Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Friday Night Beer Review

You guys sound like a bunch of chicks discussing wine. :ninja:

We've caught on that if you pretend to appreciate the taste and flavor notes you can avoid the acknowledgement that you consume them to get inebriated.

This. WW must live in middle America. IPA's have been popular in California for over a decade.

ive lived in NY, NJ, PA

perhaps the popularity has just boomed in my area lately. because i honestly feel like a style I always enjoyed is now all anyone talks about.

Went to Gordon Biersch Saturday. Got their Hefe, average, 3 stars. They used to offer a Blonde Bock which I loved.

Also they are a pretty big chain and don't offer an IPA, I don't think. Interesting. They may only do lagers though. :dunno:

• Like 1

Bought a warm 6er of lagunitas sumpin'. Will chill tomorrow after I finish the Sams Noble Pils 6er

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

9% ABV

5 out of 5

I only bought this beer because of this thread, and because of all the 2's I plan on handing out over the next month.

This beer is one of the top beers in America. Strong Malty flavor with low bitterness. The flavor in this beer is exceptional, you would honestly think it is a 6% alcohol beer. I would strongly recommend this beer to any other beer snob.

A 5 out of 5 means something from me, because I gave a beer I like(St Arnolds Amber) a 2.5 out of 5 this last weekend.

Went to Gordon Biersch Saturday. Got their Hefe, average, 3 stars. They used to offer a Blonde Bock which I loved.

Also they are a pretty big chain and don't offer an IPA, I don't think. Interesting. They may only do lagers though. :dunno:

Marzen is the beer to get at GB.

• Like 1

You couldn't have said it better :first:

I drank some root beer this weekend. A & W.

Float or straight up?

Marzen is the beer to get at GB.

Yeah, the Martzen is good. Usually I get whatever they have for seasonal but this time it was some boring sounding blonde. I find that if none of the options at a place grab my fancy I'll get the wheat; I like them well enough. :dunno:

Not a fan of their beer at all. A lot of German beers have that skunky flavor. Personally i think it is nasty, and also because they dont make any type of pale ale i prefer not to go.

Southern Tier Brewing Company IPA

1/5

The taste of alcohol is too strong for a 7% beer.

Ever been to a chicks wine and cheese party? Last one I went to it was twenty chicks on the rag with a yeast infection.

If you're ever in the big sleazy and want to drink beer and eat raw oysters, I highly recommend this bar Cooter Browns. I've never seen a bigger beer selection, bottle or on tap, than any other place I've ever been. You name the beer, and they prolly have it.

Back in the day, they'd give you a card with beers around the world. Once you bought one from each country listed, you got a "Beer Around The World" t-shirt. I've earned three.

Also, I really enjoyed Belkin when I was in Belize. Cheap and will fawk you up quick.

I drank some root beer this weekend. A & W.

I had a float bitches. :headbanger:

Good thread....

One of my favorite breweries is probably Firestone Walker. Been much easier to find in my area (hour from Philly) lately for some reason.

Both the Union Jack IPA (7.6%) and Wookie Jack (8.3%, american style black ale) are two of my favorites.

But recently had their new summer beer, Easy Jack Summer Session IPA. Only 4.6% but thought it was a very good, lighter summer beer.

Good thread....

One of my favorite breweries is probably Firestone Walker. Been much easier to find in my area (hour from Philly) lately for some reason.

Both the Union Jack IPA (7.6%) and Wookie Jack (8.3%, american style black ale) are two of my favorites.

But recently had their new summer beer, Easy Jack Summer Session IPA. Only 4.6% but thought it was a very good, lighter summer beer.

Everything I've had from FW has been greta :thumbsup:

Went to dinner last week and had a Rush River Double Bubble double IPA. 9% ABV. Smooth....slightly sweet without harsh hoppiness. Very good.

Not a fan of their beer at all. A lot of German beers have that skunky flavor. Personally i think it is nasty, and also because they dont make any type of pale ale i prefer not to go.

Gordon Biersch isn't skunky.

Anyway, because I was thinking of the blonde bock, this past weekend I tried Rogue Dead Guy Ale (a similar maibock style). 6.4% abv-ish. It was really good, 4.5 stars.

. I like lighter wheats/belgiums like blue moon and shock top.

These 2 beers are as Belgian as Budweiser

Tried Rogue Farms 7 Hop IPA...nothing spectacular, pretty good American IPA, 8% ABV. Rating - 3.75.

Also tried, just in a shot glass, Flying Jenny Extra Pale Ale. 5.3% ABV. Went for the IPA instead but this was pretty good. Wife liked it quite a bit. Its from Grey Sail Brewery out of Rhode Island.

Typically drink Harpoon IPA and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Good Call TD on Tuckermans. I kind of forgot about that beer as I haven't seen it in awhile, but it was good.

• Like 1

Out of town on business. Just posted up at the bar for dinner and drinks. Help me choose a beer. I'm gonna try something new.

A. Ithaca Beer Co. Red IPA

B. Anchor Steam. Steam Beer. Cali.

C. Founders All Day IPA. Michigan

D. Jever Pilsener. Germany

E. Sixpoint Resin. Double IPA. New York.

So wtf is steam beer. I now it's a west coast thing so what's the deal?

ale brewed with lager yeast

D. Jever Pilsner Germany

I'm a big fan of Germany's Bitburger Pils - and bc of that I'd try the Jever.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, tried the steam beer first just because I was curious. Pretty good, tasted like a normal amber ale to he honest. Not much different than a Fat Tire or Sam Adams, maybe a touch more hops.

About to order the Sixpoint Resin IPA next, I'll sleep like a baby.

I'm a big fan of Germany's Bitburger Pils - and bc of that I'd try the Jever.

Looks like I'll be here a while, that one is queued up after the Sixpoint.

Lemme know KSB - the Bitburger was bitter but light and refreshing.... not too heavily carbonated either. Drank it while visiting over there so I have fond memories of it.

Looks like I'll be here a while, that one is queued up after the Sixpoint.

Jever is far better than Bitburger, but you really won't be able to taste it after the DIPA. Shoulda done them the other way round!

ah well, it's all good :cheers:

uhhhh.... thanks you asswholes, now I'm drinking on a Tues.

My choices were: Bass, Killians, Bud Light, and Yuengling.

I went with Yuengling.

I went with Yuengling.

T&P :(

Out of town on business. Just posted up at the bar for dinner and drinks. Help me choose a beer. I'm gonna try something new.

A. Ithaca Beer Co. Red IPA

B. Anchor Steam. Steam Beer. Cali.

C. Founders All Day IPA. Michigan

D. Jever Pilsener. Germany

E. Sixpoint Resin. Double IPA. New York.

F. all of the above

I went with Yuengling.

You order ringjing :ninja: