Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

What was the first "rented" movie you ever saw?

Mine was when we first got our VHS in 84 and I believe the movie was "TANK" I know I was like 10 or 11 and everyone wanted to come over to watch it.

I might of watched something earlier on Beta but I can't remember - that was the first I remember watching.

Police Academy 1

My buddy's parents got a Betamax pretty early on. We watched 'The Jerk' and 'Hollywood Knights' so many times we wore out the tapes. I haven't seen 'Hollywood Knights' in 20 years and I would bet I can still do 80% of the movie from memory.

I have never rented a movie.

Still wondering whether Betamax is just a fad huh? well it was VHS was the best one to go with -- sorry forgot to throw a spoiler in there.

Have you upgraded you TV from that Giant wooden Zenith (with the 20" screen)that gets 25 channels yet?

To answer the question, I have no idea, I can't remember back that far. Maybe ET?

Still wondering whether Betamax is just a fad huh? well it was VHS was the best one to go with -- sorry forgot to throw a spoiler in there.

Have you upgraded you TV from that Giant wooden Zenith (with the 20" screen)that gets 25 channels yet?

He calls them "talkies". :thumbsup:

I have never rented a movie.

I'm quite sure that your 1953 Zenith cabinet TV doesn't have auxiliary outputs for new-fangled ideas like a VCR.

I rented a pron movie and a Beatles documentary I remember because vcr's were just coming out and the local video store got $75 for a membership and $50 for a one night vcr rental with a $100 deposit.

Rocky II on beta. I know this because it jammed in the player and i had to take both back to the video store to get it repaired and to return the tape.

Rocky II on beta. I know this because it jammed in the player and i had to take both back to the video store to get it repaired and to return the tape.

I got a pron vid stuck in my VCR once. I was too embarrassed to bring it back to the video store to have them extract it (I don't know why...I wasn't too embarrassed to rent the video in the first place), so I ended up doing it myself. The video was fine, but the VCR was destroyed. I had to buy a new one, and this was when they cost like 300 bucks.

I got a pron vid stuck in my VCR once. I was too embarrassed to bring it back to the video store to have them extract it (I don't know why...I wasn't too embarrassed to rent the video in the first place), so I ended up doing it myself. The video was fine, but the VCR was destroyed. I had to buy a new one, and this was when they cost like 300 bucks.

Was this the TV?

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/prisoners-dilemma.html?curPhoto=3

I remember when they were so expensive -- just like Microwaves were -- damn I am that old that I remember whehn Microwaves were something brand new.

My buddy's parents got a Betamax pretty early on. We watched 'The Jerk' and 'Hollywood Knights' so many times we wore out the tapes. I haven't seen 'Hollywood Knights' in 20 years and I would bet I can still do 80% of the movie from memory.

"Lawrence. Lawrence of Arabia. They came to fight the Turkish."

What's the History of "Movie Rentals"? ......what year would that be exactly?

Then I might be able to tell you. :)

My mom explained the situation to me. There would be hundreds and hundreds of films about almost anything I wanted to watch, and I got to make the choice. An 8 year old Falcon only cared about one thing at that time, and lets just say the mission was accomplished.

That very evening I enjoyed the piece of art known as American Ninja, starring Michael Dudkikof. My only regret was not seeing it in the theater instead.

"Lawrence. Lawrence of Arabia. They came to fight the Turkish."

"He's an English guy!"

For me it was "Rented 4: The Landlord's Revenge". I know it was supposed to be a mindless romp, but I was still pretty lost not having seen the first three. For example, I know that Hoagie and Max were supposedly college students, but I don't see how that was possible when they were constantly broke and drunk and/or high. Plus, they hardly ever made an effort to even go to class, especially after taking in that mischievous stray dog. :dunno:

I haven't seen 'Hollywood Knights' in 20 years and I would bet I can still do 80% of the movie from memory.

I bought it on DVD,love that movie.

"Newbomb did you cvm?"

"just a little."

We rented three...I have no idea how/why I remember this, but I do:

Man From Snowy River (my mom wanted to see that one)

Superman II

Runaway (I think that's what it was called. Tom Selleck was a cop in it; Gene Simmons was the bad guy)

I bought it on DVD,love that movie.

"Newbomb did you cvm?"

"just a little."

"Hey Little Red Riding Hood, wanna get eaten by the big, bad wolf?"

"Fock You Newbomb!"

I remember, I remember all of it.

THat is from Red Dawn when Swayze was crying after his dad was telling him why he was so tough on him and his brother growing up.

Rocky 1

Top Gun. I was around 11.Friend told me there was nudity. His definition of nudity and mine were different.

Top Gun. I was around 11.Friend told me there was nudity. His definition of nudity and mine were different.

Hoping for a Tom Cruise full frontal?

"Hey Little Red Riding Hood, wanna get eaten by the big, bad wolf?"

"Fock You Newbomb!"

" Hey man......... Don't drink the punch.

Slutwhore: Officer....does this punch taste funny?

Officer: It's got a little wang to it.