Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

RACIST!!! :mad:

My less classy friends likely called Eminem that when we were all kids.

Our unspoken task as Eight Mile white trash was to serve as a front line buffer that the nice suburbs could use to put distance between them and Detroit city limits.

What do you call an Asian person who can fly? :huh:

A pilot. You RACIST!

What do you call an Asian person who can fly? :huh:

A pilot. You RACIST!

What do you call an adjustable easy chair that gets kicked so hard it's launched 12 yards through the air?

30 years ago my brother was in the Air Force. He was the first one to spot the KAL flight going down. I believe we have the technology we know exactly where that plane is. hell, if we can spot a missile launch anywhere in the world pretty sure we can spot a f****** airliner.

I was listening to the local news radio, when the station played a clip of someone saying the airlines need to put up a global tracking system so we know where planes are at all times. It would cost the airlines tons of money and time to place all this tracking equipment around the world.

My question is, wtf happened to all the satellites? The gov knows where i am 24/7 but cant track a jet? This whole story doesnt make sense.

Wasn't there a thread here a while back about plane computers being hacked and the plane being controlled remotely?

I was listening to the local news radio, when the station played a clip of someone saying the airlines need to put up a global tracking system so we know where planes are at all times. It would cost the airlines tons of money and time to place all this tracking equipment around the world.

My question is, wtf happened to all the satellites? The gov knows where i am 24/7 but cant track a jet? This whole story doesnt make sense.

I'm not a tech geek but I was thinking about that black box and thinking the whole thing is kind of old fashioned. Can't they just transmit that data directly to a database that organizations like the NTSB could access?

I'm not a tech geek but I was thinking about that black box and thinking the whole thing is kind of old fashioned. Can't they just transmit that data directly to a database that organizations like the NTSB could access?

Yeah the dude on the radio was suggesting technology that seems dated. When i can transmit data from my house across the world, i would assume an airline could do the same, even if its from a plane.

It's true isn't it?

They couldn't afford a Real Pilot, so they hired Recliner Pilot?

It's true isn't it?

The guy who translates resumes from English was on vacation that week and they had a temp covering for him.

It's true isn't it?

:lol:

Supposedly this would be super-expensive but I can't imagine that's true. Certainly not so expensive as to be effectively impossible.

As rescuers continue searching for Malaysian Airlines flight 370, attention is turning to high-tech flight data recorders for answers – and the same questions many have raised for years are resurfacing.

Could better black boxes save lives? Could they at least help locate the missing Boeing 777? And if the technology is so good, why isn’t it required by law?

It could soon be. The International Civil Aviation Organization, an arm of the United Nations, is considering a resolution to do just that, explained Richard Hayden, director of Flyht Aerospace Solutions.

"There is regulatory action being considered by ICAO as a result of the findings of [Air France 477]," which plunged into the Atlantic in 2009, he told FoxNews.com. In fact, 40 airlines have adopted Flyht's high-tech black boxes to improve their routine operations, and the three biggest carriers in China are using the system or plan to, he said.

'It’s a small system. They give us IP addresses, we give them passwords and the data is all there in 15 seconds.'

- Richard Hayden, director of Flyht Aerospace Solutions

Not so for the big U.S. carriers, however.

“They’re excused, I would have to say, because there’s a lot of confusion over what it does versus what others do,” Hayden told FoxNews.com.

Hayden’s company makes a next-generation black box system called AFIRS (Automated Flight Information Reporting System), so advanced that it can be reprogrammed in-flight, at 30,000 feet, by beaming new commands to it off satellites.

The AFIRS system transmits a plane’s position every 5 to 10 minutes via the Iridium satellite network, and every second when it detects an abnormality. But the system also records a vast array of data from the flight such as pressures, engine parameters, flap positions and altimeters.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/03/10/missing-jet-raises-questions-real-time-black-boxes/

Malaysia military says missing jet way off course

...military radar picked up the location of the Boeing 777 several hundred miles to the west of its intended flight path to Beijing. If accurate, that would mean the plane flew for about an hour away in the opposite direction of its flight path without communicating to civilian radar or radio communications. Malaysia Airlines said searchers were widening the scope of the search Tuesday to focus for the first time on Malaysia's western coast.

:huh:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-investigation/6282557/

I would like to take this opportunity to recind my early guess - "Pilot Error" and pronounce this to be a full blown Terrorist Act.

I still think they stole the jet and landed it somewhere and will use it in the future for an attack :ninja:

One thing I'd really like to see before I die is phillybear getting hired to rewrite season six of Lost.

Yeah the dude on the radio was suggesting technology that seems dated. When i can transmit data from my house across the world, i would assume an airline could do the same, even if its from a plane.

Its focking Maylasia, they make cheap toys and tshirts that go from double x to anorexic in one wash.

The black box can survive 1200 degree celsius, sub zero temps, pressur, and any multitude of extreme conditions. Seriously, its been modernized.

I still think they stole the jet and landed it somewhere and will use it in the future for an attack :ninja:

Now that hijacking looks probable, the passengers could still be alive. Small chance, but better than no chance.

