Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

NFL record 64yds FG by Prater

A field goal worth more points than a touchdown? Stupid.

+1

I have despised scoring inflation since they created the 25pt shot during the MTV Rock'N Jock All Star Game.

i missed it...was there just a few seconds left on the clock? how did they let him kick it? in any event he wont get the respect because it was in Denver

i missed it...was there just a few seconds left on the clock? how did they let him kick it? in any event he wont get the respect because it was in Denver

what exactly are you asking here?

I wonder how far Dempsey's kick would have gone in Denver?

his fake boot was loaded with lead, not fair.

He should get more respect. 15° temperature offsets the altitude. Kicking a ball in that cold is like kicking a brick. Maybe if Tom Dempsey would have kicked a cinder block that far with his altered wood blocked shoe, then it might be as impressive as Prater's kick yesterday. Besides, Elam and Janikowski both hit their record tying FG's in Denver also. Maybe Akers' kick is the most impressive. I'll have to go look at some footage.

He should get more respect. 15° temperature offsets the altitude.

It does? do you work with sports science in your spare time?

It does? do you work with sports science in your spare time?

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That and I'm more intelligenter than most. I kin use common sense to figger stuff out like that.

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That and I'm more intelligenter than most. I kin use common sense to figger stuff out like that.

:thumbsup:

Lame scoring. My stupid league does the same thing. A field goal worth more points than a touchdown? Stupid.

I don't think you have to worry about too many 60 yarders banging through.

Just like the Iron Sheik used to, Dempsey had a loaded boot

his fake boot was loaded with lead, not fair.

He had a half a foot. And he didn't put lead in his shoe. I've seen the shoes he used to wear. There is no room to load them with lead. Where did you hear that?

He had a half a foot. And he didn't put lead in his shoe. I've seen the shoes he used to wear. There is no room to load them with lead. Where did you hear that?

I made it up, just today. sounded plausible.

Dude had half a foot and used a flat shoe.

Not allowed to hold the record IMHO. Just like any record in MLB before they allowed everyone to play doesn't count.

+1

I have despised scoring inflation since they created the 25pt shot during the MTV Rock'N Jock All Star Game.

Im a firm believer that in BBall a shot beyond halfcourt should be 4pnts.

what exactly are you asking here?

Game situation that let them try from that distance?

Game situation that let them try from that distance?

3 seconds left in the first half.They were trying to move into scoring position before halftime, but that's as far as they got. Nothing to lose, last play of the half no matter what (barring penalty) The other team can run it back if it fall short, so I guess i should have said low chance of anything bad happening.

I said it at the time, I was surprised Kansas City didn't go for the record in a similar situation when they played in Denver. It could have given them the momentum to beat the Broncs that day.

Game Situation?

No... he nailed it during the half time show and is now crowned with having the longest FG in the history of the NFL.

Was a awesome kick, I was going against him but still admired it. These modern day kickers have got some power. The dude in St. Louis will be the next to break the record, I think he could knock in a 70 yarder, Gus hasn't got shat on him.

3 seconds left in the first half.They were trying to move into scoring position before halftime, but that's as far as they got. Nothing to lose, last play of the half no matter what

Nothing to lose? :doh:

He should get more respect. 15° temperature offsets the altitude. Kicking a ball in that cold is like kicking a brick. Maybe if Tom Dempsey would have kicked a cinder block that far with his altered wood blocked shoe, then it might be as impressive as Prater's kick yesterday. Besides, Elam and Janikowski both hit their record tying FG's in Denver also. Maybe Akers' kick is the most impressive. I'll have to go look at some footage.

This. Not sure how many of you Sally's live somewhere cold, but kicking a football at that temperature is impressive as hell. I'll give you the altitude argument on a 50 degree day but not at 15 degrees.

This. Not sure how many of you Sally's live somewhere cold, but kicking a football at that temperature is impressive as hell. I'll give you the altitude argument on a 50 degree day but not at 15 degrees.

They keep the balls warm and they are specially held on the side these days.

Dempsey used the actual game ball.

And he had a freakin' foot and he played in the NFL.

3 seconds left in the first half.They were trying to move into scoring position before halftime, but that's as far as they got. Nothing to lose, last play of the half no matter what (barring penalty) The other team can run it back if it fall short, so I guess i should have said low chance of anything bad happening.

I said it at the time, I was surprised Kansas City didn't go for the record in a similar situation when they played in Denver. It could have given them the momentum to beat the Broncs that day.

Nothing to lose? :doh:

Yeah, I know. I acknowledged that in the same post.

Zuerlein will break the record before he's done. He missed a 66 yarder that still hit the net. Prater's probably had yellow paint on it when it landed.

Hell... the Rams are so focking awful Fisher should let him try the FG anytime they have a 4th down inside the 50.