Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Tebow showing his true colors today

So for 30 other teams what's the use of wining a single game?. You are really upset about Tebow aren't you

No use. Good to see you're finally finding your way out of your own arse.

NFL QBs with better win a better win percentage than Tebow this season:

Aaron Rodgers and

(nobody else)

One thing is for sure.....and you NFL students might want to take note. These types of consecutive comebacks and 4th quarter/OT wins have never been witnessed in the NFL before. Never. It is not only uncanny and unbelievable... but also unprecedented. I am still in disbelief.

No, it is not all Tebow, but he is the one driving the train. His unique ability to lift those around him and create belief no matter how dismal things look......to actually make others substantially better.... is something we may never see again. It is a phenomenon. Quit fighting it and enjoy this rare event.

Aaron Rodgers and

(nobody else)

M v p

the discussions around tebow and the broncos can go round and round and round till we all die, and there will be no consensus. You can point to his defense, his running game, whatever it is you want to look at, and there will be counterpoints to all of that. Well if he didn't play so poorly for 3 and a half quarters he wouldn't need to play hero at the end, he'll never be able to come back from a 2 td deficit, blahblahblah. The only constant in all of this, is that the broncos are winning. It's not easy to win in the NFL, and certainly not on the road. They're winning game after game, home and away. You can't take away from that. I've been a tebow critic since he got drafted in the 1st round, and still hold my opinion of him not having what it takes to be a successful NFL qb for the long run, however you can't discount the wins. Anyone that does is a moron. Again, you can argue a bunch of points on either side of the ledger, and odds are they're all valid. However, the wins are there, and say what you want, but late in teh games, he's always a big part of pulling out the wins. And in some cases, he's the only reason they're pulling out the wins. So you want to keep arguing about he's good, no he sucks, blahblahblah, go ahead. However it's at this stage a fairly tiresome arguement from both sides. Time to give it a rest, and just let him do his thing. Be interesting to see if they can get anything done if/when they get into the playoffs. The way they're winning right now, looks like they'll be in. Today was a perfect day for my jets in terms of other contenders falling by the wayside, except for the damn broncos. They just won again, as they have the past month and a half...

Gotta be. Who else strips the ball from Barber or kicks two long field goals from the sidelines? Diego Maradona has nothing on this kid. He has both the hand and foot of god.

I heard he had 10 straight completions to finish the game

I heard he had 10 straight completions to finish the game

Do you think if he doesn't improve that he'll sustain this level of success? Those 10 straight passes didn't get the team anywhere near the endzone. Prater had to pull a Janikowski to bail the team out. Look, I don't discount Tebow's impact but IMO it's more of an off the field impact. I'm sorry but the Broncos defense, which played 4 quarters deserves more of the credit and the kicker who actually saved and then won the game.

Do you think if he doesn't improve that he'll sustain this level of success? Those 10 straight passes didn't get the team anywhere near the endzone. Prater had to pull a Janikowski to bail the team out. Look, I don't discount Tebow's impact but IMO it's more of an gyoff the field impact. I'm sorry but the Broncos defense, which played 4 quarters deserves more of the credit and the kicker who actually saved and then won the game.

When did Broncos turn into the 85 Bears. Tom Brady would have 2 less superbowl rings without Vinatieri's foot.

When did Broncos turn into the 85 Bears. Tom Brady would have 2 less superbowl rings without Vinatieri's foot.

I don't know, pitching a shutout for more than a half and only giving up 10 points is pretty '85-ish to me. Were you watching today's game?

The entire team plays differently when Tebow is their QB. It is so obvious that they pick themselves up and give 110% every play, because they know he will do the same.

Yes the defense played great today and Prater was clutch as can be, but is it a coincidence that these guys didn't play this way for Orton? I think not, Tebow screams leadership and the entire Broncos locker room is responding to that.

Tebow just "wills" his team to win, even if he can't will points onto the scoreboard (broken 18 points twice in eight games).

you'd think at some point some d coordinator would STOP going into the prevent defense against this guy.

how many weeks in a row does this guy have to suck for three quarters against nfl defenses and then get a bow-tied gift of the prevent-a-win-defense in the fourth?

make no mistake, i'm giddy he knocked off the bears today. just saying!

Chronic Husker is a cunning retard. He starts a thread dropping a mush on Tebow, watches the fireworks, and then laughs as Tebow rallies his Broncos to yet another win. He is a brilliant moron. Kudos.

:o

:huh:

:D

:wub:

Aaron Rodgers and

(nobody else)

TJ Yates

This Tebow thing is just ridiculous. I mean, he plays like garbage for most of the game (AGAIN) and can't hardly move the ball at all, then suddenly the whole team turns it around and wins the game last minute. I mean their kicker hit one REALLY HARD field goal to send it to OT and then another pretty difficult field goal to win it in OT. That doesn't even have anything to do with Tebow! How in the f0ck does this keep happening?

