Sign in to follow this  
Stifler

Who are some good buy low candidates?

I am always looking for good "buy low" candidates. I have bought low on Torrey Smith and (hopefully) Ryan Mathews so far this year.

Who are some good "buy low" candidates that you are looking at?

Matt Stafford owners may be getting to the point of bailing on him. :dunno:

I seriously like Romo as a buy low (at least in my 2qb league), McFadden, Julio, and Mathews.

HA! I own all three of them. Getting fed up with all of them, Julio is probably the one I have the most patience with.

I know he's hurt (not sure how bad just yet) but Greg Jennings is a good buy low IMO. Hez in a contract year FWIW.

I agree on Romo... the good news is that Witten is back and they will have 2 weeks to work on the WR's and the line to gel

Hillman in Denver. Looked good, probably won the backup job, might still be seen as a waste of space if someone's got him.

I have made close to a dozen trades this year already in which I have been trying to buy low each time. Well Spiller didn't come cheap but besides him most others have been buy low. I will not bore you with all of them, though many of you kept saying I was getting trade raped when in fact my team is much better after most of these deals. Here is my latest buy low

On Sunday my buddy offered me the following trade

I give Bradshaw, Bowe

I get Gore, Decker

I was selling high on Bowe (I know he may be solid the rest of the year but I had bigger plans in mind) and buying a bit high on Decker. The main point for myself was to get a RB that I knew one of my league mates would actually trade for. He already said no to Bradshaw and his poor performance this week wasn't going to change that. I trade for Gore, averaging 13.5 points per game, and Decker coming off of a game with a TD finally.

My new targets, Ryan Mathews and Julio Jones. Both of them are definite buy low candidates. So I made the following trade

I give Gore, Decker, Gonzalez

I get Mathews, Julio, Tamme

Not saying this is going to be a trade that can be made in all leagues but I am really excited to get Julio at the cost of Gore. My top 2 RB anyway were Charles and R. Bush so it's not like I was trading away one of my top 2 RB.

What's the take on Maclin's hip injury and disappearing act the other night? I still consider him to be a more complete player than DJax.. and when healthy, more reliable.

Vick looked in command of that offense the other night.. i'd be fine with more use of McCoy anyway.. more balance isn't a terrible thing.. makes sense with a RB of that caliber.

I wouldn't offer a lot for him.. but if I could pry him loose to a RB desperate team for someone like Andre Brown.. you have to figure Maclin's a good buy low target IMO.

I have made close to a dozen trades this year already in which I have been trying to buy low each time. Well Spiller didn't come cheap but besides him most others have been buy low. I will not bore you with all of them, though many of you kept saying I was getting trade raped when in fact my team is much better after most of these deals. Here is my latest buy low

On Sunday my buddy offered me the following trade

I give Bradshaw, Bowe

I get Gore, Decker

I was selling high on Bowe (I know he may be solid the rest of the year but I had bigger plans in mind) and buying a bit high on Decker. The main point for myself was to get a RB that I knew one of my league mates would actually trade for. He already said no to Bradshaw and his poor performance this week wasn't going to change that. I trade for Gore, averaging 13.5 points per game, and Decker coming off of a game with a TD finally.

My new targets, Ryan Mathews and Julio Jones. Both of them are definite buy low candidates. So I made the following trade

I give Gore, Decker, Gonzalez

I get Mathews, Julio, Tamme

Not saying this is going to be a trade that can be made in all leagues but I am really excited to get Julio at the cost of Gore. My top 2 RB anyway were Charles and R. Bush so it's not like I was trading away one of my top 2 RB.

I am considering getting Julio and think i have a good shot to get him cheap... but honestly i am not sure he is worth it. The whole reason i stayed away from him and white was that i didn't think there would be enough balls to go around and someone would be the fav. It looks like White is the fav and i don't see this changing barring injury. JJ caught 1 of 8 in wk4.. that's a bad sign.

