Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Chris Christie to Warren Buffett...

Just Shut Up.. Love this dude, says what other politically correct pu$$ies just won't say.

My link

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Outspoken New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had some rather harsh words for billionaire investor Warren Buffett on Tuesday.

During a discussion with CNN's Piers Morgan about tax rates, Christie made it known that he's just about had it with Buffett, the world-famous investor who lent his name to a proposed tax hike on the rich. "He should just write a check and shut up," Christie said. "I'm tired of hearing about it. If he wants to give the government more money, he's got the ability to write a check -- go ahead and write it."

Earlier in the interview, responding to a question on class warfare in the political system, Christie, who has developed a reputation for not mincing words, said he didn't want to discuss Buffett. "I'm so tired of talking about Warren Buffett," Christie said. "What are you going to bring up next, his secretary?"

First proposed by President Obama last year, the so-called "Buffett Rule" is intended to ensure that people making more than $1 million a year pay a higher share of their income in taxes than middle-class households.

To drive home the point, Buffett's secretary attended the State of the Union address in January. She pays a higher effective tax rate than her billionaire boss. "Middle-class families shouldn't pay higher taxes than millionaires and billionaires. That's pretty straightforward," Obama said in September. But the administration, in putting forth Obama's budget last week, made clear that they are not pushing to implement the Buffett Rule now. Rather, it's a guiding principle for when -- if -- Congress takes up tax reform.

Christie, one of Mitt Romney's most popular and visible surrogates, is frequently mentioned as a possible 2012 running mate for the Republican party's eventual nominee.

-- Piers Morgan's interview with Chris Christie will air at 9 p.m. ET and 12 a.m. ET.

No shiot, Obama isn't pushing it now. Let it simmer until November, make it an election issue, watch both sides draw their lines in the sand, and see what the voters think.

Just Shut Up.. Love this dude, says what other politically correct pu$$ies just won't say.

My link

:thumbsup:

Too bad he doesn't physically look "presidential". <_<

My link

Yep, even if it makes him look like an idiot..kudos!

More of a loud mouthed hypocrite who preys on the feeble minded ...you're talking about buffet right ?

Yeah, how dare Buffet exercise free speech :rolleyes:

Free speech..

:rolleyes:

If he wants to pay more then stfu and pay more...

Free speech..

If he wants to pay more then stfu and pay more...

Yeah, because he hasn't earned the right to speak his mind ... unlike the Donald :rolleyes:

Yeah, because he hasn't earned the right to speak his mind ... unlike the Donald :rolleyes:

He is complaining that he isn't paying enough. There is a way to take care of that.

:dunno:

says what other politically correct pu$$ies just won't say.

kiss those presidential dreams goodbye! :cheers:

So, we have an elected official telling a taxpayer that they should STFU because they are done listening to thoughts about issues. Sure seems like that is what got us into this situation in the first place. :dunno:

Taft

Cleveland

McKinley

Taylor

T Roosevelt

Clinton

How can someone who's so in love with buffets hate Buffett so much?

He's not fat...He's just big boned. :cry:

kiss those presidential dreams goodbye! :cheers:

Yes because its libtards like you who decide those things. That worked out good for you guys in 2010.

Did you even bother to watch the video, or are you just spewing your liberal ignorance? :dunno:

Forget "presidential," he barely looks human. :shocking:

My link

Ditto, Christie Rocks......it's too bad he's BIG and not running

* i guess if he were running he wouldn't be so BIG :dunno:

The Obama administrtion using the "Buffet Rule" and bringing his freaking seceratary to the State of the Union in a dog and pony show is no different than the Republican's talking on and on about Joe the Plumber. Both are using citizens for their own personal gain.

As a lawyer you should know that free speech doesn't negate another person from calling your 'speech' bullshit. Free Speech is the right to not have your speech muted by the government, it doesn't mean somebody can't themselves exercise their free speech and call you an idiot.

Buffet can set up how his corporation pays him several different ways. The fact he does it in a way that he pays the lowest tax rate possible, and the cries that he doesn't pay enough, makes him a hypocritical asshat.

Good on Christie for calling him out.

So, we have an elected official telling a taxpayer that they should STFU because they are done listening to thoughts about issues. Sure seems like that is what got us into this situation in the first place. :dunno:

What's the issue? That the rich aren't paying enough? That's really not an issue. Actually, I think Christie addressed the issues at hand in the video; put more money in the hands of people who'll actually spend that money....which will stimulate economic growth (issue#1) and keep the money from bureaucrats (limit government spending, issue#2).

