Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Reasons Obama is a shoe-in for re-election

23 straight months of job growth.

I still am questioning this statistic... Every chart I have been seeing starts positives October 2010, which isn't 23 months...

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4f07154769bedd0957000015/chart-of-the-day-unemployment-rate-vs-job-growth-jan-6-2012.jpg

I asked where he got the numbers and he didn't provide a link, just stated to look at the "jobs report"...

This.

We have had many pro-life POTUS since Roe. None have tried to change it, even when they had control of both houses of Congress. Rubiejr has fallen for some Media Matters talking points on Santorum and thinks he wants to ban contraceptives. :rolleyes:

Libs try to divert attention to irrelevant social issues to scare the mentally challenged base because they can't run on their economic record.

I don't know anything about what assfroth said vis a vis contraception, but I would venture to guess that he criicized the "penumbra" rationale from Griswold v. Connecticut, which is the case where the SCOTUS overturned a state ban on contraception, citing a right to privacy created by the "penumbras" cast by the first, fourth, and ninth ammendments.

I imagine, if he did, that he attacked this decision for two reasons...

1. It is, while a good result IMHO, a horrible line of legal reasoning. The right to privacy, while it should exist in the Constitution, simply doesn't.

2. This right, created by the courts, was the one that was later extended in Roe to cover abortion.

The contraceptive case is the one they are talking about when they bash activist judges legislating from the bench. Do they really want to ban contraceptives? Surely not. But that line of reasoning created the right to abortion. It also was used in the Texas case striking down sodomy laws. And it will soon be used, along with 14th amendment equal protection rationale, I think, to say gays have the right to marry.*

Now what SHOULD happen is that Congress should pass a focking amendment that creates a right to privacy over our bodies. Of course, they won't as they would all get tossed out on their asses, and their jobs are more important to them than our rights. Thus judges had to do it.

*(As an aside, I think Republican politicians really want SCOTUS to mandate gay marriage. I think it would give them another Supreme Court case to rail against and fire up the knuckle draggers for another 30 years, and is something they will never have to actually do anything about.)

I still am questioning this statistic... Every chart I have been seeing starts positives October 2010, which isn't 23 months...

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4f07154769bedd0957000015/chart-of-the-day-unemployment-rate-vs-job-growth-jan-6-2012.jpg

I asked where he got the numbers and he didn't provide a link, just stated to look at the "jobs report"...

Newbie threw out a bunch of BS statements about the economy as one of his lame-ass fishing expeditions. Trying to get him to back them up is as futile as debating them with him in the first place.

Wait, what? Are you saying you made claims about his stance on those issues and don't know his stance on those issues?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya. :lol:

I love how you dance and tiptoe around answering questions that don't fir your agenda. I back you in a corner constantly and then you dance away. It's hilarious!! :lol:

no - the obvious answer is to always point back to Reagan and say you're following his playbook.

cherry-pick the 3 or 4 Reagan-like things

and then complain that detractors are cherry-picking the Bush-like things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVqZzHm3Z4

I don't know anything about what assfroth said vis a vis contraception,

He said it was a State's rights issue. Said states have the right to pass "dumb" laws. He also is on record voting for bills that contain contraception.

But, if the left throws out "Santorum wants to ban contraception" puddin' heads like Newbie buy into it. The lefty base is easily fooled.

I love how you dance and tiptoe around answering questions that don't fir your agenda. I back you in a corner constantly and then you dance away. It's hilarious!! :lol:

Why should I answer questions you should know the answer to since you made claims about them? If you don't know what you are talking about, don't expect me to bail you out. Only one here backed into a corner is you. :lol:

He said it was a State's rights issue. Said states have the right to pass "dumb" laws. He also is on record voting for bills that contain contraception.

But, if the left throws out "Santorum wants to ban contraception" puddin' heads like Newbie buy into it. The lefty base is easily fooled.

Yeah, unlike that razor sharp righty base. Just yeall "Guns good, Gays bad" and you're halfway home. :rolleyes:

Obamameister will have trouble winning more than 3 or 4 states, regardless of his opponent. The chickens will come home to roost.

He said it was a State's rights issue. Said states have the right to pass "dumb" laws.

Yeah, he's a big fan of state's rights when it comes to something like limiting contraception, but then when it comes to something like gay marriage, he's for a Constitutional Amendment that wouldn't allow states to decide for themselves.

