Sign in to follow this  
track 1

mods ban me if Cowboys don't cover +7.5 points this Sunday vs Broncos

broncos have played 4 horrible teams....baltimore, ny giants, oakland, philly, all these teams combine a win total of 4. three of which have been played at denver

this sunday i have the greatest confidence cowboys will cover

denver broncos wins have been a mirage. they are good, not this 16-0 team everyone seems to be making

• Like 1

Are we talking about the same Boys that gave it up to San Diego?

Its not just that Peyton won but that he eviscerated the opposition.

so for the record, the boys can lose by 7 or less and you avoid the ban, but a loss of 8 or more and you're gone for good?

Yes, that is the definition of +7.5.

The Cowboys will get waxed. There's no way their offense will come remotely close to keeping up with Denver's.

i'm as big a DAL fan as you'll find on this site, and i wouldn't bet on them to cover.

ware is nicked

selvie is recovering from a concussion

DL backups are hurt

carter is playing poorly

durant is nicked

claiborne is playing very poorly

safeties are not playing well over the top

they have given up 400+yds passing twice already, and have consistently had problems getting opposing offenses off the field.

on offense...

austin is doubtful

williams looks lost

harris is hurt

playcalling has been highly inconsistent

downfield passing game is nonexistent

TEs are not contributing in line with the emphasis on the 12 personnel.

in short, dallas has beaten two bad teams, and lost to two surprisingly solid teams. they haven't been able to impose their will on anyone yet this season--not even the piss-poor NYG. they aren't scoring on offense, and not stopping anyone on defense. they still have no identity on either side of the ball. and now they're playing the most efficient offensive machine in the league.

look, i have high hopes for this sunday--romo is usually at his very best in games like this. but everything is going to have to go exactly right for DAL even to have a shot at playing this one close. DEN is going to take an early lead, and DAL is going to chip away at it. my gut says that it's a 2-score game midway through the 4th quarter, and everything depends on romo putting the ball in the end zone and getting within one score with 3-4 min left.

but then the defense has to make the stop, and that's a tall order over the last 3 years.

much as i hate to say this, i'm predicting 38-27 DEN.

hope i'm wrong.

• Like 1

I think this is a trap game. Every team will have an off game and this week could be Denver's off week. I still think they win but the game could be closer than some people think. I think lots of people are pounding Denver in Vegas and that concerns me. The way Denver is playing you'd think the line would be at least 10... So 7.5 looks like a steal. So it looks too good to be true. I'm staying away from this game

I just wanted you to know ...

:whisper: I'm going to be the one that get's you. :whisper:

Team in sig.

Vegas isn't dumb. They don't give away free money. This line looks like a lock for Denver at -7.5, but there is nothing sure about it. Currently, 90% in Vegas are betting on the Broncos. Sure looks like a trap to me.

If 90% were betting on the Broncos, the line would move. Vegas isn't in the betting business, it's in the middleman business.

Opened last week at 6.. Up to 9 at some sports books right now

If 90% were betting on the Broncos, the line would move. Vegas isn't in the betting business, it's in the middleman business.

this. there's a difference between the money line and the handicap.

As if I needed another reason to root against those pieces of dung.

• Like 1

guess logging out and not returning by choice isnt possible...

so to spoil the party, does this wager cover the possible if not sudden appearance of track_2 to the board Monday?

i'm as big a DAL fan as you'll find on this site, and i wouldn't bet on them to cover.

ware is nicked

DL backups are hurt

carter is playing poorly

durant is nicked

they have given up 400+yds passing twice already, and have consistently had problems getting opposing offenses off the field.

on offense...

austin is doubtful

williams looks lost

harris is hurt

in short, dallas has beaten two bad teams, and lost to two surprisingly solid teams. they haven't been able to impose their will on anyone yet this season--not even the piss-poor NYG. they aren't scoring on offense, and not stopping anyone on defense. they still have no identity on either side of the ball. and now they're playing the most efficient offensive machine in the league.

look, i have high hopes for this sunday--romo is usually at his very best in games like this. but everything is going to have to go exactly right for DAL even to have a shot at playing this one close. DEN is going to take an early lead, and DAL is going to chip away at it. my gut says that it's a 2-score game midway through the 4th quarter, and everything depends on romo putting the ball in the end zone and getting within one score with 3-4 min left.

but then the defense has to make the stop, and that's a tall order over the last 3 years.

hope i'm wrong.

Wonderful post SS :thumbsup: ........but I too hope you're wrong

We're seeing an insane offense here, Peyton's best probably. Also it's not that big of a game so Peyton won't blow it. If it were for the division or playoffs I'd bet the house on the boys.

Vegas isn't dumb. They don't give away free money. This line looks like a lock for Denver at -7.5, but there is nothing sure about it. Currently, 90% in Vegas are betting on the Broncos. Sure looks like a trap to me.

totally agree....90% public betting Denver with no line movement....somethings fishy

totally agree....90% public betting Denver with no line movement....somethings fishy

You think the game is rigged?

• Like 1

The line did move... Opened at 6 and up to as high as 9

ware is nicked

DL backups are hurt

carter is playing poorly

durant is nicked

on offense...

austin is doubtful

williams looks lost

harris is hurt

hope i'm wrong.

before reading this, I was glad to have witten to saddle up... now... :(

He must be contemplating leaving anyway.........and returning with a new identity, and fresh reputation..

• Like 1

before reading this, I was glad to have witten to saddle up... now... :(

witten, dez, and romo are great plays here--they have to be heavily involved if DAL is going to do anything at all. i think we're finally going to get to see the real romo rather than the game manager we've been seeing so far this season.

that means improvisations and big plays, but it'll also mean taking risks that can lead to INTs.

As a lifetime Giants fan I have hated the Cowboys my whole life. That being said I keep catching myself rooting for them. This is shaping up to be some game if the rest of the game is like the first quarter.

As a lifetime Giants fan I have hated the Cowboys my whole life. That being said I keep catching myself rooting for them. This is shaping up to be some game if the rest of the game is like the first quarter.

I think it's more likely the rest of the game will be like the 2nd quarter.