Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

It's rare when a film is able to take me into a world where I really connect with the characters and am left with many emotions as the credits roll.Tonight was one of those rare occasions as I was scrolling thru Netflix and came across a film I'd never heard of I Melt With You.The main reason I opted to watch was I liked the cast but had no idea what I was really about to watch.I'm quite sure my age is why the film affected me so and the realization that there really is no going back.Also a heads up,if you lived in and liked 80's music you should very much enjoy the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwJSKH2s0o

If you are into heavy metal and documentaries, "Lemmy" is worth a watch, quite a few other musicians in it.

Saw this one recently called They Look Like People. Low-budget horror-type movie. Takes a long time to develop but if you sit through it it's pretty damn interesting.

Not your traditional horror movie so don't expect a lot of monsters and gore.

If you are into heavy metal and documentaries, "Lemmy" is worth a watch, quite a few other musicians in it.

Yep. Definitely a must wathc :thumbsup:

Saw this one the other day called "Time Lapse" that was fairly entertaining. Nothing great but if you're looking to kill a couple hours it is interesting enough. Plus it's got a hot chick in it. :thumbsup:

Also recently watched "Into the Wild." Didn't see it when it came out because I had some rather conflicting feelings about the book. But the movie was very good and focused more on the kid's background and family life and so forth.

Another documentary for the music geeks, a little more obscure this time, "jaco" about Jaco Pastorius often called the Hendrix of the electric bass. Quite a few musicians in it like geddy lee, flea, Hancock, Joni Mitchell, etc....not for everyone I'm sure but some may appreciate it

Just watched the documentary "The resurrection of jake the snake Roberts". Man it was good, very emotional and raw. He was a huge alcoholic and junkie and it's just the story of his friend DDP helping him through it and getting his life on track. Highly reccomend it to any wrestling fan or addict or interest in those subjects. Powerful stuff.

Just watched the documentary "The resurrection of jake the snake Roberts". Man it was good, very emotional and raw. He was a huge alcoholic and junkie and it's just the story of his friend DDP helping him through it and getting his life on track. Highly reccomend it to any wrestling fan or addict or interest in those subjects. Powerful stuff.

I need to check that out.

I do remember when Stone Cold threw out the drunk card when he won that King of the Ring way back, the one where Austin 3:16 was born.

The "Thunderbird" comment is about the 45 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQhlaWxMbTg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you see that? It's available on Amazon Prime streaming. My wife went to bed early on a weekend night a few months ago and I considered it but figured I'd get 15 minutes in and decide I did NOT want to watch the rest of the movie.

Just watched spotlight last night...kinda weird the paterno thread pops up today

My son put on a documentary yesterday called "Fastball" I think. It is all about the evolution of the fastball in baseball. I was able to catch the first 20 minutes of it and found it interesting.

My son put on a documentary yesterday called "Fastball" I think. It is all about the evolution of the fastball in baseball. I was able to catch the first 20 minutes of it and found it interesting.

Throw the ball really hard. There, I summed up any and all possible history or science behind the fastball. :dunno:

Another documentary for the music geeks, a little more obscure this time, "jaco" about Jaco Pastorius often called the Hendrix of the electric bass. Quite a few musicians in it like geddy lee, flea, Hancock, Joni Mitchell, etc....not for everyone I'm sure but some may appreciate it

I watched most of this..internet connection issue cut off the last half hour. It was kind of interesting, but felt like the only thing you can walk away with is Jaco had some mental issue, but was definitely a big selfish jerk.

I watched most of this..internet connection issue cut off the last half hour. It was kind of interesting, but felt like the only thing you can walk away with is Jaco had some mental issue, but was definitely a big selfish jerk.

well if you missed the last half hour you may have missed where he was diagnosed bi polar toward the end..def came across as a jerk though, which sounds like it directly led to the cause of his death

Throw the ball really hard. There, I summed up any and all possible history or science behind the fastball. :dunno:

Excellent! Now I don't have to watch the rest!

Let us know what you think about it. Favorite scene....worse scene(s)......most shocking scene.....shtt like that.

:popcorn:

Probably won't get to it for a little bit, but will try to get to it soon...

I am going through this thread and just remembered this. Did you watch this man??? What did you think???

Did you see that? It's available on Amazon Prime streaming. My wife went to bed early on a weekend night a few months ago and I considered it but figured I'd get 15 minutes in and decide I did NOT want to watch the rest of the movie.

I have not seen this yet, just saw this last night for some damn reason too. I must have been away when this was bumped or something.