23 straight months of job growth. I can't even remember how many quarters of GDP growth. GM all time record profits. GM number one again. GM and Ford to add over 100k jobs this year. Over 50k manufacturing jobs repatriated in the last 18 months. Consumer confidence rebounding. Least number of delinquent mortgages in 3 years. Housing starts up for the first time since 2008.

There may be more.

*Obamafacts courtesy of NCCommish

This is like my wife showing off her shoe collection. Yes, it's impressive honey. But what you fail to mention is that the credit card you used to buy all those shoes is now maxed out, the family is in debt up to its eyeballs, we may lose the house, and the collection agency is calling night and day.

But congrats babe, you'll be the best dressed girl in the trailer park.

no - the obvious answer is to always point back to Reagan and say you're following his playbook.

cherry-pick the 3 or 4 Reagan-like things

and then complain that detractors are cherry-picking the Bush-like things.

The only problem is that Reagan is a pure communist unionista class-envy pinko hom0 compared to anything going on in today's GOP... :doh:

Hell, he's Mao compared to CorporateObummer....

I'm talking Real Obummer... not Corky Pilot/Drobeski Tea Party email chain mooslimkenyan Obummer....

Gas prices this summer will be the final nail in his coffin. $4.50 at the pump will be his end........that and all the other rosey (rose colored glasses) economic news. Unemployment has not improved it has gotten worse. Those who freeload too long are removed. The pool of the unemployed has only gotten smaller since they can't count those who are no longer included in the pool. Smoke an mirrors, with a very willing flock of sheep. That flock includes many bought and payed for groups and the network media.

So VERY This ! :pointstosky:

The only problem is that Reagan is a pure communist unionista class-envy pinko hom0 compared to anything going on in today's GOP... :doh:

Hell, he's Mao compared to CorporateObummer....

I'm talking Real Obummer... not Corky Pilot/Drobeski Tea Party email chain mooslimkenyan Obummer....

Stick to dancing in the rotunda, Duncehat. :thumbsup:

This is like my wife showing off her shoe collection. Yes, it's impressive honey. But what you fail to mention is that the credit card you used to buy all those shoes is now maxed out, the family is in debt up to its eyeballs, we may lose the house, and the collection agency is calling night and day.

But congrats babe, you'll be the best dressed girl in the trailer park.

I enjoyed this post very much. Thank you.

:thumbsup:

Why should I answer questions you should know the answer to since you made claims about them? If you don't know what you are talking about, don't expect me to bail you out. Only one here backed into a corner is you. :lol:

Don't worry, if you had a chance to prove me wrong, you'd have already done it. You know damn well what his stances are on those issues. Santorum is a dangerous man. WAY too much government.

I'm a person that firmly believes that everyone should vote. It's a duty. With that said if Rick Santorum wins the nomination and I have to choose between him and Obama, I don't know what I'd do. Rock Paper Scissors? Flip a coin? Closest number contest?

Is it possible to vote NO for both and write in: I HATE ALL OF YOU in the comments box?

There are carnies. Then there are rubes.

So, the ole abortion issue gets trotted out around election time. And the one issue votes are clapping and cheering while the politician pulls the rabbit out of his hat. One day after the election, the issue is dropped. Has anyone, I mean anyone, in the past 50 years every gotten anything done regarding abortion? Can't think of one? Because it's a complete red herring. Nothing will ever get done by a politician on this issue. Stop wasting everybody's time with it.

Now, why has this stupid thread devolved into taking away rights without mentioning Obama being staunch anti gay marriage, limiting gun rights, removing the right to trial in a court of law for US citizens, seizing private industries, and censorship? All of you can go fock your mothers and kill yourselves.

I'm a person that firmly believes that everyone should vote. It's a duty. With that said if Rick Santorum wins the nomination and I have to choose between him and Obama, I don't know what I'd do. Rock Paper Scissors? Flip a coin? Closest number contest?

Is it possible to vote NO for both and write in: I HATE ALL OF YOU in the comments box?

Masturbation bingo. Go in the booth, rub one out, and see where it lands. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, if you had a chance to prove me wrong, you'd have already done it. You know damn well what his stances are on those issues. Santorum is a dangerous man. WAY too much government.

