Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

ObamaCare is Constitutional!

from Wiki

Now you show me where in this it says that your taxes will go from 25% to 50%.

You admit that you believe the Chicken Littles on this site? No wonder you're so afraid.

I know it doesn't say 25% to 50%, those were my own examples. MY point is that my taxes WILL increase, correct?

Your Wiki says, "Summary of tax INCREASES."

That's a lot of increase, and given that close to 50% of people don't bother to focking PAY those taxes...mine will go up. A LOT.

i agree with newbie.

how is mitt romney different than obama on the healthcare issue?

there are people who do not have health care but they have health issues.

they are treated at hospitals and they don't pay their bills or they are not treated at all.

people who pay for health care end up having to take on the burden of those that cannot pay for themselves.

how do your propose to fix this problem?

simply complaining about the solutions doesn't hide the fact that you all have no solutions.

The health care tax bill severely, severely punishes those that already pay for healthcare, and rewards those that don't. It's basically unfair taxation.

I look forward to my job dropping my health coverage immediately. :banana:

Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. Congratulations. The bums won. My advice is to do what your parents did; never get a job, sir. The bums will always win. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Wow, timing. I just watched that for the first time last night. And it's "Dude," he doesn't like Lebowski and certainly not Mr. Lebowski.

Obviously TNG just sort of made up the 25% to 50% number. Which is hypberbole. However this thing has to be paid for somehow. The rich can't do it alone and we are already in a debt crisis.

Something has to give. :dunno:

I don't disagree. I'm not a huge fan of the law.

It's that kind of stuff that irritates me because it's such a stark example of how people believe anything they read on the internet.

If you don't like the law, I get that. There's a lot not to like. If it worries you about how to pay for it or you don't believe the numbers the government is giving out about how it will be paid for and how it will reduce the deficit, I get that, too.

The idea that your taxes are going so high you won't be able to live anymore while your welfare-receiving neighbor gets everything they want is ridiculous right-wing pablum designed to rile up the masses.

By tripling our current pathetic deficit. Hey, it's only imaginary money. Just keep printing. It doesn't have to be backed by real money or gold. It's all make believe. Wheeeeee!!!!! :overhead:

In this game Monopoly - I want to be the shoe! :banana:

I know it doesn't say 25% to 50%, those were my own examples. MY point is that my taxes WILL increase, correct?

That's a lot of increase, and given that close to 50% of people don't bother to focking PAY those taxes...mine will go up. A LOT.

The fact that some taxes will go up was never in dispute.

HTH

I'll set the Over/Under at 7.5 pages, that this thread will reach.

I'll take the over :banana:

I don't disagree. I'm not a huge fan of the law.

It's that kind of stuff that irritates me because it's such a stark example of how people believe anything they read on the internet.

If you don't like the law, I get that. There's a lot not to like. If it worries you about how to pay for it or you don't believe the numbers the government is giving out about how it will be paid for and how it will reduce the deficit, I get that, too.

The idea that your taxes are going so high you won't be able to live anymore while your welfare-receiving neighbor gets everything they want is ridiculous right-wing pablum designed to rile up the masses.

How so?

Right now, we live pay check to pay check. We are FINALLY able to TRY and get ahead this year when my daughter goes to lublic school and we no longer pay for child care. However, I have student loans (which the interest might also go up, right?), and if my paycheck ends up being LESS every month, how on Earth is that going to help me feed my family if I am all ready cutting back on things? Am I supposed to keep cutting back to nothing, while others use their welfare checks to buy the latest and greats cell phone?

The fact that some taxes will go up was never in dispute.

HTH

So you got hung up in the percentages that I used?

Free condoms, oxy, and bath salts for everybody. :pointstosky:

I think you have the healthcare bill backwards as well. The bill forces poor people to buy healthcare against their wishes.

The reason it was being reviewed by the scotus is because the bill forces people to buy a product.

This is part of the reason I like it. For example, a lot of people who do not have healthcare use the emergency room for general healthcare. As a result, we end up picking up the bill. With this, it sounds like there will be less free loading, no?

How so?

Right now, we live pay check to pay check. We are FINALLY able to TRY and get ahead this year when my daughter goes to lublic school and we no longer pay for child care. However, I have student loans (which the interest might also go up, right?), and if my paycheck ends up being LESS every month, how on Earth is that going to help me feed my family if I am all ready cutting back on things? Am I supposed to keep cutting back to nothing, while others use their welfare checks to buy the latest and greats cell phone?

You said your taxes will go up from 25% to 50%. That's a BS number you either pulled out of your ass or someone who doesn't like Obabmacare told you. What in that list of funding solutions will cause your taxes to go up so much that you won't be able to feed your family?

If you want to talk about the unfairness of welfare, start another thread and we'll talk about it. They are two separate issues that you're pissed off about and merging into one.

No, that you're running around screaming taht the sky is falling.

My understanding of the Act is that if you are poor and cannot afford coverage, you can demonstrate your poverty to the Gov and be exempted from the individual mandate (compulsion to obtain insurance or pay the penalty), but you will still have access to healthcare. This seems not to change a whole lot for many Americans who are poor; they still get healthcare, while not paying.

You, on the other hand, don't have that out. The costs shifted at least in part from Gov to you and others that can afford coverage. You can bet that taxes levied on health insurance providers will also be passed on to you.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand fully how this affects everyone, but after looking at multiple articles, I'm having a hard time finding where the taxes coming out of my paycheck will rise noticeably..if at all. I see taxes on medical companies, insurers, medicade for the wealthy, etc. If someone can break it down into baby terms to prove me wrong, I would appreciate it. This of course doesn't include costs that will be shifted down to me from other entities.

