Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Who did you pick up to replace Josh

Britt or jones. Britt more of an impact now player, jones will be out the first 4 weeks i believe. I also believe that jones does not get his starting spot back if sanu is playing well.

I'm waiting a day or two to be sure he doesn't continue down the legal road similar to the Williams'. If he chooses to do so, he could an injunction that would allow him to play. Losing this fight would almost certainly mean he'd get the full calendar as opposed to the hope of being reinstated after this season. Of course, in addition to continuing the legal fight allowing him to play now, it could lead to a settlement of a lesser penalty, say 8 games.

I went to the effort of drafting him in 3 of 4 leagues, I can wait a day or two before I grab another #5 WR, #5 RB, or 3rd TE.

Britt is a good call. hill is more of a gunslinger who isn't afraid to let guys go get it. the rams have no one else to throw to so he may be the guy to take pressure off of Stacy and the run game.

If I could I wouldnt get a WR at that level.... I would just go into the season with one less bench WR, and have an extra RB on my bench.

How either Matthew with the Eagles or M Evans with the Bucs .

How either Matthew with the Eagles or M Evans with the Bucs .

I like both those guys, I have Matthews on my roster but Evans was gone by the time I drafted so I didn't have to ponder that decision.

I'm in the 'wait a week and see' crowd. I think he's gone for the year and nothing is going to fix that but you never know what kind of shenanigans a clever lawyer can cook up.

Adam Kaplan was just on ESPN and said Gordon will probably sue and possibly get an injunction so he can play while the lawsuit is ongoing and that (in Kaplans opinion) he had a good case and Kaplan said if he was Gordon he would sue as the discrepancy in the two samples is a good enough issue to sue over. He explains that the NFL never explained why two samples of the same urine could be different. Guess dropping him might not be a good idea until this is settled.

Adam Kaplan was just on ESPN and said Gordon will probably sue and possibly get an injunction so he can play while the lawsuit is ongoing and that (in Kaplans opinion) he had a good case and Kaplan said if he was Gordon he would sue as the discrepancy in the two samples is a good enough issue to sue over. He explains that the NFL never explained why two samples of the same urine could be different. Guess dropping him might not be a good idea until this is settled.

LOL I am hoping all owners keep him all year, never know when that ruling would come down.....

LOL I am hoping all owners keep him all year, never know when that ruling would come down.....

I imagine whatever happens will happen quickly. Either he gets a TRO that allows him to continue to earn or the court tells him to GTFO.

Yeah might as well hold onto him at this point. Anybody on waivers right now is nobody you are going to start anyway.....so might as well hold the lotto ticket for a bit.....and if a major injury occurs where someone on waivers has a golden opportunity ( Yes im talking to you Donald Brown)......then make that call whether to dump him.

I imagine whatever happens will happen quickly. Either he gets a TRO that allows him to continue to earn or the court tells him to GTFO.

cause all of this has happened so quickly

cause all of this has happened so quickly

I imagine his complaint will be that he has been blocked from earning. While the arbitrator didn't seem to find this a pressing matter the court might see it otherwise given that the season is about to begin and missed games is missed pay.

I imagine his complaint will be that he has been blocked from earning. While the arbitrator didn't seem to find this a pressing matter the court might see it otherwise given that the season is about to begin and missed games is missed pay.

Also don't forget the judges have huge egos. You don't think a judge would be interested in having all the attention that this case would bring to their court room? This is not over.

Also don't forget the judges have huge egos. You don't think a judge would be interested in having all the attention that this case would bring to their court room? This is not over.

I hadn't thought about that aspect. Depending on the personality of the judge, having the NFL in your court room with their drug policy in question might be as irresistible as weed is to Josh Gordon.

Because only a receiver with elite skills is going to consistently thrive in that offense.

Why must you continuously bad-mouth my dynasty players? (Hawkins & Hurns)

:cry:

Lol... what is a judge going to do, overturn and rewrite the NFL's drug policy for marijuana? Which was collectively bargained for by the players union? Because that's what you're saying. I get that progressive minded judges are grabbing huge power in this country today, but this is a reach.

anyone who drafted him to begin with made a giant mistake...and yes I was telling people this pre-draft...and no, it's not ONLY a X round pick... pick up Hawkins and pretend you drafted him in whatever round you took josh

anyone who drafted him to begin with made a giant mistake...and yes I was telling people this pre-draft...and no, it's not ONLY a X round pick... pick up Hawkins and pretend you drafted him in whatever round you took josh

Lol what? I'm not sure it even qualifies as a mistake, let alone a 'giant mistake'. The round in which a person selected Josh Gordon absolutely factors in. Have a sense of proportion, dude.

In my case, it was the 13th round. Earlier today I checked my list of late round fliers I was looking at for the draft and they are all there on the waiver wire. Whenever I feel like dropping Gordon I'll pick up a guy I might have selected in place of Gordon had he been gone. There is literally no consequence for me for having selected Gordon.

• Like 1

HA HA! SexyRexy!

I took Gordon in 3 of 4 leagues. All as my 5th WR. Basically a position I hop never to play anyway. He was (is?) worth the risk to anyone who really knows how to play the game.

This guy posted over a month ago that Gordon would win his appeal & get no suspension.

Then about 3-4 weeks ago, he hedged his bet, and said IF Gordon gets suspended, he'll sue b/c the NFL policy violates Ohio law (it doesn't).

Then, at the beginning of last week, when the decision had been made, but not yet announced, he said that IF Gordon didn't win, his lawyers would file a lawsuit that very day (they didn't).

Now, he's expecting a lawsuit any day now, and b/c he claims to have spoken to a court clerk who is "ready" for a lawsuit, that's his "proof" that it's happening.

He doesn't know what he's talking about, but he's trying to get as many page views as possible from people how are desperately hoping Gordon will beat this.

If Gordon's camp is not mindful the NFL may get a case of red-ass and change the suspension to an entire calendar year. That takes the knucklehead out of all 2015 offseason activities and much of pre-season.

Where are these legions of desperate Josh Gordon owners? If you drafted him as your WR2 in the 5th round sure, you are probably pretty desperate for some good news. Only I don't know a single person who did that. All of my friends who drafted him or thought about drafting him did so in rounds 11+. Everyone I know that still has him rostered is just eating popcorn watching the show. If/when I drop him I won't even replace him with a wide receiver because I planned on him not being part of the picture this year.

If you are crying yourself to sleep at night because you drafted him as an integral part of your team, please identify yourself so I know one of you exists.

I actually traded him in my keeper league for Cordarelle Patterson two weeks ago. Just tired of The World Turns with Josh Gordon.

Well P.F.T. posted on their Twitter to be mindful of Josh Gordon news, A.K.A. his camp suing the N.F.L.