Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

About to shut my league down.

In all fairness I realize this will not be the most popular thing to do , but this league needs to be discontinued . !2 team league . I won't honestly say that the people in our are my friends , two maybe three are actual friends. With that being said here is the actual breakdown of the payments that were made on draft day.

2 - paid in full (one is my son)

1 -paid a third

1 - paid two thirds

Commish is free

I'm already in the hole for the $90 for the website.

And just in case anyone is wondering I'm 1-1. My record isn't a factor.

7 players have not even paid a dime. Yeh 7 , I have posted on our message board and have also sent out emails. NOT ONE RESPONSE! I have no other option than to just shut the league down. Agree or disagree or suggestions anyone.

Tks Ramrock

OK

Strange league that you pay out at the beginning of the season and need everyone's money right away.

You pay weekly winners!

Strange league that you pay out at the beginning of the season and need everyone's money right away.

Never ran a league, but I've been a consultant forever. FF seems like a COD deal if I have ever seen one. Pay up front or forget it... last slacker I did some work for had his tab over 4k before he officially flaked so, it's your call when to stop the bleed. In his case, 5k was as far as I would extend him. Again dunno about running a FF league, but I'd make one more short post which reads something like ATTN:slackers - payment in full due by x date or GTFO. Post up who paid and who owes, require at least 11 of 12 to cough up and be on stand by with the trigger.

Tough love or no love at all :)

Thats why I dont join money leagues w/ random people, I only do 2 leagues and they are both live drafts and I am friends w/ everyone in the leagues. My rule for the league I commish is if not paid in full on draft day you forfeit 1st round pick (but get two at your spot in the 2nd, we're all friends) and no add/drops, trades, playoffs until paid in full. I send out a mass text to everyone in my league 100 days before the draft time to save a dollar a day and if you show up empty handed you know the rules.

Do the people in it have a history of not eventually paying? Yeah, everyone should pay by the draft, but shutting it down seems a bit rash.

I give everyone upto the 3rd Monday night game. Once that game is finished & you haven't paid - you're locked out. You'd be amazed how quick the $ comes in.

If still no response after wk 4, 1 last email/message is sent that their buy-in has increased $10 if received by wk 5. After that I control the team & start the players with highest projections. No transactions nor does that team (s) make the playoffs.

Or you can refund the $ back if you're playing in a free league (web site).

That's why you need to collect before the draft. If people don't pay up, they're not in the league and you look for someone else.

It can be a pain in the butt though. Among friends I usually don't play with money, it just causes problems.

It's best with co-workers because you can collect money up front. There are also some leagues you can join that collect in advance, mostly against other serious players. But FF despite what people like to post on this site really isn't that serious and usually isn't for money from what I've seen.

I like playing against law students, they get their money from student loans and are too stupid to realize how bad the legal field is, so they're fairly easy to beat too.

Not strange at all. Try collecting payment when the season is over especially if league fees are 2,000 per team. :bandana: :bandana:

This is a 20 year league, every year we have one or two people that don't have the full $150 but it normally get paid . This year for some reason this is a whole new beast I'm dealing with.

In all fairness I realize this will not be the most popular thing to do , but this league needs to be discontinued . !2 team league . I won't honestly say that the people in our are my friends , two maybe three are actual friends. With that being said here is the actual breakdown of the payments that were made on draft day.

1 -paid a third

1 - paid two thirds

Commish is free

7 players have not even paid a dime. Yeh 7 , I have posted on our message board and have also sent out emails. NOT ONE RESPONSE! I have no other option than to just shut the league down. Agree or disagree or suggestions anyone.

Tks Ramrock

Shut it down. If they don't want to pay early as noted in your league rules, they'll probably won't pay when season is over.

When was payment suppose to be made? Was this clear to all League Managers?

In the future, no one drafts until they pay. No exceptions. It's that easy.

This is a 20 year league, every year we have one or two people that don't have the full $150 but it normally get paid . This year for some reason this is a whole new beast I'm dealing with.

Money have a tendency to ruin relationships. Pay up or shut it down. Since you are the commish, the winner will demand payouts....and if payments aren't made, i'm sure the winners will expect the commish to made them whole.

That's why you need to collect before the draft. If people don't pay up, they're not in the league and you look for someone else.

This.

5 years running a $200 league. Deadline is 2 weeks before draft. If no money is received, I find a replacement team.

No one needs your comment worms you are a idiot

It's "an idiot", and you're missing some punctuation in there too. If you're gonna call someone stupid you might want to use proper grammar.