China said it had “immediately redeployed” 10 satellites to help in the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which disappeared early Saturday with 239 people, mostly Chinese, on board, as frustration mounted among families of the missing over the lack of progress.

According to a report on www.81.cn, or China Military Net, the military’s Xi’an Satellite Monitoring Center redeployed the satellites to help search on Saturday, as soon as news of the aircraft’s disappearance was received.

The center said the 10 satellites were of four types — the Haiyang, Fengyun, Gaofen and Yaogan — and were providing support for ships and aircraft at the search site.

Some of the satellites have altered their original functions — which were not specified — and were now involved in collecting weather data, aiding communications and performing targeted searches of the area where the aircraft is thought to have been lost.

Beidou — China’s global navigation satellite system — will also be deployed to support the 10 redirected satellites, the website said.

The Xi’an center has been working around the clock to program hundreds of instructions into the satellites so they can deliver back the fastest-possible data, said a spokesman for the center, who was not named.

Maybe they're scouring that whole part of the world to try to find an intact, hijacked plane :dunno:

(Reuters) - The pilot of a Malaysia Airlines jet that went missing on Saturday enjoyed flying the Boeing 777 so much that he spent his off days tinkering with a flight simulator of the plane that he had set up at home, current and former co-workers said.

Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, captain of the airliner carrying 239 people bound for Beijing from the Malaysian capital, had always wanted to become a pilot and joined the national carrier in 1981.

Airline staff who worked with the pilot said Zaharie knew the ins and outs of the Boeing 777 extremely well, as he was always practicing with the simulator. They declined to be identified due to company policy.

"He was an aviation tech geek. You could ask him anything and he would help you. That is the kind of guy he is," said a Malaysia Airlines co-pilot who had flown with Zaharie in the past.

Zaharie set up the Boeing 777 simulator at his home in a suburb on the outskirts of the Malaysian capital where many airline staff stay as it provides quick access to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

Pictures posted by Zaharie on his Facebook page show a simulator with three computer monitors, a tangle of wires and several panels.

"We used to tease him. We would ask him, why are you bringing your work home," said a pilot who knew Zaharie for 20 years.

Fella like that could land that plane many places, and would've had the opportunity to practice it as much as he wanted to beforehand with that flight simulator :ninja:

Its focking Maylasia, they make cheap toys and tshirts that go from double x to anorexic in one wash.

He was talking about implementing this system world wide, for US flights also.

people forget the Air France flight that crashed. It took a week to find that plane 2. And a whole lot longer to find the black boxes.

Nick Cage and Cyrus the Virus are dragging it out of the sand so they can fly it to mexico.

I'm running low on theories at this point. I'm down to...

1. Hijacked, passengers storm cockpit, crashed in ocean. It's happened before.

2. Hijacked and landed at Dr. Evil's airport (somewhere in Indonesia). Nothing like that has ever happened and the motive makes little sense.

That's all I got. Pilot error is off the table. Pilot suicide makes no sense after diverting 700 miles. Mechanical error is illogical now. What's left?

people forget the Air France flight that crashed. It took a week to find that plane 2. And a whole lot longer to find the black boxes.

Air France Flight 447 surface search

It was almost two days between the crash and debris spotted. Took off late 5/31, went down early 6/1, wreckage spotted 6/2.

I had to look it up because I heard conflicting things. One reporter was saying it was 5 days before there was any sight of it. It was 5 days before bodies began to be recovered.

Naomi I am surprised you haven't offered up some wild conspiracy theory yet as to what happened. BudBro too

Naomi I am surprised you haven't offered up some wild conspiracy theory yet as to what happened. BudBro too

Unwild theories are highly plausible.

:dunno:

authorities plan on doing an ultrasound of old maids hu ha. It could take days before the results come back.

Unwild theories are highly plausible.

:dunno:

I know those words but that sign makes no sense.

If the black box always survives, why don't they just make the whole plane out of it?

I know I"m stealing this from some comedian but it makes sense. Also, in this day and age of technology, GPS, etc, how the fvck do you lose a plane? Aren't Asians supposed to be smarter than Americans?

Wow some crazy focking news from the Wall Street Journal:

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing Co. 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.

That raises a host of new questions and possibilities about what happened aboard the widebody jet carrying 239 people, which vanished from civilian air-traffic control radar over the weekend, about one hour into a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur.

Six days after the mysterious disappearance prompted a massive international air and water search that so far hasn't produced any results, the investigation appears to be broadening in scope.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

The investigation remains fluid, and it isn't clear whether investigators have evidence indicating possible terrorism or espionage. So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven't ruled it out.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

:shocking:

I was kinda joking before but at this point I'm really thinking the pilot was involved in some scheme to steal this plane or some cargo or individuals on board

So what the hell were those Chinese satellite photos all about? Did they not get the memo about the plane flying for five more hours?

There's this dude on twitter, flyingwithfish, who appears to know some things and has sent out some rather interesting Tweets

Where is steak21, budbro, and Little Rusty? This is a conspiracy theorist's wet dream.