Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

NFC Championsip: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

Early line SF -2.5 @ ATL. Wonder if this will grow much. Niners will be a universal heavy favorite despite on the road.

bowel

I suspect the hype of this game to be like all of the other games Atlanta has played this year. "They got lucky..." "They're not physical enough..." "They matchup poorly..." "Insert underhanded compliment here, while openly complimenting the team that they just beat....".

Guess what? Atlanta has found a way to win 14 games this year. You can argue that their schedule has been trash, but they don't pick their opponents, they just beat them. Look, I am clearly an Atlanta fan and will have a bias towards my team. Having said that, I think it's laughable that they constantly get shyt on by most of the media and spectators. They just went up 20-0 on a team that was predicted to steamroll them. Came out stagnant in the 2nd half and tried to give the game away, but I'll blame that more on the coaching than the players. Those boys came to play yesterday, and if they ever put together a full 4 quarters, they can play with anybody.

If the Falcons lose Sunday, it'll be by less than a TD. The 9ers can be beat. Just ask the Seahawks (who we beat), the Giants (who we beat), sprinkle in a tie and a L to STL (LOL), and a loss to Minnesota. There's no question that SanFran is good, but discounting Atlanta like everyone does would be a mistake.

Niners win easily. Better coach, better defense, better ground game, possibly a better QB too. Niners by two TDs.

I want to convince myself that the NIners are great on the road, they did go into Gillette and Lambeau and win both games this season.

But that beatdown in Seattle is still hanging over my head.

F it, I'm taking the Niners, I'm taking the points.

I don't think Turner or Jizz will be able to break any runs off on that D like they did against Seattle, and the Niners can withstand a few long bombs by Ryan to White and Jones.

Unlike the Green Bay Defense, ATL is great against the run. Contained Lynch and that option game relatively well. Plus, after Kaep's big game and Wilson's big rushing day, it's safe to say Kaep won't get 100+ rushing against them.

23-17 Niners.

I think...

F it, I'm taking the Niners, I'm taking the points

I want 49ers and the points too!!! double your bet if u get it and let me know :)

I want to convince myself that the NIners are great on the road, they did go into Gillette and Lambeau and win both games this season.

But that beatdown in Seattle is still hanging over my head.

F it, I'm taking the Niners, I'm taking the points.

I don't think Turner or Jizz will be able to break any runs off on that D like they did against Seattle, and the Niners can withstand a few long bombs by Ryan to White and Jones.

Unlike the Green Bay Defense, ATL is great against the run. Contained Lynch and that option game relatively well. Plus, after Kaep's big game and Wilson's big rushing day, it's safe to say Kaep won't get 100+ rushing against them.

23-17 Niners.

I think...

This has to contend for post of the year...a rollercoaster of contradictions with straight up confusion, causing one to scratch their head as to which side you really on, till the final score drops! One can only assume you mean 9ers 23 and falcons 17, but it'd only be an assumption.

Thank you kindly for this gem!

This has to contend for post of the year...a rollercoaster of contradictions with straight up confusion, causing one to scratch their head as to which side you really on, till the final score drops! One can only assume you mean 9ers 23 and falcons 17, but it'd only be an assumption.

Thank you kindly for this gem!

Gambling is so damn hard when your favorite team is involved.

Hard to put things in perspective.

But...thanks!

Gambling is so damn hard when your favorite team is involved.

Hard to put things in perspective.

But...thanks!

So you a 9ers fan or falcons? I'm still really confused!!!

Atlanta has to be one of the weaker teams to host an NFC Championship game that I can ever recall. Seattle spotted them 20 with Pete Carroll's stupidy and they still had to go down to the wire to pull one out of their asses......... For a pretty solid regular season team - they really aren't dominant at any one thing, nor do they strike fear in opposing offenses. They will need a few Seattle type blunders to pull this one out.

San Fran 30

Atlanta 20

So you a 9ers fan or falcons? I'm still really confused!!!

niners.

But I go like the do the dirty bird. Jamal Anderson style.

Niners by 14-17 they will wear down the falcons like they did the Packers, and I believe the Pack have a better Qb and Wrs.

