Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

****Official Live Academy Awards Discussion Thread****

Leto's speech was great. A tad over the top with the Venezuela/Ukraine talk IMO, but otherwise very good

• Like 1

Gravity is the only movie I have seen of all the popular nominees and it was good in my opinion but wow it looks like their night. What is that 7 so far?

Leto's speech was great. A tad over the top with the Venezuela/Ukraine talk IMO, but otherwise very good

I agree with you. What are you drinkin'? :)

Lupita Amondi Nyong'o the actress from 12 Years a Slave gave a great acceptance speech. :first:

My wife said same thing, i missed it.

I like McConnaughey but did he just say he is his own hero? :blink:

I took it as he wants to keep pushing himself and he can always be better and grow as a human being.

I like McConnaughey but did he just say he is his own hero? :blink:

I thought he was awesome in that movie and he has really transformed into a great actor after all those lousy chick flick roles he had in the past. The one thing I didn't like about his speech was that he didn't pay enough tribute to the guy he portrayed in the movie. This was a true story and the guy was a hero in his own right.

Lupita Amondi Nyong'o the actress from 12 Years a Slave gave a great acceptance speech. :first:

I thought that was one of the better speeches I have ever heard at an oscars. She was very composed throughout and didn't read off a piece of paper.

My wife insisted on watching the entire red carpet and the entire show.

Thank god for an ipad, netflix, and headphones. Who the fock can stomach watching that garbage?

I thought that was one of the better speeches I have ever heard at an oscars. She was very composed throughout and didn't read off a piece of paper.

Meh, fock Yale. She lost me with that shout-out

Thank god for an ipad, netflix, and headphones. Who the fock can stomach watching that garbage?

Yea women eat this stuff up. I think it has to do something with the dresses the women stars wear.

Seriously...

Harrison Ford def been boozin it up a bit tonight :cheers:

Is there something wrong with him?

He looked and talked all focked up like that in the David Blaine special thing a few months back.

Or is he just always drunk?

Is there something wrong with him?

He looked and talked all focked up like that in the David Blaine special thing a few months back.

Or is he just always drunk?

Alcoholic dementia perhaps? :(

so basically if you've got a film about black people or gays you automatically get the Oscar right?

so basically if you've got a film about black people or gays you automatically get the Oscar right?

it would be insensitive to think otherwise, and insensitivity is very very very bad

Only saw three of the Best Picture Nominees this year....Boyhood, Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel. All three very good movies but Oscar should go to either Birdman or Boyhood. Two of the better movies I've seen in a while.

Boyhood was awesome

Birdman is a bit overhyped to me. Hollywood types love it because it's "about" them.

Boyhood was awesome

Birdman is a bit overhyped to me. Hollywood types love it because it's "about" them.

Made it home in time from our dance competition... errrr, I mean competitive axe tossing.... to see the "big" awards. Meh, other than the ghey dood who talked about trying to kill himself at 16 for being different, I thought that was very powerful and a good use of his pulpit to make a social comment.

I honestly know nothing about Boyhood but based on the recommendations here I'll look into it. Similarly your comments on Birdman echo what I've heard so I don't know if it will make the cut.

I'm psyched that two movies about geeks (Theory of Everything and Imitation Game) were nominated. Also interested in Whiplash, as I played competitive trumpet as a kid and my son was a percussionist. My daughter loved Theory of Everything and was thrilled that it won Best Adapted Screenplay (I think that was it). Already seen American Sniper. Basically, this is the largest groups of nominated movies I've been interested in seeing in a very long time.