Thats why I dont join money leagues w/ random people, I only do 2 leagues and they are both live drafts and I am friends w/ everyone in the leagues. My rule for the league I commish is if not paid in full on draft day you forfeit 1st round pick (but get two at your spot in the 2nd, we're all friends) and no add/drops, trades, playoffs until paid in full. I send out a mass text to everyone in my league 100 days before the draft time to save a dollar a day and if you show up empty handed you know the rules.

i've only played in leagues with friends. we pay at the end of season. wiinnings are not dispersed till every team pays their fee. we all know each other well and know where each other lives. we had one guy (gambling problem) not pay and a few of his closer friends covered for him. he is no longer in the league. if i were in a league with people i didn't know, it has to be treated more like a business. rules are black and white and enforced to the letter.

i say shut it down and begin recruiting for next year.

Give advance warning. Payment by Sunday at noon or the league is done. Don't let it linger on. Good luck collecting from the dirtbag who is 0-5. If you are too cheap to pay up front then stop wasting everybody's time and go join a free league where everybody wins.

Just my two pennies

Yea Worms is an idiot. As for your league, I don't think these guys will be too upset if you shut it down. Warn them you shut it down and if still no response shut it down.

This.

5 years running a $200 league. Deadline is 2 weeks before draft. If no money is received, I find a replacement team.

We do something similar to this. Our league is $50 and we're in our 11th year. We require that all teams pay $150 prior to the draft or we look for a replacement. As commissioner, I've made a few exceptions to this but only for people that I feel comfortable covering.

The extra $100 covers all fees generated during the season and covers the web site cost. As commissioner, I don't have to go looking for people to pay up. They actually come to me at the end of the season if they haven't used all of their $100. This year, almost everyone got their deposits from last year back at this years draft. It averages about $15.

The really nice thing about this system is that winners get paid immediately after the playoffs end. No trying to finish collecting before payouts. That's the big reason that everyone in the league likes the system. We're fairly stable. We probably average one new person a year and we've had several leave but come back in a later season.

No one needs your comment worms you are a idiot

Well, in his defense, he probably collected payment upfront for his league and is not contemplating shutting it down before Week 3. Just sayin'...

• Like 1

I just don't understand the point of the thread. We can't make the deadbeats in Ramrock's league pay their dues.

Does he just want sympathy? Oh, that sucks man, maybe someday you'll find a league that isn't populated by deadbeats. :dunno:

The way that my league has handled it (and it is a $250/season league that has been in existence for 25 years) is that everyone has until the start of week 3 to cough-up the cash. Anyone that does not gets a 0 for their weekly point total until they pay.

Nobody has not paid by the beginning of week #3. I'll be honest, though, these are all guys that I am very tight with.

ICEMAN

I collect before the draft. Anyone who doesn't pay before the draft is not invited to return the following year. Regardless of when they actually do pay, after the fact.

Everyone knows it and knows I enforce it. Hasn't been a problem since the first guy tested the rule out. He's obviously no longer in the league.

I just don't understand the point of the thread.

Maybe he's looking for opinions, feedback, and/or ideas about his fantasy football commish problem on a message board meant to give ideas, feedback and opinons about all things fantasy football?

You know something like, "Hey, I have this issue. Have any of y'all had the same issue and if so what did you do?"

Call me crazy. :dunno:

I just don't understand the point of the thread. We can't make the deadbeats in Ramrock's league pay their dues.

Does he just want sympathy? Oh, that sucks man, maybe someday you'll find a league that isn't populated by deadbeats. :dunno:

Gonna wager that he doesn't want to shut the league down because FF is fun, and people might try to call him a scrooge even though he plunked down some cake to create a playpen for everyone yet has no choice now due to deadbeat turds who can't cough up a few bucks.

Sounds like maybe he's a decent guy with a conscience, hence this thread.

Commish is free

I have no other option than to just shut the league down.

Well, first, I do NOT like the idea of commish plays for free! Are those duties that extensive? How much is the leauge buy in? Seems almost a Congress-like perk to me.

That said, what does shuting down the league accomplish? You're already in the hole for the $90 website. Turning off the league doesn't get that back and will certainly cease any additional payments as well as cost you any "friends." Are there additional costs beyond the $90? If not, shutting it down does nothing.

If you want, at least, your $90 back, you just have to go forward and keep asking for the money.

1 -paid a third

1 - paid two thirds

Commish is free

Tks Ramrock

Well first of all why don't you demand that all the money be paid up front during the draft. I commish a few leagues and this is what I do as it is very frustraing trying to get everyone to pay. If you don't pay the first week you are locked out from making transactions until you do pay. However in both leagues they are all pretty much my friends and have been in the league for 8+ years so they would never fock anyone in the league and not pay.

But if I was doing a league with some random people make them pay before, if not lock them out of the league. If you dont get their money by week 2 you are focked as the bad teams wont even pay.

Also why is commish free? I guess if you are covering the cost of the site sure that works then. Or just pay the same league fee as everyone else and then use that money to pay for league fee