carter and Helu as rookie RBs who could excel if the starters on their teams sit for any reason.

Murray owner in my league is currently shopping him for a #2 WR and a #3 RB. Offered me Murray for Stevie Johnson and Jackie Battle. Offered another owner Murray for Benson and Jordy Nelson.

I said no thank you. The other owner is thinking about it.

This is as high as Murray will get and smart owners should be shopping him right now.

Not sure I agree with that. If he retains the starting gig when Felix comes back then his value goes up. As of now he's just another fill in for 1-2 weeks.

Not sure I agree with that. If he retains the starting gig when Felix comes back then his value goes up. As of now he's just another fill in for 1-2 weeks.

Even if Murray runs well, I still see Felix taking about 30 - 40% when he gets back.

Even if Murray runs well, I still see Felix taking about 30 - 40% when he gets back.

I agree. I think that uncertainty really hurts his value.

Is Demarco for real? Or did he get that many yards because it was against the Rams?

I was thinking about picking Demarco up tomorrow. Beanie Wells is my starter, and he's out. DeAngelo Williams and Ben Tate are my only other RB's.

Or did he get that many yards because it was against the Rams?

Exactly. All RBs would have finished with 253 yards. Not that impressive when it's vs. the Rams. Let's see him rush for 253 yards 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

Demarco Murray...dangerously close to having more rushing yards in week 7 than total yards by Baltimore and Jacksonville combined.

if felix ran the ball, he would have had 25 12 carries for 79 38 yards, before leaving with a torn labia minora.

Fixed :thumbsup:

gotta take my lumps. when they drafted him, i was shouting "why the F are we drafting another RB?"

This is one of the things that has infuriated me with the team - we never seem to realize one of our kids is a stud until somebody else ahead of him on the depth chart gets hurt. Drew Bledsoe goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Romo dude. Roy Williams goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Miles Austin dude. Felix goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Murray dude. Be nice to actually have somebody on the sideline or front office who has a little bit of player evaluation skill.

Is Demarco for real? Or did he get that many yards because it was against the Rams?

Would you have felt better had he only ran for 120 yards?

Yes is was against the Rams - but St. Louis has played 6 games this year and not once has anybody else run for 258 on them. The next most anybody has reached is something like 137. Dallas has Philly this week - not exactly good at stopping the run themselves.

I'm holding and hoping he's just a decent producer for the rest of the season (even with Felix back). I need all the RB's I can get and it's not like I'm going to get a good starter in return for him.

If you think about it, even without the 91 yard TD he had 162 yards on the ground which is still more than other RB's have put up on the Rams.

This is one of the things that has infuriated me with the team - we never seem to realize one of our kids is a stud until somebody else ahead of him on the depth chart gets hurt. Drew Bledsoe goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Romo dude. Roy Williams goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Miles Austin dude. Felix goes down, huh - guess we have to try this Murray dude. Be nice to actually have somebody on the sideline or front office who has a little bit of player evaluation skill.

I wouldn't crown him a stud yet. Remember Jerome Harrison? Couple years ago, he comes in for an injured, who was it, Jamal Lewis? Actually, he wasn't even the first guy they turned to. The Browns turned to a rookie RB, and then I think HE got hurt, too, so they put in Jerome Harrison, who proceeded to rush for 286 yards and 3 TDs. The next year he's replaced by Hillis and finds himself on various depth charts between Philly and Detroit.

All things being equal (meaning if all plays were exactly the same, but you substituted Jones for Murray), Felix would have run for 250 yards too. For sure he would have had the 90 yarder... No one even came close to touching him and the hole was 5 yards wide.

All things being equal (meaning if all plays were exactly the same, but you substituted Jones for Murray), Felix would have run for 250 yards too. For sure he would have had the 90 yarder... No one even came close to touching him and the hole was 5 yards wide.

You must of watched a different game than I did. I agree on the 90 yarder, but even at that one Murray made a move on the safety that Felix just doesn't make. As far as the rest, no way - Felix doesn't have the vision nor the stop-and-go change of direction ability that Murray does and showed in the game.

I wouldn't crown him a stud yet. Remember Jerome Harrison? Couple years ago, he comes in for an injured, who was it, Jamal Lewis? Actually, he wasn't even the first guy they turned to. The Browns turned to a rookie RB, and then I think HE got hurt, too, so they put in Jerome Harrison, who proceeded to rush for 286 yards and 3 TDs. The next year he's replaced by Hillis and finds himself on various depth charts between Philly and Detroit.

so we should temper expectations on the off chance he is found to have a brain tumor in three years?

I tend to agree. That's why Jones was so visibly frustrated when he went down. He knew he had some really nice matchups coming up. I will say this though. Murray looks more like a durable feature back than Jones does. If I were the Cowboys, I'd start Murray and use Jones as the 3rd down back. And I say this as a Jones owner.

You must of watched a different game than I did. I agree on the 90 yarder, but even at that one Murray made a move on the safety that Felix just doesn't make. As far as the rest, no way - Felix doesn't have the vision nor the stop-and-go change of direction ability that Murray does and showed in the game.

I had the game on and probably watched about a quarter total as I was busy with other things. Between that and catching up on highlights....yeah, his blocking was great. Yeah, the Rams suck on defense and can't tackle for crap.

But the dude was still pulling some nifty moves, making guys miss. Against better players those jukes might not work so well, but it was still a far cry from just running straight ahead through massive holes.

Murray made one cut in that 90 yard run that I'd guess every running back in the NFL would make. Henmade some nice moves in space... Space that Felix Jones did not have.

I need Murray in one league. He is my starter from here on out and I am 2nd to last place. I have Jones in another... in first and Felix is platooning with two other players as my flex.

I'd like to think I am keeping it real. Murray should get credit, don't get me wrong... And I even think he is better than Jones and will retain the bulk of the carries when Jones comes back.

That being said... I would temper expectations. Everyone has gashed the Rams in all facets of the game. We absolutely stink.

First personal fallout from this game. In a league where my top four RBs are hurt, on a bye or both, an owner offered me Murray for McFadden today :thumbsdown:

As for Murray in general, his durability isn't all that much better than Felix and I'd say Felix would have enjoyed similar numbers vs. the Rams. But as usually happens, the coach decides to lean on the running game the week after his starter goes down. :dunno:

I'd say Felix would have enjoyed similar numbers vs. the Rams.

i strongly disagree with this--murray showed a number of things that felix hasn't, particularly in terms of taking contact well, patience, and making something out of nothing. felix is extremely good in space, but he still hasn't demonstrated effectiveness working out of the tailback position. this sucks, because i thought he had turned a corner this preseason, but the regular season showed a lot of the same bad habits (like running into the backs of his blockers).

i don't think that anyone would have predicted a healthy jones to go off for 160 yards against the rams, which is what murray did minus the big gainer. speaking as a fan, we would have been pleased to felix notch 110 with a score--that would have represented significant progress.

it is only one game, and it was against the rams. but murray was running with an authority that we've never seen from jones. it looks like his toolbox is bigger, and his instincts are better.

dear god--i hope so!

It was against the Rams. What was his YPC in his previous 5 games? I beleive it was around 2.9

He ran for 91 yards in his 1st carry vs the Rams, but only had 71 yards in his 24 carries before last Sunday.

That being said... I would temper expectations. Everyone has gashed the Rams in all facets of the game. We absolutely stink.

I agree to a point - but it has more to do with our offensive line than it does Murray. Long known for being big, powerful, and dominant - this line simply does not have the kind of beef that is required to move some of the bigger defensive lineman now days. Outside of Tyron - everybody else is rather average to small. What is not in question though is Murray's talent - it's simply better than Felix's. Hopefully Red continues to give him the rock and let him learn on the fly.

This?

Dallas Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray is unlikely to receive 25 carries again, as he did during the team's Week 7 game. Murray's 25 carries were the most by a Cowboys player since RB Marion Barber III rushed 25 times in October 2008. Starting RB Felix Jones has never carried the ball more than 22 times in one game for the Cowboys. "Certainly the trend in the NFL over the last 15 or 20 years is to use multiple backs," head coach Jason Garrett said. "The days of Emmitt Smith carrying it 30 times a game for 16 straight weeks, I don't know if those exist anymore."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=749446-cowboys-demarco-murray%E2%80%99s-workload-to-decrease#ixzz1buFl0fph