Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Man of Steel

Awesome! A movie about a dark, tortured super hero. How original!

a re - re boot -- did the one a few years ago really suck that bad they needed to scrap it an start over???

i cant wait for an Iron Man re-boot

and enough with the origin stories. unless its something that isnt mainstream, we already know the origin.

i cant wait for an Iron Man re-boot

and enough with the origin stories. unless its something that isnt mainstream, we already know the origin.

NO!!! R Downey Jr. makes that role and movie worth watching --just like he made Avengers. Avengers -- great action -- terrible storyline -- saved by RDJ

I hope the new Superman re boot is more like the Batman re boot

if you're going to see these movies, you can't blame them

when the garbage stops making money, they'll stop making them

the only one i've seen in theaters in the past 5+ years is The Dark Knight (and will see the new one soon)

and Superman was always dumb. the guy is invincible except when a certain rock is nearby? woop-dee-doo.

the character isn't dark or conflicted except for 'uhhhhhh, should i help people or not?"

:thumbsdown:

Iron Man 3 is next (not a re-boot).

as long as it stars RdJ I watch if not I pass

as long as it stars RdJ I watch if not I pass

It does. Unfortunately, that ends his contractual obligations which means he might not be in the future Avengers sequels coming out.

Agreed. It not the like audience is going to be confused. WHAT? That dude can fly? How?

It does. Unfortunately, that ends his contractual obligations which means he might not be in the future Avengers sequels coming out.

I think he would do an avengers sequel but no more Iron Man flicks - avengers without RDJ would suck. He basically made the focking movie at least from an acting standpoint. I think they throw the bank at him to do an Avengers II because of that.

Amazing how RDJ was left for dead in 1999 and is now right at the top of the A list.

as for the superman re - re boot I do hope they go the Dark Knight route and make it darker. The first reboot was basially a contuation of the original series. And IMO kinda sucked - though Kate is hot

The Wolverine.

Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior.

:rolleyes:

It's part of his story in the comics.

hHat trailer sucked ass. A borefest. I have always liked Superman. They should have put a bit more Superman action in that trailer. 2 seconds of 1:30 is not going to cut it.

If you mean superman I don't think this is a part 2 -- this is a totally new movie series. Starting all over -- the superman in 07 was a continuation of the of the previous 4

No, I mean the movie kick ass, according to the link they're making part 2

really looking forward to green lantern 2.. :unsure:

there was a green lantern 1??????

why don't they remake something good, like flash gordon? or better yet, why not make a flash gordon 2? at the end of flash gordon, ming wasn't dead. he grabbed his ring before the movie ended.

I actually thought that this teaser-trailer was pretty great. It seemed very Malick-esque in its cinematography and its editing -- e.g. shots of nature and domesticity, prominent voiceover, etc. It'll be interesting to see what Zac Snyder does with it because he's about as inconsistent a filmmaker as there is right now. For example, there were parts of Watchmen that were brilliantly shot and other parts that were really terribly executed. If anything, he seems like a director who has been too reverent to the source-material in the past, often to a fault. I'm hoping that Christopher Nolan (who co-wrote and produced this film) can help break him of some of his bad habits because he does have potential.

And I personally like the idea of looking at Superman's "humanity" rather than his superhero-ness. As a character, Superman is about as boring as possible. In fact, his near-invulnerability (physically) insures that boredom. Therefore, you have to find a way to make his cognitive/emotional makeup more complex and interesting. That's story-telling 101.

Someone should film the Frank Miller comic The Dark Knight Returns - Superman and Batman are both prominently featured and it would be awesome. I think the problem with so many of these superhero movies is that they're obliged to show the whole "origin story" thing and it's usually not that interesting. Why not just pick a terrific series from the comics and run with it? Kraven's Last Hunt would've made a terrific, very dark stand alone Spider-Man movie, too.

I love comic book movies but....the reboots have to stop.

The first Micheal Keaton Batman was awesome. Everyone after that was crap. The Dark Knight movies are amazing though.

The first Superman was great at the time. The reboot was awful.

I liked the first Spiderman movies. I refuse to see the reboot of that. Its way too soon to have a different spiderman. It just ruins it.

I didnt like Hulk. The next Hulk was even worse. I hate the CGI hulk.

Iron Man has been the best of the group in my opinion. I skipped the Avengers at the theater. Will wait for that on DVD.

The Wolverine goes to Samurai school just looks like a pathetic sell out even though I am a huge fan of the X-Men movies.

