Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Just Traded for Cam

I gave Dalton and Stevie J and got Cam...

Wondering your thoughts on this. I feel like I got a total steal and nice buy low. Had to do this with Brady as my starter and some weeks where I have Hill in the flex with Gio starting (holy bengals).

What are your thoughts on this trade and Cam going forward?

Side note, I am considering starting Bortles vs Pitt over Cam this week anyway. Am I overthinking?

you got robbed, I didnt even see what you gave for him, but whatever it is you got robbed.

I got Cam off the free agent pile this week, but I did it for name only. Hes not the same QB, hes not running at all, and as a pocket QB hes useless

I'd rather have Dalton, Ben, Flacco, and tons of others at this point

Until he is healthy enough to become a rushing threat, he's not startable. Because I'm not sure when/if that will happen this year I wouldn't have made that trade.

And yes, i was one of those saying he was a top 10 lock before the season. I'm admitting I was wrong here. If he can't put up rushing stats and rushing TD's he's not a top 12-15 QB and not worthy of starting.

I have Cam and Dalton an I've been starting Dalton over him all year. So yeah, not a good deal.

I think the deal is risky, but ok... especially if you aren't really going to be playing stevie J at all... if Newton gets healthy he can be a solid QB1 for the 2nd half of the season... unfortunately he may not return to form

wow I didn't expect to hear I got robbed!

Didn't feel comfortable starting Dalton along with Gio and Hill - too much bengals investment

Do you really think he won't run ALL YEAR? I mean that seems pretty unlikely, no?

well he hasnt run, and they have zero NFL RB's on that roster and he still hasnt run. Back injuries dont heal up very well when you are playing NFL and getting pounded.

he should be on the waiver wire, Bridgewater has more upside imo

I have Cam and thinking of dropping him for Flacco but I have been rolling with Stafford the whole time. Cam isn't the same like last year!

Dalton about to get Marvin Jones back too. Nothing wrong with starting a lot of Bengals, they are ranked #1 in NFL currently buddy. Every year is different, have to forget about the name value. Just look at Tom Brady...

Dalton about to get Marvin Jones back too. Nothing wrong with starting a lot of Bengals, they are ranked #1 in NFL currently buddy. Every year is different, have to forget about the name value. Just look at Tom Brady...

Marvin jones hopefully. Tweaked his ankle according to rotoworld

Marvin jones hopefully. Tweaked his ankle according to rotoworld

Oh dam, thanks for the update. Might drop him for John Brown or someone else while waiting.

I gave Dalton and Stevie J and got Cam...

Wondering your thoughts on this. I feel like I got a total steal and nice buy low. Had to do this with Brady as my starter and some weeks where I have Hill in the flex with Gio starting (holy bengals).

What are your thoughts on this trade and Cam going forward?

Side note, I am considering starting Bortles vs Pitt over Cam this week anyway. Am I overthinking?

Wow you gave up way to much . Why did you buy so high on a player that is not having a solid season right now and who is hurting .

It's that damn rib. Hard for a mobile QB to play his style while wearing a flak jacket.

I've got Cam.

I'd rather have Dalton.

Rib and ankles are killing him this year. Take away his rushing points due to ankle, and dock his passing stats due to rib/no RBs/weak recievers make him a middle of the road. I would gladly trade Cam for Dalton straight up.

You are worthless and week. You made the trade and then run here for validation. Do you ask your friends if the broad you're trying to bang is hot? Best POA I ever banged had a face like a catchers mit. I still fap to her 20 years later. Imagine I cared what other idiots thought?

Yeah that sucks sorry to hear that! I have Cam as well!! I am about to drop him and not sure who to pick up!! Kap, Romo, Dalton & Flacco still available on my wire! Just haven't decided on who yet!

Dropped Cam for Bridgewater.

This^

He is basically droppable - plug any one of the lower tier QB's in for him will probably beat him in fantasy points. His value was when he was running. I think Carolina was better off with Derick Andersen in there...

Man you guys are making this dude feel terrible! Man, the good news is that you traded 2-for-1 so there is an open spot on your roster to picked up an actually valuable QB from the waiver wire ha.

You are worthless and week. You made the trade and then run here for validation. Do you ask your friends if the broad you're trying to bang is hot? Best POA I ever banged had a face like a catchers mit. I still fap to her 20 years later. Imagine I cared what other idiots thought?

I hit that before you did and gave her whatever you got now. You can thank me later Bastard.

Shouldn't have given up Dalton for him, BUT DO NOT DROP HIM at this point.

