Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

Wison sucks

They should have stuck with Flynn.

I agree. Was looking forward to seeing Flynn for 16 games. :thumbsdown: Pete Carrol.

Td or not, unless he comes out the gate like an MVP it's not worth alienating Flynn who u paid a bundle for.

Pete Carrol is a idiot anyway

This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. Who is Wison? Why would you use the word "a" in front of "idiot" when it starts with a vowel? Just a waste of mentalnessity.

it would be nice if the hawks WR's could catch the ball. wilson is placing his passes nicely.

Wilson did enough to win the game. The WR's just didn't make plays. He'll get better.

it would be nice if the hawks WR's could catch the ball. wilson is placing his passes nicely.

Yup...Baldwin most notably. That game was theirs.

he had 59 yards passing at halftime. that is unacceptable. you can tell his height affected him in some of the passes. If it wasn't for Leon Washington, the game wouldn't even be close.

AZ had absolutely ZERO respect for the passing game. They blitz EVERY down. unbelievable.

Watched the whole game (Cards fan). Cards were blitzing a lot and he was very poised on that last drive, I was impressed. However, Seattle's offense overall was horrendous. They only scored because of Washington's returns and TOs. I don't think they had a single sustained drive until that last one.

seattle line needs to play better. the receivers were a joke. there were at least 5 dropped passes on nicely placed balls on that last drive alone. whether or not they were officially counted as drops.

1347235147[/url]' post='4824614']

Wilson Leon Washington did enough to win the game. The WR's just didn't make plays. He'll get better.

:thumbsup:

Seattle homer here. watched every snap of every play. Wilson is not ready for NFL football yet. If Carroll doesn't start Flynn, it will be a long year.

He is too short to read and take opportunity of blitzes. AZ blitzed pretty much every down and dared Wilson to beat them, and he didn't. Not once. I'm sure Flynn could've read some of those blitzes and punished AZ. Wilson scrambles way too much, we need a pocket passer to stay composed and throw the ball down the field. When Wilson sees a blitz, his first instinct is to run away. I'm still rooting for this guy, but Carroll really set him up for failure.

Wilson played like a talented guy who has heart but just falls short of having the tools (height among them) to be more than a serviceable nfl starter.

This sentiment is shared by me and EVERY team in the nfl before the preseason.

Wilson could be fine, but to sandbag Flynn who they paid a good price for was a little hasty IMO.

If Doug Baldwin could catch a perfectly thrown ball the game is over and Wilson wins his first start with a comeback drive... Not sure im ready to make a judgement on him one way or the other yet...

If Doug Baldwin could catch a perfectly thrown ball the game is over and Wilson wins his first start with a comeback drive... Not sure im ready to make a judgement on him one way or the other yet...

Perfectly thrown? I know you're not talking about the ball skipped off Baldwins finger tips when he was full extended diving for the ball in the back of the endzone.

Perfectly thrown? I know you're not talking about the ball skipped off Baldwins finger tips when he was full extended diving for the ball in the back of the endzone.

I actually thought the last pass to Braylon was extremely catchable and a play that should have been made by BE. Just my 2cents.

I'm a Hawks fan who also watched every snap. Throughout the game, Wilson took a lot of hits and I remember saying "damn, they're blitzing the sh!t out of this kid".

I thought he was courageous, stood in the pocket and despite some sailing balls (that you could argue were catchable: 1 to Rice, 2 to Edwards and 2 to Baldwin) played alright.

I know fantasy and stat-wise may, it may not show. I think the play calling could have been tailored more to Russell's skill-set (I.e. WAS play calling for RG III).

The play that resulted in the TD pass to Rice really showed his football IQ: looked like he changed the play at line, snapped the ball quickly realizing ARZ defense wasn't set and threw a TD.

Gotta' consider everything here: an underdog rookie QB, first game, on the road, against a division rival with a pretty good DEF and he still gave you a chance to win in the final seconds.

My Cowboys head up to Seattle next week - hope like hell Wison stays the starter.

My Cowboys head up to Seattle next week - hope like hell Wison stays the starter.

I would be very afeared as a Cowboy fan. Seattle is a totally different team at home than they are on the road.

This is an obvious overreaction thread after 1 week.

I would be very afeared as a Cowboy fan. Seattle is a totally different team at home than they are on the road.

This is an obvious overreaction thread after 1 week.

