Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Doug Martin owner....panic?

Too early to panic.

Freeman was dreadful, so Glennon shouldn't be much worse.

We Dougie owners should take a chill pill and not be freaked out by this move.

He may be dumping off to Martin a ton. If he gets happy feet and needs a security blanket, I can see Martin getting mucho love in the passing game.

Freeman's numbers are WORSE than Tebow's career numbers! Glennon will be better than that guaranteed!

Let's not forget, this is the same QB that caused Russel Wilson to transfer to Wisconsin! Now granted Wilson was playing baseball, but when he came back to the team they went with Glennon!

I don't think it can really hurt Martin because Freeman was already so bad. Martin's scoring chances have been limited because Freeman couldn't move the offense, nor could he seem to complete any passes to Martin. At worst the QB change is a push.

Man, did Freeman go off a cliff. About midway through last season, he looked like an emerging top-10 QB.

frankly this could be a decent buy low situation for martin. if I owned martin I wouldn't sell him for anything less than his preseason value.

I was freaking before the move. Glennon, however, is a check-down artist and thus could cause Martin's PPR value to increase.

I tried to move Martin and Lamar Miller for TRich and Gio this morning and was told to get lost.

Who knows, find out this week. Isn't like you are trading him and isn't like you are benching him so no need to speculate. Wait and see...

Who knows, find out this week. Isn't like you are trading him and isn't like you are benching him so no need to speculate. Wait and see...

This is the legit truth. Guess we cross our fingers and hope Glennon can stretch the field a bit better than Freeman.

Freeman's numbers are WORSE than Tebow's career numbers! Glennon will be better than that guaranteed!

Let's not forget, this is the same QB that caused Russel Wilson to transfer to Wisconsin! Now granted Wilson was playing baseball, but when he came back to the team they went with Glennon!

Umm, no, O'Brien is his ultimate wisdom told RW to make a choice, baseball or Football and when he refuesed he moved on and named MG the starter, after that RW made the move to Wisc. If RW had been allowed to return to Raliegh there in no question he would have been the starter.

I'm excited to see what the league's top player in rushes and second in rushing yards will do in weeks to come!

Freeman was really stinking up the joint. So I wouldn't really freak out over his benching.

I think the bigger problem is Schiano being a massive tool who is probably losing control of the team.

At any rate I wouldn't exactly "panic", but the general trouble in Tampa is sure to effect the Muscle Hamster.

I was freaking before the move. Glennon, however, is a check-down artist and thus could cause Martin's PPR value to increase.

I tried to move Martin and Lamar Miller for TRich and Gio this morning and was told to get lost.

It's a little early to label a rookie QB a "check down" artist, no?

That said, Martin could be a nice safety valve as Glennon learns the game.

• Like 1

Freeman was stinking mainly because of receivers dropping passes and the OL being weak.

If that continues, it doesn't matter who is behind center, it'll be more of the same with different numbers on the jerseys.

If the OL and receiving corps get their collective acts together and use this as a wake up call, it could be good for Martin.

We're going to start seeing the 35+ point games from Muscle Hampster that single-handedly win games.

Freeman was stinking mainly because of receivers dropping passes and the OL being weak.

[Anton Chigurh] You don't know what you're talking about, do you? [/Chigurh]

That same "weak" offensive line has only allowed 7 sacks and 12 hits so far on Freeman through 3 games. 10th and 9th best in the league. And although TB is 7th in drops (only 7 through 3 games also), it most likely has to do with Freeman's accuracy being god-awful. He had no idea how to look a defender off, go through progressions in a timely manner, or be comfortable in the pocket without panicking.

He is an overpriced, overdrafted dud. Schiano is smart to make the move now before it cost him his job too.

Glennon, while raw, can't be any worse than Freeman. I see this not affecting Martin's value at all. I told a lot of people that Martin probably wouldn't be worth the ADP due to the offense likely going stagnant this season with Freeman behind the helm again. So, I don't know if Martin will produce enough to live up to expectations after last year, but I don't think he does any worse than he has the first 3 games.

Freeman was really stinking up the joint. So I wouldn't really freak out over his benching.

I think the bigger problem is Schiano being a massive tool who is probably losing control of the team.

