Sign in to follow this  
JohnD.

Andre Ellington

Even a modest uptick in Ellington's touches makes him a top-20 RB. And you know the Mendenhall injury is coming at some point. Ellington's touches have trended upward every week: 1, 6, 6, 7, 11, 12... Last week, for the first time, he out-touched Mendenhall and played more snaps. If he can level out in the 15 touch range, he's money. He's averaging over 8 yards per touch. If that's not leading the league, it's got to be close.

Miller has been disappointing 4 out of 6 weeks. It wasn't just last week.

He's only played 5 games.

I'd probably still stick with Miller but it's pretty close.

Between silent g and Ellington in a .5 ppr league which do u go with? I'm leaning towards silent g for all the check downs and bc Ellington is playing in the dreaded TNF game

Starting him tonight at flex. Got me 20 points in PPR last week and obviously Seattle is thought matchup BUT Arizona is at home. Hopefully he can score a catching TD for me.

he hasnt shown much so far, but the coaching staff has to be getting tired of watching mendy running backwards through wet concrete all night

Mendenhall is outtouching Ellington 10 to 4. This is why I can't buy into Ellington. He's clearly the superior talent, but he isn't getting the touches he should.

I'd much rather have Zac Stacy, who also might be available in a good number of leagues.

Mendenhall is outtouching Ellington 10 to 4. This is why I can't buy into Ellington. He's clearly the superior talent, but he isn't getting the touches he should.

I'd much rather have Zac Stacy, who also might be available in a good number of leagues.

i feel ya ...i was gonna drop him for vareen or shonne greene that's on waivers i just think they have more upside...but i read to much into this thread

16 yards on 12 carries so far for Mendenhall. I'm not sure what Arians is trying to prove here. This verges on moronic.

• Like 1

Frustrating game for him for sure but I had tempered expectations against the Seattle D. I did notice they lined him up out wide quite a bit and targeted him often as well. Palmer looked for him a couple times in the end zone. I think the potential is there but I definitely didn't expect to see it last night against Seattle. I think next week will be a good indicator for him against Atlanta's suspect D.

:clap:

FFToday's Rest of the Way rankings have Miller at 36 and Ellington at 44.

Rotoworld's Going Forward rankings have Miller at 21 and Ellington at 38.

I'm not saying they're 100% right, but Miller has a legitimate shot at being the primary rusher in his offense, potentially with Daniel Thomas taking only a handful of touches away from him the rest of the way. Ellington, on the other hand, is supposedly on a 30 to 32 snap count according to Arians. I'll admit, Ellington has upside, I like the kid. But I just don't think he'll ever have a large enough role in that offense to be more than a bye week fill-in, whereas Lamar Miller has RB2 upside.

To be honest I had Miller on my do-not-draft list because I didn't see anything special about his talent so I'm admittedly biased against him. One thing to consider in your rankings is that FF Today had Miller at #15 overall RB pre-season so I think they may still have some bias as well.

I just think the sample size is enough at this point to know what you have with Lamar Miller - which I don't think is going to be much different than what you already have seen. Where as with Ellington (admittedly a rough game last night) still has some unknown upside at this point.

All you idiots that talk about the need to have 'good' 40 combine time to qualify to be an 'elite' back can all shut the fock up.

15 carries

154 yards

1 TD (80 yarder)

If Mendy goes down I would expect Stepfan Taylor or maybe Ryan Williams to get more of the lead back role. Sprinkle in some Alphonso Smith. I don't think the Cards would change how they are using Ellington.

Looks like it's Ellington's show now.

One of the better RB performances this season.

Ellington's show? Taylor got 14 carries and this smacks of pure committee. Dude why don't you get on a plane to Phoenix and set Bruce Arians straight? Of course you can always count on that 80 yard blast against a reeling defense every week. By the way, very poor angles taken by two defenders broke him loose to the outside.

I will say this though, in that division, against SEA and Frisco, it'd be nice to have a play maker on your side of the ball. Maybe this game will be the one to propel the kid out in front of the committee.

Ellington's show? Taylor got 14 carries and this smacks of pure committee. Dude why don't you get on a plane to Phoenix and set Bruce Arians straight? Of course you can always count on that 80 yard blast against an average defense every week...

Taylor's carries were mostly in the 4th quarter after game is over.

Why you mad?

Got fooled by the lack of 'elite' combine time and didin't pick him up. :banana:

BTW, for those that LOVE COMBINE NUMBERS...

See the real reason why his numbers weren't so 'elite'...

http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10012

"Former Clemson running back Andre Ellington hurt his hamstring on his first 40 attempt at the NFL combine on Sunday according to Rotoworld..

He registered a 4.59 "unofficial," but surely would have run faster if not for the injury. The ailment's extent is unknown. Ellington, who succeeded C.J. Spiller in Clemson's backfield, stands 5-foot-9, 199 and possesses highly impressive burst and acceleration. He's a probable second-round draft pick"

Taylor's carries were mostly in the 4th quarter after game is over.

Why you mad?

Got fooled by the lack of 'elite' combine time and didin't pick him up. :banana:

Who said I was mad lol...? My take is that without Jamal Charles or Chris Johnson speed the kid will be a committee back. Time will tell. I mean, what's the big deal lol...? I'm not running the plays, I'm just another poor SOB playing this game for fun. You pays your money you takes your choice. Why don't you go burn Arian's house down or something?

You gotta love Jokers who break their arms patting themselves on the back when they have the scoreboard... lol.. Oh the humility. Don't be hiding like a freaking church mouse if this kid averages out.

Who said I was mad lol...? My take is that without Jamal Charles or Chris Johnson speed the kid will be a committee back. Time will tell. I mean, what's the big deal lol...? I'm not running the plays, I'm just another poor SOB playing this game for fun. You pays your money you takes your choice. Why don't you go burn Arian's house down or something?

