Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Must be Fall Groundhog Day, as the SF fans are popping up out of their holes after a two week hibernation to lick their wounds. And ass.

Let's look at this week's game, after a Week 3 almost bye week.

Yeah, it's bad news that our line is beat up, including the only 2 good linemen in Unger and Okung, and the servicable Giacomini. But, we did claim that our offensive line group was much deeper this year, so the drop off to our backups might not be so cavernous. Bowie and Bailey looked terrific in the preseason, and looked good last week, so plug them in. The offense will get some points on the board; the only question is how many. Houston is a very solid team, somewhat a mirror image. They want to run the ball as much as possible and play solid defense. However, Andre Johnson is gimpy, so as impressive of a WR as he is, how much damage can he really do vs this secondary if he can't get off the line at the snap? One marked improvement this year is covering the opposing TE's, as they tended to run wild on us the past few years, so Owen Daniels will have to be accounted for but our LBs are fast. As much as the OL is banged up, the opposite has happened on the DL. Carolina was able to run a bit on the defense Week One, but since then, we've seen the returns of Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, Clint McDonald, and possibly this week the debut of Jordan Hill. Taking out the rushing stats of Newton and Kaepernick, since Schaub isn't going to be running, the defense is giving up around 2.5 yards per rush, which is outstanding and important when facing the Texans. For some reason, since Houston became a contending team, they own very few premier wins over good teams at their stadium. It's as if they just can't get footing to challenge and win vs the league's best teams. So, I'm hoping that carries over. Houston's best offensive weapon and biggest hope to move the ball vs the NFL's top statistical and otherwise defense is the crossing route, send floods of receivers to zig zag, getting some rubs to get WRs open, which Schaub can hit, as he is an accurate passer on the crosses. But, that will present many, many opportunities to pick him off by a defender the QB didn't see; Schaub has thrown 3 pick 6s this year. Houston will pressure Wilson and get some sacks, but Wilson will scramble and hit some big plays. Seattle has won 5 of their last 6 road games, and I'm just hoping for a split between here and next week at Indy. Today begins a stretch of 4 out of 5 games on the road. In interviews given last week, the defense was legitimately pissed off that they allowed so much production to Jax when the game got out of hand because they started getting sloppy and blowing coverages. I'm thinking the defense has a really good day and slows down the somewhat predictable Houston offense with a hobbling Andre Johnson. Houston has had repeated breakdowns on special teams, so don't take a piss break until the game actually goes to commercial.

I'm feeling a Seattle 20-12 win.

Philly

You sound like a guy who just lost money betting against the 9ers.

You can wash your hanky now

Philly

You sound like a guy who just lost money betting against the 9ers.

You can wash your hanky now

Yep. Granted, I put a nickel on Seattle vs San Fran and a nickel on Indy vs San Fran, and both of those cashed, but, yes indeed, I lost 20 bucks on Thursday by squandering one of my picks in my Suicide Pool because I didn't like the game enough to bet on it but wanted some silly action on it.

So, clearly I'm crying about it.

Let's look at this week's game, after a Week 3 almost bye week.

Yeah, it's bad news that our line is beat up, including the only 2 good linemen in Unger and Okung, and the servicable Giacomini. But, we did claim that our offensive line group was much deeper this year, so the drop off to our backups might not be so cavernous. Bowie and Bailey looked terrific in the preseason, and looked good last week, so plug them in. The offense will get some points on the board; the only question is how many. Houston is a very solid team, somewhat a mirror image. They want to run the ball as much as possible and play solid defense. However, Andre Johnson is gimpy, so as impressive of a WR as he is, how much damage can he really do vs this secondary if he can't get off the line at the snap? One marked improvement this year is covering the opposing TE's, as they tended to run wild on us the past few years, so Owen Daniels will have to be accounted for but our LBs are fast. As much as the OL is banged up, the opposite has happened on the DL. Carolina was able to run a bit on the defense Week One, but since then, we've seen the returns of Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, Clint McDonald, and possibly this week the debut of Jordan Hill. Taking out the rushing stats of Newton and Kaepernick, since Schaub isn't going to be running, the defense is giving up around 2.5 yards per rush, which is outstanding and important when facing the Texans. For some reason, since Houston became a contending team, they own very few premier wins over good teams at their stadium. It's as if they just can't get footing to challenge and win vs the league's best teams. So, I'm hoping that carries over. Houston's best offensive weapon and biggest hope to move the ball vs the NFL's top statistical and otherwise defense is the crossing route, send floods of receivers to zig zag, getting some rubs to get WRs open, which Schaub can hit, as he is an accurate passer on the crosses. But, that will present many, many opportunities to pick him off by a defender the QB didn't see; Schaub has thrown 3 pick 6s this year. Houston will pressure Wilson and get some sacks, but Wilson will scramble and hit some big plays. Seattle has won 5 of their last 6 road games, and I'm just hoping for a split between here and next week at Indy. Today begins a stretch of 4 out of 5 games on the road. In interviews given last week, the defense was legitimately pissed off that they allowed so much production to Jax when the game got out of hand because they started getting sloppy and blowing coverages. I'm thinking the defense has a really good day and slows down the somewhat predictable Houston offense with a hobbling Andre Johnson. Houston has had repeated breakdowns on special teams, so don't take a piss break until the game actually goes to commercial.