At any rate I wouldn't exactly "panic", but the general trouble in Tampa is sure to effect the Muscle Hamster.

Agreed. There seems to be dressing room issues. dont know if its the coach or not, but some of the tweets I've read indicate this may be the bigger problem. If the coach is having a meltdown it's tough to expect much from the team.

I would expect it would be tough Sledding for Martin. If I'm the Defense playing Tampa with a Rookie QB starting, I stack the box and force him to prove he can beat you by throwing the ball.

If the kid can play.... no problem. If he cant, its safe to say Martin will not find many holes to run through.

Agreed. There seems to be dressing room issues. dont know if its the coach or not, but some of the tweets I've read indicate this may be the bigger problem. If the coach is having a meltdown it's tough to expect much from the team.

I would expect it would be tough Sledding for Martin. If I'm the Defense playing Tampa with a Rookie QB starting, I stack the box and force him to prove he can beat you by throwing the ball.

If the kid can play.... no problem. If he cant, its safe to say Martin will not find many holes to run through.

Change of QB won't affect Martin's performance. TB has the most conservative offense on the planet to begin with. Schiano has always been a run first, hard-nosed guy. And Sullivan's playcalling is evidence of that. No creativity. Run the ball on 1st down. Don't use Martin in space. Just stupid. Defenses have been keying on it since he took over. It's a joke. So unless teams start putting 10 guys in the box instead of 8, it can't get much worse...

Per Yahoo "There are three kinds of running backs. Most backs fall into the hard runner category or the explosive runner category, but a small handful are in the third category which combines both elements. Don’t worry about Tampa’s Doug Martin, as he is getting ready to explode. Martin is first in the league in yards after contact with 162, tied for third with four broken tackles and tied for third with four explosive rushes (15+ yards)."

Just curious. After you panic, then what?

profit

It goes like this...

over react(no panic yet)

Panic

PROFIT!

Now you know...

When Martin gets into space it's like watching a rocket go off. His zero to loose time is phenomenal. If Tampa knew how to utilize him better he would be an absolute monster. Unfortunately, the holes haven't been big so far (passing ineptitude hasn't helped that cause) and Sullivan just plows him up the middle all the time into a barricade instead of getting him wide, running draw plays, or throwing to him in the flat.

"Panic" is a strong word. Concerned, for sure, that Tampa can't seem to figure out how to get him into open space, even in the passing game.

"Panic" is a strong word. Concerned, for sure, that Tampa can't seem to figure out how to get him into open space, even in the passing game.

Add him to the list of good players that play for a team with no clue how to get them the ball in space.

Where's that "vaunted" Oline at? Nicks? Davin Joseph?

Geez. Dude has absolutely no running room at all.

[Anton Chigurh] You don't know what you're talking about, do you? [/Chigurh]

That same "weak" offensive line has only allowed 7 sacks and 12 hits so far on Freeman through 3 games. 10th and 9th best in the league. And although TB is 7th in drops (only 7 through 3 games also), it most likely has to do with Freeman's accuracy being god-awful. He had no idea how to look a defender off, go through progressions in a timely manner, or be comfortable in the pocket without panicking.

He is an overpriced, overdrafted dud. Schiano is smart to make the move now before it cost him his job too.

Glennon, while raw, can't be any worse than Freeman. I see this not affecting Martin's value at all. I told a lot of people that Martin probably wouldn't be worth the ADP due to the offense likely going stagnant this season with Freeman behind the helm again. So, I don't know if Martin will produce enough to live up to expectations after last year, but I don't think he does any worse than he has the first 3 games.

Wow, what an impressive outing from a strong OL today :rolleyes:.

More like I don't rely solely on stats to come to my conclusions. I actually have watched some of the Bucs games. The QB has little time to get off a pass, is often scrambling, or is feeling the pocket collapse. Those aren't stats, they are observations. With the exception of two 8-yard runs today, Martin has had few holes to hit and will only be as good as his OL...subpar for now.

Again, you can change who is behind center but the outcome won't be much different. You can't blame the D, either.

Where's that "vaunted" Oline at? Nicks? Davin Joseph?

Geez. Dude has absolutely no running room at all.

Careful, you will be accused of not knowing much if you make accurate observations about the Bucs OL stinking.