Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Gordon/Welker vote TOMORROW

I lose a few IQ points every time I check this thread.

Yeah, but it's worth it . Besides, what's a few points among friends :)

Just now from twitter:

@AdamSchefter: When a new drug policy is approved as early as this afternoon, Josh Gordon's suspension expected to be reduced to 8 games, per source.

@RapSheet: Its set for this afternoon RT @NickWeichold: @RapSheet you hear any whispers on a vote?

Per Dan Patrick show,deal is in and Gordon gets suspension reduced( tentatively) to 8 weeks..will be finalized soon!

I lose a few IQ points every time I check this thread.

Are negative numbers really possible?

(I kid! I kid!)

• Like 1

Per Dan Patrick show,deal is in and Gordon gets suspension reduced( tentatively) to 8 weeks..will be finalized soon!

So presumably 6 more weeks? Not sure how much to bid on him tonight now.

• Like 1

An 8 game suspension means he would come back week 10 (missing 8 games plus Cleveland's week 4 bye).

Not sure how I feel about holding a guy for so long, to get 7 games of actual use. I hope I can do it.

@Giants Fan Not everyone picked him up from F.A., some of us spent a late round flier on him and never dropped him (a bench spot slash power ball ticket). Don't be jelly.

Jay Feely is on First Take right now saying if it passes tonight there will be six stages, a higher threshold, and it will apply retroactively to every player.

The talk of 8 games would include the first game he already served. It's not a new suspension, but a reduction of the suspension he's already serving, so time already served counts.

So he'd be back for week 9 (which accounts for the week 4 bye). For those of us in a leagues with 13 regular season games, that leaves him 5 games of reg season plus fantasy playoffs.

Seems worth it to keep him? Unless you can get a good trade for him. As someone who owns him in all leagues, I'm not sure whether to stash him for that long or try to deal him. What are others doing? And if you're open to trading, what are you asking for him? Obviously his trade value goes way up the closer we get to week 9

The talk of 8 games would include the first game he already served. It's not a new suspension, but a reduction of the suspension he's already serving, so time already served counts.

So he'd be back for week 9 (which accounts for the week 4 bye). For those of us in a leagues with 13 regular season games, that leaves him 5 games of reg season plus fantasy playoffs.

Seems worth it to keep him? Unless you can get a good trade for him. As someone who owns him in all leagues, I'm not sure whether to stash him for that long or try to deal him. What are others doing? And if you're open to trading, what are you asking for him? Obviously his trade value goes way up the closer we get to week 9

He would be back week 10. BYE Week doesnt count towards anything

He'd be back week 10. His 8th game would be served in week 9, because of week 4 bye.

The play here is to hold him and see how your season is going. If you are in trouble by weeks 4-6, trade him to someone who is in 1-4 place.

I'm keeping him. Drafted as if he didn't exist and built a nice roster with a few bench pieces aimed at turning two 5's into a 9 or 10. You can't put a price on a healthy top five WR/free second rounder during that five week stretch run. Furthermore it's ridiculous to drop him, let someone who is treading water pick him up and blast you out of the playoff race because you wanted to roster some back up RB.

What about Welker? How many will he get reduced?

Like someone mentioned earlier, he's white, so no more suspension! LOL

Like someone mentioned earlier, he's white, so no more suspension! LOL

That's the reverse affirmative action for the 3 white receivers in the league.

right, he'd be back week 10, sorry. So that's only 4 games before playoffs. Of course you wouldn't drop him for a some crappy back RB backup....you either hold him or try to trade him for the best you can get. That's what I'm trying to figure out...which to do. Trying to figure out what people would offer for him right now.

I guess I'll try to offer him to the guy who originally drafted him and then dropped him, to see what I can get from him. Otherwise, will hold as long as possible. I added Welker too! Not bad, I have Gordon, Welker, Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, and Michael Crabtree. Anyway, so we can expect Welker back next week, not this weekend, right? I'm curious what level of production you all are expecting from Welker (assuming he stays healthy of course, which is a big if).

Any word from Gordon ? What does he say ? Someone call the dealership

Just called. He's got a great deal on a Kia Ultima and if you buy now he'll even throw in the limited warranty for free.