I love comic book movies but....the reboots have to stop.

The first Micheal Keaton Batman was awesome. Everyone after that was crap. The Dark Knight movies are amazing though.

The first Superman was great at the time. The reboot was awful.

I liked the first Spiderman movies. I refuse to see the reboot of that. Its way too soon to have a different spiderman. It just ruins it.

I didnt like Hulk. The next Hulk was even worse. I hate the CGI hulk.

Iron Man has been the best of the group in my opinion. I skipped the Avengers at the theater. Will wait for that on DVD.

The Wolverine goes to Samurai school just looks like a pathetic sell out even though I am a huge fan of the X-Men movies.

and why would they stop?

sounds like all of them have made money off you directly (theater, DVD) or indirectly (tv).

:doh:

I didnt like Hulk. The next Hulk was even worse.

Unpossible. That first Hulk movie reached a level of suck that will never be approached again.

I liked the Ed Norton Hulk, I thought it was pretty good.

Neve saw the Eric Bana Hulk, though.

I do agree that the comic book movies need to stop, especially all of the re-makes/re-boots. I get tired of them.

I bet Christopher Reeve is trying to roll over in his grave.

:lol:

and why would they stop?

sounds like all of them have made money off you directly (theater, DVD) or indirectly (tv).

:doh:

Good call.

I am the problem.

Thats becasue they finally got it right and got the perfect actor to play the Stark role. Without RDJ Iron would have flopped or not done nearly as well and there would never been an avengers as Iron man out sold all the others by a long shot. I hope Iron Man 3 is good and thats the end -- RDJ maybe does 1 more avenger movie -- I like him better as Sherlock Holmes anyway

I liked the Ed Norton Hulk, I thought it was pretty good.

Neve saw the Eric Bana Hulk, though.

I do agree that the comic book movies need to stop, especially all of the re-makes/re-boots. I get tired of them.

Did you see the new Hulk in Avengers? IMO, the best of them all.

I bet Christopher Reeve is trying to roll over in his grave.

Funniest post of the year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats becasue they finally got it right and got the perfect actor to play the Stark role. Without RDJ Iron would have flopped or not done nearly as well and there would never been an avengers as Iron man out sold all the others by a long shot. I hope Iron Man 3 is good and thats the end -- RDJ maybe does 1 more avenger movie -- I like him better as Sherlock Holmes anyway

Oh, that horrible perversion of Sherlock Holmes really pisses me off!

Sherlock Holmes was not an action star. Nowhere in the books does it mention him being buff with his shirt off half the damn time.

If they wanna make crap movies, that's their business, but can they at least refrain from sh!tting all over classic literature in the process?

Troy starring Brad Pitt is another example. I loved the movie, but why did you have to fock with the ###### story? Homer has only been entertaining people for what, 4,000 years, and some doosh in hollywood thinks it needs pizzaz?

Sherlock Holmes was not an action star. Nowhere in the books does it mention him being buff with his shirt off half the damn time.

If they wanna make crap movies, that's their business, but can they at least refrain from sh!tting all over classic literature in the process?

Troy starring Brad Pitt is another example. I loved the movie, but why did you have to fock with the ###### story? Homer has only been entertaining people for what, 4,000 years, and some doosh in hollywood thinks it needs pizzaz?

I love all things Sherlock Holmes, and, although not an action hero, he could rough and tumble with the best of them. James Bond wasn't buff either, but he, too, kicked ass. Today's incarnations are a reflection of the times and I have no issue at all with them. In fact, I like the diagramming of the blows in his head before it plays-out in Holmes. Shows he's more cerebral than just buff tough guy.

Check-out Sherlock on BBC...great show that just finished it's 2nd series.

I've read everything Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote. I've read plenty of mock Sherlock Holmes books. I've watched many, many PBS rebroadcasts of the cases of Holmes. I'm a bit of a fan.

I think Guy Ritchie has done as good of a job of bringing Holmes to the screen to capture as wide of an audience as possible and still preserve the spirit of the Holmes stories. I enjoyed the first two movies. You can't say that there wasn't a fair bit of action in the written stories themselves.

I just don't know where they go for a antagonist in the next movie. Which was the problem with the 2nd X Files movies.

They take a classic story and make it original instead of the 50th re hash of sherlock Homes the same way every time -- they made it different and you hate em for it ... :rolleyes:

as for The Illiad -- I didn't really like the movie Troy anyway. Hell I liked the made for TV movie "The Oddesey" better with Armand Assad