Sign in to follow this  
smashmouths@blf

C Lo Green

Can't stand the intro for Thursday night football. What a weird midget. Faith Hill is much better. Just sayin...

This was basically my Facebook status from a few minutes ago. I am pretty sure we should all be able to punch him in the throat.

i think i say something every time i see the gaythem....it's literally the worst piece of shite i've ever seen in relation to football....and i'm a jets fan.

i think it would be cool if the winning teams best pass rusher gets to spear c lo following each game at the 50 yard line...that would be amazing.

bring back hank & surround him by cheerleaders

Cee Lo . He's banked so much exposure out of one hit song .

And he's an egotistical asshead.

First time I'd ever heard of him was a news article, about how he believed he should be able to say "fvck you" on the radio because he's an artist. :rolleyes:

he said hit not shit

That record sold over 500000 units. Billboard top 50 for 6 months in 95 (you were probably 5 at the time). You might think it is shit, but it was definitely a hit. HTH.

i think i say something every time i see the gaythem....it's literally the worst piece of shite i've ever seen in relation to football....and i'm a jets fan.

i think it would be cool if the winning teams best pass rusher gets to spear c lo following each game at the 50 yard line...that would be amazing.

It really is. At least Hank and Faith are alright to listen to. And of course look at it, in Faith's case. But this mother dude screaming "DO YOU LOVE FOOTBALL" 20 times in a row is like nails on a chalk board. Halfway through I'm ready to say "you know what, no, I don't love it enough to deal with it this, I'm gonna watch something else."

he's an artist.

A sell out. An artist doesn't sign on to this. Cee Lo brings literally nothing to this opening. Larry the Cable Guy could do this. You just need a fat guy shouting "do you love football". He's not showing any vocal ability, he's not making any music. If this was Cee Lo's idea, he's just lazy. If he was given this pitch from NLFN and still signed off on it, he forfeits all artistic integrity.

And the NFLN actually signed off on this? Someone who makes decisions there watched this, listened to it, and said "yeah, that's what fans want to hear."....fire that man.

Or even better, how about no intro at all? I don't need to be pumped up. Just show me the ###### game.

That record sold over 500000 units. Billboard top 50 for 6 months in 95 (you were probably 5 at the time). You might think it is shit, but it was definitely a hit. HTH.

selling a lot doesn't make a song good. hth

selling a lot doesn't make a song good. hth

That has nothing to do with whether it was a "hit" or not. Reading comprehension is your friend. Try it.

That has nothing to do with whether it was a "hit" or not. Reading comprehension is your friend. Try it.

Right, but why so abrasive with your responses? Can't we all just be cool?

Cee lo is awful. Watching his intro u can fully tell even tho he didn't write it, that he knows zero about the nfl or football.

"give us all a touchdown, now let's kick off!". He's like the annoying friend that doesn't watch football, comes over and always asks "who's winning the match?".

Scrw C LO, bring Whitey back!!!!

Is that Hi Def? God I can't believe how old that looks and that was 1989, I was in high school!!

Right, but why so abrasive with your responses? Can't we all just be cool?

This whole thread is abrasive and reeks of ignorance. Cee Lo has done a lot more than just that one hit song. He's a big producer and also had another hit "Crazy" as part of Gnarls Barkley.

This whole thread is abrasive and reeks of ignorance. Cee Lo has done a lot more than just that one hit song. He's a big producer and also had another hit "Crazy" as part of Gnarls Barkley.

oooohh now I'm impressed. :doh:

he took a fockin great Ramones tune & turned into a piece of crap. Ruined it.

That sh!t doesn't deserve to be published nor is it music.

The intro didn't bother me a first, but now its really really annoying. I dont see how someone high up thought that that abortion would be alright.

A hit for the losers that made it. It didn't even make the top 100 songs of 1995.

why are you talking to me about reading comprehension?

you said it was a hit, i said it was shit as in not good. (for what its worth i was also just busting you). you replied by saying it sold X amount of records... which does nothing to change my opinion that it's not a good song hence why i said records sold =/= good :dunno: sorry if you don't like my answer, but it has nothing to do with reading comprehension.

Cee-lo was a focking sick rapper

back in the day with the Goodie Mob. He's a joke now...a very, very rich joke :)

Cee-lo was a focking sick rapper

back in the day with the Goodie Mob. He's a joke now...a very, very rich joke :)

No man... He was still shit back then. WhiteWonder says so, and he's some random racist mange bored doosh. He's right and you're wrong.

No man... He was still shit back then. WhiteWonder says so, and he's some random racist mange bored doosh. He's right and you're wrong.

I hate white people and black people equally

True, there's no point trying to fight the genius of WW. Why would anyone even try?

I've been waiting patiently for the NFL to rid itself of the stupid hillbilly music for 15 years. Not gonna happen - it just keeps growing. Hick music has now taken the Sunday night game as well. At least that stinking dirty redneck jumping around on MNF in his bib overalls is gone.

The orchestral MNF theme from the 70s and 80s was monumentally superior. I can't believe they moved away from that in favor of that hick.

I had never heard of C Lo up until the F-you song and when the wife and I started watching the voice.

At first I couldn't figure out what his deal was and between him and x-tina I liked them the least at first impressions.

After watching the show (the voice) for what is now the third season I can say I really like C-lo. He is really a hilarious guy and doesn't take himself to seriously. Yeah, he has t-rex arms but the dude is freakin hilarious and also very intelligent. 2nd season he has that big white cat like Dr. Evil, then this year a huge pink bird. He is hilarious imho and will be sad to see him leave the show after this year. He seems pretty genuine on the show and that could be either he's the real thing or good editing.

Id like to think he is the real thing no pun intended.

Fock all this fruity pop music intro crap. Just show the cheerleaders shaking their asses to dead silence for half an hour. That would get me fired up.

I don't know about silence... some elevator music to chime my rhythm to might work