I am considering getting Julio and think i have a good shot to get him cheap... but honestly i am not sure he is worth it. The whole reason i stayed away from him and white was that i didn't think there would be enough balls to go around and someone would be the fav. It looks like White is the fav and i don't see this changing barring injury. JJ caught 1 of 8 in wk4.. that's a bad sign.

A gross overreaction. WRs are not as steady as RBs. Even the really good ones. I'd take Calvin & Green over Julio based on similar gamebreaking plays, but with added steadiness, but Julio will get his in that offense.

White was seeing single coverage and Julio had a little hand injury. He's fine and will flat out put up some sick games in the near future. Roddy was likely a great value this year, but Julio is too big a weapon.

What we saw in the CAR game was mainly a game planning result for sure.

^this. He could have had 2 easy TDs last night. Romo overthrew him on the 1st one and he dropped the second one.

You may be right in your conclusion but the argument is suspect. Can you tell me how having an inaccurate QB and butter fingers is a recipe for "buy low"? What I saw of Romo the other night was really concerning.

A gross overreaction. WRs are not as steady as RBs. Even the really good ones. I'd take Calvin & Green over Julio based on similar gamebreaking plays, but with added steadiness, but Julio will get his in that offense.

White was seeing single coverage and Julio had a little hand injury. He's fine and will flat out put up some sick games in the near future. Roddy was likely a great value this year, but Julio is too big a weapon.

I would trade green on a high note here pretty soon. I think you can get similar production the second half of the year from a much cheaper option along with another solid piece. I would not be surprised to see green slow down like last year.

Hi might get his, but not consistently. In ffball its all about consistent production. I cant afford 15 points one game and 3 the next. he is the younger more dangerous receiving option and who's to say that teams will not continue to double him and take him out of the game. Who's to say his hand injury will not linger .. at this point he is no better the mid tier WR like Boldin, Deker, etc.. he is worth getting on the cheap if you don't have to give up much.

Hi might get his, but not consistently. In ffball its all about consistent production. I cant afford 15 points one game and 3 the next. he is the younger more dangerous receiving option and who's to say that teams will not continue to double him and take him out of the game. Who's to say his hand injury will not linger .. at this point he is no better the mid tier WR like Boldin, Deker, etc.. he is worth getting on the cheap if you don't have to give up much.

Yeah i would put megatron in the boldin decker catagory too. He hasnt been huge every game and he winced on a play. Also om brady for fitzpatrick straight up seems like a reasonable deal on both sides.

Yeah i would put megatron in the boldin decker catagory too. He hasnt been huge every game and he winced on a play. Also om brady for fitzpatrick straight up seems like a reasonable deal on both sides.

JJ is far from CJ skill level/ imapct wise, but hey.. what do i know, i am only 3-1 and 4-0 with most points in both leagues... do what you want genius.

JJ is far from CJ skill level/ imapct wise, but hey.. what do i know, i am only 3-1 and 4-0 with most points in both leagues... do what you want genius.

And Boldin/Decker are far from the JJ skill level/impact wise. So what's your point? No WR puts up stellar numbers week in, week out....just like Calvin Johnson, who's coming off a clunker. You say you can't afford 15 points one week, then 3 the next....but you can stomach the 5 Johnson just gave you?

The difference between JJ and pretty much every other WR out there is he's had two poor outing compared to their one. It happens. If teams are going to continue to gameplan for JJ, then Roddy will get his and the Falcons will continue to put up 30 points a game. Eventually defenses are going to have to adjust, and when they do JJ should benefit. If he doesn't, then y'all can start with the "I told you so's".

Gimme talented recievers on high powered passing offenses all day, and you can keep your Boldins who consistently give you single digits, with the occasional 15 pointer.

Whatever....anyway....if you have any confidence whatsoever that Hakeem Nicks returns healthy in the next week or two, you could probably snag him on the cheap right now.