Hey, 5-8 games (depending on whether you make the playoffs and what week your playoff's start) from Gordon is like 16 games from 99% of the league's other WR's.

HOLD.

@AdamSchefter: When a new drug policy passes - assuming it does - Wes Welker's suspension would be lifted to answer your question, @lindacohn.

I know Gordon is currently allowed no contact with the Browns organization. If he gets this possible reduced suspension, does he get to practice and be around the team now or does he have to stay away no matter how long the suspension is?

Hey, 5-8 games (depending on whether you make the playoffs and what week your playoff's start) from Gordon is like 16 games from 99% of the league's other WR's.

HOLD.

I think you are crazy not to hold. Who else is going to give you that kind of upside week 10 and on?

I drafted him in 3 of 4 leagues and picked him up after he was dropped in the fourth all with hope of getting 8 games of play or more. This result is on the low end, but still worth it.

I know Gordon is currently allowed no contact with the Browns organization. If he gets this possible reduced suspension, does he get to practice and be around the team now or does he have to stay away no matter how long the suspension is?

If the suspension is less then a year and not related to PEDs he can use the facilities and be around the team. I am not sure if he can actually practice with the team.

I dunno, even when he comes back I doubt he'd be game ready right away. I'd think it would take at least another 2 weeks to get into game shape. At that point you're looking at 2 games and maybe 2 additional playoff games.

I'll take my chances on picking him back up in 7 weeks. I don't have the roster room for him.

I dunno, even when he comes back I doubt he'd be game ready right away. I'd think it would take at least another 2 weeks to get into game shape. At that point you're looking at 2 games and maybe 2 additional playoff games.

I'll take my chances on picking him back up in 7 weeks. I don't have the roster room for him.

He played in the pre-season games, he should be ready. And seeing that he did play in pre-season, not sure why he wouldn't be able to practice with the team.

He played in the pre-season games, he should be ready. And seeing that he did play in pre-season, not sure why he wouldn't be able to practice with the team.

You aren't allowed any contact with the team or to practice/workout in their facilities when you are suspended, to my knowledge.

I have space for him in 1/3 leagues, so I will keep him in that one league. But for the other 2, I can't really hold him. Especially when bye weeks roll around, chances are you'd cut him.

So, I guess we can expect to see Johnny Manssiere with his first start in week 10.

dont own him anywhere, but let me ask you this. if you had calvin johnson on your team and he got hurt last week, and they said he was gonna be out 8 weeks, would you drop him? of course not. if you drop gordon, its essentially the same thing. if the owner that has him in my league(s) is off to a slow start, i will def start to pepper him with offers in a few weeks.

dont own him anywhere, but let me ask you this. if you had calvin johnson on your team and he got hurt last week, and they said he was gonna be out 8 weeks, would you drop him? of course not. if you drop gordon, its essentially the same thing. if the owner that has him in my league(s) is off to a slow start, i will def start to pepper him with offers in a few weeks.

i see your point, and am not planning on dropping Gordon, but this analogy is still not exactly "the same thing." Calvin was a 1st round draft pick, a major investment by his owners, and Gordon is a waiver wire addition, and not nearly the same kind of investment.

This just in:

Browns coach Mike Pettine expressed some skepticism Friday that Josh Gordon will rejoin the team after his eight-game suspension is through.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday that Gordon's ban is expected to dip from 16 to eight games pending the approval of a new drug policy. "I'll believe it when I see it," were Pettine's words. The Browns likely view anything they get from Gordon as a 2014 bonus. Fantasy owners should have the same approach. Sep 12 - 1:26 PM

No it's not the same thing. Megatron has a track record with the same offense and QB and has been a performer year in and year out his entire career. He is also a 1st round pick.

Gordon is a late round pick or WW addition, has had one good year, is on a franchise that has perpetually been weak, has not played with the QB he will play with if he does come back, is in a new offense, and also has no contact with the team because of his suspension. With Megatron I'd imagine an injury would keep him out, and he'd have already played a game, knows the offense and QB, and would still be in constant contact with coaches and be attending offensive meetings so as to be up to speed.