Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

Wison sucks

Pete Carrol is a idiot anyway

Cool hair Pete is an idiot, I agree with that...but Seattle will be an average team with Flynn, at best. Wilson offers more, more chance for success and failure. Surfer Pete is in a gambling mood this year....hoping for a spark from the rookie that he wouldn't get from the vet.

Yeah, you're right that it's his first game/start. That's why I think he'd be better served to learn from the sideline for sometime. I don't think it's an overreaction to say that Wilson is not ready win many games this year.

I disagree. I think he played just fine yesterday and think he'll be better served learning on the job. He's more mature then most rookie QB's and is going to learn from everything that happens this year. He knows his WRs suck. Any time he got good pass protection nobody was open. The dude isn't the type to get down on himself.

I think he improves dramatically against Dallas next week.

I disagree. I think he played just fine yesterday and think he'll be better served learning on the job. He's more mature then most rookie QB's and is going to learn from everything that happens this year. He knows his WRs suck. Any time he got good pass protection nobody was open. The dude isn't the type to get down on himself.

Well... Dallas' corners did pretty well last week, and the Giants' receiving corps is far more dangerous than the Seahawks. I'd expect the Cowboys to follow the Cards' gameplan: lots of blitzes and press coverage. In case Carroll doesn't read low-rent fantasy boreds, feel free to forward him this little tidbit of info. :thumbsup:

Well... Dallas' corners did pretty well last week, and the Giants' receiving corps is far more dangerous than the Seahawks. I'd expect the Cowboys to follow the Cards' gameplan: lots of blitzes and press coverage. In case Carroll doesn't read low-rent fantasy boreds, feel free to forward him this little tidbit of info. :thumbsup:

Yep. I think people are grossly underestimating how dangerous the Dallas defense can be this year. TONS of blitzes and pressure, combined with some damn good corner player. I like Wilson, but i don't think next week is going to be good for him. Sadly, I have to use him in my two qb league next week :(

Law of averages says he will only get better as the season goes on. Then again, and I do not know who exactly the Cards have on defense, but Wilson is about to get a huge dose of DeMarcus Ware Sunday - he is no pinic for any qb.

I'm not discounting the Dallas D, And trust me, I'm worried about the prospect of facing Ware without Okung. I think Seattle is a little better then they showed yesterday. They also play a lot better at home and Russell has a full real game under his belt. I'm not predicting a Seahawks win, but I think Russell plays a lot better.

And to those bashing Carroll, lets at least bash him for the things that are his fault:

1) addressing the pass rush with a project. Irvin should be the raw rookie everybody is getting on. He could be a fine pass rusher some day, but yesterday he was invisible. It stings all the more to see defensive ends picked after him making an impact.

2) Cutting TO. Flat out the guy was getting open during the preseason, something the WRs were hardly doing yesterday. It's ironic that Owens was cut because of his hands and the team keeps Braylon focking Edwards. :rolleyes:

3) Player discipline. Too much fighting and jawing. This crap was prevalent last year. I love players having an attitude and playing with a chip on their shoulder, but they need to be more disciplined. This is the price you pay for rolling with a player's coach like Pete Carroll.

It's one game, and the Cardinals played their asses off. I like where the team is headed overall, but the above things are what's going to keep the Hawks out of the playoffs.

I don't know if Wilson is ready for prime time NFL yet or not, but everyone acts as if Matt Flynn is the overwhelming answer. As if Matt Flynn has proven he can carry the load either. Flynn has been a back up QB and played what 2 good games with the Green Bay Packers offense. That is surely not enough to make judgements on Flynn as a starting QB in the league either.

Look, Wilson beat him out by a fairly wide margain in the practice and the preseason games. You have to give him more than one game before you pull the rug out. Or else you create a culture where both QB's are looking over their shoulders during the games. That is not good. You give him at least 4 starts to prove himself and then re-evaluate the situation if needed.

I don't know if Wilson is ready for prime time NFL yet or not, but everyone acts as if Matt Flynn is the overwhelming answer. As if Matt Flynn has proven he can carry the load either. Flynn has been a back up QB and played what 2 good games with the Green Bay Packers offense. That is surely not enough to make judgements on Flynn as a starting QB in the league either.

Look, Wilson beat him out by a fairly wide margain in the practice and the preseason games. You have to give him more than one game before you pull the rug out. Or else you create a culture where both QB's are looking over their shoulders during the games. That is not good. You give him at least 4 starts to prove himself and then re-evaluate the situation if needed.

Agreed. I don't know if Flynn would be better or not. The only solid game film we have on him are against below average defenses with an elite supporting cast. Wilson is faster and has a better arm, and a higher overall ceiling in my opinion.