Is it just me or are a lot of guys complaining about "consistency" this season? Where did the idea of consistency ever come from in FF? There may be 5 or so consistent FF players who give solid to great numbers every week of a season, and the rest will be up and down at least some.

You may be right in your conclusion but the argument is suspect. Can you tell me how having an inaccurate QB and butter fingers is a recipe for "buy low"? What I saw of Romo the other night was really concerning.

It was pretty obvious from the start of that game Tony was running for his life. The OL was an absolute joke and there was no running game to speak of. Dallas got behind early and Romo pressed.....he was trying to make plays happen because Chicago was in the lead. From 2009-2011 Romo only threw 26 INT's in 38 games so it looked as though he was done being a bad decision maker. But now with how horrible the OL is, Bad Tony looks like he's showing his face again.

I think the bye week is at a good time for Dallas. They have a couple weeks now to work some things out. The OL has to get their junk together for sure, and Romo may be in a better place afterwards because Witten is now back and will be 100% after the bye week. If the OL can come together and start giving Romo a little time, this team could turn it around in a hurry.

I would trade green on a high note here pretty soon. I think you can get similar production the second half of the year from a much cheaper option along with another solid piece. I would not be surprised to see green slow down like last year.

I just don't agree. He just POPS off the screen when you watch him play. Tall, fast, great routes, a QB who vapor locks on him and he still seems to get his every week and he's great in the RZ. Combine that with a CIN D that despite talent, gives up plenty of points. I think Green is a slam dunk for a consistent season.

That said, his late season/playoff schedule is pretty brutal:

@SD, DAL, @PHI, @ PIT weeks 13-16.. and if 17 counts for you. BAL at home, the last week of the season.

I'd ride him until then, maybe, trying to deal him when he's on a bye week 8 at the earliest.

I don't think you can compare a fading rookie WR's production with his 2nd year outlook.

Oh man you are like a fantasy god or something. 3-1?! That is the most insanely awesome record in the history of history. I mean i would be using a fantasy record like that to get some super model to look past all of my deformities if i were you.

You are the Bill gates of fantasy football. Just a freakin genius this guy is. I am being sincere bro, so please grant this one request. If you could write a fantasy football guide paving the way for me to be as great as you as ffball i would be forever greatful. Also if you could sign it so everyone knows the great crackills personally delivered a copy to me.

Everyone in all of my leagues is 0-4 with a few teams being 1-3, and i thought those owners were really good.

I just don't agree. He just POPS off the screen when you watch him play. Tall, fast, great routes, a QB who vapor locks on him and he still seems to get his every week and he's great in the RZ. Combine that with a CIN D that despite talent, gives up plenty of points. I think Green is a slam dunk for a consistent season.

That said, his late season/playoff schedule is pretty brutal:

@SD, DAL, @PHI, @ PIT weeks 13-16.. and if 17 counts for you. BAL at home, the last week of the season.

I'd ride him until then, maybe, trying to deal him when he's on a bye week 8 at the earliest.

I don't think you can compare a fading rookie WR's production with his 2nd year outlook.

Hey man i didnt think he would be this good at this point in the season, but i was wrong. I am still sticking by my guns that he will disappoint. Its not looking good for my point of view but if he does have a major slump its going to be even more of a let down now that he has been playing very good.

Hey man i didnt think he would be this good at this point in the season, but i was wrong. I am still sticking by my guns that he will disappoint. Its not looking good for my point of view but if he does have a major slump its going to be even more of a let down now that he has been playing very good.

Okay.. good luck with the prediction. But like your vehement support for Julio above, the fact is that Green is super, super talented and a physical stud. I just wouldn't give up a guy with that much ability for a cheaper option. I'd look to sell off someone else if I had a big need elsewhere. Guys like him usually get theirs even against double teams and tough secondaries. His route running is far superior to Julio's. It scary to see how slick this guy is, along with the speed, size and hands.

I have manlove dude, no doubt. I wish I had him in any league.

