Sign in to follow this  
msudavedawg

Jordy Nelson!

Another Packers' receiver bitten by injury bug

WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) will not practice Friday. May test on Saturday or Sunday. (Tom Silverstein, Twitter)

This year is just getting worst and worst with the injury bug!

per Rotoworld

Hamstrung!

:cry:

And here I thought with Jennings' injury you were going to be gold the rest of the year!

ya just saw that...sucks!!!!!!!! Def hurts Rodgers value with only cobb and jones as the #1 and #2 option...May have to roll with Fitzgerald now over nelson..Thank goodness I have WR depth :) so he can take a week off

So with Jennings and probably Nelson out this week does everyone think GB plays only two receiver sets or does D Driver become the #3 in the more three receiver sets GB likes to employ? I know Driver is a wideout like the other two but won't Cobb move into the slot? Driver could be a sneaky play this week. Long shot I know.

keeps getting better

Per Rotoworld:

Jordy Nelson - WR - Packers

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is skeptical that Jordy Nelson (hamstring) will play in Week 8.

"If it's bad enough that he can't practice during the week," says beat writer Tom Silverstein, "it's probably bad enough that he can't play." Silverstein suggests the Packers may be extra cautious after Greg Jennings suffered a multi-week setback while trying to play through a soft tissue injury. Nelson is expected to test the hamstring on Saturday or Sunday.

Just great! If he sits its either Malcom Floyd or Dwayne Bowe :shocking:

Damn....and Jordy was singing so well on one of my favorite songs from Malcom "Pink" Floyd

"Somewhere over D'wayne Bowe"

that was dumb......guess i'll go to work now lol

Awww...Are you F-ing serious!? :cry:

I can't catch a break this season. :cry:

Ditto....for me it's been....

Benson

Murray

Nelson

Oh and having my team scored upon by 100+ points more than any other in my 12 team league.

I'm pretty sure he will play this week.

That might cause it to linger.

Making Greg Jennings $$$ in about week 12 on.

Green Bay would be wise to sit Jordy this week. Jacksonville is limping into title town with a backup running back/quarterback combo. With the problems Jennings has had with his groin injury, no need to risk Jordy as well.

Green Bay would be wise to sit Jordy this week. Jacksonville is limping into title town with a backup running back/quarterback combo. With the problems Jennings has had with his groin injury, no need to risk Jordy as well.

This ^. I agree, unfortunately... :thumbsdown:

And, yeah -I saw that GB will be using Driver as a WR3 if Nelson is OUT.

I've at least got F. Jones as a FLEX player I can use - and then my WRs will be Harvin and Colston. :thumbsup:

As of now I am rolling with Fitzgerald, Avery, and Kealoha Pilares. I could pick up a better option than Pilares but I already started Blount and Vikings defense. I think this week is a loss regardless and don't want to give up on the kid that I have been trying to fit on my dynasty squad.

If it was anyone else besides Jacksonville, I probably would not care. Let's say he's great in pre-game, running 3.9 40s and cutting like a Ginsu. When they are up by 14 and Jacksonville has -8 total yards, why keep playing him? Why even start him? I'm not a coach but I play one. Why risk him? He also has some kind of starting streak going, so he might start to keep the streak going.

I don't trust this situation ad it has already cost me two moves and a trade with my shallow bench. Fist I dropped Aaron hernandez and added Lance Moore. Then I traded Dwyer and Moore for Ridley and Owenn Daniels. Then I dropped Daniels for Malcolm Floyd.

I'm jamming to Malcolm "Pink" Floyd this week.

I did jam to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" this week.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Jordy Nelson (hamstring, questionable) plans to go through pre-game warm-ups but is unlikely to play on Sunday against the Jaguars.

Nelson's hamstring tightened up in Wednesday's practice and that forced him to miss both of Thursday and Friday's sessions. Head coach Mike McCarthy is holding out hope, but after Greg Jennings returned too early with a groin issue and will now struggle to make it back this season, Green Bay could be extra cautious with Nelson. The fact that the Packers are playing the lowly Jaguars could also be a factor. Randall Cobb and James Jones should be locked into fantasy lineups. Check back in an hour or so for a final verdict.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Jordy Nelson (hamstring, questionable) plans to go through pre-game warm-ups but is unlikely to play on Sunday against the Jaguars.

Nelson's hamstring tightened up in Wednesday's practice and that forced him to miss both of Thursday and Friday's sessions. Head coach Mike McCarthy is holding out hope, but after Greg Jennings returned too early with a groin issue and will now struggle to make it back this season, Green Bay could be extra cautious with Nelson. The fact that the Packers are playing the lowly Jaguars could also be a factor. Randall Cobb and James Jones should be locked into fantasy lineups. Check back in an hour or so for a final verdict.

Hamstings are such a bich. 12 years after tearing mine i can still feel the same spot tighten up, and i was 17 when it happened! I know i know, its not the same. Just pointing to the lingering potential for hammies.

ESPN is reporting he is inactive

I could swear that I just heard the same CBS sportsline :unsure:

I'm pretty sure he will play this week.

Sorry fellas, but I guess Jordy is a NO GO this week.

weird thing happened at myfantasyleague.com, up until 15 minutes ago they had jones at 0 points today jumped to 11