As a Cowboys fan I'm afreared most weeks we tee it up. Seattle is a notorious tough road game for anyone - not sure why, but it is. When you factor into account the unstableness of our offensive line, every week is going to be a battle. With all of this, I"d much rather see Wilson back there than someone else -- he gives us the best chance to win a hard road game (imo).

I'm a Hawks fan who also watched every snap. Throughout the game, Wilson took a lot of hits and I remember saying "damn, they're blitzing the sh!t out of this kid".

I thought he was courageous, stood in the pocket and despite some sailing balls (that you could argue were catchable: 1 to Rice, 2 to Edwards and 2 to Baldwin) played alright.

I know fantasy and stat-wise may, it may not show. I think the play calling could have been tailored more to Russell's skill-set (I.e. WAS play calling for RG III).

The play that resulted in the TD pass to Rice really showed his football IQ: looked like he changed the play at line, snapped the ball quickly realizing ARZ defense wasn't set and threw a TD.

Gotta' consider everything here: an underdog rookie QB, first game, on the road, against a division rival with a pretty good DEF and he still gave you a chance to win in the final seconds.

And teams will continue to blitz the hell out of him, until he makes them pay. You take a raw rookie like Wilson, with his height limitations that couldn't beat the blitz. They really should put Flynn in there and let the rookie take some time and learn from the pine.

Overall I agree. On the bolded part, I not only agree, but will say that I just didn't understand the Seahawks' offensive plan. Everyone and their brother knew that Ray Horton would blitz all game. I'm no OC, but it seems to me you'd mix in some hot reads, screens, planned rollouts... instead it seemed like he went back in the pocket and waited for a play to develop.

Also Okung seemed to have 92374298 false starts, that didn't help. My wife was at the game and said it was really loud, but still he is a vet and should be able to handle it.

Seattle just seemed outcoached and, in general, uninspired. Wilson himself did fine IMO given what he had to work with.

It's obvious some of you didn't watch the game. Wilson played fine considering it was his first NFL start. His WRs suck and Seattle went pretty conservative. Game winning passes went through the hands of Baldwin and Edwards.

I'm sorry if you let the hype train run you over. Wilson is going to be just fine. Jesus, it's not like he threw 3 or 4 INTs... :rolleyes:

Also, he doesn't play defense. Seattle lost that game because they let a trash overpaid QB No huddle his way down the field for the game winning score. Just like last year the lack of pass rush will be their undoing. I'm not at all worried about Russell Wilson.

I love it - a 3rd round rookie QB on a horrible team, with maybe the worst receiving corp in the league, doesn't have a great debut, and people are jumping off a cliff. WTF did you expect? Was he suddenly going to turn these WR's into all-pro's?

And teams will continue to blitz the hell out of him, until he makes them pay. You take a raw rookie like Wilson, with his height limitations that couldn't beat the blitz. They really should put Flynn in there and let the rookie take some time and learn from the pine.

Where are you getting this not beating the blitz BS? He did fine against the blitz.

Where are you getting this not beating the blitz BS? He did fine against the blitz.

You don't beat the blitz with 5 yard passes. You beat them with 50+ yard TDs.

You don't beat the blitz with 5 yard passes. You beat them with 50+ yard TDs.

It was his first start, give the kid some time. He showed a lot of poise against a very aggressive defense. Arizona's defense is VERY underrated and they were all jacked up at home. It's not like he was the 2nd pick in the draft or anything.

Also, the Cards tip everybody's passes. Calaise Campbell is like 7'2". 6'5" John Skelton had passes batted down too.

Classic week 1 overreaction thread :lol:

It was his first start, give the kid some time. He showed a lot of poise against a very aggressive defense. Arizona's defense is VERY underrated and they were all jacked up at home. It's not like he was the 2nd pick in the draft or anything.

Also, the Cards tip everybody's passes. Calaise Campbell is like 7'2". 6'5" John Skelton had passes batted down too.

Classic week 1 overreaction thread :lol:

Yeah, you're right that it's his first game/start. That's why I think he'd be better served to learn from the sideline for sometime. I don't think it's an overreaction to say that Wilson is not ready win many games this year.

Fans are paying to watch the Seahawks win NOW. Not to give Wilson some practice time. Do people actually think that Wilson gives the Seahawks the best chance to win RIGHT NOW over Flynn? Seriously.. look at the upcoming schedule before the bye. I see 1 win in that schedule for Wilson. His inability to read blitzes is going to kill Marshawn Lynch.