What good is taxing the rich their fair share when the government continues to spend the way it has?

I like Chris Christie....too bad his weight will be the focus for a lot of people.

My dad is a moderate Democrat who lives in New Jersey and he mostly likes Chris Christie and appreciates his willingness to take the bullet on some unpopular but necessary stances, like reducing benefits for teacher unions and actually reigning in spending instead of just talking about it. The thing my dad doesn't like about Christie and it's something that I don't like either, is that the guy is addicted to drama. We get it, you don't think raising taxes on the rich is a good idea, that's a valid point ... do you need to go that extra step and tell private citizens to shut up? Apparently if your name is Chris Christie you do.

He sort of reminds me of when Charles Barkley was on TNT. At first, Sir Charles' frankness was refreshing. Then it seemed like he just said "controversial" things because that was his schtick. I think Christie is walking a similar fine line between being refreshingly frank and just being a clown.

My dad is a moderate Democrat who lives in New Jersey and he mostly likes Chris Christie and appreciates his willingness to take the bullet on some unpopular but necessary stances, like reducing benefits for teacher unions and actually reigning in spending instead of just talking about it. The thing my dad doesn't like about Christie and it's something that I don't like either, is that the guy is addicted to drama. We get it, you don't think raising taxes on the rich is a good idea, that's a valid point ... do you need to go that extra step and tell private citizens to shut up? Apparently if your name is Chris Christie you do.

He sort of reminds me of when Charles Barkley was on TNT. At first, Sir Charles' frankness was refreshing. Then it seemed like he just said "controversial" things because that was his schtick. I think Christie is walking a similar fine line between being refreshingly frank and just being a clown.

:start libtard voice:

He also needs nutrisystem like Barkley

:end libtard voice:

:start libtard voice:

He also needs nutrisystem like Barkley

:end libtard voice:

Only libtards make fun of personal appearances. Except when Repubtards are comparing the Obummers to monkeys and talking about Michelle's big arse. Then it's okay. :doh:

Love them or hate them the world needs more straight shooters like Barkely and Christie and less 'wolves in sheeps clothing' talking out both sides of their moufs people like the Romneys and Obama's of the world.

Love them or hate them the world needs more straight shooters like Barkely and Christie and less 'wolves in sheeps clothing' talking out both sides of their moufs people like the Romneys and Obama's of the world.

I think the world also needs more statesmen and less carny barkers. Unfortunately we're at a point where a guy like Huntsman can barely get a soap box but a circus freak like Santorum is actually in the running for the GOP ticket. Pretty soon it will be like Idiocracy and our president will be a professional wrestler.

Christie is plenty smart enough to know that Buffett wasn't just advocating that he himself pay more taxes, he was advocating for policy change, and him writing a check would do nothing to help advance that policy change. Seeing him engage in these types of Rush-esque "He should just write a check to the governement" arguments makes me lose some respect for one of the the few politicians I've seen recently that I actually felt I could have any respect for.

Buffet can set up how his corporation pays him several different ways. The fact he does it in a way that he pays the lowest tax rate possible, and the cries that he doesn't pay enough, makes him a hypocritical asshat.

Good on Christie for calling him out.

Buffet has never paid a dividend on Berkshire Hathaway. Instead, he distributes cash back to investors through stock buybacks, which has the identical effect except:

1. Gains (if liquidated) are treated as capital gains vs. dividends, and

2. Those capital gains can be offset by losses in your portfolio, further reducing your tax burden.

A great read on it can be found here: Berkshire's clever tax free dividend

If dividends get taxed higher as he proposes, he has a direct competitive advantage. Well, for a short time. You see, other companies will jump on the buyback bandwagon if the dividend tax rate is increased. This is an excellent example of what I often say here: if the government puts in policies to increase taxes, smarter and more motivated people in the private sector will figure out how to avoid them.

Christie is plenty smart enough to know that Buffett wasn't just advocating that he himself pay more taxes, he was advocating for policy change, and him writing a check would do nothing to help advance that policy change. Seeing him engage in these types of Rush-esque "He should just write a check to the governement" arguments makes me lose some respect for one of the the few politicians I've seen recently that I actually felt I could have any respect for.