I also understand that people like Julio's chances in the ATL offense. But factor in Roddy and Gonzo.. versus Hawkins and Gresham.. in fact, i'd take Green over Julio in a heartbeat based on skills, consistency and even for situation, as he is by far, the main man in CIN.

BUT.. Julio's playoff schedule is much, much better.

But, to each their own. I did grab an injured Julio late last season and he's one of the reasons I got lucky and ran the table. Undeniable strength, speed and leaping ability. As he learns from Roddy, he will add refinement and be tremendous for years to come.

Green just strikes me as shockingly refined for a player with his experience level and if I was lucky to have him in a keeper or even a redraft, i'd be hard pressed to lose him. Gotta keep your studs unless forced to break your piggy bank for help elsewhere.

Greg Jennings & Kenny Britt. Both hurt and both capable of putting up top-10 numbers once healthy. Should be able to pick them up for a song at this point.

Oh man you are like a fantasy god or something. 3-1?! That is the most insanely awesome record in the history of history. I mean i would be using a fantasy record like that to get some super model to look past all of my deformities if i were you.

You are the Bill gates of fantasy football. Just a freakin genius this guy is. I am being sincere bro, so please grant this one request. If you could write a fantasy football guide paving the way for me to be as great as you as ffball i would be forever greatful. Also if you could sign it so everyone knows the great crackills personally delivered a copy to me.

Everyone in all of my leagues is 0-4 with a few teams being 1-3, and i thought those owners were really good.

don't get your panties in a bunch 'bra'. Just remember crackills is a fantasy football GOD when you cry yourself to sleep tonight on your huge pillow. Just be "greatful" there are people like me around to drop knowledge on hapless soles like yourself so you can possibly turn around your 0-4 poor excuse for a team.

.. and yes, ffball is about consistency and finding players that have the best chance to produce every week. That's why players like calvin, Green, harvin, etc who are the only true #1 top talent wrs on their teams have a much higher chance to produce weekly vs players on teams with two #1wrs like Atl. Again, players like Calvin, AJ, Harvin will have bad weeks, but i still trust them to produce on a more consistent basis then White and JJ.

This is also one of the reasons I would much rather pick up green vs JJ, even though his QB is not as good and he would come at a higher price.

But hey.. in the end, these are my speculations and opinions, do what you feel is right.

Greg Jennings & Kenny Britt. Both hurt and both capable of putting up top-10 numbers once healthy. Should be able to pick them up for a song at this point.

Might as well put H Nicks in that category as well.

Might as well put H Nicks in that category as well.

Yes, then you will have a triumverate of damaged talent.

Is SJax a buy low ? JStew ?

Sjax is a buy low if you don't mind him remaining low. Who ever said they were avoiding SJax was right. I was wrong since I endorsed him. Even in ppr I don't think he has much value. His sched is pretty damn brutal and I was lucky to trade him in both of the leagues I had him in. I was able to turn my top 3 RB in big money from R. Bush, SJax, Bradshaw into Charles, R. Bush, Mathews. I did have to sell on RG3 to make it happen (prob should have kept him with how bad Stafford is playing).

I just bought low on Demarco Murray in a package deal. He had 131 yards to start the season off against the giants on 20 attempts. This was against the giants 23rd ranked rush D at the time. Since then he has played the #2 #1 and #3 rush D's in the league. Coming off of the bye week Dallas faces 2 rushing D's in the top 10(washington both times ranked at 10)for the rest of the season....including a 3 game stretch coming up where the rushing D's are no better than 20th.

I"ll throw out Philip Rivers into the ring. He's had some tough matchups but I have a feeling that he's going to turn it up a notch starting with a juicy matchups with New Orleans.

Rivers will only face one Top 5 defense vs. the pass (Pittsburgh at 3rd) for the remainder of the season. Even Baltimore's quite vulnerable being ranked 29th vs. the pass at 295 yards allowed/game.