Sign in to follow this  
Inhiding

Am i over-reacting

I have 2 daughters, 4th grade and kinder. Last year the older one was with a 3 friends on the playground and one of the boys in her class comes up to her and says he wants some milk from her Chi-Chi's (dont ask about can size either :angry: ). Well this freaked them out, and I went to the school and talked with the principal about the issue. She already heard about the incident and was taking measures to prevent something like this from happening again. Plus there was only a couple of weeks left of school so I thought just ride this out, but if anything happened I would hold the school responsible.

Fast forward to last week. 4th grade camping trip, Wed - Fri, and the same boy on a night hike separates himself along with another girl from the rest of the group and starts to stick his hand up her shorts and shirt, while saying some pretty disgusting things. My wife was a chaperone on the trip but not with that group on the night hike. She was the one who was consoling the "victim" while the school officials were alerted. The boy was then put in "camp jail" because his parents could not get him.

The behavior is clearly escalating now, and I don't feel my daughter is safe at school. I am going in to talk to the principal and it is either the boy gets kicked out of the district (small community as well. 1 school for K-5, and one Jr high and one high school), or I take both my kids out of the district? This is paramount to bullying at the minimum, and sexual harassment to the extreme. If the principal fails to act against the boy, I will talk to friends on the school board and escalate matters as well.

So, am I over-reacting? or justified in the thoughts?

Invite boy over, show him gun collection, shovel and bags of lime. If he still doesn't get it, play the Billy Batts scenes of Goodfellows for him.

When I was a kid we always had vigilante justice for the creepers out there, I honestly don't ever remember parents getting involved.

I'm so glad I only have boys.

I'm so glad I only have boys.

Me2

Yup, I would be p!ssed too. This kid obviously has problems. Do you know the parents of the girl on the hike? I would tell them to threaten legal issues.

My daughter had an issue with a boy in 4th grade. He apparently "pants" her in line coming back inside from recess. Since my little girl is mean as her mother, she beat the crap out of him. Like literally bloodied his nose and face by repeatedly slamming his head into the cement. They both got suspended for 3 days. I took her to the zoo, played video games with her, and made it a great 3 day vacation for her. :wub:

Yes, you're overreacting. That said, this is a good opportunity to teach your daughter about kicking a dude in the nuts if he acts inappropriately. She's got the green light. What's the district going to do if this dude tries something and she kicks him in the nuts, given his history? And if he happens to fight back all the better. He's definitely gone if he attacks a girl, especially after sexually harassing her.

Wait your kid's school goes on 3 day 4th grade overnight co-ed camping trips?

We did it in 5th grade. I don't see the issue.

Wait your kid's school goes on 3 day 4th grade overnight co-ed camping trips?

Yes they do, chaperoned by parents in each cabin. Separate cabins for boys and girls. The hike was co-ed.

I say the principal and he was already implementing the most severe punishment possible. Hopefully that means he gets home schooled for the rest of the year at a minimum. Me? I want him expelled from the district. Make his parents drive him 20 minutes to the nearest school. Where does a 10 year old learn this behavior? Probably from his parents, or he is being abused himself and thinks this is appropriate behavios.

The kid sexually assaults a girl and gets sent to "camp jail"? Your story does not mesh with reality so therefore I will side with over-reacting.

3rd grade overnight camping trip? :blink: Are you freaking kidding me? :doh:

NO WAY either of the boys would be attending that shitshow! :nono:

3rd grade overnight camping trip? :blink: Are you freaking kidding me? :doh:

NO WAY either of the boys would be attending that shitshow! :nono:

How else are they going to learn to finger chicks in the back of the bus? :nono:

How else are they going to learn to finger chicks in the back of the bus? :nono:

You have a point. :thumbsup:

Yup, I would be p!ssed too. This kid obviously has problems. Do you know the parents of the girl on the hike? I would tell them to threaten legal issues.

My daughter had an issue with a boy in 4th grade. He apparently "pants" her in line coming back inside from recess. Since my little girl is mean as her mother, she beat the crap out of him. Like literally bloodied his nose and face by repeatedly slamming his head into the cement. They both got suspended for 3 days. I took her to the zoo, played video games with her, and made it a great 3 day vacation for her. :wub:

When I was like 8 or nine, my brother (same age) and sister (4 years younger) were at day care after school. Some kid started throwing rocks at our little sister. Me and my brother beat the crap out of him (black eye, bloody nose).

They snatched us into the office and read us the riot act. They said we were in big trouble, cause they called our dad, and he was not happy about having to leave work.

