Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

What is the current value of Chris Johnson?

So, it looks like the preseason was just a teaser and we're back to the 2010-2011 pace. If your drafts were held today based on what you know now, what round would he go in?

So, it looks like the preseason was just a teaser and we're back to the 2010-2011 pace. If your drafts were held today based on what you know now, what round would he go in?

Wish I shared your optimism.

I just spent 15 minutes in the bathroom getting rid of last night's Chili. When I looked down in the porcelain throne, I saw Chris Johnson.

I've had him since his rookie year in a keeper league. Honestly, I wouldn't take him higher than my RB3. Not only does he look terrible, Tennessee is arguably the worst offense in the league. They definitely have the worst line in the league, and Locker may be the worst QB in the league this side of Brandon Weeden. I really think he has about the same value as someone like Deangelo Williams, Peyton Hillis, etc.

Thank god I didn't end up with this bum again this year.

Players currently with more rushing yards than CJ0K.

Jackie Battle

Curtis Brinkley

L. Mclain

J. Locker

I just spent 15 minutes in the bathroom getting rid of last night's Chili. When I looked down in the porcelain throne, I saw Chris Johnson.

He looks alot like your mom :wave:

He looks alot like your mom :wave:

What are you doing over here, fockstain? Go back to the geek board. :mad:

What are you doing over here, fockstain? Go back to the geek board. :mad:

Sorry, dad :(

The sad thing is he is the or one of the highest paid offensive players in the league. You could get any guy off the street with a decent build to run for just as much.

Hope so, cuz obviously I'm not getting it? :dunno:

Yea...I need some time to make something up. :thumbsup:

am i really the only one thinking all of you are overeacting?

:shocking:

if only the cj owner in my league was as finicky as all of you :rolleyes:

A can of creamed corn

After its been consumed.

Like Brad Pitt said in Moneyball;

There's all the running backs in the NFL, then there is 50 feet of crap, then there is Chris Johnson.

I would give you some #2-3 receivers for him right now, nothing more.

Buy Low

Buy low?? lol. He has 19yds rushing in 2 games! The Titans are terrible. O line is putrid. Locker sucks. Defense sucks. What are you hoping for, him to be a competent RB4 on your team?

Buy low?? lol. He has 19yds rushing in 2 games! The Titans are terrible. O line is putrid. Locker sucks. Defense sucks. What are you hoping for, him to be a competent RB4 on your team?

Barring injury, his value will never be lower than right now. You can get him for a bag of peanuts. Buy Low.

I've never seen a 1st round pick become so absolutely useless this quick... there's zero chance I'd start him going forward.

The sad thing is he is the or one of the highest paid offensive players in the league. You could get any guy off the street with a decent build to run for just as much.

:shocking:

what do u think is the least i can giv away for him?

greene

decker

p thomas

mcgahee

lafell

realistically lafell or decker

try for less of course

Like Brad Pitt said in Moneyball;

There's all the running backs in the NFL, then there is 50 feet of crap, then there is Chris Johnson.

I would give you some #2-3 receivers for him right now, nothing more.

Was this a real quote? I've never seen money ball. Which I think I should.

I'm so glad he never fell to me. I just kept picking up Brees at the end of round 1. Brees hasn't been awesome or anything, but he's been serviceable. Can't say that about CJ1YPC.

I'm pissed at CJ0k. Fortunately I benched him for Spiller and used a WR at flex. His value is too low so I'm not going to trade him. Hopefully the Titans offense improves and he is at least a RB2.

Was this a real quote? I've never seen money ball. Which I think I should.

Well, he said it in relation to baseball & the Oakland A's but yeah, it's a pretty good quote from the movie. Seriously, rent Moneyball sometime. Great movie about how Billy Bean put the A's roster together based on simple #'s instead of talent. Even if you're not a fan of baseball, it's a great movie.

Barring injury, his value will never be lower than right now. You can get him for a bag of peanuts. Buy Low.

Next four games:

Detroit, @ Houston, vs Minnesota, vs Pittsburgh

This Titans team is terrible. They can't block, and as long as Locker is playing, defenses have no reason to respect the passing game. The Titans defense gets shredded, forcing the offense to abandon the run.

I bet his value can get lower. Right now people are still remembering the late first or early second they invested, and they're still set on weathering the storm, unless they get a good offer. But give me 6 straight games of sub-40 yards, and people will be trading away CJ for backup QBs and WR4s.

EDIT: I forgot to add Detroit next week.

Next three games:

@ Houston, vs Minnesota, vs Pittsburgh

This Titans team is terrible. They can't block, and as long as Locker is playing, defenses have no reason to respect the passing game. The Titans defense gets shredded, forcing the offense to abandon the run.

I bet his value can get lower. Give me 5 straight games of sub-40 yards, and you could see owners cutting CJ outright.

You missed a game. Next week, you get to see N. Suh blow through the Titans sh!t line and rape CJ in the Backfield. THEN its Houston's turn.

Well, he said it in relation to baseball & the Oakland A's but yeah, it's a pretty good quote from the movie. Seriously, rent Moneyball sometime. Great movie about how Billy Bean put the A's roster together based on simple #'s instead of talent. Even if you're not a fan of baseball, it's a great movie.

Agreed. Yes I took the quote out of context to make it relate to the CJ situation, but a great movie with great dialog and some even better quotes.

I bought a bag of ramen noodles to offer the CJ0K owner in my league, but I decided I was hungry instead. Honestly, I wouldn't even want this loser playing as a flex. There's better players on my 14-team waiver wire than that toad. Glad that I either had too early or late of a draft pick in all my leagues to select him. I honestly feel bad for his FF owners that have to suffer through reading his box score every Sunday.

Agreed. Yes I took the quote out of context to make it relate to the CJ situation, but a great movie with great dialog and some even better quotes.

His system kind of reminded me how fantasy football players research & put together a roster in some ways. Very interesting movie with a pretty good cast of actors.

I was trying to think of the right animal... But I"ll settle with cat poop. I feel like Chris Johnson will be on a "one-hit wonders" list that I will be watching on TV ten years from now and that I will have to tell my son (who does not exist right now) the story of CJ2K. And then my son will say something along the lines of... "Dad, I don't know about that fictional character you just made up but now that he has over 18,000 yards rushing, is Ray Rice the best running back of all-time?"