Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Which of these WR will jump into the top 20?

I think winning your league has to do with finding the stud in the later part of the draft. Which WR do you see jumping into the top 20?

32. T.Y. Hilton IND 8

33 Anquan Boldin SF 9

34 Miles Austin DAL 11

35 Mike Williams TB 5

36 Greg Jennings MIN 5

37 Kenny Britt TEN 8

38 Golden Tate SEA 12

39 Vincent Brown SD 8

40 Michael Floyd ARI 9

41 Denarius Moore OAK 7

42 Josh Gordon CLE 10

I like Golden Tate this year considering Percy Harvin is out until at least week 13. I think he could be someone to step up this year for them. I also think Greg Jennings and/or Josh Gordon could be in the top 20 but both them are dependent upon quarterback play.

Gordon has those most talent but he's a head case. Rate has been getting a ton of hype. This group all has potential but I'm sure only 1 or 2 of them will jump to the top 20 it's are job figuring out which one .

Miles Austin no doubt. In a down year he finished with 943 receiving and 6 TDs. Assuming he's healthy I'd call that the floor with 1,100+ receiving and 8-10 TDs a strong possibility - very good production for his ADP.

T.Y. Hilton IND 8 Loads of talent, but Arians is gone and could see a slight regression even if he beats out DHB.
Anquan Boldin SF 9 Tough for a possession receiver to break into top 20 without a ton of targets, and SF is still a run first team. Don't believe Boldin will see the targets that Crabtree did last year, especially if Collie stays healthy and takes #2 job, which is still a big "if" though.
Miles Austin DAL 11 Still 3rd in the pecking order, would take an injury to Dez to move into top 20.
Mike Williams TB 5 About as steady as they come and has never broke a 1k yards, but he is consistent so it's hard to see a statistic jump in '13.
Greg Jennings MIN 5 Ponder and Cassel are his QBs, enough said. Team passing yards may not break 3k.

Kenny Britt TEN 8 Talent is there, consistent QB is not.
Golden Tate SEA 12 Again, great talent on a run first team, but may not get enough opportunities even with Percy out, but probably the most likely from your list to make the jump.
Vincent Brown SD 8 Chargers will be behind a lot, and someone has to catch the passes, but health concerns and QB play make it hard to see Brown making the jump into the top 20.
Michael Floyd ARI 9 Will improve greatly, but not enough to jump into the top 20 yet.
Denarius Moore OAK 7 Um, no. Couldn't get it done w/ Palmer. Now has noodle arm Flynn.
Josh Gordon CLE 10 Missing first 2 games may cost him his shot at top 20, but has the skills. I'm higher on Greg Little this year personally.

My choice to jump into the top 20 (and likely higher): Antonio Brown

• Like 1

T.Y. Hilton IND 8 Loads of talent, but Arians is gone and could see a slight regression even if he beats out DHB.

Anquan Boldin SF 9 Tough for a possession receiver to break into top 20 without a ton of targets, and SF is still a run first team. Don't believe Boldin will see the targets that Crabtree did last year, especially if Collie stays healthy and takes #2 job, which is still a big "if" though.

Miles Austin DAL 11 Still 3rd in the pecking order, would take an injury to Dez to move into top 20.

Mike Williams TB 5 About as steady as they come and has never broke a 1k yards, but he is consistent so it's hard to see a statistic jump in '13.

Greg Jennings MIN 5 Ponder and Cassel are his QBs, enough said. Team passing yards may not break 3k.

Kenny Britt TEN 8 Talent is there, consistent QB is not.

Golden Tate SEA 12 Again, great talent on a run first team, but may not get enough opportunities even with Percy out, but probably the most likely from your list to make the jump.

Vincent Brown SD 8 Chargers will be behind a lot, and someone has to catch the passes, but health concerns and QB play make it hard to see Brown making the jump into the top 20.

Michael Floyd ARI 9 Will improve greatly, but not enough to jump into the top 20 yet.

Denarius Moore OAK 7 Um, no. Couldn't get it done w/ Palmer. Now has noodle arm Flynn.