Since you did a 2 for 1, grab another QB and hold Cam. Season is still very young. Nobody knows what will happen with him, and at this point dropping him would be like adding insult to the injury of your trade. Just hold him. See what happens.

wow I didn't expect to hear I got robbed!

Didn't feel comfortable starting Dalton along with Gio and Hill - too much bengals investment

Do you really think he won't run ALL YEAR? I mean that seems pretty unlikely, no?

Don't list be to half these nerds...Half of them give the wrong advice. If you have Bernard then Cam is the better guy for your team. Personally I would take came over Dalton all day long.

Cam has a great playoff schedule. People

Telling u to drop cam for bridgewater smh. Think to yourself would any real NFL team drop

cam for Brodgewater? Ff forum has gone to crap. So many people on here giving awful advice. The hype of Hunter the hype of Michael and on and on. Allen Robinson next dez Bryant it's like these guys will say anything just to say it. There is about 5 guys worth listening to on these forums the rest are pretty much a JOKE.

• Like 1

I really don't get how I got raped....how will cam be any worse than Dalton and if and when he starts running it's not even close between the two.

for now I actually am pretty high on Bortles and will be starting him while I can now safely stash Brady on the bench for a few weeks and hope it pans out.

@Bobby- jeez I agree...It seems like people here change their opinions fully based on each week when I really think that's totally silly.

and to the guy saying I'm weak lol I asked a question like every other person does on this forum...I was a little surprised though by the reaction I guess.

bobby here is the full team which might shed some light on why I traded Dalton..full PPR

QB: Newton, Bortles, Brady

RB, Gio, Bush, Hill, Pierce, Branden Oliver

WR - Garcon, Roddy, Wallace, Hurns

TE - Graham

I hate carrying 3 QBs but only had the third because I had to compensate for brady and I'm not ready to dump him just yet. I couldn't trade him if I gave him away for free and I'm just not ready to drop him at this point. I plan to hold brady for a few weeks and see how bortles pans out. I am definitely itching to use that roster spot on the RB position. Ideally if Bortles or Brady turn out to redeem some value I can trade to a QB needy team for an RB. or I can just hold the one with value drop the other use the spot on waivers and run with newton + the other which I think works out just fine.

the real question for me is do I start bortles or newton this week. I'm leaning Bortles at home with a more open playbook against the PITT Def who just seems to have lost half their D to injury and weren't very good to begin with. I have a feeling Bortles with a more open playbook puts up some strong numbers this week esp because PIT barely has tape on the guy at the NFL level. Plus I like the CHI DST this week. Also with Wallace on bye think I'll flex Hurns with Cecil and Lee out with injury it will just bump his targets up. Kind of a weird feeling feeling confident in not 1 but 2 Jaguars. :)

the thing is Dalton finished no 3 in fantasy points in my league last year. QB's are so interchangible its kinda irrelevant now. Dalton for Cam is a wash on paper, but Cam just isnt right, and until I see him start running again, hes useless

hes not a good QB

hes a good athlete, that doesnt have his most important athletic skill right now

Don't list be to half these nerds...Half of them give the wrong advice. If you have Bernard then Cam is the better guy for your team. Personally I would take came over Dalton all day long.

Dalton and Cam is close to a wash I think.

Your comment is amusing though considering you ask the most advice of any poster on this forum. I requested the admins to create a Bobbyn2022 sub forum in the Little Help section.

well he hasnt run, and they have zero NFL RB's on that roster and he still hasnt run. Back injuries dont heal up very well when you are playing NFL and getting pounded.

he should be on the waiver wire, Bridgewater has more upside imo

Dropped Cam for Bridgewater.

This^

He is basically droppable - plug any one of the lower tier QB's in for him will probably beat him in fantasy points. His value was when he was running. I think Carolina was better off with Derick Andersen in there...

oops?

;) anyone care to tell me I got hosed on this trade? because it's lookin pretty nice right now

cam just dropped 39 points on my bench in place of Brady as my starter who dropped 47.

Every year it's the same thing with Cam.

He has no WRs

Their offense sux

He's not a good QB

Blah Blah Blah

Every year he finishes top 10 and usually top 5 depending on your scoring system...

Had a great game yesterday, no doubt. Still don't like him. He has a sub-par WR corps and if he is not running, then he will not generally win you games.

Maybe I should have held him as insurance (Peyton is my QB1), but I just don't trust the guy....he has burned me before. Adequate QB2, I suppose.

he finally ran the ball yesterday for the first time all year.

all I said was he was useless if hes not running

Yeah there was nothing wrong with the first part of your post.

Right up until you said he should be on the WW.