Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Who's going to see it?

I cannot wait.

I go to maybe 2 or 3 movies a year at the theatre.

This will be one of those. Imax. :thumbsup:

I will go see it, but, for the life of me, I can't understand how the story can be made into 3 films. They have to have added a bunch of stuff. We know from the preview that they've at least added a love story re. Gandalf and Galadriel :thumbsdown:

I will go see it, but, for the life of me, I can't understand how the story can be made into 3 films. They have to have added a bunch of stuff. We know from the preview that they've at least added a love story re. Gandalf and Galadriel :thumbsdown:

I thought I heard it was stretched from 2 to 3 films, but I hadn't seen it for sure.

Isn't Gandalf a knob gobbler? Shouldn't the love story be with Saruman, because of his big staff?

Not going, haven't even seen one of the lord of the rings thing either, just can't get into it

if you're into reading, grab the Hobbit and give 'er a read.

if you're into reading, grab the Hobbit and give 'er a read.

I've never been into the fantasy/dungeons and dragons type stuff, maybe I'll check it out

Really? Really? Ugh...

I'll probably see it because I loved the Hobbit/LOTR books when I was growing up, but I can't possibly see how they could make three movies out of it. And Galadriel was already way too prominent in the LOTR movies -- I mean, I get that sex sells and all, but now if they are just making shiot up, that's going to suck. :thumbsdown:

but now if they are just making shiot up, that's going to suck. :thumbsdown:

I guess it's possible that there's something about a love interest in the Silmarillion or some of Tolkien's writings, but I'm still skeptical about these films.

The Hobbit is a series of three epic fantasy-adventure films directed, co-written and produced by Peter Jackson and based on J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy novel The Hobbit (1937). The films are, by subtitle, An Unexpected Journey (2012), The Desolation of Smaug (2013) and There and Back Again (2014).

Release dates

14 December 2012 (An Unexpected Journey)

13 December 2013 (The Desolation of Smaug)

18 July 2014 (There and Back Again)

:thumbsdown:

I guess it's possible that there's something about a love interest in the Silmarillion or some of Tolkien's writings, but I'm still skeptical about these films.

I was wondering about that; that would be kinda cool if true. I never read the Silmarillion; I tried when I was younger but just couldn't get into it. I suppose they could use some of the time in the movies to build up the story of the ring. :dunno:

I suppose they could use some of the time in the movies to build up the story of the ring. :dunno:

I'm sure they will do this, especially since Orlando Bloom is in the Hobbit. Unless he's playing some other elf, which seems unlikely. Legolas has no role in the Hobbit. :nono: Christ, Tolkien wrote the Hobbit 20 years before LOTR. They're not related except as Tolkien drew some threads together when he wrote LOTR (not the other way round!)

I've read somewhere that they are going to include a lot of stuff from Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales in order to push it to 3 films.

Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll go see them anyway.

, but now if they are just making shiot up, that's going to suck. :thumbsdown:

I knew what you meant, but I chuckled at this.

:D

I knew what you meant, but I chuckled at this.

:D

Making up make believe stuff... didn't even realize the irony when I typed it. :bench:

:lol:

Not a fan of the decision to make 3 movies. The Hobbit is not an overly long or complicated story, hell it's basically a kids' book. I think instead of one pretty good movie, we'll get three bloated, mediocre movies.

The Hobbit was 1 book yet it will be 3 movies?

And why would it come after LOTR's -- I guess there going for some focked up Star Wars thing.

I liked LOTR's - no interest in seeing the "Hobbit" at all. I might of had interest if they ran it in the proper order from the jump.

Not a fan of the decision to make 3 movies. The Hobbit is not an overly long or complicated story, hell it's basically a kids' book. I think instead of one pretty good movie, we'll get three bloated, mediocre movies.

acreed

The Hobbit was 1 book yet it will be 3 movies?

And why would it come after LOTR's -- I guess there going for some focked up Star Wars thing.

I liked LOTR's - no interest in seeing the "Hobbit" at all. I might of had interest if they ran it in the proper order from the jump.

The two stories are not connected except in the sense that they a few of the characters appear in both. It's not a prequel/sequel thing.

Hey nerds, did it suck to not get laid in high school?

:music_guitarred:

Wasn't too bad. I more than made up for it in my 20s and 30s. How's your wife and my kids treating you? :wave:

Wasn't too bad. I more than made up for it in my 20s and 30s. How's your wife and my kids treating you? :wave:

Send some child support money Cat lady

:banana:

Send some child support money Cat lady

I don't have any money, Surfer Boy

I don't have any money, Surfer Boy

Oh yeah, I forgot.

I already have it all

The two stories are not connected except in the sense that they a few of the characters appear in both. It's not a prequel/sequel thing.

So the "ring" appears nowhere? Gandalf ,Schmegal, Bilbo ................. It might not be a prequel in the truest sense but it is still basically a prequel and should of been made into 1 movie BEFORE LOTR's.

:nono: None of the guys here at FFtoday remained a virgin throughout high school. But some of you guys probably had to shag the fat chicks. And some of you guys even married one of them :cheers:

Didn't know it was 3 movies, fock that. Was really excited about it, will wait til cable.

:nono: None of the guys here at FFtoday remained a virgin throughout high school. But some of you guys probably had to shag the fat chicks. And some of you guys even married one of them :cheers:

I didn't have to. I WANTED to. ;)