Sign in to follow this  
bfros

What are your tricks/strategies for gaining an advantage?

Some recent posts on here about working the FF system/website you play on to gain an advantage have me wondering....

What are your tricks/strategies week in and out for gaining an advantage on the other teams? Possibilities include:

1. Dropping your kicker or DST during the week and carrying an extra position player, like A.Blue, until Sunday to see if Foster plays or not. If Foster plays, drop Blue for a kicker on Sun morning.

1a. Play defense against such a guy by staying up late on Saturday night and picking up and then dropping every kicker so when the dude wakes up Sun morning to find out if Blue or Foster is playing, every available kicker is now on waivers.

2. (on NFL.com) exploit the fact that you are able to drop a player after he has played as long as he is on your bench.

3. Intentionally pick up a kicker or DST who plays on Mon night. If your game is decided by Mon night (most games are), drop the kicker/DST before the Mon night game and pick up an un-owned backup RB or WR that will play on Mon night in case of injury, etc.

Stuff like that.....

Flood my leagues w/ slightly lopsided trades, so if each one has a 1-in-20 chance of being accepted, and I send out 20 over the span of a couple weeks.. you get the idea.

Picking up and dropping every available player? Don't think my league would allow that.

Well, if it's legal and the system allows it, it's fair.....but yeah, if the league agreed you can't do that then that's another story.

But that's what I'm talking about---ways to "legally" work the system....

Another obvious one would be to wait until Sat/Sun to drop a player so that he goes on waivers and isn't able to be scooped up that week by your competition. Gives you a chance to get him back the next week.

Flood my leagues w/ slightly lopsided trades, so if each one has a 1-in-20 chance of being accepted, and I send out 20 over the span of a couple weeks.. you get the idea.

I hate that guy :mad:

Churning the waiver wire is frowned upon. Good way to not be allowed back in a league.

• Like 1

Churning the waiver wire is frowned upon. Good way to not be allowed back in a league.

Yep, total violation of the spirit of the rule.

churning is a move.

one ting you can do that is slightly a hole ish but legal and not too obvious if you do it right.... lets say your opponent has an injured TE and a TE on bye week. he needs to pick one up and there is a clear cut guy out there. you can block him if you have waiver priority and then later in the week drop the tight end you picked up for another position you really need. just dont drop them right away.

• Like 1

churning is a ###### move.

one ting you can do that is slightly a hole ish but legal and not too obvious if you do it right.... lets say your opponent has an injured TE and a TE on bye week. he needs to pick one up and there is a clear cut guy out there. you can block him if you have waiver priority and then later in the week drop the tight end you picked up for another position you really need. just dont drop them right away.

I give one occurance totally fine but one after the other I vote to kick you out the league

churning is a ###### move.

I have used that strategy before - adding a player at a position that the other team needs. I usually end up holding the player until the next week but I guess I would drop them before the games if a must add popped up.

Well, if it's legal and the system allows it, it's fair.....but yeah, if the league agreed you can't do that then that's another story.

But that's what I'm talking about---ways to "legally" work the system....

'Churning the wire' would get your a$$ banned in either of my leagues. That and someone might decide to give your car/lawn a makeover.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.

I give one occurance totally fine but one after the other I vote to kick you out the league

To me that one isnt kicked out of the league worthy. Just blocking someone else from getting a player they need is an actual strategy that most people in fantasy football employ.

To me that one isnt kicked out of the league worthy. Just blocking someone else from getting a player they need is an actual strategy that most people in fantasy football employ.

There's a huge difference between picking up a player someone else needs, and picking up and immediately dropping every viable starter of a position.

The rules about dropped players being on waivers for a day or two is to allow everyone a chance at a dropped player. Not to prevent a team from being able to start a player.

Drafting 2 Tight Ends in round 2 and 3 or a 12 team draft. I don't see the point, but that's what :banana: boy did in our league.

:wave: kutulu

There's a huge difference between picking up a player someone else needs, and picking up and immediately dropping every viable starter of a position.

The rules about dropped players being on waivers for a day or two is to allow everyone a chance at a dropped player. Not to prevent a team from being able to start a player.

My thoughts exactly. If im playing some guy and his TE such as Rudolph got hurt its perfectly acceptable to pick up the next TE on the waiver to keep him from getting them. Thats a strategy commonly employed and I dont think anyone should be butthurt about it

Then you would be a biatch. I don't see anything wrong with it. A bit of a d1ck move, sure, but well within allowable conduct

I have no tricks, but I recently joined a second league and asked the commissioner, so what's our system for settling ties since there's no decimal scoring... he said "highest points from the bench." I said "that's stupid... come the playoffs, an owner will just fill his bench with extra QBs.?." He said "Oh yeah, that's exactly what I do!"

Stupid league, stupid commish, stupid rule. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

People think churning the wire is ok? Then why not do it every single week to every player that has a chance at starting? You could prevent everyone from having any chance at making any FA moves....just stay up till the wee hours of the morning and then use your "cool strategy" till your hearts content.

Also I would beat the sh!t out of you..

• Like 1

Get your opponent piss drunk and have him trade you his studs while he's unconscious, but I would drive him home safely so he didn't think I was a d!ck.

I think in yahoo if you pick up a player and immediately drop them they do not go back to waivers but to FA. So you cannot churn the wire. Think they have to be on your roster for a minimum amount of time to go back through waivers

People think churning the wire is ok? Then why not do it every single week to every player that has a chance at starting? You could prevent everyone from having any chance at making any FA moves....just stay up till the wee hours of the morning and then use your "cool strategy" till your hearts content.

Also I would beat the sh!t out of you..

I haven't seen anyone defend churning the wire in here accept the one dbag who suggested it. I think you are confusing churning the wire with something else

I haven't seen anyone defend churning the wire in here accept the one dbag who suggested it. I think you are confusing churning the wire with something else

"The one dbag"