He arrived, walked in, and said "What did they do?" The day care lady told him we beat a kid up, 2 on 1. He looked at us and said "Is that true?" "Yes sir." "Why?" "He was throwing rocks at Liz."

He nods his head and says "Good boys, go wait in the car, I'll get you ice cream." He then proceeded to ream the day care worker out for allowing the kid to throw rocks and then wasting his time. We went to Baskin Robins. It was awesome.

_____

A few years later, in 8th grade, the school had a black history month assembly. One of the black teachers had a saxophone, and he played "the black national anthem" (We Shall Overcome.) Everyone stood up and put their hands over their hearts. Everyone except for me and two other kids. We were immediately snatched into the office.

The principal asked me "which parent should we call." I thought about it, and said "I think we should let Dad handle this one." So they call him. On speaker phone. My dad's secretary answers, and the principal identifies herself. Next thing you hear is my dad growling "what did he do now?" They tell him. My dad says "The black national anthem? Since when is there a black nation?" the principal stammers. My dad says "I wouldn't have stood up either. Now send him back to class."

I gave the principal a smirk, and went back to class. She didn't even have the sack to punish me. Apparently, the other two kids parents had similar reactions, and they didn't get punished either.

_____

Anyway, the answer to your question? No, you're not overreacting. Teach your daughter the power of the kick to the pills. Also teach her the Peter Parker rule.

Tell the principal he has one chance to make things right, you are reserving your right to all legal recourse pending how the school handles this...

When I was like 8 or nine, my brother (same age) and sister (4 years younger) were at day care after school. Some kid started throwing rocks at our little sister. Me and my brother beat the crap out of him (black eye, bloody nose).

They snatched us into the office and read us the riot act. They said we were in big trouble, cause they called our dad, and he was not happy about having to leave work.

He arrived, walked in, and said "What did they do?" The day care lady told him we beat a kid up, 2 on 1. He looked at us and said "Is that true?" "Yes sir." "Why?" "He was throwing rocks at Liz."

He nods his head and says "Good boys, go wait in the car, I'll get you ice cream." He then proceeded to ream the day care worker out for allowing the kid to throw rocks and then wasting his time. We went to Baskin Robins. It was awesome.

_____

A few years later, in 8th grade, the school had a black history month assembly. One of the black teachers had a saxophone, and he played "the black national anthem" (We Shall Overcome.) Everyone stood up and put their hands over their hearts. Everyone except for me and two other kids. We were immediately snatched into the office.

The principal asked me "which parent should we call." I thought about it, and said "I think we should let Dad handle this one." So they call him. On speaker phone. My dad's secretary answers, and the principal identifies herself. Next thing you hear is my dad growling "what did he do now?" They tell him. My dad says "The black national anthem? Since when is there a black nation?" the principal stammers. My dad says "I wouldn't have stood up either. Now send him back to class."

I gave the principal a smirk, and went back to class. She didn't even have the sack to punish me. Apparently, the other two kids parents had similar reactions, and they didn't get punished either.

_____

Anyway, the answer to your question? No, you're not overreacting. Teach your daughter the power of the kick to the pills. Also teach her the Peter Parker rule.

Sounds like acadamia...

Yes they do, chaperoned by parents in each cabin. Separate cabins for boys and girls. The hike was co-ed.

I say the principal and he was already implementing the most severe punishment possible. Hopefully that means he gets home schooled for the rest of the year at a minimum. Me? I want him expelled from the district. Make his parents drive him 20 minutes to the nearest school. Where does a 10 year old learn this behavior? Probably from his parents, or he is being abused himself and thinks this is appropriate behavios.

No this is over reacting

:thumbsup:

I don't think your overreacting at all. Best to nip these kinds of things in the bud. I would notify the principal and superintendent of your concerns in writing. Keep it civil but let them know you will hold their feet to the fire on this.

Mind you I'm not saying the kid absolutely must be run out of the district, but some sort of corrective action must be taken.

Gas prices are way too high. Until you consider how expensive it would be to fill up your gas tank with Snapple. Or bottled water. Like $8,000 bucks or something. All in all, Obama isn't the poopy head everybody says he is.

Gas prices are way too high. Until you consider how expensive it would be to fill up your gas tank with Snapple. Or bottled water. Like $8,000 bucks or something. All in all, Obama isn't the poopy head everybody says he is.

Oh, this shtick is gonna get old quick. :thumbsdown:

The kid sexually assaults a girl and gets sent to "camp jail"? Your story does not mesh with reality so therefore I will side with over-reacting.

