Sign in to follow this  
Revis done for the year...

Dayum. :( I'm not a Jets fan but I hate to see a great player go down.

It always sucks to see one of the best players in the league go down :/

How do you think this impacts the Jets Def from a fantasy perspective?

I guess no visitors on Revis Island this year. I swear, i think this team is jinxed!!!

I guess no visitors on Revis Island this year. I swear, i think this team is jinxed!!!

And they will be as long as Fat Mouth is still around. Karma for him being a doosh.

He doesn't have CB speed, but I bet, given a while to learn, he could make one hell of a safety or LB.

As long as it doesn't require him to throw the ball you're probably right. However, he's already venturing into the rarefied air of "Most Dangerous Non-Returner Punt Team Guy" in the history evah.

I was claiming today that Revis may be the 2nd greatest shutdown CB of all time behind Deion. Obviously not in terms of career length yet, but in terms of being the best at his peak.

Thoughts? Am I nuts?

As a Jets fan there is really nothing worse that could have happened to this team. Sad day for us.

sad day indeed, but he wasn't going to be the deciding factor in winning like 4 extra games or anything like that. The team is really terrible. They'll be slightly worse now without the island. It's not like he was playing qb for them...

He doesn't have CB speed, but I bet, given a while to learn, he could make one hell of a safety or LB.

Your blasphemy will earn you a seat in the lake of fire, sinner. :wave:

I was claiming today that Revis may be the 2nd greatest shutdown CB of all time behind Deion. Obviously not in terms of career length yet, but in terms of being the best at his peak.

Thoughts? Am I nuts?

I don't think you're nuts, he's certainly at that level. He had that one year a few years ago that was absolutely historic where he just shut all the top WRs down one after the other. I've never seen that outside of Deion before.

Shame though, we don't know if he will ever get back to what he was. Rex Ryan looked like someone shot his puppy.

I don't think you're nuts, he's certainly at that level. He had that one year a few years ago that was absolutely historic where he just shut all the top WRs down one after the other. I've never seen that outside of Deion before.

Shame though, we don't know if he will ever get back to what he was. Rex Ryan looked like someone shot his puppy.

He looked like someone punched his wife in the face in front of him and the kids.

He looked like someone punched his wife in the face in front of him and the kids.

It was Tebow, and it was a donkey punch. :wave:

As everyone has stated, his absence will really hurt the Jets D in the real world, but how badly will this affect the fantasy stats...?

I have been debating dropping the Jets D with Revis out, just not sure enough to pull the trigger. I nabbed Arizona off FA so I think I have a better option already.

I think this is what's being ignored so far. Revis may never return to the level of play that we have seen over the past few seasons. This could be the end of his total dominance at the CB position, may cut his career short, and may cost him a shot at the HOF. All of these thing s would be a shame, unless of course your a Pats/Bills fan.