Now I'm glad Obama has crappet on the Constitution and nullified laws passed by congress with nothing more than an Executive Decree. Now Romney can just nullify ObamaTax, er Obamacare, on Day 1 by Executive decree and claim he is just carrying out Obama's legacy. :pointstosky:

You said your taxes will go up from 25% to 50%. That's a BS number you either pulled out of your ass or someone who doesn't like Obabmacare told you. What in that list of funding solutions will cause your taxes to go up so much that you won't be able to feed your family?

My point is that if taxes increase, that is LESS money for my family to live off of.

Not to mention that other things are going UP in price, so while I am getting less money every month, things around me are getting more expensive...and I am only getting a 3% raise a year.

So, to be extremely general...if things go up in price and I get paid less due to tax increases, how is that good?

How so?

Right now, we live pay check to pay check.

if you live pay check to pay check you are implying that you don't make a lot of money.

(or you are living above your means which is no one's problem but your own)

if you don't make a lot of money then you didn't have to pay a lot of taxes.

how much money did you have to pay last year?

honestly, reveal the amount.

if you live pay check to pay check you are implying that you don't make a lot of money.

Most hard working people pay about 50% of their money earned towards taxes. Which clearly is not enough.

My point is that if taxes increase, that is LESS money for my family to live off of.

Not to mention that other things are going UP in price, so while I am getting less money every month, things around me are getting more expensive...and I am only getting a 3% raise a year.

So, to be extremely general...if things go up in price and I get paid less due to tax increases, how is that good?

Welcome to the real world. This is nothing new.

Most hard working people pay about 50% of their money earned towards taxes. Which clearly is not enough.

that's a damn lie.

i don't pay 50% of my money towards taxes!!

Correct, we do not make a lot of money.

and I am only getting a 3% raise a year.

Consider that lucky. Most people today get handed more responsibilities, a title change, and not a penny more in salary. Basically, never expect to get a raise the rest of one's career.

But prices and taxes keep going up.

that's a damn lie.

Add up federal, state, local, and see how close you get. I'm paying 50%.

Welcome to the real world. This is nothing new.

So, then tell me...

How is increasing taxes going to be good for anyone?

No, that you're running around screaming taht the sky is falling.

In her defense, this ruling sets an enormous precedent.

The US Federal Government can now FORCE you to purchase a product or be 'taxed' if you don't comply.

Don't pay your tax?

Lose your home, car, assets, retirement, bank accounts, etc.

Don't have the money or hid your money? You go to jail.

I'd say that the sky ain't looking stable.

that's a damn lie.

Federal

State

Local

Sales

Property

Miscellaneous:

Cell phone

Utilities

There have been numerous studies that show that most people pay 40-50% of their income in taxes.

that's a damn lie.

Federal Taxes

State Taxes

Sales Taxes

Excise Taxes

Property Taxes

Gas Taxes

Cell Phone taxss

Airline taxes

etc

etc

It goes on and on and on and on...

People segregate these in their minds because they think taxes = April 15th... But we are getting gouged 24/7 in a million different schemes...

Federal Taxes

State Taxes

Sales Taxes

Excise Taxes

Property Taxes

Gas Taxes

Cell Phone taxss

Airline taxes

If we are going that route, then NewGirl is an idiot for saying she only pays 25% right now.

guess what?

my water is clean, it flows out of my sink, i don't have to trek miles to get it and pray there aren't worms in it because i can't filter them out.

if my house catches on fire there is a truck and able bodied people to put the fire out.

i have teachers to teach our children no matter how rich or poor.

the roads are pretty good and take me where i need to go.

there are police to protect me.

i'm glad poor people have a chance to feed themselves because our tax dollars provide a little of their needs.

you guys suck!

i'm glad my taxes are paying for the services i get.

i don't make a lot of fcking money and i don't have a husband's salary to help pay my bills, but the last thing i will do (BECAUSE I TRULY HAVE BEEN POOR) is btch and complain about the little bit of taxes i have to pay because it helps keep our country great and trust me, we don't even pay that much. i don't give a fck if it's 50%, good, take it, so we can all eat, so we can all get an education, so we can all be healthy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/#

This is kind of interesting.

In terms of my being an idiot, I was stating those percentages based on INCOME tax, I was not taking the other taxes into account.

HTH.

That's a cool little cheat sheet, but I'd really like to see something that details the tax increases..if any..to me.

guess what?

my water is clean, it flows out of my sink, i don't have to trek miles to get it and pray there aren't worms in it because i can't filter them out.

if my house catches on fire there is a truck and able bodied people to put the fire out.

i'm glad poor people have a chance to feed themselves because our tax dollars provide a little of their needs.

you guys suck!

i don't make a lot of fcking money and i don't have a husband's salary to help pay my bills, but the last thing i will do (BECAUSE I TRULY HAVE BEEN POOR) is btch and complain about the little bit of taxes i have to pay because it helps keep our country great and trust me, we don't even pay that much. i don't give a fck if it's 50%, good, take it, so we can all eat, so we can all get an education, so we can all be healthy.

Good for you, I am glad that you're happy with your situation and your tax bracket and where the taxes go.

guess what?

you guys suck!

I'd choke the life out of a baby if it meant I'd have another 5 bucks in my pocket. I'd probably have a boner too.

In her defense, this ruling sets an enormous precedent.

The US Federal Government can now FORCE you to purchase a product or be 'taxed' if you don't comply.

Don't pay your tax?

Lose your home, car, assets, retirement, bank accounts, etc.

Don't have the money or hid your money? You go to jail.

I'd say that the sky ain't looking stable.

I don't recall the federal government advocating the return of debtor's prisons.