Let me put it another way. His parents could not pick him up from camp (for who know what reason), so the boy was isolated from the rest of the class. Sat in a room doing nothing. What part of the story does not mesh with reality. I assume you were there since you know the reality, so please enlighten me.

When I was in 2nd grade, there was this boy who had a massive crush on me. At recess he would get his buddies to hold me down so he could try to kiss me. I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for him not being able to father children, as it would always end with me kicking him in the balls as hard as I could.

And look how I turned out...

True story, by the way. :ninja:

You realize he's a 9/10 year old boy trying to act cool, right? He's not a sexual predator. He's 10. Tell your daughter no one has the right to talk to or treat her that way, and that if anyone does she should kick them in the balls and then go tell the teacher exactly what happened. Bet that ends the problem.

You are under-reacting. You need to go to the Head of the School District's house and grudge fock his wife.

How else are they going to learn to fingerbang Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her purty pink panties? :nono:

Fixed.

I think the per ounce price of Snapple, corrected for inflation, was much higher under Bush. So fock you.

You realize he's a 9/10 year old boy trying to act cool, right? He's not a sexual predator. He's 10. Tell your daughter no one has the right to talk to or treat her that way, and that if anyone does she should kick them in the balls and then go tell the teacher exactly what happened. Bet that ends the problem.

Unless the other girl was having fun along with him, putting his hands on her sexually while saying disgusting things literally displays sexual preying right?

Assuming he creepily premeditates/fantasizes about victimizing other kids as a matter of course isn't in order though. He could just be following his crappy impulses in the moment. You don't want Inhiding freaked out that this kid could really hurt his daughter, and that's reasonable. If the camp thing wasn't consensual, he definitely has a screw or two loose though. What really matters is how that other girl interpreted the situation, and hopefully she's honest about it. I don't think she would report back about what happened if she liked it though.

You are under-reacting. You need to go to the Head of the School District's house and grudge fock his wife.

:lol: :doublethumbsup:

I would like to volunteer to chaperone one of these camping trips.

:banana:

:overhead:

This is pretty damn funny.

But....

GFIstillAFP

As the person who is the closest age to a 4th grader in the geek club, I think this is an issue that needs to be watched closely until the boy is expelled from the school.

IN 4th grade, you SHOULD already have a good idea of what you can and cannot do to other people, and that includes talking about or trying to touch their private parts.

I remember I got in trouble when I kissed some girl's forehead without her permission. Sat out the whole day of recess and my Dad made me write 10 pages of "I will not kiss a girl without her permission"

Yesterday my wife took my 5th grade daughter to a birthday party. My daughter had gotten a new basketball and brought it with her. Wife said that when they got there, the boys started swarming them both asking for the ball. Wife is only 5'2" so some of the boys were comparable height. She said you had to be there to understand, but she eventually said to the boys loudly "are you trying to physically intimidate me?" They backed off.

That's a tough age for boys. Some are starting to grow into men and have no idea how to handle the changes. That being said, you aren't overreacting. If your parental spidey sense says that something is wrong, go with your gut. My guess is that this kid has either little/no parental guidance at home, or his parents are the type who say "my Johnny would never do that!" The school is probably afraid to act for fear of retribution from the kid's parents. Unfortunately this means that you have to be a squeaky wheel, and make it harder on the school/district to do nothing.

Yesterday my wife took my 5th grade daughter to a birthday party. My daughter had gotten a new basketball and brought it with her. Wife said that when they got there, the boys started swarming them both asking for the ball. Wife is only 5'2" so some of the boys were comparable height. She said you had to be there to understand, but she eventually said to the boys loudly "are you trying to physically intimidate me?" They backed off.

That's a tough age for boys. Some are starting to grow into men and have no idea how to handle the changes. That being said, you aren't overreacting. If your parental spidey sense says that something is wrong, go with your gut. My guess is that this kid has either little/no parental guidance at home, or his parents are the type who say "my Johnny would never do that!" The school is probably afraid to act for fear of retribution from the kid's parents. Unfortunately this means that you have to be a squeaky wheel, and make it harder on the school/district to do nothing.

Does she wear jorts too? I think that would hinder movement if she had to kick some kids ass Matrix style.

Find a large fifth grader and his two buddies. Tell them the story and give them $25 each to scare the focking sh*t out of the bully.

Does she wear jorts too? I think that would hinder movement if she had to kick some kids ass Matrix style.

I swear on my mother's grave, I haven't worn jorts in like 6 years. You guys showed me the error of my jort ways. :(