Sign in to follow this  
Quinnipiac Poll finds Obama worst President since World War II...

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2056

July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; More Voters Say Romney Would Have Been Better

President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, 33 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Another 28 percent pick President George W. Bush.

Ronald Reagan is the best president since WWII, 35 percent of voters say, with 18 percent for Bill Clinton, 15 percent for John F. Kennedy and 8 percent for Obama, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. Among Democrats, 34 percent say Clinton is the best president, with 18 percent each for Obama and Kennedy.

Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, 39 percent of voters say, while 40 percent say he is worse. Men say 43 - 36 percent that Obama is worse than Bush while women say 42 - 38 percent he is better. Obama is worse, Republicans say 79 - 7 percent and independent voters say 41 - 31 percent. Democrats say 78 - 4 percent that he is better.

Voters say by a narrow 37 - 34 percent that Obama is better for the economy than Bush.

America would be better off if Republican Mitt Romney had won the 2012 presidential election, 45 percent of voters say, while 38 percent say the country would be worse off.

Missing Mitt are Republicans 84 - 5 percent and independent voters 47 - 33 percent, while Democrats say 74 - 10 percent that the U.S. would be worse off with Romney.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

"Would Mitt have been a better fit? More voters in hindsight say yes."

American voters say 54 - 44 percent that the Obama Administration is not competent running the government. The president is paying attention to what his administration is doing, 47 percent say, while 48 percent say he does not pay enough attention.

President Obama's job approval rating, inching up since a negative 38 - 57 percent in December, 2013, his all-time low, is stalled at a negative 40 - 53 percent. This compares to the president's negative 42 - 50 percent job approval in an April 2 national survey.

Today, the president gets negative scores of 10 - 88 percent from Republicans, 31 - 59 percent from independent voters, 37 - 57 percent from men and 42 - 49 percent from women. Democrats approve 79 - 13 percent.

The president gets mixed grades for character as voters say 48 - 48 percent that he is honest and trustworthy and 51 - 47 percent that he cares about their needs and problems. He gets a negative 47 - 51 percent for leadership qualities.

The economy and jobs are the most important problems facing the country today, 35 percent of voters say, with 12 percent listing politicians/campaigns/corruption, 6 percent each for healthcare and foreign affairs, 5 percent for the budget and 4 percent each for education and immigration.

Obama gets negative grades for his handling of most key issues:

Negative 40 - 55 percent for handling the economy;
Negative 37 - 57 percent for foreign policy;
Negative 40 - 58 percent for health care;
50 - 40 percent for the environment;
Negative 44 - 51 percent for terrorism;

From June 24 - 30, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,446 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Colorado and the nation as a public service and for research.

In before the lame stupid "That settles it, I won't vote for him again" jokes...

Obummer has been pretty bad but between 9/11 and the Iraq War he doesn't come close to touching W's ineptitude.

:lol:

Have 3,000 American civilians died on US soil under Obama's watch?

Did Obama start two quagmires that the US still won't be able to extricate itself from a decade later?

The discussion pretty much ends there.

One of my more rabid anti-Obama Facebook "friends" just posted;

Painkiller prescriptions skyrocket under Obama... wonder if there is any connection

Funny part is, the only time the linked article mentions "skyrocket"(ing), it is in reference to 2003-2009.

"When states take action, overdose deaths can fall, according to an accompanying report from Florida. That state experienced skyrocketing drug overdose rates, linked to largely unregulated painkiller "pill mills" between 2003 and 2009, the report says. "

So, you know, at least people are staying rational about it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm shocked........

That they needed a poll to figure this out.

In my lifetime the list goes:

1. Reagan

2. Clinton

3. Bush Sr.

4a. Obummer

4b. Carter

6. :mad: BUSH! :mad:

Did Obama start two quagmires that the US still won't be able to extricate itself from a decade later?

The discussion pretty much ends there.

Seriously...its not close. W was the worst. I don't blame him for going after Osama and the Taliban though. I think we had to do that, so not very fair to say he started that quagmire.

Yes.

In his home base of Chicago as gang members who look like they could be Obama's son kill each other in eye popping numbers with illegal guns and his buddy as mayor yawns in apathy.

Yes.

In his home base of Chicago as gang members who look like they could be Obama's son kill each other in eye popping numbers with illegal guns and his buddy as mayor yawns in apathy.

Philly for the win!

:first:

Realistically, Obama is tied for the worst President of all time with James Buchanan, and Obama is slowly inching ahead.

GWB is a bottom ten President, just not sure where he slots in yet. You folks have to really remember history to rank these fuckos and not just knee jerk react to the last 2 guys automatically. Carter belongs in the conversation.

Gotta go with W on this one....Iraq and driving the economy over a cliff trump Obumbler's incompetencies.

Realistically, Obama is tied for the worst President of all time with James Buchanan, and Obama is slowly inching ahead.

GWB is a bottom ten President, just not sure where he slots in yet. You folks have to really remember history to rank these fuckos and not just knee jerk react to the last 2 guys automatically. Carter belongs in the conversation.

Its great how Obama is the worst...but people have to remember history and not just knee jerk react.

This poll was likely based on knee jerk reactions.

He is down there for sure...but Bush was worse. It may be getting closer...but Bush is still down there and most reasonable people would see that.

Given the 24 hour news cycle, instant information world we live in coupled with the hyperpartisanship that has bled out of Washington for the past two presidencies, this result is unsurprising.

The next president, whoever it is, Republican or Democrat, will also be rated the worst, and the next one after that, and the next one after that.

Bush Sr. doesn't get the credit he deserves, I'd say he was the best in my lifetime. Reagan is next, but not for the reasons conservatives trumpet, because at his core, he was not a true conservative. Then Clinton, Obama, Bush Jr, and finally, Carter, People forget how horiffically bad Carter was.