I'm feeling a Seattle 20-12 win.

Houston homer here, and I must say, that's a pretty good analysis of the game. I see the same thing, a low scoring game, but I'm hoping for a different outcome of course.

We did kick the Ravens' a**es last season, and we also beat the Broncos in their stadium... so we can beat the premiere teams. We do have problems, though, going up against the elite QBs that can read our defense and make accurate throws to beat our man coverage.

Teams are struggling to run against us, so I'm hoping we'll be able to contain Lynch. Expect to see alot of blitzes up the middle from Cushing, with our ends simply playing contain to keep Wilson in the pocket. If you guys can pick up the blitz (which teams have been doing easily), then there will be lots of opportunities for big plays down the field as they'll mostly be in man coverage. This is where we're hoping Ed Reed will help our team, but he looked rusty last week.

On offense, we do like to run the ball, then run it some more. But for this game, I'm actually expecting Kubiak to come out of the gates passing. I'd expect to see alot of bunch and stacked formations to beat Seattle's man coverage.

I think it will be a tight close battle and whoever makes the 1 or 2 big plays in this game will win. I'm predicting whichever defense/special teams scores the most will win this game.

Houston homer here, and I must say, that's a pretty good analysis of the game. I see the same thing, a low scoring game, but I'm hoping for a different outcome of course.

We did kick the Ravens' a**es last season, and we also beat the Broncos in their stadium... so we can beat the premiere teams. We do have problems, though, going up against the elite QBs that can read our defense and make accurate throws to beat our man coverage.

Teams are struggling to run against us, so I'm hoping we'll be able to contain Lynch. Expect to see alot of blitzes up the middle from Cushing, with our ends simply playing contain to keep Wilson in the pocket. If you guys can pick up the blitz (which teams have been doing easily), then there will be lots of opportunities for big plays down the field as they'll mostly be in man coverage. This is where we're hoping Ed Reed will help our team, but he looked rusty last week.

On offense, we do like to run the ball, then run it some more. But for this game, I'm actually expecting Kubiak to come out of the gates passing. I'd expect to see alot of bunch and stacked formations to beat Seattle's man coverage.

I think it will be a tight close battle and whoever makes the 1 or 2 big plays in this game will win. I'm predicting whichever defense/special teams scores the most will win this game.

Let's see an injury free game. :cheers:

Let's see an injury free game. :cheers:

Injury free might be the best we can hope for the way things are going so far. Down 14-3 and getting worked on both sides of the ball. Who would've thought having a healthy o-line was important?

After a 2 minute warning timeout.

That's the call you come up with? :doh:

THAT WAS A BAD PLAY !

So much for injury free. Scary neck type injury to DE/DT M.Bennett. Carried out on a stretcher.

Yeah, that is scary there. No one wants those types of injuries.

They gotta keep blitzing Schaub. Send everyone. If we get burned on the run, so be it. The only time we look good is when he's running for his life.

I have nothing helpful to add here. The alcohol is flowing freely now, much too freely. Fock.

Well, I was hoping for a split in these next two games...

Yuck. Wilson needs to get his head out of his d!ckhole and have a whale of a 2nd half.

Like every NFL team, they're not as good as their last home win or as bad as their last road loss.

Ass puckering time. 20-13. Gonna be an interesting finish.

Seriously, what the fock? It's Atlanta all over again. Sleep walking in the first half of an early start game. Then Wilson is playing like his hair is on fire in the 2nd half. Bad habits.

Richard. Focking. Sherman. Enough. Said. Wut. Wut.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Overtime, b!tches.

You know, as soon as I typed that, I felt like screaming "Wildcard!!" and throwing myself out the back of a van. Charlie rules.

:banana:

Pass interference on a pass thrown 10 yards outside the field of play. Are you focking kidding me?

Would I accept a tie at this point? Yeah, I think I might. Houston has outplayed Seattle by a wide margin in this game. Yeah, I think I might. Winning this game would be stealing a game in every sense of the word.

Pass interference on a pass thrown 10 yards outside the field of play. Are you focking kidding me?

That's the same thing I said. Totally uncatchable pass.

Sh!t call.

That roughness call was stupid too. Is he just supposed to let the guy go? It's on the stupid refs to blow the play dead IMO

The NFL is calling way too many roughness calls for solid tackling. The league is playing into the lawsuits and pussification of America.

HELL YEAH!!! What a comeback. Did not expect that at the half. Needed a big road win toget the monkey off the Hawk's back.

And I keep socking away money for the Super Bowl, since it's within a quick 2 hour driving distance. Maybe, just maybe, my team can play in a Superbowl that I can drive to.

Holy. Fock. I feel like Seth Rogen in It's The End and the world has just gone sideways.

The Seahawks are the real deal.

Oh, yeah. Texans scored all of their points in the 2nd quarter. Meaning, after the halftime speeches and adjustments, the Texans never scored again. Never. Seattle got outstatted, but that is a hell of a stat.

Well, bring on Indy. Arizona and SF still trail us by 2 games, and the Rams seem to be buried at this point.

It's like the Atlanta game, but we won this time.

Fock you Gus Bradley and your zone.

Progress. :banana: