Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Can't understand how Manning - SF isn't a LOCK

Does Frisco not want to win a title? Great D , decent not great WR's and a Great TE Manning makes decent WR;s into stars. Solid O line -- everything is there and a chance to get a real QB to learn from Manning a few years. Is Harbaugh that jaded against Manning? Makes no sense -- Manning - SF = superbowl

right now I cant see any team other than Ten or Miami if they get Wallace

Arizona is great but the oline is awful

The Niners are Harbaugh's team. His ego cannot coexist with Manning.

That said, you never know until it's over. San Francisco has not exactly rushed to re-sign Alex Smith, right? And they aren't hardly going to start Kaepernick from day one next year, right? So they must have some plan.

The 49ers aren't in a position where they need to gamble on Manning.

No one really knows what Manning is capable of at this point. If they sign him and he can't go messes with the whole momentum again.

Peyton won't go to NFC , he already said he does t want to be in position to stop Eli from going to SB.

It's AFC for Peyton. .. Tennessee makes most sense imo

Peyton won't go to NFC , he already said he does t want to be in position to stop Eli from going to SB.

Screw that. Peyton is behind in rings two to one to his kid brother. Time is ticking down on his career. If I were Peyton, I'd be willing to stab Eli in the spine, run his body over with a car, and then sign with the NY Giants.

Screw that. Peyton is behind in rings two to one to his kid brother. Time is ticking down on his career. If I were Peyton, I'd be willing to stab Eli in the spine, run his body over with a car, and then sign with the NY Giants.

Greetings from the City of Brotherly Love.

They should at least show interest in Manning, if noting else just to get Smith to come to his senses and sign the contract they have on the table for him. Make the dude realize he's ALEX FOCKING SMITH!!!

They should at least show interest in Manning, if noting else just to get Smith to come to his senses and sign the contract they have on the table for him. Make the dude realize he's ALEX FOCKING SMITH!!!

Smith signed a one year deal last year, played well (with perhaps the sh!ttiest cast of WR's west of Jacksonville) and got them to the NFC championship game.

I'd want more committment too.

Smith signed a one year deal last year, played well (with perhaps the sh!ttiest cast of WR's west of Jacksonville) and got them to the NFC championship game.

That's one year. Frisco is playing this cool, I'd like to see them leverage him more.

He's lucky the Niners gave him another shot last year.

That's one year. Frisco is playing this cool, I'd like to see them leverage him more.

He's lucky the Niners gave him another shot last year.

They should take a page from the Jets.

Have semi interest in manning, fail huge, then throw a bunch of money in air.

They should take a page from the Jets.

Have semi interest in manning, fail huge, then throw a bunch of money in air.

Isn't Sanchez's deal pretty incentive laden and easy to get out of? I remember I was going to bash it, but after getting the details I held off. He's still pretty young...I think he's pretty much hit his ceiling, but you never know.

Isn't Sanchez's deal pretty incentive laden and easy to get out of? I remember I was going to bash it, but after getting the details I held off. He's still pretty young...I think he's pretty much hit his ceiling, but you never know.

i still need to see him work with a better OC before making my final judgements on him. he looks really good sometimes and boneheaded other times. but Schotty sucked donkey nuts.

anyway to the original question, Peyton didn't want to play with Brandon Marshall why would he want Randy Moss?

Then again he does kind of stink. Got a few good games under his belt sure. He is one of the worst starters in the league.

Then again he does kind of stink. Got a few good games under his belt sure. He is one of the worst starters in the league.

I'd say he's better than...

Any of the stiffs the Dolphins started

Any of the stiffs the Vikes started

Any of the stiffs the Skins

Any of the stiffs the Colts

Any of the stiffs the Seahawks started

Any of the stiffs the Cards started

Any of the stiffs the Browns started

Any of the stiffs the Jags started

So there's 1/4 of the league with sh!ttier starters than him. And Oakland and Denver are debateable.

Pre-2011, you'd be right. But it seems like he's the perfect fit for Harbaugh's system, even if Harbaugh is being blinded to that by the allure of having a couple of years of a Manning. On another team, he'd probably fit your description, though.

Did SF's WRs suck or does Alex Smith just suck at throwing to WRs? Dude put up the same numbers he puts up every year but finally cut down on his INTs, and wasn't benched for... Troy Smith.

So there's 1/4 of the league with sh!ttier starters than him. And Oakland and Denver are debateable.

I'd say he's comparable to Henne, Ponder is a rookie and had flashes last year that he might be good, colts #1 QB went down, tjax is comparable, Skelton has more upside and kolb is comparable, mccoy is comparable, blaine gabbert is terrible.

Never thought I'd see so much love for Alex Smith. Alex Smith is so good SF's FG kicker broke records last year.

If the 49ers can sign Manning it is a ridiculously giantly massive upgrade over Alex Smith, even if he's @70-80%.

Could be fun watching two players the caliber of Manning and Moss hook up for a year. Arguably the GOAT at their positions, TOGETHER.

"Manning deep to Moss.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!" has a nice ring to it.

If Manning wants to win, he will go to SF. If he doesn't he will go where he gets the most cash, and that seems to be the Titans. The niners are going their best to put a great team around Manning with the signings of Moss and Manningham.

its now a 2 way race -- SF for less cash but unreal talent or Tennesse with a blank check and hoping Britt stay healthy

Could be fun watching two players the caliber of Manning and Moss hook up for a year. Arguably the GOAT at their positions, TOGETHER.

