Sign in to follow this  
FakeFoozballIzFun

Brandon Jacobs....breakout?

Ok so he's old and slow but there's a pretty good chance he'll be a 3 down back w/goal line carries against a banged up Chicago defense. Think he might have more value, especially this week, than say Ellington on waivers. Thoughts? Comments?

First I need to disclose that I absolutely love Brandon Jacobs. I actually predicted, right here on these message boards that the Giants passing game was not going to work without Jacobs and Bradshaw, both excellent pass blockers.

The Giants are going to be playing a chess match against Chicago. I'm sure Jacobs is thrilled ... this may be his last chance, and I hope he goes out there and shows everyone what "Beast Mode" really is. Softens up that D, protects Eli, and they win. But I don't think that's very realistic. Jacobs breakout game was a long time ago. Does he have 1 more left in him? I don't think so. I own him, and am actually considering waiving him, just because right now ... I don't think any RB has value in fantasy for the Giants and I am also carrying Andre Brown. Don't wanna be TOO invested in the Giants run game.

I wouldn't start Jacobs in fantasy this week, likely not this year, or ever again (makes me sad). He is TD dependent.

I guess the topic should've been worded, "How do you think the Giants will split the RB workload this week and why?" If they make Jacobs a 3 down back this week then he'll have low RB2 value. For my situation I'm obviously valuing the short-term over the long-term

:lol:

Sorry, just the way you worded the topic, I had to let out a good laugh.

Anywho, I guess you can hope for a TD. Maybe even two only, thing is, the Giants don't get inside the five enough for that to really happen.

But as far as him being a three-down back or whatever, it doesn't matter. He's not putting up a big yardage game regardless.

:lol:

Sorry, just the way you worded the topic, I had to let out a good laugh.

Anywho, I guess you can hope for a TD. Maybe even two only, thing is, the Giants don't get inside the five enough for that to really happen.

But as far as him being a three-down back or whatever, it doesn't matter. He's not putting up a big yardage game regardless.

Yeah .... see what I said. Touchdown dependent. Well done ... saying what I said in a different and less informative way.

I should bump an old thread as a eulogy to when Brandon Jacobs was last fantasy relevant.

I believe the line was:

"It's not like Brandon Jacobs is gonna catch a pass on a wheel route and run it down the sidelines for a TD" and then:

Never say never.

Ok so he's old and slow but there's a pretty good chance he'll be a 3 down back w/goal line carries against a banged up Chicago defense. Think he might have more value, especially this week, than say Ellington on waivers. Thoughts? Comments?

nope

I'd rather have Ellington. Hate to admit it ... I love Brandon Jacobs man ... I want him to do well real bad ... but, it's not a good sitiuation.

11 carries for 23 yards. They will be passing a ton, and Scott will be in for allot of that.

Been reading about Wilson and his injury doesn't sound good.. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a multiple week injury.

I'd rather have Ellington. Hate to admit it ... I love Brandon Jacobs man ... I want him to do well real bad ... but, it's not a good sitiuation.

It's not the "situation", dummy. It's the fact that he's beyond washed-up :doh:

Stephen Davis available?

Wow everyone really blew it on Jacobs

With Vikings and Eagles up next Jacobs could be a good play

I fell for Scott instead... Stupid me

First I need to disclose that I absolutely love Brandon Jacobs. I actually predicted, right here on these message boards that the Giants passing game was not going to work without Jacobs and Bradshaw, both excellent pass blockers.

The Giants are going to be playing a chess match against Chicago. I'm sure Jacobs is thrilled ... this may be his last chance, and I hope he goes out there and shows everyone what "Beast Mode" really is. Softens up that D, protects Eli, and they win. But I don't think that's very realistic. Jacobs breakout game was a long time ago. Does he have 1 more left in him? I don't think so. I own him, and am actually considering waiving him, just because right now ... I don't think any RB has value in fantasy for the Giants and I am also carrying Andre Brown. Don't wanna be TOO invested in the Giants run game.

I wouldn't start Jacobs in fantasy this week, likely not this year, or ever again (makes me sad). He is TD dependent.

Lol.. This from a "Giants Fan"

Best plug and play RB of the week right here...hope you guys took advantage!

Brilliant! at 9:45.

I will say this, Jacobs is crap, but the Bears sure made him look great!

I'm sure my opponent enjoyed that!

This thread makes me laugh. It's not that people missed, that happens all the time. It's the know it all arrogance that some of the posters have when they post.

• Like 1

This thread makes me laugh. It's not that people missed, that happens all the time. It's the know it all arrogance that some of the posters have when they post.

👍. Well said

Brilliant! at 9:45.

I will say this, Jacobs is crap, but the Bears sure made him look great!

I'm sure my opponent enjoyed that!

Well I was pretty much the only one that even considered grabbing Jacobs instead of Ellington for a plug and play. Would've done it had I not filled my glaring hole at RB2 through a trade. But haters gonna hate...

I played Jacobs!

I have Steven Jackson hurt and on bye, been playing Snelling but he is on the bye of course. Didn't feel comfortable playing Ridley who has been struggling and is coming of an injury. Played McGahee and Doug Martin as my two RB's and Jacobs as a flex.

You knew if the Giants got inside the 6 or 7 he was going to be the guy.

And I draft Trent Richardson as my number one when I could have had a guy sitting on a couch eating pizza put a numbers I thought were going to be routine for TR. I need a drink.

I played Jacobs!

I have Steven Jackson hurt and on bye, been playing Snelling but he is on the bye of course. Didn't feel comfortable playing Ridley who has been struggling and is coming of an injury. Played McGahee and Doug Martin as my two RB's and Jacobs as a flex.

You knew if the Giants got inside the 6 or 7 he was going to be the guy.

:doublethumbsup:

The year after Jacobs had 15 tds I drafted him as my rb1. I watched as much giants football as I could and dont remember seeing him run like he did last night.

he's a big big bruiser that will carry people with him across the goalline ..,only problem is .,he is not elusive & will absorb a substantial pounding week after week,,..i expect the wheels to fall off ...making room for Andre Brown

man, can fresh legs ever do wonders for a team. I grabbed Scott in deep 16 team league and was pretty happy to get him, in hindsight it's a wasted FA acquisition and money now. I don't think Big Boy Jacobs will last very long, and I think it's Browns job when he's eligible, but I'm sure wishing I'd picked up Jacobs when the G-men signed him.

Dude looked awesome last night. Really couldn't believe my eyes.

He actually looked pretty fast last night. He's always been known as a plodder but he was getting to the edge fairly well last night. Color me surprised as well.

watching Jacobs last night makes me happy I grabbed Andre Brown the other day. It shows that a scat back like Wilson may not be the answer. Brown is in between Jacobs and Wilson and should give them the best of both worlds. Anyways great call on Jacobs, for now on I wont be scared playing any RB against CHI

Didn't see it coming, but it's nice.

The beauty of this is now Jacobs looks good for the next two weeks. They have Minny on Monday night at home and then at Philly before their bye. Looks like Brandon is penciled in for me for the next two weeks. I think he will be projected top 15 for RBs for those tasty matchups.

After the bye, who knows. Plus, Brandon's style lends itself to injury. But I do see two good weeks ahead. The guy seems to realize this is his last shot and is running with a sense of urgency.