Also, it's really pissing me off. I went from Tebow hater (thought he sucked) to semi-Tebow believer (thought he might carve out a niche after all) back to full-blown Tebow hater (just can't believe he keeps winning despite sucking so hard).

:thumbsdown:

One thing is for sure.....and you NFL students might want to take note. These types of consecutive comebacks and 4th quarter/OT wins have never been witnessed in the NFL before. Never. It is not only uncanny and unbelievable... but also unprecedented. I am still in disbelief.

No, it is not all Tebow, but he is the one driving the train. His unique ability to lift those around him and create belief no matter how dismal things look......to actually make others substantially better.... is something we may never see again. It is a phenomenon. Quit fighting it and enjoy this rare event.

This is definitely the correct attitude to have. :thumbsup:

But unfortunately I am too weak to adopt it. :(

I can agree to an extent...its crazy to watch.

But the biggest Tebow fans have to admit how freaking fortunate he has been with some breaks.

The latest was Barber being a fool and running out of bounds...a 59 yard field goal to tie...and Barber then fumbling when the Bears were probably in FG range for Gould to win it.

Still amazing the guy continues to get it done in the 4th quarter...but, why are they down til then? What is it about the rest of the game that he is not elevating those around him to be good for the first 3 quarters?

Look at the facts:

World Ending in 2012 ;)

Tim Tebow performing miracles that are relevant to todays society, causing a global re-evaluation of people's faith. :shocking: People don't care about curing plagues or making blind people see, thats too small scale.

The question is:

Are you right with the Big Man upstairs? :pointstosky:

People can't handle things that don't fit inside their comfort zone. :mad:

This is why he is either hated or loved, it has nothing to do with football, just like religion is a polarizing medium around the world, it is proving to be polarizing around Tebow. :argue:

Non religious people are made uncomfortable by Tebow because in back of their mind they aren't too certain of their athiest position. Plus he was born of a woman who chose his life over hers and didn't abort him. A big no no for the liberals.

We all are only one bad disease or accident away from suddenly growing up and becoming religious. Athiests just haven't been there yet.

I don't know, pitching a shutout for more than a half and only giving up 10 points is pretty '85-ish to me. Were you watching today's game?

The were playing against Caleb Hanie - I'd say 10 points was average.

Non religious people are made uncomfortable by Tebow because in back of their mind they aren't too certain of their athiest position. Plus he was born of a woman who chose his life over hers and didn't abort him. A big no no for the liberals.

We all are only one bad disease or accident away from suddenly growing up and becoming religious. Athiests just haven't been there yet.

Hope you aren't serious...I'm an atheist (agnostic atheist), and I have absolutely no problem with Tebow's religion, or anyone's religious beliefs (barring rare exceptions). I just can't stand when people force their religion on other people, attempting to teach, convert, or look down on others because of their religion.

I could care less how expressive Tim (or anybody else) is with his respective religion. Just don't go on camera and tell the world that they should convert.

Hope you aren't serious...I'm an atheist (agnostic atheist), and I have absolutely no problem with Tebow's religion, or anyone's religious beliefs (barring rare exceptions). I just can't stand when people force their religion on other people, attempting to teach, convert, or look down on others because of their religion.

I could care less how expressive Tim (or anybody else) is with his respective religion. Just don't go on camera and tell the world that they should convert.

You should consider converting to a TV that has a remote control which can switch you to another channel.

HTH.

You should consider converting to a TV that has a remote control which can switch you to another channel.

HTH.

Maybe I didn't express my point well enough.

I have no problem with Tebow. I'm enjoying it actually. And I don't care one bit about his religious antics.

My point was this: I don't think people should have any problems with religion itself - we should all be accepting of other people's opinions and views. But when people tell me that what I believe in is wrong, simply because they disagree, then I have a problem.

From my experience, Tebow doesn't do that = I don't have a problem with what Tebow does.

Glad you value free speech in America

When has he asked anyone to convert? Is that any different from others like you telling him to shut up?

How old are you.... not asking in sarcastic way just curious. I am 40

When has he asked anyone to convert? Is that any different from others like you telling him to shut up?

How old are you.... not asking in sarcastic way just curious. I am 40-ish

I am curious as to when teams will stop playing a prevent defense against him in late game situations though. You would think one of them may have learned in the past two months.

I am curious as to when teams will stop playing a prevent defense against him in late game situations though. You would think one of them may have learned in the past two months.

Same can be said for every defense vs. Any QB

You new to watching NFL......geez,

yes, tebow has singlehandedly made me reevaluate my stance on the great spaghetti in the sky! Not sure if you're trolling here or what, but this is pretty dumb. Then again, if you're dumb enough to believe some piece of spaghetti in the sky is commanding your entire life, you'd be dumb enough to believe anything...good luck with that...

Same can be said for every defense vs. Any QB

You new to watching NFL......geez,

No, some of us just notice minor details, like the guy being shut down week after week until teams drop into a different scheme than they had used all game. You would think eventually someone would realize that if you stick with what has worked for 56 minutes, he probably won't do much better in the last 4. As for Denver's success, if you were going to name a most valuable player, I'm going with Von Miller. The guy is a beast who is the real reason why the Denver defense has been so impressive over the past two months (not because a QB on the sidelines is giving them a super morale boost after his offense just punted for the fifth time).

How old are you.... not asking in sarcastic way just curious. I am 40

Jeez I'm being mis-interpreted.

My point is that Tebow HASN'T asked anyone to convert. I have no problem with his religious antics. I don't. I respect his, and everyone else's, commitment to his religion.

I was just bringing up a related topic about religion in general. I have friends, and have met people, that will tell me I am flat-out wrong for having my religious beliefs just because they don't align with other people's opinions. That's when I have a problem with religion.

So once again - I have zero problem with Tim Tebow and his religious antics - need I say it a 3rd or 4th time now?

I can agree to an extent...its crazy to watch.

But the biggest Tebow fans have to admit how freaking fortunate he has been with some breaks.

The latest was Barber being a fool and running out of bounds...a 59 yard field goal to tie...and Barber then fumbling when the Bears were probably in FG range for Gould to win it.

Still amazing the guy continues to get it done in the 4th quarter...but, why are they down til then? What is it about the rest of the game that he is not elevating those around him to be good for the first 3 quarters?

Chicago gave the game away like every other team who played prevent against a guy who can't throw. It's maddening to watch these high paid coaches make the same mistakes over and over. Itsatip that the nickle doesn't work against the option. Stick to your base package and keep your assignments. There is absolutely no need to bring the extra DB over top.

That said, I was really pulling for Tebow time yesterday. It got Detroit back up into the wild card spot and I really want Riceman to choke on his words!

i've officially bought into Tebow THIS year.

He showed his true colors...and that is winning games. until teams figure out how to stop him he's an unconventional but highly effective QB in this league.

I was just bringing up a related topic about religion in general. I have friends, and have met people, that will tell me I am flat-out wrong for having my religious beliefs just because they don't align with other people's opinions. That's when I have a problem with religion.

So once again - I have zero problem with Tim Tebow and his religious antics - need I say it a 3rd or 4th time now?

I think it's just a misunderstanding. To be a religious person, a Christian for example, you are expected to convert unbelievers. To keep your faith to yourself is a sin. So, if you are open minded about religious people, you have to expect them to proselytize and try to convert you. That's what they do and who they are.

:dunno:

i've officially bought into Tebow THIS year.

He showed his true colors...and that is winning games. until teams figure out how to stop him he's an unconventional but highly effective QB in this league.

You cant stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

This dude has been carried by his defense the whole time. He is not an NFL QB.

And you sir are a moron. But we need morons in fantasy leagues so carry on.

The sad thing is, I have been reading through sites and listening to sports radio today and have yet to hear anyone give proper respect, or any respect, to Matt Prater. I haven't really cared about the whole Tebow debate until yesterdays game. Now players that deserve recognition are being completely overshadowed by this circus. It's not Tebows fault, but now I am sort of hoping for a 3 game skid so the media will move on. I think the unnecessary media attention is leading to a lot of the hate, and is starting to turn me against Tebow when I really was indifferent to the whole thing.

Since you're beating your evangelical drum, what does the good lord think of forcing your cack down a woman's throat without consent,? Just curious... :P

Back on topic, Tebow is awesome. Even a hell-bound atheist like me can appreciate the passion he has for the game and the hard work he puts in. Keep doubting the kid, keep tearing him down. Tim Tebow uses it as fuel for his next come-from-behind win.

The sad thing is, I have been reading through sites and listening to sports radio today and have yet to hear anyone give proper respect, or any respect, to Matt Prater. I haven't really cared about the whole Tebow debate until yesterdays game. Now players that deserve recognition are being completely overshadowed by this circus. It's not Tebows fault, but now I am sort of hoping for a 3 game skid so the media will move on. I think the unnecessary media attention is leading to a lot of the hate, and is starting to turn me against Tebow when I really was indifferent to the whole thing.

the media attention is far from unnecessary. What this team has done, in terms of come back week after week for as many weeks, has NEVER been done in the history of the league. NEVER. That aspect of the story absolutely deserves the attention, and smack dab in the middle of it all is Tebow, so ofcourse he'll get a majority of the attention. I do agree, however, that the D and McGhaee and now Prater are being overshadowed by Tebow, because the media has such a love/hate relationship with him...

he has been very good about letting everyone know that he is undeserving of the attention and that those who are making him look good deserve the credit for the accomplishments of the team. last night's interview was more candid and less scripted than the previous weeks. he knows that he is riding a team wave.