Sign in to follow this  
packakegger

Nicks Out Thursday

Reported on Rotoworld.

Thought Nicks was healthy now...WTH?

Gah. Looks like I'll have to roll with Garcon or something. My WRs drop like flies.

Great, I'm playing against Victor Cruz. :cry:

Guess I'm rolling hard with Martellus Bennett now. :wacko:

So for the unfortunate people who would need to take a chance on one of the Giants backup WRs, possibily me :cry: , who is the better pickup? Ramses Barden or Reuben Randle? Barden's got the size at 6'6 to kind of take the Nicks role, imo. What's everybody think?

So for the unfortunate people who would need to take a chance on one of the Giants backup WRs, possibily me :cry: , who is the better pickup? Ramses Barden or Reuben Randle? Barden's got the size at 6'6 to kind of take the Nicks role, imo. What's everybody think?

I picked up Barden, but I think Bennett is going to be the main beneficiary of this.

Barden was already the number 3 with Hixon out. Randle should see some snaps I would think

I think Randle gets the playing time

The Giants announced Wednesday wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (foot) has been ruled out for Week 3 at Carolina. That could mean more playing time for Rueben Randle, who told the New York Daily News Tuesday he got "a lot" of snaps in practice. "Hakeem told me to be ready to play this game," Randle told the Daily News. "I’m just going to go out there, do whatever the coach needs me to do to the best of my ability. And that’s pretty much my role right now. It’s a little different (from college), but it’s just something to get adjusted to. You got to accept your role. It is what it is. Until my opportunity comes, to show what I really can do, it is what it is. I just accept my role."

(Updated 09/19/12)

Had him last year, worst headache of a player ever. Easily a clear cut #1 when healthy...and there's the rub.

:wall:

my options for knicks replacement not looking good

Andrew hawkins

Sidney Rice

Greg Little ???

Hopefully this is just a case of the Giants not wanting a guy with a bad foot playing 2 games on 3 days rest. Any word if it's more than that? Giants homers?

Fock Thursday games.

Fantasy football is awesome, BLAH!!!!

In one of my leagues I have Forte ouch, Hernandez yuck, and now Nicks yippee!!! My 0 and 2 record should really improve with decker, benson and Pitta in the lineup.

im not mad at him. his foots probably sore from kicking a mudhole in most the teams he faced last week. i guess finleys gonna get some run. idk for how deep everyone thought wrs were the benches here seem weak and there isnt lots left on the wire. maybe ill sneak play nate washington. i for sure wont play hakeem. enjoy the rest big fella. get well soon and by soon i mean next week at the latest.

Hopefully this is just a case of the Giants not wanting a guy with a bad foot playing 2 games on 3 days rest. Any word if it's more than that? Giants homers?

Fock Thursday games.

From what I read on the Giants website, NYPost.com and others, that's exactly the case. The Giants are taking it on the chin with this schedule having them only get 3 days between games. That is no time at all to heal from injuries. The thought is that in 10 days, Nicks is absolutely 100% going to play and Bradshaw is more likely to play, depending on his progress.

+ 1 million

Hellz yeah.

Our starting lineups lock in stone at week's first kickoff.

So my start-3 WR league where I felt nice and stacked with Calvin, Hakeem, and Garcon? Starting Amendola, Avery, and Brian Hartline. :pointstosky:

Wide receivers' collective feet can bite me while NFL schedule makers fondle me from behind.

Hellz yeah.

Our starting lineups lock in stone at week's first kickoff.

So my start-3 WR league where I felt nice and stacked with Calvin, Hakeem, and Garcon? Starting Amendola, Avery, and Brian Hartline. :pointstosky:

Wide receivers' collective feet can bite me while NFL schedule makers fondle me from behind.

Why would you bench Calvin?

Why would you bench Calvin?

well he hasnt even scored a touchdown yet this year and the guy has hartline. no brainer imo. great move here keep up the good work.