Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Basic Talent You Wish You Had

For me, whistling. I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.

Guys my Dad's age could do entire melodies and whatnot. Gene Kelly was a brilliant whistler. So cool.

But even last night, some broad was able to do the whole fingers in the mouth thing and whistle REALLY loud during the Nuggets game. . I felt demasculated. :(

Seems like I should be able to do this. But, like many things in life, I suck at it. :(

For me, whistling.

That's the first thing I thought of :doublethumbsup:

:unsure: Yous dont know how to whistle? I can whistle with my forskin. :unsure:

:unsure: Yous dont know how to whistle? I can whistle with my forskin. :unsure:

So you blow into your nethers?? :unsure:

Taking a bottle cap off with a lighter or what have you. Just never been able to master it. :(

Taking a bottle cap off with a lighter or what jave you. Just never been able to master it. :(

Good one also :thumbsup:

I have mastered the art of taking off the bottle cap by putting it on the edge of a table and slamming my hand on the top to get it off. :headbanger:

On a very related note, I have also mastered the art of getting glass shards in my beer.

some broad was able to do the whole fingers in the mouth thing and whistle REALLY loud during the Nuggets game. . I felt demasculated. :(

That I've never done, but I'm thinking it must be possible. Just need to explore it.

Can you not whistle at all though?

I don't think it's lack of capability. If you have lips, can pucker them, and your tongue is pliable, you should be able to whistle.

Taking a bottle cap off with a lighter or what jave you. Just never been able to master it. :(

I can do that one... I can also use the edge of a countertop, too.

Add me to the group that can't whistle worth a damn. :thumbsdown:

That I've never done, but I'm thinking it must be possible. Just need to explore it.

Can you not whistle at all though?

I don't think it's lack of capability. If you have lips, can pucker them, and your tongue is pliable, you should be able to whistle.

First: You're giving me a bit of a stiffy. :wub:

Second: I can do the basics. Curl the tongue under (like you'd call a cab) and/or the most basic :o whistle, but nothing COOL, ya know?

+1 in the can't whistle crew. :cry:

I can open beer bottles with my wedding ring though. :cheers:

I used to be able to play the piano in my youth. Kinda wish I still could. :(

For me, whistling. I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.

Guys my Dad's age could do entire melodies and whatnot. Gene Kelly was a brilliant whistler. So cool.

But even last night, some broad was able to do the whole fingers in the mouth thing and whistle REALLY loud during the Nuggets game. . I felt demasculated. :(

Seems like I should be able to do this. But, like many things in life, I suck at it. :(

Just put yer lips together and blow :unsure:

haha.....I greatly learned how to whistle mimicking Joe Satriani Tunes....no joke. :headbanger:

Playing a guitar

I'll teach you how to play guitar if you teach me to whistle?

I used to be able to play the piano in my youth. Kinda wish I still could. :(

I'll second playing the piano. We own a decent one, wish I knew how to play it.

Playing a guitar

Playing guitar is a basic talent? :wacko:

Playing guitar is a basic talent? :wacko:

Any grease monkey ... I mean ... only really smart and creative people can play guitar.

Hey sux ... see my new thread.

Taking a bottle cap off with a lighter or what have you. Just never been able to master it. :(

The key is to have a solid base with your left hand. Very strong grip. Have it millimeters below the cap and put the bottom of the lighter at a 40 degree angle upwards and pop it.

Whistling is nothing more than using your thumb and fawk you finger pinched together against the bottom of your tongue an inch into your mouth.

I was taught how to do both by a fat chick we called Janet The Planet. She also taught me how to drive stick and roll a fatty at the same time.

He's lying.

It's easy. Anyone can learn that. It's all leverage.

You cradle the lighter in your knuckle, makes a great fulcrum, hook the bottom of the lighter on the lip of the bottle cap, and then .... using centrificle force, raise your shoulders and yell out ... "Wooopdooley shooop!" and jump up and down.

You'll get it.

I wish I was REALLY flexible.

:banana:

Having difficulties getting low enough to the ground? Just pick them up. :dunno:

...I wish I could save money.

Eventually, you wont hafta say "woop doobley shoop" anymore, but trust me ... it helps at first.

Having difficulties getting low enough to the ground? Just pick them up. :dunno:

...I wish I could save money.

Yer sick and perverted.

Never been able to touch my toes. My past physical therapist said I had the "tightest hamstrings" she had "ever seen". Makes me fast, and I never blew out a hamstring ... quick twitch ... also makes my lower back tight. Beeing quick on my feet hasn't helped since a couple years ago when I almost stepped on a rattlesnake.

Dude, that was serious adrenaline though.

I heard it SHHHHHKKKSSHHHH! and there is a watering system for the plants, but it was coming from behind me, I looked over my shoulder, saw a coiled up 4 foot rattlesnake (tan color) and I was bare ankled wearing flip flops ...

I became airborne in a split second, and I did this crazy ninja flip of my right leg in mid air that landed me like 6 feet away. 6 foot 1, 215 pounds. Quick twitch.

I originally messed up my back, LITERALLY picking up 2 girls.

Big breasted girls, friends of mine and my ride home. I was so happy to see them, I hugged them both, and lifted 240 plus pounds of girls off the ground ... not only focked up my back, broke my fibula when I twisted my ankle.

Not my best night. Made it home without puking.

Dad's side: Roger's Rangers .... Marauders during the Revolutionary War. Fought for the Queen. Massacred people.

Mom's side: Adam and Andrew Poe. Indian fighters of the West. Massacred people.

So, it's in my blood ... to lay waste to motherfockers that get in my way.

I am the last person on this planet, you want pissed off at you. I can be ... evil. You wont see me coming or going.

Quit trying GFIAFP, Bunny won this thread with the simple addition of Janet the Planet to hs story. It's over.

Hand writing that doesn't look like pencils taped to a rooster's feet.