Its great how Obama is the worst...but people have to remember history and not just knee jerk react.

This poll was likely based on knee jerk reactions.

He is down there for sure...but Bush was worse. It may be getting closer...but Bush is still down there and most reasonable people would see that.

You'd think so, I'm just afraid at how dysfunctional the government can be, the likes of the last two are the new standard. All the real leaders aren't going to get involved with that stuff

So republicans overwhelmingly think he is worse than Bush and democrats think he is better. Ground breaking poll.

Given the 24 hour news cycle, instant information world we live in coupled with the hyperpartisanship that has bled out of Washington for the past two presidencies, this result is unsurprising.

The next president, whoever it is, Republican or Democrat, will also be rated the worst, and the next one after that, and the next one after that.

Bush Sr. doesn't get the credit he deserves, I'd say he was the best in my lifetime. Reagan is next, but not for the reasons conservatives trumpet, because at his core, he was not a true conservative. Then Clinton, Obama, Bush Jr, and finally, Carter, People forget how horiffically bad Carter was.

ETA I didn't add Ford or Nixon since I wasn't really old enough to judge them.

Bush was not good, but Obama is awful, just plain bad.

It all hinges on the success or failure of the ACA in the next decade. If it fails, you put him at or near the bottom. We already can do that with Bush Jr.

Gotta go with W on this one....Iraq and driving the economy over a cliff trump Obumbler's incompetencies.

Oh, but Obama is a sneaky sh!t. Doubling down on the Patriot Act, bypassing Congress with executive orders, drones, IRS targeting groups, Eric Holder's gun running, Libya embassy, Obamacare disaster, stimulus complete failure, doing the impossible and seeing the economy show no signs of life his entire time in office, record number of people unemployed, allowed Putin to mushroom stamp him dozens of times in front of the world, complete disregard for the Constitution, the rise of ISIS.....

Can you really rank presidents that served before your lifetime? Realistically, W was considerably worse than Obama.

Oh, I forgot to add establishing a huge illegal surveillance program complete with administration officials lying to congress about it to Bush's suck column

Bush Sr was very good...shame that Clinton was so charismatic (not that Clinton was a bad president....just would have liked to have seen Bush Sr for a second term)

Bush Sr was very good...shame that Clinton was so charismatic (not that Clinton was a bad president....just would have liked to have seen Bush Sr for a second term)

Blame Ross Perot on that one.

It all hinges on the success or failure of the ACA in the next decade. If it fails, you put him at or near the bottom. We already can do that with Bush Jr.

His handling of immigration is horrible, ACA is quickly turning into a bust, possible IRS abuse, lack of real leadership domestically, no partisanship what so ever, gun running program backfire, unemployment still up 6 years in, no improvements in VA, abuse of executive power and I'm sure I missed some.

Now I know some of these problems have existed, but to make no improvements over time is not good. I'll give credit where credit is do, but there just isn't much here.

Blame Ross Perot on that one.

That and what was going on with the economy plus the whole "no new taxes" fock up.

He got hammered for that then...think of how bad it would be now with media after going back on that one.

Oh, but Obama is a sneaky sh!t. Doubling down on the Patriot Act, bypassing Congress with executive orders, drones, IRS targeting groups, Eric Holder's gun running, Libya embassy, Obamacare disaster, stimulus complete failure, doing the impossible and seeing the economy show no signs of life his entire time in office, record number of people unemployed, allowed Putin to mushroom stamp him dozens of times in front of the world, complete disregard for the Constitution, the rise of ISIS.....

You could say everything about about Bush, and throw in the worst terrorist attack in US history plus the worst botched foreign policy decision since Vietnam. :dunno:

Sure. Why not?

You don't have a clear perspective on what was going on at the time.

You could say everything about about Bush, and throw in the worst terrorist attack in US history plus the worst botched foreign policy decision since Vietnam. :dunno:

Obama's long game is to expand government more and more into each of our lives like a virus feeding and feeding some more. Along with fundamentally trying to change the role of the executive branch to be more powerful than legislative and judicial, which will upset the balance of powers and lead to a collapse of the balance of our government and lead to really scary times, potentially.

His handling of immigration is horrible, ACA is quickly turning into a bust, possible IRS abuse, lack of real leadership domestically, no partisanship what so ever, gun running program backfire, unemployment still up 6 years in, no improvements in VA, abuse of executive power and I'm sure I missed some.

Now I know some of these problems have existed, but to make no improvements over time is not good. I'll give credit where credit is do, but there just isn't much here.

I can't argue any of that, but if the ACA is successful, those other things will fade over time and his standing will improve. Ronald Reagan is widely considered a great president, but people have forgotten over time that his second term was clouded by Iran Contra.

You don't have a clear perspective on what was going on at the time.

Hitler was long gone before I was born, but I feel confident saying he sukked.

Obama's long game is to expand government more and more into each of our lives like a virus feeding and feeding some more. Along with fundamentally trying to change the role of the executive branch to be more powerful than legislative and judicial, which will upset the balance of powers and lead to a collapse of the balance of our government and lead to really scary times, potentially.

I see most of Obummer's shortcomings as a natural extension of the last regime. Is the ACA more of an overreach than the US government declaring its right to kidnap and torture its own citizens without ever charging them wtih a crime? I think the GOP today has a serious priorities problem.

I see most of Obummer's shortcomings as a natural extension of the last regime. Is the ACA more of an overreach than the US government declaring its right to kidnap and torture its own citizens without ever charging them wtih a crime? I think the GOP today has a serious priorities problem.

Ah, fock the GOP too. But Obama is not simply just kidnapping and holding prisoners indefinitely, he is also killing U.S. citizens without even charging them with a crime. He takes it to ELEVEN. That's one louder.