Sign in to follow this  
mccombsau

Seriously, drop AP or not?

I just dropped AP. Even though I feel like he will eventually be back this year I just could not hold onto both him and Josh gordon and we all know gordon will come back and help while even if AP comes back he is not going to be in gameshape. Plus he was a ww pickup so its not like he cost me anything.

dropped him the minute they put him on that commish inactive whatever list. It just really saddens me that people can't even have the simplest of perspective. This is not a team contending for a championship, and they already bungled the way they handled his 1 game inactive, lets bring him back, blahblah. Bunch of their own sponsors got upset, and then league sponsors said this along with rice is not to their liking, as far as how it's handled. Game over. Do you dimwits really not understand this?!? Do you understand what the ramifications are if he comes back week 10, 11, 6 whenever the ######?!? THe public will be up in arms, and then the sponsors will flip out. He's done as a viking. Life doesn't revolve around how much of a FF stud he's been for years. There is a strong possibility his career is over. Ray rice's is most certainly over. Jesus have some perspective. How would it benefit a 3-7 viking team with him coming back week 11 regardless. Dumb ass simple minded morons on this website I swear to god. FANTASY FANTASY FANTASY!!!! Yea we get it moron, fantasy football is one of the most important things in your simple country ass life. Doesn't mean the rest of the world dances to that beat. Smarten up please for christ sake you're giving me an ulcer with your stupidity!!!

• Like 1

People are all over the place with opinions on what will happen to AP this year. I traded him for next year's third round pick. He has trade value. Get something for him instead of just dropping him.

So is it safe to say his year is done? Can't trade him since it's a redraft league. Zero value for next year.

Second straight year (2013 - Trent Richardson) my #1 pick was a bust.

dropped him the minute they put him on that commish inactive whatever list. It just really saddens me that people can't even have the simplest of perspective. This is not a team contending for a championship, and they already bungled the way they handled his 1 game inactive, lets bring him back, blahblah. Bunch of their own sponsors got upset, and then league sponsors said this along with rice is not to their liking, as far as how it's handled. Game over. Do you dimwits really not understand this?!? Do you understand what the ramifications are if he comes back week 10, 11, 6 whenever the ######?!? THe public will be up in arms, and then the sponsors will flip out. He's done as a viking. Life doesn't revolve around how much of a FF stud he's been for years. There is a strong possibility his career is over. Ray rice's is most certainly over. Jesus have some perspective. How would it benefit a 3-7 viking team with him coming back week 11 regardless. Dumb ass simple minded morons on this website I swear to god. FANTASY FANTASY FANTASY!!!! Yea we get it moron, fantasy football is one of the most important things in your simple country ass life. Doesn't mean the rest of the world dances to that beat. Smarten up please for christ sake you're giving me an ulcer with your stupidity!!!

Just to enlighten you on one thing. While we agree that Peterson is not going to be playing, there is one thing that you are not putting in perspective.

The reason everyone is talking about his fantasy value is because (shocker coming.....) this is a fantasy football website?! Most of us, when I say most I mean like 99.9% of us come in here to talk about NFL players fantasy value. I guess I don't understand why you're getting an ulcer by reading about Peterson on a fantasy football site where people are questioning his fantasy value. Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon and others, they're idiots. They do stupid stuff. In the end all anyone cares about is whether or not they will be putting up fantasy points for them. If you're not sure of their status for your fantasy team. Come to a fantasy site and see if you can figure it out. Nobody has lost perspective and there only a few dimwits in here. People are just trying to figure out whether or not he's worth holding onto.

Myself, I owned him in one league and dropped him within an hour of hearing the story. Noway will he play or should he play. He's a piece of trash.

Just to enlighten you on one thing. While we agree that Peterson is not going to be playing, there is one thing that you are not putting in perspective.