Josh Gordon CLE 10 Missing first 2 games may cost him his shot at top 20, but has the skills. I'm higher on Greg Little this year personally.

My choice to jump into the top 20 (and likely higher): Antonio Brown

Nice analysis and I agree with your conclusion.

Of the original list, I like the guys with the most talent: Britt and Gordon.

Austin,Ant. Brown(although the catches will be there, dunno about tds)

Austin,Ant. Brown(although the catches will be there, dunno about tds)

Antionio brown wasnt a listed option, unless you were just throwing out a name. If thats the case i am going calvin johnson.

Austin is the one guy I don't like. He never stays healthy and even if he does there are to many mouths to feed. Unless you think romo is gonna throw 40 TDs which I doubt if Murray steals a few and we all believe Dez does what does should do then I don't see how Austin can have great numbers. Then again we've seen Fitz and Boldin throw up great numbers together. If that's the case romo is gonna have a monster year.

Britt, contract year. I also like Boldin and Torrey Smith

TY Hilton- It won't take much more time for it to be clear that he is a much better player than DHB. Here is a blurb from Rotoworld which I think best states the case for a statistical leap this year:

Hilton was the clear-cut No. 3 wideout as a rookie, drawing just 90 targets compared to 124 for Donnie Avery. He also dropped 12 catchable balls. Still, Hilton posted a 50/861/7 line, showing unique long speed and jukes after the catch. With Reggie Wayne slowing down in the second half and only Darrius Heyward-Bey replacing the departed Avery, Hilton is a major breakout candidate.

I believe Anquan Boldin is gonna finish very high this year. Good offense with a good running game and a good Qb. He is the undisputed #1 Wr on the team

Well Mike Williams doesn't need to jump b/c he finished there last year.

This

This

That's part of why he still seems like a big value this year--he's being drafted in the 30s. No brainer pick given his past success.

I lean towards Greg Jennings because if healthy he is still a great route runner and has a lot of talent. He'll be 30 on opening day, but 30 for a WR isn't the death knell it is for an RB.

The Vikes have made it clear that if Ponder continues to be only marginally better than Mark Sanchez they will bench him and start someone else. Stevie Johnson was able to put together some decent fantasy seasons despite being stuck with Fitzpatrick and having a stud RB, sound familiar? I think Ponder is closer to Fitzpatrick than Mark Sanchez, so in the current NFL he should be able to get at least some stats passing the ball. Even Timmy Tebow was able to get a fantasy viable WR on the Broncos. Sure Peyton obviously did much more with them and maximized their talent, but Eric Decker iirc was a solid fantasy contributor with Tebow.

The QB analysis is simple. If X>Mark Sanchez then Y can be fantasy relevant. I propose in this case, X, being Ponder, is indeed greater, so Y, Greg Jennings, will be usable as a WR2 possibly.

That's part of why he still seems like a big value this year--he's being drafted in the 30s. No brainer pick given his past success.

Yeah, if you are lucky enough to play with people that either don't realize his past success, or write it off because he is the #2, then you can definitely get a steal of a deal on a top end #2 FF WR.

VBrown is also a popular pick as a breakout WR in SD this year, especially with DX out of the picture now...

Though part of me is keeping an eye on Eddie Royal to see if he makes the final roster in SD....

• Like 1

Although I didn't see him on your list I nominate Cecil Shorts who is in this late range of picks. In standard leagues Cecil was 7th in fpg's (Fantasy Points per Game) at 11.9. Couple the concussion prone Shorts with a later pick of Blackmon and it looks like you could get WR2 value for the whole year with a combination of round 7-8 and 9-10 picks.

Miles Austin no doubt. In a down year he finished with 943 receiving and 6 TDs. Assuming he's healthy I'd call that the floor with 1,100+ receiving and 8-10 TDs a strong possibility - very good production for his ADP.

This. Plus it appears that The idiot Dez may have his head screwed on straight and should pull coverage. With the 90 year old DC I think Dallas is going to be behind alot as well.

I think winning your league has to do with finding the stud in the later part of the draft. Which WR do you see jumping into the top 20?

