Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Jets to try to trade Sanchez and drop Teblow

How much do you want to bet where Alex Smith ends up?

Either there or the Cardinals. - Gotta be in my book.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8763411/new-york-jets-shop-mark-sanchez-part-ways-tim-tebow-according-sources

Top o' my head - only 'true' starting QB out there right now. Nobody's picking up Hasselback.

Me? I just hope Rex Ryan ends up gone too. Perhaps D coordinator somewhere, BC he, like his Dad, blows as a HC in my view.

What an absolute mess.

Top o' my head - only 'true' starting QB out there right now. Nobody's picking up Hasselback.

Smith would be a good fit for the Jets, he needs a conservative run-first offense that needs a QB to protect the ball by making safe throws.

Vick will be starting somewhere else next year. There's a good chance Seattle shops Flynn for a trade too.

What I don't get is why the Jets traded for Tebow before the season They give him about 5 plays a game (and that's being generous), and now that they have nothing to play for and have benched their "franchise" QB, the Jets have the third stringer jump him. This is a guy that has been inactive every game except 1, and you're going to start him over a guy you traded for??

The Jets are a focking mess, an while I love seeing that dooshbag Rex Ryan crashing and burning, this whole situation still baffles me. :dunno:

What I don't get is why the Jets traded for Tebow before the season They give him about 5 plays a game (and that's being generous), and now that they have nothing to play for and have benched their "franchise" QB, the Jets have the third stringer jump him. This is a guy that has been inactive every game except 1, and you're going to start him over a guy you traded for??

The Jets are a focking mess, an while I love seeing that dooshbag Rex Ryan crashing and burning, this whole situation still baffles me. :dunno:

They cannot start Tebow, because if he played well they would look worse than they do now (if that's possible). McElroy is going to suck also, because the Jets have the worst O-Line in football. In fact I would lay odds that he does not last a game. Then, where will the Jets be?

They cannot start Tebow, because if he played well they would look worse than they do now (if that's possible).

This. Then the fans would be why didn't play him all year long.

Smith would be a good fit for the Jets, he needs a conservative run-first offense that needs a QB to protect the ball by making safe throws.

Vick will be starting somewhere else next year. There's a good chance Seattle shops Flynn for a trade too.

Where? KC? I think Vick ends up being a backup next year.

Vick will be starting somewhere else next year.

:lol: The guy sucks and can not read defenses. Where do you think he will go?

:lol: The guy sucks and can not read defenses. Where do you think he will go?

I think Vick goes to the Redskins. He will back up RG3 and be able to execute the pistol offense fairly well.

Vick ----> :bench:

I think Vick goes to the Redskins. He will back up RG3 and be able to execute the pistol offense fairly well.

Vick ----> :bench:

Interesting thought. Then they could trade Cousins to recoup some of the picks they traded to get RG3. Hmm...

Vick and Tebow should both be returning kicks next year, with the occasional appearance in a wildcat formation.

With the exception of his salary (which I thought makes it next to impossible for him to be traded), Sanchez might not be a bad guy to trade for. His weapons are TERRIBLE. Who the hell is he throwing it to and who the hell is he handing it off to? There are not many QB's with worse weapons than he has.

Plus, he could use a change of scenery that does not have the microscope and expectations of NYC.

Vick and Tebow should both be returning kicks next year, with the occasional appearance in a wildcat formation.

What are you doing out of the gum thread blow pop?

:mad:

Vick is the black Sanchez. And now that his mobility is gone, he is just a string of concussions about to happen.

They cannot start Tebow, because if he played well they would look worse than they do now (if that's possible). McElroy is going to suck also, because the Jets have the worst O-Line in football. In fact I would lay odds that he does not last a game. Then, where will the Jets be?

I dont know about the worst o line. Chicago, st louis, arizona would like to challenge you on that. Maybe GB too but i wouldnt put them as bad as the three i mentioned.

Sanchez was over drafted from the get go. He can be successful in stretches for a team that has a great running game and doesn't need to throw the ball much, but most of those teams are looking to upgrade from QBs who are no worse than Sanchez. He will bounce around as a backup like David Carr dd for a while.

No team is going to bring Vick in to be any more than cannon fodder while they groom a young QB from the bench. As a 1-2 year stopgap he might have some value but his days of starter money are over. Philly will very likely stick with Foles and bring in a vet to compete or draft another QB in the 2-4 round range.

Where? KC? I think Vick ends up being a backup next year.

I see the Bills getting him. Falls in line with what they do.

Which is exactly the kind of offense Sanchez needs. The problem is that the Jets aren't very good at executing this game plan. Their line isn't very good, as mentioned, and their backs are very average to marginal. On top of that they don't have a lot of receiving weapons when they do have to throw the ball - exacerbated by Holmes' injury this year. Sanchez is not a great QB, but partially he has been the victim of the mess that Rex and the rest of Jets' mgmt have built. And bringing in Tebow was maybe the dumbest thing they have done.

Can the Jets and Eagles merge to form one mediocre team?

The Jiggles.

They already have the right coaches, "LET'S GET A FOCKING SAMMICH!"

I wonder if a deal can be worked to have them take Flacco.... :angry:

From SI:

Adding yet another wrinkle to the story: the soon-to-be out of contract Michael Vick is one of the team’s potential replacements for Sanchez. The Daily News reports that Vick would relish the opportunity to come to New York, and quotes multiple sources within the organization saying that head coach Rex Ryan is a fan of the current Eagles signal-caller.

So Rex Ryan is a fan of failure according SI as per Wiff quote.

With the exception of his salary (which I thought makes it next to impossible for him to be traded), Sanchez might not be a bad guy to trade for. His weapons are TERRIBLE. Who the hell is he throwing it to and who the hell is he handing it off to? There are not many QB's with worse weapons than he has.

Plus, he could use a change of scenery that does not have the microscope and expectations of NYC.

Rich Eisen said this morning, and I agree: which fan base would say "yay, we got Sanchez$#@!" :dunno: