Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

What is the current value of Chris Johnson?

The CJ situation really just cements how much about fantasy football is about a players situation. Talent, work ethic and effort(if he gives any) can only go so far. A running back on a team that can't block, can't play defense and has horrible QB play just really doesn't have a chance.

We all remember the CJ of old but his situation today is not even close to what it was during his glory days.... Titans are BAD.

Was just offered Hillis and Welker for he who shall not be named and Fitz. I'm actually considering it.

Posted this on the other CJ thread too but thought i would here too since there are 2 threads about him on first page...

Does anyone go out and pick up Ringer just in case CJ gets benched after another poor performance this week...I know Ringer is banged up but when he gets healthy any chance he takes over? Any homers out there got any insight?

I offered Jamal Charles for Chris Johnson. Maybe a change of scenery would help us both and guy countered with......

Chris Johnson, Jaquizz Rodgers and Denarious Moore

for

Jamal Charles, Percy Harvin and Cedric Benson.

So i said fock you and pulled my original offer :wacko:

Someone in my league actually dropped him for LaFell. I'm not totally desperate for an RB, but picked him up for Ryan Williams anyways. Feeling really good about this. Flipped an 11th round pick for a 1st rounder after two weeks. Granted CJ is playing like an 11th rounder right now.

Someone in my league actually dropped him for LaFell. I'm not totally desperate for an RB, but picked him up for Ryan Williams anyways. Feeling really good about this. Flipped an 11th round pick for a 1st rounder after two weeks. Granted CJ is playing like an 11th rounder right now.

See few things wrong with this.

#1-who the hell is going to drop him?

#2-Who the hell is going to drop him for LaFell?

#3-How the hell can you pick him up right after he is dropped? Dont like leagues where the quickest to computer gets the players. :nono:

Just traded him for D. MArtin.....now he will blow up!!!

The first place guy in my league just cut him.

Didn't even pick anybody up, just cut him. So to him, an empty roster slot has more value than Chris Johnson.

And the worst of it is...I don't even want to use a waiver claim on the guy. Right now I plan on keeping James Jones on my team instead.

:/

when waivers rolled last night he had been dropped in a keeper for jackie battle.

thing is i have first dibs here and dont even know if i want him.

cutler

luck

jamaal

demarco

mjd

hillis

julio

hakeem

percy

finley

& nate washington

i think i might actually lose depth. hmmm.

I dont care if you are in a 4 team league anyone who drops Chris Johnson after 2 weeks is an idiot.

I asked for a bag of Doritos for Chris Johnson. My friend got angry at me and accused me of trying to trade rape him. :dunno:

Honestly, only the name and the hope he will do something is keeping me from dropping him.

I don't think I can even get a kicker for him. :wacko:

Honestly, only the name and the hope he will do something is keeping me from dropping him.

I don't think I can even get a kicker for him. :wacko:

He still has it in there somewhere.......... :unsure: I just told the Chris Johnson owner that i am going to keep the Jamal Charles for Chris Johnson offer on table till around 4 and then i am pulling it. I keep telling my self that he is going to snap out of this crap but the more i read and watch people who know alot more about it than me it does not sound good.

Hell im pulling it now that i think about it.

AP with a busted knee and a crap team is still better than CJ1YPC. Laughed when they were considered equals or some said he was better.

I decided to take *(my view) the better of the only 2 deals I could drum up for he who should not be named

I went with Austin straight up for him over Welker straight up.

16 team league and I just traded D.Thomas and K.Smith for CJ1YPC and AJ Green. Who knows what happens, but K Smith wasn't going to start for me either way as I have Rice and Matthews and AJ is an upgrade over D.Thomas I think.

I would take whatever I could get for Johnson...but Green is a downgrade from Thomas. Both are great talents, but give me the guy with the better QB and supporting cast.

I offered Jamal Charles for Chris Johnson. Maybe a change of scenery would help us both and guy countered with......

for

I actually receievd a Charles for CJ trade as well and also countered with no success.

I actually receievd a Charles for CJ trade as well and also countered with no success.