32. T.Y. Hilton IND 8

33 Anquan Boldin SF 9

34 Miles Austin DAL 11

35 Mike Williams TB 5

36 Greg Jennings MIN 5

37 Kenny Britt TEN 8

38 Golden Tate SEA 12

39 Vincent Brown SD 8

40 Michael Floyd ARI 9

41 Denarius Moore OAK 7

42 Josh Gordon CLE 10

I would pick Mike Williams. Hylton has more upside potential, but change in coaches and the chance that Indy may try to run the ball more this year has some risk. The only other ones I like on the list are Josh Gordon( pick him up as WR 5 or 6. He will fall down in most people's eyes due to his suspension) and VIncent Brown, though I do not see Brown as making Top 20.

I would pick Mike Williams. Hylton has more upside potential, but change in coaches and the chance that Indy may try to run the ball more this year has some risk. The only other ones I like on the list are Josh Gordon( pick him up as WR 5 or 6. He will fall down in most people's eyes due to his suspension) and VIncent Brown, though I do not see Brown as making Top 20.

Why the hell would Indy run the ball more when their running backs kind of suck and Andrew luck is their quarter back?

Why the hell would Indy run the ball more when their running backs kind of suck and Andrew luck is their quarter back?

i agree with this...

though is it possible they throw the ball as much as last year?? i mean that sort of sarcastically, but seriously, they threw 627 times - only 4 teams threw it more; so if there pass attempts go down, i could see some people construing that as running the ball more...

If I can only pick one, it's Gordon. I like Mike Williams and Kenny Britt as the next best hopes.

This post I agree with. Honorable mentions to Boldin, V Brown and M Floyd (Floyd is taking over TY Hilton's role in Arian's offense. I'm really high on him this year)

If healthy its miles austin. People have posted about go with the guys with history or there are too many mouths to feed. He was a wr1 a couple seasons ago. He was the 3rd best wr when he blew up. If he is healthy there is no freakin way he doesnt end up in the top 20.

I dont get the hilton votes. He will only be in on 3wr sets. The colts base set is 2wr. For some readon the coaches want dhb as the 2wr. I dont think he will get enough playing time not only that but arians is gone which means less long ball which hilton shined at last year.

Well Mike Williams doesn't need to jump b/c he finished there last year.

I like Boldin and Tate most next.

This... Williams has finished top 20 or just out-side-of the last 3 years... and with an ADP of 8th round... he should be targeted as your WR3/4 in almost every draft

I dont get the hilton votes. He will only be in on 3wr sets. The colts base set is 2wr. For some readon the coaches want dhb as the 2wr. I dont think he will get enough playing time not only that but arians is gone which means less long ball which hilton shined at last year.

I don't think this is accurate.

I don't think this is accurate.

This... i thought that Heybey has been struggling in camp... in fact they were projecting that he wouldn't crack the top 3... and this was AFTER brazil got a 4 game suspension...

EDIT... can't find that article, but found a similar one... apparently he looks sluggish AND has the dropsies

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-camp-darrius-heyward-bey-disappointing-early-162800514.html

This... i thought that Heybey has been struggling in camp... in fact they were projecting that he wouldn't crack the top 3... and this was AFTER brazil got a 4 game suspension...

EDIT... can't find that article, but found a similar one... apparently he looks sluggish AND has the dropsies

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-camp-darrius-heyward-bey-disappointing-early-162800514.html

I will agree that if hilton takes over the 2wr spot he has a good opportunity. For some reason they are sticking with dhb for right now.

Rotoworld

Darrius Heyward-Bey is working as the No. 2 wide receiver early in Colts training camp.T.Y. Hilton has been the No. 3 receiver. Because the Colts will be far more of a two-tight end, two-wideout team under new playcaller Pep Hamilton, the winner of this camp battle will essentially be locked in as an every-down receiver and serious fantasy breakout candidate. The loser will be used only on obvious passing downs. Despite Hilton's big play-filled rookie season, DHB has generated significant praise from coaches and teammates, including Andrew Luck. Heyward-Bey is very much leading the competition thus far.