Being a Seattle sports fan I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn gets traded and joins the elite next season though. :(

Law of averages says he will only get better as the season goes on. Then again, and I do not know who exactly the Cards have on defense, but Wilson is about to get a huge dose of DeMarcus Ware Sunday - he is no pinic for any qb.

Cards don't have a Ware; few teams do. But Dockett and Campbell bring good pressure, they also occupy the line for Acho and Scofield at OLB to rush. Adrian Wilson and Peterson are good blitzers as well. Their back 8 are young (mostly) and athletic, and they confuse offenses by crowding the line and backing different guys out on any given play.

Cards don't have a Ware; few teams do. But Dockett and Campbell bring good pressure, they also occupy the line for Acho and Scofield at OLB to rush. Adrian Wilson and Peterson are good blitzers as well. Their back 8 are young (mostly) and athletic, and they confuse offenses by crowding the line and backing different guys out on any given play.

Your front 7 came to play yesterday. It's also obvious both teams hate each other. Lots of fights Sunday and in week 17 last year.

It's also obvious both teams hate each other. Lots of fights Sunday and in week 17 last year.

No kidding. I think they started fighting on the first play from scrimmage and didn't stop all game. My wife likened it with kids at school when they have a substitute (replacement refs) who push the envelope to see how much they can get away with. Which apparently was more than starting a fight every play. :dunno:

No kidding. I think they started fighting on the first play from scrimmage and didn't stop all game. My wife likened it with kids at school when they have a substitute (replacement refs) who push the envelope to see how much they can get away with. Which apparently was more than starting a fight every play. :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqw1FI1hfJA

Can't give the Hawks that excuse, they've been looking to start fights since last season.

Yeah, you're right that it's his first game/start. That's why I think he'd be better served to learn from the sideline for sometime. I don't think it's an overreaction to say that Wilson is not ready win many games this year.

Lol, they lost by 4 points and had a chance to win at the end. I love this board overreacting to everything every week.

Lol, they lost by 4 points and had a chance to win at the end. I love this board overreacting to everything every week.

Pretty much. The hype on him did get out of control, but a little perspective please.

Come'on now... Wilson was 18/34 for 150 yards passing, 1 td, 1 int, 1 lateral fumble lost for a dismal QB rating. Was that enough to keep the Seahawks in the game? No, it was The defense and Leon Washington that did. It would easily been a 20-3 game if it wasn't for Washington's two excellent returns and the turnover. That means that Wilson's offense earned 3 points.

If anything, Wilson prevented the Seahawks from a very winnable game. I don't have anything against Wilson, I just feel that Flynn gives the Seahawks the better chance at winning, not Wilson at this point. Watching the game just made me cringe how lost Wilson was out there. He is going to get Lynch killed if he doesn't start reading those blitzes. Yes, the Seahawks had a chance to win against the Cardinals... but will 150 yards passing be enough to beat the Cowboys? the Packers? The Niners? All this Wilson defending is getting out of hand. I've been a Seahawk season ticket holder for a long time and I'm passionate about the hawks. I just can't believe they would go out and sign a high profile free agent and don't even give him the chance to play and let a 3rd round 5'10 rookie start the season based solely on pre-season play.

They lost to the Arizona Cardinals. A real QB (like Flynn) and they win by 20.

LMAO!!! Cleveland Browns had a chance to beat the Eagles too... Let's not overreact at Weeden's 115 yards passing, 4 ints.

I'll agree the hawks were a play or 2 away from winning. But to be fair I honestly think Wilson held them back. They needed the kick returns to have a prayer and i predicted a hawks blowout.

Not that Wilson was that bad, but to bench the qb that they paid good money to be the starter means u should expect better than "not bad". To completely shift my preseason gameplay I need Wilson to show he is a rare and special talent. Another game sure, but the experiment needs to be over if Wilson doesn't flash serious game changing talent. Flynn at least needs a chance to show he's worth what they went out of their way to pay him for.

If Baldwin or Edwards would have caught one of those passes this thread wouldn't exist.

If Wilson played like a NFL quarterback, this thread wouldn't exist.

If Wilson played like a NFL quarterback, this thread wouldn't exist.

For a 3rd round pick making his first start on the road with a motley group of receivers he didn't play bad at all. But please, lead the charge to bury him prematurely.

For a 3rd round pick making his first start on the road with a motley group of receivers he didn't play bad at all. But please, lead the charge to bury him prematurely.

I don't think you get it. If it was Tavaris Jackson on the bench, I'd give Wilson the start without hesitation. But we have a 30 million dollar man sitting on the bench with more experience than Wilson. Keep defending Wilson, but this kid has a lot to learn, and now isn't the time for potty training. If you honestly feel that Wilson gives the Seahawks a better chance at winning against Dallas and GB next.. than good for you. There is zero chance Wilson continues to be the starter after we are 1-7 going into the bye week.

