Sign in to follow this  
slippyer

Case Keenum to start v Jags

"I have total confidence in him," Kubiak said of Keenum. "We had team problems, not just quarterback problems in the third quarter

Does that start with the head coach then Gary? Do you trust Kubiak? Discuss.

Not really sure I have much choice. I have him or McCown currently. On paper, it is a dream match up but then so was Oakland.

I added Palmer with Wilson off and because Keenum was benched v Oak of all team. With this news I'll likely start Keenum given Jax just gave up 400 yards to Palmer.

This. No way I trust that guy.

+1. In my team QB league I'll roll with him/Schaub but if it's Keenum straight up, I don't trust Kubiak to let Case finish the game.

Kubiak should bench his defense since they can't stop even the Raiders & a backup QB/RB in their own house.

Graham's targets did go way up in week 11 ! Keenum tossed it his way 10 times and Shaub in the short time he was in threw it to Graham 3 times. 13 targets ! If that keeps up I think Frozenbeernuts will be smiling !

Wouldn't trust him since he's on a short leash. 1 pick might send him to the bench. Start someone who's going to play the whole game.

This is the perfect argument to sit him. Problem is, he has the jags. I think the match up will sway me on this one, If he was playing a good team, I would not bother.,

I can't bring myself to sit him. This has classic overreaction written all over it. Everyone benches Keenum because of last week's Kubiak BS, and Keenum goes off. However, if he doesn't have a big game against the Jags, I think the experiment is over (from a fantasy football standpoint). Palmer just had a great game against them.

Frankly, I can't see how Kubiak benches him again in front of a home crowd (unless he gets hurt or plays horribly).

I can't bring myself to sit him. This has classic overreaction written all over it. Everyone benches Keenum because of last week's Kubiak BS, and Keenum goes off. However, if he doesn't have a big game against the Jags, I think the experiment is over (from a fantasy football standpoint). Palmer just had a great game against them.

Frankly, I can't see how Kubiak benches him again in front of a home crowd (unless he gets hurt or plays horribly).

I agree with all of this. With Russell Wilson off my only other option would be Carson Palmer. I'm starting Keenum and hoping for the best.

Kubiak is a moron

+1 It is very difficult now to play Keenum knowing the short leash he is surprisingly on. Not sure why Schaub's leash was soooooooooooo much longer.

i cant bring myself to drop hopkins.. i think his little benching last week does him some good ..,& tears it up this week...,regardless ..,i'm not playing him

in any event i think your right on your analysis

After what Kubiak did, I don't see how he can be trusted. Hate to get get bounced out of the playoffs because of another benching when I knew I had another option.

Praise black Jesus that Keenum will start but I feel bad for his owners. Kubiak is a nut for benching him and denting his confidence. Now instead of playing well he will be thinking "I'm playing the jags, I have to do well or he will yank me in the 2nd half."

In one of my leagues I got Russell Wilson on a bye so it's either Kaepernick or Keenum ? Still not sure what to do. Both qb's have good matchups.

I agree rrmcguire. Leaning towards Keenum and I'm really glad it's not the Thursday game this week. I picked up Keenum especially for this week and week 14 when Houston plays Jags again. I'm kinda scared of the Wk 14 matchup between Seahawks and 49ers at San Fran. Hard for me to start either Kaep or Russell W.. So I might as well stick with the plan if coach Kubiak don't ruin it.

Good Luck !

Anyone watching this? Is it as bad as the stats suggest?

Losing to the jags, Keenum prob gonna get yanked again.

Anyone watching this? Is it as bad as the stats suggest?

Yes he looks tentative, inaccurate, and downright horrendous all-around. I can't believe I was dumb enough to start this mope after last week. Shame on me.

Generally speaking, he's been sucking it up in the 2nd half of games, after lighting it up in the first. Perhaps, it will be the opposite today.

Will he still keep his job? Apparently entire team stunk on Sunday and his only turnover was an INT that clearly wasn't his fault.