I traded CJ for Steven Jackson. Its a PPR and I see Jackson doing a bit better rest of year. Since I have plenty of other RB's right now I can sit and wait.

I traded CJ for Steven Jackson. Its a PPR and I see Jackson doing a bit better rest of year. Since I have plenty of other RB's right now I can sit and wait.

I am over offering in an attempt to get SJax now. I picked up Daryl Richardson, would be very happy with that combo.

I was shot down on CJ/Maclin for SJax/Crabtree.

I was shot down on CJ for Hillis

So far the only offer I've gotten is for DeAngelo straight up. He's worth nothing

I dont care if you are in a 4 team league anyone who drops Chris Johnson after 2 weeks is an idiot.

You obviously havent watched him. He's done. Trust me.

He still has it in there somewhere.......... :unsure: I just told the Chris Johnson owner that i am going to keep the Jamal Charles for Chris Johnson offer on table till around 4 and then i am pulling it. I keep telling my self that he is going to snap out of this crap but the more i read and watch people who know alot more about it than me it does not sound good.

LOL. I bet that guy is kicking himself watching Charles rack up 300+ while CJ remains a useless poosay.

I was just offered Ahmad Bradshaw for CJ straight up. If Bradshaw is ok week 4, and at least splits with Brown, I can't see why I shouldn't take it.

for

You absolutely suck at this. Stop, just stop. Let someone else manage your fantasy teams.

M. Schaub is my backup to Eli....Schaub just had a great game and a M.Stafford owner inquired about him

Thinking of shipping M. Schaub and Chris Johnson to him for Demarco Murray and Alex Smith. We have to hold 2 qb's, 4 rb's, 6 ball catchers at all time...

My starting QB is ELI

RB's - Charles, CJ, Mcgahee, Benson

WR - Roddy, Percy, Nicks, A hernandez, D moore, G. Little

I have a h/u between Eli/Nicks, so my trade essentially would be Schaub for D.Murray. Drafter Schaub in the 10th

I was offered Charles for CJ + Garcon; i declined, which sounds bad.... except that I had another offer to consider, Green-Ellis + Lloyd + Rudolph for CJ (+ Myers & Cobb), which I took. All in all the points gained vs my old roster vs what I would have started was as large as what I would have gotten with Charles.

The addition of 3 starters makes me feel really good about the deal and I will still take it. Charles is awesome, but he plays for the Chiefs and they won't be playing the Saints' defense every week.

I was offered Charles for CJ + Garcon; i declined, which sounds bad.... except that I had another offer to consider, Green-Ellis + Lloyd + Rudolph for CJ (+ Myers & Cobb), which I took. All in all the points gained vs my old roster vs what I would have started was as large as what I would have gotten with Charles.

The addition of 3 starters makes me feel really good about the deal and I will still take it. Charles is awesome, but he plays for the Chiefs and they won't be playing the Saints' defense every week.

He played for the Chiefs 2 years ago. He isn't too far removed from averaging over 6 yards per carry for an entire season. The guy has freakish talent and with Hillis hurt he is only going to see more carries. I mean the guy had 33 focking carries. Add in 5 catches and he touched the ball 38 times this game. No way will he touch the ball that much every game but when a team wants to give a player as talented as Charles that large of a load, only good things can happen when that player is healthy.

I love the fact that I traded for him a few days before he blew up. Gave up RG3 and SJax for Roethlisburger and Charles.

He played for the Chiefs 2 years ago. He isn't too far removed from averaging over 6 yards per carry for an entire season. The guy has freakish talent and with Hillis hurt he is only going to see more carries. I mean the guy had 33 focking carries. Add in 5 catches and he touched the ball 38 times this game. No way will he touch the ball that much every game but when a team wants to give a player as talented as Charles that large of a load, only good things can happen when that player is healthy.

I love the fact that I traded for him a few days before he blew up. Gave up RG3 and SJax for Roethlisburger and Charles.

Hey I totally agree. Congrats.

Pulling here for Charles too because of what he's gone through and his bad luck.

I think the Chargers game will be the tell.