The reason everyone is talking about his fantasy value is because (shocker coming.....) this is a fantasy football website?! Most of us, when I say most I mean like 99.9% of us come in here to talk about NFL players fantasy value. I guess I don't understand why you're getting an ulcer by reading about Peterson on a fantasy football site where people are questioning his fantasy value. Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon and others, they're idiots. They do stupid stuff. In the end all anyone cares about is whether or not they will be putting up fantasy points for them. If you're not sure of their status for your fantasy team. Come to a fantasy site and see if you can figure it out. Nobody has lost perspective and there only a few dimwits in here. People are just trying to figure out whether or not he's worth holding onto.

Myself, I owned him in one league and dropped him within an hour of hearing the story. Noway will he play or should he play. He's a piece of trash.

I was thinking the same thing. Well said.

Guess he can be dropped...

ok so I'm not really getting an ulcer, and yes my reactions are generally over the top. Thing is, the most absurd things get thrown around on the internet, and this is my way of responding to them. So to your point then, yes of course it's a FF site. That doesn't mean you can't have some perspective. Last I checked, FF still fits under the bigger umbrella of society. Saying this is a FF site so we can make absurd statements about AP's situation or anything else is not valid. That's like one step away from having a discussion over whether Priest Holmes is coming back this year and if he does what is his value down the stretch. It's like going on a political forum and saying Obama sucks. Yeah it's a political forum and Obama is a politician, so it's a valid point right?!?

Everything has to be in context. 80% of this board is wishful thinking. Grown ass men can't sit around wishing things would happen. It's absurd. It goes well beyond this thread, read every thread on the first page and you'll see the most absurd discussions had for the sake of validating players dudes have. it's sad really. In the big picture, it honestly doesn't mean to me. I just like talking and belittling stupid people. It relieves the boredom of the day...and if in the process I can provide some desperately needed perspective, it's just gravy on top...

ok so I'm not really getting an ulcer, and yes my reactions are generally over the top. Thing is, the most absurd things get thrown around on the internet, and this is my way of responding to them. So to your point then, yes of course it's a FF site. That doesn't mean you can't have some perspective. Last I checked, FF still fits under the bigger umbrella of society. Saying this is a FF site so we can make absurd statements about AP's situation or anything else is not valid. That's like one step away from having a discussion over whether Priest Holmes is coming back this year and if he does what is his value down the stretch. It's like going on a political forum and saying Obama sucks. Yeah it's a political forum and Obama is a politician, so it's a valid point right?!?

Everything has to be in context. 80% of this board is wishful thinking. Grown ass men can't sit around wishing things would happen. It's absurd. It goes well beyond this thread, read every thread on the first page and you'll see the most absurd discussions had for the sake of validating players dudes have. it's sad really. In the big picture, it honestly doesn't mean ###### to me. I just like talking ###### and belittling stupid people. It relieves the boredom of the day...and if in the process I can provide some desperately needed perspective, it's just gravy on top...

Too funny. Only a few go way overboard. I think most just want to be sure he's not gonna come back week ten and have six games where he explodes. Noway in hell do I see him coming back for reasons you stated. Sponsors and a PR nightmare.

I don't think there's any question he's not going to play this year. I just picked him off waivers for less than 1/3 of his auction price.

The question to me is whether he's going to play ever again. He's 30 next year as well.

He is still 90% owned in CBS. I think most owners just can't give up the ghost. He hasn't been dropped in any of my leagues.

The time to sell was when the news first broke and buyers thought they were catching panicked owners when it looked like the Vikes would weather the storm. - Take a good shot at trying to trade him to the Asiata owner for a WR or TE on bye, something, anything, see what happens.

p00h, now that you've delivered your PSA for the month get back down in the geek bored where you belong.

Unless he is close to a plea agreement, there is no chance he gets back. I doubt if you will see him in a Viking uniform again. I think unless he works for a lot less, because no one else wants him, he is done as a Viking. Even before all this they were not interested in a 31 year old RB under his current pay scale.