Chris Johnson!

How many 20+ yard run have Chris Johnson have over the past 3 seasons?

Again...if you haven't watched him in Clemson, and simply seeing numbers you really have no place to make certain comments. The dude has always been know for his 'SPEED'.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-ellington?id=2539217

"Ellington has flashed real speed and explosiveness over the past three years when given the opportunity."

i'm back on the band wagon...,just hard to bench AP or r. bush...,one more good game & i'm sold

Chris Johnson!

How many 20+ yard run have Chris Johnson have over the past 3 seasons?

Again...if you haven't watched him in Clemson, and simply seeing numbers you really have no place to make certain comments. The dude has always been know for his 'SPEED'.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-ellington?id=2539217

"Ellington has flashed real speed and explosiveness over the past three years when given the opportunity."

Dude enough already! If he pans out you'll get your props. I've got no problem admitting when I've got a bad take on a player. If this 5'11" 200 pound kid with 5.1 speed becomes a star in this league I will definitely be the first guy to tell everyone that Skinny_Bastard was right all along and we should forever more listen to his genius takes.

Dude enough already! If he pans out you'll get your props. I've got no problem admitting when I've got a bad take on a player. If this 5'11" 200 pound kid with 5.1 speed becomes a star in this league I will definitely be the first guy to tell everyone that Skinny_Bastard was right all along and we should forever more listen to his genius takes.

:banana:

I had him on the bench and played NO RB for 0 points and Colston for 1.8 -I obviously have to drop NO - there is a reason for lack of production from the two when the team scores 35 points!!!!!!<br />

Looks like everyone is calling for more touches. Arian continues to be one stubborn mofo. I think if they would had lost the game this past weekend, Mendy's days as a starter would had been over. The under performance and fumble inside their own 5 which lead to a TD would had seal the deal.

Ellington

Rushing

54 carries
388 yards

7.2 avg

2 Rushing TD

0 fumbles lost

Rec:

24 recep

216 yards

1 TD

"Top Cardinals beat man Kent Somers is calling for Andre Ellington to become the feature back ahead of Rashard Mendenhall.

It's not just Cardinals fans and fantasy types that are flabbergasted by the division of labor. People who are around the team every day like Somers are confused as well. "To continue to divide the workload equally between Ellington and Mendenhall is stubborn at best and foolish at worst," he wrote. Still, the only person that matters here is Bruce Arians. And he believes that the 13 touches Ellington got in Week 10 were "plenty." We can't expect a change in the rotation based on public pressure."

:banana:

That fumble would've gotten Mendenhall benched on most teams... I'm actually pulling for the kid now. Has he even caught a screen pass this year?

It's gonna be hard to see Arians lasting if they don't make the playoffs.

They can actually catch Frisco this week. If the Niners lose to a red-hot Aints team and the Cards can beat JAX (both highly possible), it's done.

Unbelievable.

That fumble would've gotten Mendenhall benched on most teams... I'm actually pulling for the kid now. Has he even caught a screen pass this year?

Haven't seen one yet... :blink:

Haven't seen one yet... :blink:

One of the most under utilized plays in football, yet one of the most effective at getting your RB's into space. The Aints just diced Dallas up last week with them.

I have someone really trying to sell me Ellington .5 PPR for one of my wides.

RB-Bush

RB-P. Thomas

B-SJax, Helu, Ball

WR- Djax, Hilton, Shorts, Dobson,

B- Roddy

Am I better moving off just keeping what I have or moving say Dobson for Ellington?

The way I see it is there is no guarantee he's much better than PThoms or Sjax moving forward, Sjax prob...dude looks dunzo, and then I don't have any WR depth.

One of the most under utilized plays in football, yet one of the most effective at getting your RB's into space. The Aints just diced Dallas up last week with them.

Some coaches just don't get it.

See CJ Spiller at Buffalo. He was awesome 2 years back with them...but all of a sudden, it disappeared in their playbook.

I have someone really trying to sell me Ellington .5 PPR for one of my wides.

RB-Bush

RB-P. Thomas

B-SJax, Helu, Ball

WR- Djax, Hilton, Shorts, Dobson,

B- Roddy

Am I better moving off just keeping what I have or moving say Dobson for Ellington?

The way I see it is there is no guarantee he's much better than PThoms or Sjax moving forward, Sjax prob...dude looks dunzo, and then I don't have any WR depth.

I would move Dobson for Ellington in your situation.

Roddy White is coming back and with Djax and Hilton would you ever start Dobson?

Ellington is a game changing back. 7.2 yards per carry should not be dismissed.

I would move Dobson for Ellington in your situation.

Roddy White is coming back and with Djax and Hilton would you ever start Dobson?

Ellington is a game changing back. 7.2 yards per carry should not be dismissed.

He really wants Shorts who I'm not dealing. I should have mentioned that. I just put Dobson b/c its the only WR I'd consider dealling. It's a 3 WR, flex league.

So I can roll 4 WRs weekly in .5 PPR scoring. Is Ellington necessarily a better .5 PPR flex over any of these WRs- Shorts-Roddy-Dobson?

I'm not so sure. And I don't think I start him over P. Thoms this week.

He really wants Shorts who I'm not dealing. I should have mentioned that. I just put Dobson b/c its the only WR I'd consider dealling. It's a 3 WR, flex league.

So I can roll 4 WRs weekly in .5 PPR scoring. Is Ellington necessarily a better .5 PPR flex over any of these WRs- Shorts-Roddy-Dobson?

I'm not so sure. And I don't think I start him over P. Thoms this week.

Why won't you deal Shorts?