"Manning deep to Moss.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!" has a nice ring to it.

I am done with Moss....because he is done.

He was a fav of mine for years and I owned him often. One of the WR greats....but he just can't run anymore. No "Manning deep to Moss.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!" Decoy only.

I am done with Moss....because he is done.

He was a fav of mine for years and I owned him often. One of the WR greats....but he just can't run anymore. No "Manning deep to Moss.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!" Decoy only.

Well, he seemed to run fine when SF worked him out.

They wouldn't sign him as a "decoy" period, but especially so with his history of being less than a team player. They signed him because they think he can still play. Certainly not the Moss of old, but plenty fast and hopefully, he will be motivated on a 1 year contract to prove he has a couple years left. Also, the dumb ass got a chance to see that playing football is much more lucrative than anything else that was available to him. If his head is on right, he can put up some solid numbers and get one more decent payday.

Trent Balke and Harbaugh are no nonsense guys, so they wouldn't have signed Moss unless they really feel he will contribute and not be a distraction.

They wouldn't sign him as a "decoy" period, but especially so with his history of being less than a team player. They signed him because they think he can still play.

Trent Balke and Harbaugh are no nonsense guys, so they wouldn't have signed Moss unless they really feel he will contribute and not be a distraction.

Perhaps....we shall see. I am on record in the "bust" category.

Heck, they might as well take a flier on T.O. also. Is Harrison still available?

its now a 2 way race -- SF for less cash but unreal talent or Tennesse with a blank check and hoping Britt stay healthy

Did I miss something or isn't Denver still in it? I know we haven't heard much about them lately but I thought they were the favorite to land Manning at first and I have to think they still have a shot.

Perhaps....we shall see. I am on record in the "bust" category.

Heck, they might as well take a flier on T.O. also. Is Harrison still available?

Actually I still love T.O but looks like he is done based on the ZERO interest he is getting. Guess the combo of age and the ACL injury finished him off. Harrison has his strip clubs and shootings to keep him busy. Doesn't need football......... :bandana:

Not looking for a repeat of 2007 for Moss, but 70 catches, 1100 or so yards and 10 TDs would not be outrageous expectations if he is fully committed. Worth the risk for what they are paying him and if he starts acting like a ######, they cut him loose quickly.

Will be fun to watch if they do land Peyton.

Did I miss something or isn't Denver still in it? I know we haven't heard much about them lately but I thought they were the favorite to land Manning at first and I have to think they still have a shot.

Most analysts make them the co-favorite with Tennessee. However, I think it's SF (and not just because I am a Niner fan).

There was a good article in the Sacramento Bee about how SF really focused on the football mentality end when they talked to him, which Manning liked. They weren't all glitz and "position for life" like Bud Adams was in Tennessee. Of course, that could just be a local spin too.

Thats pretty high praise. Until he does it again I'd say he's only tentatively better then anybody. He's shown promise before only to regress the very next season.

If Manning lands on the Niners Moss becomes relevant again. I'd look for him somewhere in the 6th-8th round depending on how things look in the preseason. If I'm running the Niners I'm doing everything in my power to "woo" Peyton Manning.

WHAT more could manning want ????????????????????????

VDavis -- he loves to toss it to the TE Davis is a Physical freak

Moss - Crabtree - Manningham as WR's

a decent oline and good running game with a back that's a great pass catcher.

A defense thats that could next year be the best in the game.

ONLY -- question would Harbaugh be willing to play the manning way -- make 3 play calls and Manning chooses at the line which to run? Can Harbaugh set his ego aside and let Manning basically be the OC?

Tennessee isn't a bad team if Britt is 100% -- good runnign game - great oline and decent Defense - and the owner will give him a blank check. -- and Locker will have 2-3 years to learn from maybe the best ever QB - or at least the most cerebral QB ever.

IF Manning wants a title he takes less and goes West if he wants to stay at home where he is still a hometown hero in Tennessee and still have a team that with him can compete he goes there for a ton of money

WHAT more could manning want ????????????????????????

VDavis -- he loves to toss it to the TE Davis is a Physical freak

Moss - Crabtree - Manningham as WR's

a decent oline and good running game with a back that's a great pass catcher.

A defense thats that could next year be the best in the game.

ONLY -- question would Harbaugh be willing to play the manning way -- make 3 play calls and Manning chooses at the line which to run? Can Harbaugh set his ego aside and let Manning basically be the OC?

Tennessee isn't a bad team if Britt is 100% -- good runnign game - great oline and decent Defense - and the owner will give him a blank check. -- and Locker will have 2-3 years to learn from maybe the best ever QB - or at least the most cerebral QB ever.

IF Manning wants a title he takes less and goes West if he wants to stay at home where he is still a hometown hero in Tennessee and still have a team that with him can compete he goes there for a ton of money

Totally agree.I think the Titans are capable of winning a superbowl with Manning but I believe Manning could win a superbowl sooner with the 49ers than the Titans. Not bustin' on the Titans as if Manning doesn't go to the 49ers then I'd like to see him go to the Titans. If loyalty & money are his 1st priorities then he picks the Titans. If winning another SB ring soon,to tie little brother, not knowing how much longer he will be able to play then he picks the 49ers. I hope he chooses the latter.