I can't see ATL being able to run on what IMO is the leagues best D. But SF will need to play only 7 in the box so maybe they break a few. Matt Ryan is no Aaron Rodgers but AR doesn't have Julio and White either.

3 keys to the game IMO

A. Can SF front 4 get pressure alone?

B. Can ATL stuff SF's running game or at least hold them under 150 as a team?

C. Can SF's DB's contain ATL's passing to 275 or less yards?

My call is 27 - 14 SF.

Vegas is trying to get everyone to bet on Atlanta -- guess what ussualy happens?

Atl home dominance can't be overlooked but I don't see how they can beat 9ers, unless Kap has a huge meltdown, which is feasible considering his lack o experience and the magnitude of the game...

Niners aren't gonna let what happened to them last year in the NFC title game this year. I'll take the 49ers minus the points.

San Francisco 49ers- 34

Atlanta Falcons- 28

Seahawks TE Zach Miller tore up the Falcons D last week. Harbaugh's smart enough to incorporate that aspect into the gameplan. Falcons may figure it'll be Vernon Davis ,who's disappeared most of the year but still dangerous, but the wildcard could be Delanie Walker. Look for LeMichael James to have several plays in the redzone to get him in space then use his speed to score. Yeah,Yeah,Yeah, I've heard all week they plan to put a spy on Kaepernick. Pffft, ain't gonna help, Kaep seems to have enough physical ability to deal with a spy. If the defense gets after Ryan could be a long afternoon for the Falcons.

Niners aren't gonna let what happened to them last year in the NFC title game this year.

Kyle Williams ain't fielding punts? :banana:

Atlanta homer here and personally, I think SF beats their a$$ if Abraham isnt healthy enough to play. SF and SEA are very similar teams and ATL handled SEA with no problems until Abraham got hurt.

The biggest difference I see is that Harbaugh is not an idiot like Carrol and they are not in a new position, having been here last year. They tasted defeat in a game they should have won and will be motivated in a big way. Also, SF can get to the QB!

On the other side, this is Gonzalez last game and last chance at a ring. I expect his team mates to play their asses off, but without anyone to keep Cap in the pocket, it will be a long game, much like the 2nd half of the SEA game

pretty much everyone thinks SF will win this game.

But ATL as a home underdog... hmmmm.

I wonder how home underdogs have performed in the NFL Playoffs. How many home dogs have there been? Ever a home dog in a Div. Championship game?

Ryan > Kap

Atl beats SF...

I hope so.

But this QB equation didn't work so well for Manning > Flacco or Rodgers > Kap.

i don't think atl will be able to run against the 9ers d. SF will only be able to contain 2 of the 3 receivers. i say give up the middle to gonzo and lock down jones/white. plus i think our pass rush will be more effective than sea vs atl.

offensively, SF won't catch atl by surprise like they did with gb (by running kap to that degree), but he still presents serious challenges for defenses because he can actually throw accurately. i think gore is the key again= will set up play action and if they over-commit to gore on the run option kap will be in for another big day running.

biggest question is how kap does on the road (noise). i just hope he doesn't make any novice mistakes that are insurmountable.

Jay Cutler

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

:dunno:

One thing you can compare is that it is easy to say atl is better than chicago and new orleans. As a team. Not so sure about NE or GB. It doesn't work to compare qb's like that. And it doesn't work to compare reg season wins either. For example it doesn't. matter that seattle beat SF and atl beat seattle. I'm hoping for a good showing from atlanta and more focus and error free football like they had during the reg season. They dont do that and they will lose. Seattle made a lot of mistakes to help the falcons. I want a close game.

pretty much everyone thinks SF will win this game.

But ATL as a home underdog... hmmmm.

I wonder how home underdogs have performed in the NFL Playoffs. How many home dogs have there been? Ever a home dog in a Div. Championship game?

49ers haven't won a road playoff game in 24 years :o

The team's last postseason win outside of Candlestick Park dates all the way back to Jan. 1989, when Joe Montana guided San Francisco to a 28-3 victory over the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field

This year's 49ers are 5-3 on the road