In the other thread where you rubes were whining about him wanting to ban contraception I brought a link showing what numbskulls you were. No need to do it again, nor is there any need for me to research your idiotic claims. You can't back them up any more than you can the contraception claim, so I'll just let you look like an idiot, as usual.

Gotta love you you make claims you can't back up, then :cry: because someone else won't do it for you. :lol:

In the other thread where you rubes were whining about him wanting to ban contraception I brought a link showing what numbskulls you were. No need to do it again, nor is there any need for me to research your idiotic claims. You can't back them up any more than you can the contraception claim, so I'll just let you look like an idiot, as usual.

Gotta love you you make claims you can't back up, then :cry: because someone else won't do it for you. :lol:

I saw both sides of the contraception issue. Not 100% sure where he stands on that one. I think he's back-pedaling a little.

Why do you keep bringing up only that one? Tell me about his views on gay marriage and abortion. I'll wait.

There are carnies. Then there are rubes.

So, the ole abortion issue gets trotted out around election time. And the one issue votes are clapping and cheering while the politician pulls the rabbit out of his hat. One day after the election, the issue is dropped. Has anyone, I mean anyone, in the past 50 years every gotten anything done regarding abortion? Can't think of one? Because it's a complete red herring. Nothing will ever get done by a politician on this issue. Stop wasting everybody's time with it.

Now, why has this stupid thread devolved into taking away rights without mentioning Obama being staunch anti gay marriage, limiting gun rights, removing the right to trial in a court of law for US citizens, seizing private industries, and censorship? All of you can go fock your mothers and kill yourselves.

Clinton vetoed a bill to ban all abortions after 24 weeks unless the mother's life was in danger.

George W. passed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003.

To name two recent presidents. :dunno:

I saw both sides of the contraception issue. Not 100% sure where he stands on that one. I think he's back-pedaling a little.

Why do you keep bringing up only that one? Tell me about his views on gay marriage and abortion. I'll wait.

Yea. I can't figure that out either. He says on the one hand, he wouldn't vote to ban it, but he believes contraception is dangerous to women and bad for society, and he doesn't agree with the SCOTUS that there is a Constitutional right to privacy.

Who the fock knows what he really thinks on this issue.

However, on some of the other issues, he is transparently clear as to his thoughts and the role of the government.

Yea. I can't figure that out either. He says on the one hand, he wouldn't vote to ban it, but he believes contraception is dangerous to women and bad for society, and he doesn't agree with the SCOTUS that there is a Constitutional right to privacy.

However, on some of the other issues, he is transparently clear as to his thoughts and the role of the government.

Maybe he means that A. His personal belief is one thing but B. He wouldn't impose said personal belief system in governemnt.

:dunno:

Maybe he means that A. His personal belief is one thing but B. He wouldn't impose said personal belief system in governemnt.

He also said that he doesn't think we have a constitutional right to privacy and the SCOTUS was wrong.

And he doesn't seem to have an issue imposing any of his other personal beliefs in government. :dunno:

My link from the other thread had a video of him saying exactly that.

Doesn't keep lemmings like Rubiejr from ignoring that and continuing to :cry: that he wants to ban contraception. It's funny and sad at the same time.

My link from the other thread had a video of him saying exactly that.

Doesn't keep lemmings like Rubiejr from ignoring that and continuing to :cry: that he wants to ban contraception. It's funny and sad at the same time.

What are his views on gay marriage and abortion?

Santorum compares same-sex relationships to pedophilia and bestiality and he believes adultery and sodomy should be illegal. I don't think it's much of a stretch to wonder whether he believes contraception should be outlawed? Somebody should ask him, but that would be a biased lamestream media thing to do and the ultimate "gotcha" question. I hate it when people ask my opinions too.

What are his views on gay marriage and abortion?

Look, I'm not a Santorum supporter, thus I don't follow him all that closely to be honest. But it is possible, even probable that a person can have personal veiws on a given issue, but also think that it should be decided by the proper channels (i.e. like a states rights issue).

For example I'm personally against abortion. As in I always knew that when I was single that if I ever knocked up some broad that I would want her to keep the baby. That I would tell her that was my wish. With that said I have no problem with my State being Pro Choice. I just know what my choice would be. :dunno:

Look, I'm not a Santorum supporter, thus I don't follow him all that closely to be honest. But it is possible, even probable that a person can have personal veiws on a given issue, but also think that it should be decided by the proper channels (i.e. like a states rights issue).