Unless he is close to a plea agreement, there is no chance he gets back. I doubt if you will see him in a Viking uniform again. I think unless he works for a lot less, because no one else wants him, he is done as a Viking. Even before all this they were not interested in a 31 year old RB under his current pay scale.

another aspect of the situation that the wishful crowd keeps ignoring, despite the fact that such publications as Forbes, as well as most major sports outlets, have reported on it. His contract with the vikes is absurd for a rb in this day and age. As the best of this generation, I guess he deserved it, but since he entered the league, the value of a rb in the league has greatly diminished. They don't get drafted high anymore and they don't get paid big anymore. He's hogging a HUGE part of their cap, relatively speaking. Read some of the articles. They basically break down the average AP season over the past few years. It's a great season, but for 12 mil a year, and increasing in the upcoming years. For 500 grand, you can get 80% of that production from a handful of backs in this league. It makes no sense, unless they're on the verge of a championship, which they clearly are not. Vikes are happy to be out from under it, just waiting for some closure on his case so they can cut him. After that, good luck getting a gig for more than a mil a year, at his age and wear and tear. It's not out of the realm of possibility that his career is over. Lot depends on what the outcome of his case is, but his price is not trivial to the equation, this year and beyond. Would he want to play for 1 mil a year and get booed by people in a different city?!? I wouldn't...

In Dynasty, you have to hold him as he'll end up playing for someone next season. I don't think he can be compared to Ray Rice though. Rice was clearly going downhill last season, so teams are more likely to shy away from him. Peterson hasn't shown signs of decline yet. Plus, this season off may not be a bad thing for his fantasy value. He will be on a team next year, but won't be back before then. Nobody can tell me the Raiders, Cowboys (Murray is a free agent they aren't going to overpay), Redskins (they love the big name), Panthers (can release both RB's this offseason), Falcons (Steven who?) or a half dozen other teams won't be lining up to kick the tires. While what he did was disgusting, he didn't try to hide it, didn't lie, has been open and forthcoming and will attend whatever "counseling" the court mandates for him.

To date, no one in my dynasty leagues has dropped him. In my redrafts, I don't own him in any, but he's still on the roster of every person that drafted him. As someone else pointed out, that's awesome for the rest of the league.

Find it hard to believe he wont play again. We have already heard how much Jerry Jones loves him and he needs to win. Maybe AP and Murray backfield? hahaha doubt that happens but he will play again no doubt

I think he's a hold until week 8 when his court situation may be resolved.

What would you be dropping him for? Some RB3/Flex play that you'll probably never start anyway.

i feel like its so hard to drop him, because if he does happen to come back and play like a stud your screwed. I understand the pr and media bs, but the guy hasnt gotten convicted of anything and hes done for the season? and for the people saying hes 30 and has no worth going forward lol have you guys seen him play? no other running back is on his level from a running/pure talent skill level

For those of you still holding out hope AP saves you this season read this! Hahahaha

-have 18 kids by 13 different ladies

-beat kids with sticks

-pay for sex parties with charity funds because can't afford them on own because of all child support from not being able to cover little AP

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/10/06/peterson-reportedly-used-charity-funds-to-pay-for-sex-party/?intcmp=latestnews

For those of you still holding out hope AP saves you this season read this! Hahahaha

-have 18 kids by 13 different ladies

-beat kids with sticks

-pay for sex parties with charity funds because can't afford them on own because of all child support from not being able to cover little AP

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/10/06/peterson-reportedly-used-charity-funds-to-pay-for-sex-party/?intcmp=latestnews

Sees a fox news link. SMH. Not clicking.

Unless they can plead this out to a nothing charge, how would he ever be able to play this year. I think the majority are saying he will not get the plea low enough to have the current commish say go play.. I think AP was talking to Jerry this summer seeing this coming. The Vikes have a huge problem next Feb when they have to come up with money or cut him. That seems to be the bigger question for us in Viking country. Although I hope AP will be back - I have been convinced by the locals it will not happen.

I think that is what happens. A plea to nothing. Two prior grand juries refused to even press charges in this case. This will be dropped, there will be no conviction, and then how do do you deny an innocent man the right to play. Answer: you don't. Anyone who drops AP is crazy. I think he is back by Week 9.

I think that is what happens. A plea to nothing. Two prior grand juries refused to even press charges in this case. This will be dropped, there will be no conviction, and then how do do you deny an innocent man the right to play. Answer: you don't. Anyone who drops AP is crazy. I think he is back by Week 9.