I think the part you are ignoring is that it hasn't been simply Warren Buffet in one interview giving his opinion. It seems everytime a microphone is put in Buffets face he keeps on and on about it. We have a freaking "Buffet Rule". His seceratary was at the State of the Union. Then Buffet keeps on and on about it.

It seems Christie is simply saying "We get your stance already Mr. Multi Billionaire" Sheesh.

I agree that Christie prolly could have said it much better and left the "Just shup up already!@#!" comment out though. It isn't very 'statesmenlike' (even if true). Leave that for the talking heads.

What's the issue? That the rich aren't paying enough? That's really not an issue. Actually, I think Christie addressed the issues at hand in the video; put more money in the hands of people who'll actually spend that money....which will stimulate economic growth (issue#1) and keep the money from bureaucrats (limit government spending, issue#2).

What good is taxing the rich their fair share when the government continues to spend the way it has?

I like Chris Christie....too bad his weight will be the focus for a lot of people.

Umm, the issue is that we have a tax revenue problem (along with the unmentioned HUGE spending problem). I think that you may have seen something about this the papers, but the US Government spends more than it brings in. One side of the equation, which I think you may have seen this in the papers too, is that many believe that there are inequities in how we tax citizens and corporations.

Buffet has raised the discussion by giving examples that affect him, in his favor. Christie's approach of "write the check and shut up" is classic politician-speak. It has nothing about actually listening to the other side and attempting to acheive compromise and is more focused on putting the other person down. As I stated, this is one of the (many) things wrong with politics today.

If Christie actually felt that the tax issue was secondary to a larger spending issue, then why did he not say that? His arrogant and flippant response of telling a tax paying citizen to shut-up is symptomatic of elected officials who have no ability to listen.

I think the part you are ignoring is that it hasn't been simply Warren Buffet in one interview giving his opinion. It seems everytime a microphone is put in Buffets face he keeps on and on about it. We have a freaking "Buffet Rule". His seceratary was at the State of the Union. Then Buffet keeps on and on about it.

It seems Christie is simply saying "We get your stance already Mr. Multi Billionaire" Sheesh.

I agree that Christie prolly could have said it much better and left the "Just shup up already!@#!" comment out though. It isn't very 'statesmenlike' (even if true). Leave that for the talking heads.

I'm not ignoring anything. As I said, Buffett has advocated a policy change. And yes, he's done it repeatedly. He does have that right. If Christie disagrees with that policy change he should simply state why, and leave the dumb-ass "Well he should just write a check!" comments to the Hannitys and Limbaughs of the world.

If Christie actually felt that the tax issue was secondary to a larger spending issue, then why did he not say that? His arrogant and flippant response of telling a tax paying citizen to shut-up is symptomatic of elected officials who have no ability to listen.

He has said that. Repeatedly.

He told Buffet to "Shut up" Once.

Umm, the issue is that we have a tax revenue problem (along with the unmentioned HUGE spending problem). I think that you may have seen something about this the papers, but the US Government spends more than it brings in. One side of the equation, which I think you may have seen this in the papers too, is that many believe that there are inequities in how we tax citizens and corporations.

Buffet has raised the discussion by giving examples that affect him, in his favor. Christie's approach of "write the check and shut up" is classic politician-speak. It has nothing about actually listening to the other side and attempting to acheive compromise and is more focused on putting the other person down. As I stated, this is one of the (many) things wrong with politics today.

I'm not ignoring anything. As I said, Buffett has advocated a policy change. And yes, he's done it repeatedly. He does have that right. If Christie disagrees with that policy change he should simply state why, and leave the dumb-ass "Well he should just write a check!" comments to the Hannitys and Limbaughs of the world.

Exactly. How dare Christie exercise his right to free speech when addressing Buffet exercising his right to free speech.

Exactly. How dare Christie exercise his right to free speech when addressing Buffet exercising his right to free speech.

Christie can exercise his right to free speech all he wants. And we can call him a fat, no-class clown with a red nose and rainbow wig. See how that works?

Yeah I clearly implied Christie shouldn't exercise his free speech when I said he should state why he disagrees with Buffett.

I'm all for Christie exercising his free speech in regards to Buffett's comments. I would just hope he would do it in a manner more productive and reflective of a guy of his obvious intellect and position, instead of sounding like you.