For example I'm personally against abortion. As in I always knew that when I was single that if I ever knocked up some broad that I would want her to keep the baby. That I would tell her that was my wish. With that said I have no problem with my State being Pro Choice. I just know what my choice would be. :dunno:

I agree 100% with you on that.

But it is possible, even probable that a person can have personal veiws on a given issue, but also think that it should be decided by the proper channels (i.e. like a states rights issue).

it is.

but when do those personal views become so outlandish that a person really couldn't be considered as a candidate for public office, nevermind the leader of the free world?

I'm not saying Santorum is or isn't - just making the point that such a situation could exist - maybe Santorum's in the grey area? maybe his is outlandish -

What if a Rick Perry type had a personal view that slavery is OK but he realizes that the proper channels must really be used to decide if it's legal?

I agree 100% with you on that.

Its possible that politicians can do that too. It's a tough thing though moreso for a religious person as they have to have the ability to stay true to themselves and their belief system while also understanding that it is their belief systema and doesn't necessarily need to be the rule of gov't rather the proper channels should decide what the rules are. I don't know if Santorum is like that or not but it possible.

I mean lest take your boy Obama. He goes to church. He talks about faith and we see pics of him and the family going to church. I'm not sure about his church, but I think its safe to say his pastor preaches against abortion.

So is Obama a hypocrite for being pro-choice? Or is he just seperating his church from his gov't?

Gas prices this summer will be the final nail in his coffin. $4.50 at the pump will be his end........that and all the other rosey (rose colored glasses) economic news. Unemployment has not improved it has gotten worse. Those who freeload too long are removed. The pool of the unemployed has only gotten smaller since they can't count those who are no longer included in the pool. Smoke an mirrors, with a very willing flock of sheep. That flock includes many bought and payed for groups and the network media.

The one thing we do know for sure. IF he does not win, there WILL be rioting in the streets. If he does win, there will be a horrible news for him AGAIN in his mid term elections.

I disagree. I actually expect Obama to be reelected, and I expect the Dems to win seats in the house and the senate. In 2010, people wanted to show Obama that they weren't happy with what he was doing, but having now seen the alternative of the tea party, I think people will choose the lesser evil in the dems. Hence, the Scott Walker recall. There are always states that will be Republican and states that will always be Democrats, but I think the swing states will go mostly dems. IMHO.

it is.

but when do those personal views become so outlandish that a person really couldn't be considered as a candidate for public office, nevermind the leader of the free world?

I'm not saying Santorum is or isn't - just making the point that such a situation could exist - maybe Santorum's in the grey area? maybe his is outlandish -

What if a Rick Perry type had a personal view that slavery is OK but he realizes that the proper channels must really be used to decide if it's legal?

Since we are getting into hypotheticals.........What if Obama decided he could kill an American citizen without charges, a trial, or a conviction? Would that be outlandish? Oh wait, that isn't hypothetical.

But Rubiejr is losing sleep cuz someone told him Santorum wants to ban contraceptives.

Since we are getting into hypotheticals..........

that's not hypothetical - Santorum puts consentual gay relationships on par with child molestation and bestiality, that's pretty outlandish.

there's plenty that's not hypothetical about Obama's personal beliefs - that's why the Rev. Wright stuff had so much legs, it was outlandish.

so I stand by my reply to KSB that it's OK to recognize that your personal beliefs may not be enforcable or right or legal for everyone but that those personal beliefs still matter and may make you unelectable.

Its possible that politicians can do that too. It's a tough thing though moreso for a religious person as they have to have the ability to stay true to themselves and their belief system while also understanding that it is their belief systema and doesn't necessarily need to be the rule of gov't rather the proper channels should decide what the rules are. I don't know if Santorum is like that or not but it possible.

I mean lest take your boy Obama. He goes to church. He talks about faith and we see pics of him and the family going to church. I'm not sure about his church, but I think its safe to say his pastor preaches against abortion.

So is Obama a hypocrite for being pro-choice? Or is he just seperating his church from his gov't?

Completely agree...with that said though, if Santorum somehow pulls off a miracle and makes it to the oval office, the people who put him there EXPECT him to do something about this. Is it possible that he keeps his beliefs separate from the gov't, yes, but his base are going to be very upset with him if he does.