Too bad i will be 0-9 by then.

The article about a party for his under age brother and girls being paid for by him using a credit card in his charity name was in the Minneapolis Trib this AM This happened a while ago as one of the women called rape, but the police investigation said did not support that. However I think he is done as a Vike and the team knew the details of this a while ago. I think the telephone call to lets "PARTY JERRY" makes a lot more sense. AP knew his plate was too messy here and hopes to have a rebirth of the "white house" in Dallas!!! He really comes across as a nice guy. I think he probably is - he just thinks this is how life IS!!!

Cut him geeze what are you waiting for a miracle

I tried to exercise my.....right.....to play for the Vikes. They denied me. Obummer! Attica! :mad:

- p00h doin' work up in here \m/

AsshatP = OVAH!! 11! 111! 11!

If by work, you mean slinging insults all over the place and adding little to nothing to most topics lately...then yes, he is doing work.

If by work, you mean slinging insults all over the place and adding little to nothing to most topics lately...then yes, he is doing work.

exactly what i mean, numb nutz :banana:

anyone still taint lapping that POS AsshatP needs to be donkey punched back to reality - fockin' pathetic fangirls :thumbsdown:

btw, that two bit 'roid freak is only 3rd best rb in his own division (Forte/Lacy)

HTH

:wave:

I'm pretty stoked about AP. In one of my dynasty leagues, the weekend before the season, I traded D. Thomas for him as I was 5 deep at WR and needed a RB. I thought "What the hell" and traded Julius Thomas for Ray Rice (thinking it was only a two game suspension), Roddy White (had to be a comeback season, right?) and Jordan Reed (thought I was getting a steal with this added luxury).

On the bright side.... Oh fock it.... There is no bright side. I now have Steven Jackson at RB with no one else. My WR's have been flat out awesome. Victor Cruz is having a career year and Larry Fitzgerald is putting up a unbelievable numbers. Good thing Calvin Johnson has been going off. Trading Peyton for Stafford and a first round rookie pick made sense too, because, you know, Peyton is getting old. To top it off, I traded Seattle's defense for the Rams and a rookie pick in next seasons draft. Man, my team is rockin right now.

AP? Fock AP.

FOX Houston reports Adrian Peterson is facing arrest after violating the terms of his bond by "(smoking) a little weed."

According to court records, Peterson admitted to his marijuana consumption before taking a Wednesday drug test. It's a staggering lack of awareness from a player not only battling the court of law, but the court of public opinion. It's unclear if this will affect Peterson's tentative December 1 trial date.

FOX Houston reports Adrian Peterson is facing arrest after violating the terms of his bond by "(smoking) a little weed."

According to court records, Peterson admitted to his marijuana consumption before taking a Wednesday drug test. It's a staggering lack of awareness from a player not only battling the court of law, but the court of public opinion. It's unclear if this will affect Peterson's tentative December 1 trial date.

"I swear...it was just a tiny puff. I didn't even inhale!"

ADP

How does this affect keeper status for any of you guys? I would assume the 2,000 yard days are done.

How does this affect keeper status for any of you guys? I would assume the 2,000 yard days are done.

TWO THOUSAND??11!!11!!??? you talkin' TWO THOUSAND ???111!111!?

hahaha, this fockin' jagoff was on ESPN prior to the '13 season blagging on about getting TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED !!111!!!11! how'd that work out for this doosh nozzle? :wave:

fock him ... fock his 'roid infested career, fock all of his Nancy fanboys :banana:

He is done IMO

Won't play this year, and probably be suspended into next year with the marijuana charge now. Minnesota will try to trade him, but I doubt they find anyone to take him. The pay for sex thing sounds bad.

He is done IMO

Won't play this year, and probably be suspended into next year with the marijuana charge now. Minnesota will try to trade him, but I doubt they find anyone to take him. The pay for sex thing sounds bad.

Is the pay for sex thing on that charity account part of that Orgy Boat thing from a few years ago with Minnesota? The one where Mike Tice (Head Coach at the time) was getting serviced out there as well?