I am going to try and catch it soon though, if I can find it that is. Thanks bro.

My new girl would HATE this stuff too. She likes horror/thriller, but gore and rape, she wants NOTHING to do with. So I have been really slowing down on this stuff.

Plus, that focking August Underground, I think it was that one, focked me up a bit. I had to take a break from those movies for a couple of weeks after that one, I think it was that one anyway. Cant remember for sure which one it was, but I was like okay, that is plenty for a while after that one. lol

I have not seen this yet, just saw this last night for some damn reason too. I must have been away when this was bumped or something.

I am going to try and catch it soon though, if I can find it that is. Thanks bro.

My new girl would HATE this stuff too. She likes horror/thriller, but gore and rape, she wants NOTHING to do with. So I have been really slowing down on this stuff.

Plus, that focking August Underground, I think it was that one, focked me up a bit. I had to take a break from those movies for a couple of weeks after that one, I think it was that one anyway. Cant remember for sure which one it was, but I was like okay, that is plenty for a while after that one. lol

Please give me a review when you do see it an one of these days I will send you this cache of really rough movies I've had in the basement for a while. I still love horror but I can't take the truly extreme stuff anymore.

Fwiw I've heard American Guinea Pig is absolutely nasty.

Please give me a review when you do see it an one of these days I will send you this cache of really rough movies I've had in the basement for a while. I still love horror but I can't take the truly extreme stuff anymore.

Fwiw I've heard American Guinea Pig is absolutely nasty.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sweet. I will give you a review once I see it. :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sweet. I will give you a review once I see it. :D

I very nice online horror geek years ago sent me Niku Daruma, Entrails of a Virgin, Aftermath and Torced. I'd already seen aftermath (gross but sort of meh) and watched Entrails of a Virgin, which was gross but hilarious! The other 2 I tried a couple times but just couldn't get through.

Anyway my wife wants this sh1t out of the house so I will try to dig it up. :lol:

I very nice online horror geek years ago sent me Niku Daruma, Entrails of a Virgin, Aftermath and Torced. I'd already seen aftermath (gross but sort of meh) and watched Entrails of a Virgin, which was gross but hilarious! The other 2 I tried a couple times but just couldn't get through.

Anyway my wife wants this sh1t out of the house so I will try to dig it up. :lol:

:doublethumbsup: THanks bro, sounds great. :)

Not on Netflix but I just saw Take Shelter ... Somehow missed this one when it came out a few years and holy hell was it incredible. Very powerful and Michael Shannon is so damn good. Pretty good performance by Jessica Chastain too

I do t know about instant Netflix but I was laughing uncontrollably at Movie 43

Absolutely. :lol:

I am going through this thread and just remembered this. Did you watch this man??? What did you think???

I haven't had a chance to watch it... To be honest I forgot all about it...

I haven't had a chance to watch it... To be honest I forgot all about it...

Might be best to skip this one. It is pretty good actually, but severely focked up. There are multiple scenes that are EXTREMELY uncomfortable, even for someone as seasoned as I am, I cringed, more than once.

Saw this one the other night called The Invitation. Decent little slow-developing thriller. Wasn't really much of a shock where it was going but character development etc. was alright and it held my attention once I got into it.

Boom Bust Boom. Documentary about financial markets. They show a good spot about an experiment with monkeys and money.

Saw this one the other night called The Invitation. Decent little slow-developing thriller. Wasn't really much of a shock where it was going but character development etc. was alright and it held my attention once I got into it.

I liked it. Wouldn't watch it again but it passed the time pretty well.

Another one that's not great but ok for a Netflix movie, cold in July...stars the dude from dexter kind of a revenge flick, I guess

Another one that's not great but ok for a Netflix movie, cold in July...stars the dude from dexter kind of a revenge flick, I guess

I liked this one a lot.

I started it but lost interest. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something but it seemed like a Blue Ruin ripoff to me. :dunno:

I started it but lost interest. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something but it seemed like a Blue Ruin ripoff to me. :dunno:

like I said it was just all right, you could do worse/better

I saw them at roughly the same time and liked Blue Ruin a little better but I enjoyed then both.

Maybe too slow for some but I love 'No Country For Old Men' now on Netflix, watched it probably for the sixth time last night

Maybe too slow for some but I love 'No Country For Old Men' now on Netflix, watched it probably for the sixth time last night

Too slow for who?! Easily one of the best movies of the 2000s. Maybe THE best.

Maybe slow wasn't the right word but people seem to either love it or hate it, imo.