I don't think you get it. If it was Tavaris Jackson on the bench, I'd give Wilson the start without hesitation. But we have a 30 million dollar man sitting on the bench with more experience than Wilson. Keep defending Wilson, but this kid has a lot to learn, and now isn't the time for potty training.

What the fock does Flynn's contract have to do with anything? Would the millions we are paying him put points on the board last Sunday?

You watched the game right? He didn't light the world on fire, but he showed a lot of poise. Maybe he doesn't have what it takes, but we won't know that from one start. :rolleyes:

What the fock does Flynn's contract have to do with anything? Would the millions we are paying him put points on the board last Sunday?

You watched the game right? He didn't light the world on fire, but he showed a lot of poise. Maybe he doesn't have what it takes, but we won't know that from one start. :rolleyes:

Flynn would put more than 3 points on the board. but don't worry, i will bump this thread after week 3 and see if you still have a man crush for Wilson.

Flynn would put more than 3 points on the board. but don't worry, i will bump this thread after week 3 and see if you still have a man crush for Wilson.

And you know this due to the mountain of gametape we have on Matt Flynn.

Man crush? I'm just not ready to bury the guy after one professional start. But bump away chief. I'm not driving the bandwagon, I'm just not being chicken little.

And you know this due to the mountain of gametape we have on Matt Flynn.

Man crush? I'm just not ready to bury the guy after one professional start. But bump away chief. I'm not driving the bandwagon, I'm just not being chicken little.

I'd say a whole year sitting and learning behind a great qb like Rodgers, and playing well in a few games at the nfl level constitutes a mountain compared to a rookie who won the job in camp and a few preseason qtrs.

I totally agree w the guy saying its not tarvaris Jackson on the bench. Its not Aaron Rodgers either, but it's hope, and that's more than a proven bum like tjax. That said, the Wilson experiment deserves another start.

I think that the Seahawks really don't need to take such a risk to start a rookie QB right now. Not after going out to sign Flynn and then benching him. If anything, Flynn should get the start and give Wilson some NFL experience. If Flynn doesn't work out, then the rookie gets the shot. It appears Carroll handled this situation backwards. Oh well, with the upcoming schedule before the bye, I think Flynn will get the chance. Once that happens, Wilson's confidence as a rookie is done.

Look, Wilson beat him out by a fairly wide margain in the practice and the preseason games.

Nope. It was a very, very, very close competition. Flynn played very well in preseason and in practice. Wilson is starting because of his greater mobility.

Well, it appears that Seahag fans expectations are sufficiently low enough to have Wilson continue to be their starter. Almost beating the ugliest two headed QB monster in the league is good enough for your short little try hard 3rd round rookie QB. Flush your money/cap space on Flynn and maybe your entire season while waiting for your project QB to "get it".

Also, a plan B might be to find Colt Brennan and see if he's tired of pumping gas yet. After all, he also had a great preseason once...

I lived in NY when Pete Caroll was the head coach there and I was in Mass for his stint there. The guy sucks as a head coach in the NFL. Great D.C., great college head coach (with the deck stacked most likely) but the dude focks up running the show IMO. Why the fock wouldn't you give Flynn first crack? Wilson might work out, Flynn might work out, but he is doing things ass backwards, IMO and it doesn't make any sense.

I think that the Seahawks really don't need to take such a risk to start a rookie QB right now. Not after going out to sign Flynn and then benching him. If anything, Flynn should get the start and give Wilson some NFL experience. If Flynn doesn't work out, then the rookie gets the shot. It appears Carroll handled this situation backwards. Oh well, with the upcoming schedule before the bye, I think Flynn will get the chance. Once that happens, Wilson's confidence as a rookie is done.

I agree. I'm all for open competitions in camp, and was fine with Zon'a decision to start Skeleton, but I would have given Flynn the first crack.

Not everyone will start like cam newton.

The kid did enough to give his team a chance to win on the road.

Braylon Edwards should not be playing until he cures the dropsies.

Not everyone will start like cam newton.

The kid did enough to give his team a chance to win on the road.

Braylon Edwards should not be playing until he cures the dropsies.

You know the Seahawks suck when their fans are saying they made a mistake in cutting TO, and are giving Wilson the benefit of the doubt when he ALMOST beat a godawful Cardinals team on the road. If Wilson continues to be average what does it do to his confidence if he gets benched? It makes zero sense why they wouldn't at least start Flynn for the first few games and if he sucks let Wilson start.

I'm sure the kid is a good egg, and I'm sure he has a pretty good arm. But there is a reason 5'11" qbs aren't flooding the NFL market. I'd be really concerned if my franchise quarterback was that short.