Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Harvin traded to Jets

He has been in the league 6 years and has 0 thousand yard receiving seasons. Harvin sucks.

Reports coming from Seattle were that Harvin was not a positive influence in the locker room, especially in the WR room.

Can you say Santonio Holmes 2.0????

He has been in the league 6 years and has 0 thousand yard receiving seasons. Harvin sucks.

The hype for the dude is unreal. Yes he can be a nifty gadget player. He also can't stay healthy or produce big numbers on a sustained basis. Don't know why everyone still talks about him like he's a top player

The hype for the dude is unreal. Yes he can be a nifty gadget player. He also can't stay healthy or produce big numbers on a sustained basis. Don't know why everyone still talks about him like he's a top player

If/when utilized properly (assuming health, which is a big assumption, i know), I would argue that he has top 10 potential. The talent is there. He needs to run the ball 6-8 times per game, and have a variety of pass routes utilized, including going long. We shall see how the Jets use him.

If/when utilized properly (assuming health, which is a big assumption, i know), I would argue that he has top 10 potential. The talent is there. He needs to run the ball 6-8 times per game, and have a variety of pass routes utilized, including going long. We shall see how the Jets use him.

So in an ideal world he is a top ten receiver. Couldn't you say that for a lot of guys? Yeah he's got some talent but he just can't sustain production or stay healthy under anything less than ideal circumstances.

I would argue he is not top 30 when healthy.

He is a gadget player, he is good when the play is designed for him, but completely useless on a normal passing play. There are 4-5 gadget plays a game and 40-50 other plays. If you are below average on 90% of the plays you are not an elite player.

If Phillip rivers was going though his progression, would he rather have Malcom Floyd or Percy Harvin.

Floyd runs good routes, generates separation, is always where he needs to be, and has good hands. I would think that Malcom Floyd is more beneficial on the offense as a wide receiver than Percy Harvin, and nobody mistakes Malcom Floyd for being elite.

So in an ideal world he is a top ten receiver.

No, when utilized properly (and healthy) he is a potential top-10 WR

Couldn't you say that for a lot of guys?

Not in my opinion. His talent surpasses most, if not all, of the mid-tier guys who could possibly crack top-10 in an ideal world.

Yeah he's got some talent but he just can't sustain production or stay healthy under anything less than ideal circumstances.

...and I contend that he can sustain weekly fantasy production......but purposeful and consistent utilization (including running the ball) is the key.

I would argue he is not top 30 when healthy.

I am not striving to be a Harvin apologist, but I would disagree with that assessment. Did anyone see the game last week where he had 3 TD's called back, including a long bomb? Or what he used to do in Minny when involved regularly in the running game? He was lights out.

Hopefully, the Jets can figure out how to utilize his talent and generate some weekly fantasy production.

He's been averaging 4 for 25 per game. 0 TDs. I still think he's an elite talent and can really help the Jets.

I'm shocked being a Seattle homer. Almost seems like a bit of a panic or I guess a statement maybe?

But, what's upsetting the most is how much we gave for him and now only a conditional pick back, that might actually only be a 4th.

I HOPE it's a 2nd though. That might almost be like a 1st which would be cool.

Like somebody else said, I wanted C. Patterson that year. That's what we should have done. That's what I wanted back then.

I think what's been said here is about right:

-Locker room not positive.

-ALWAYS hurt, and hurt currently.

-While he does gadget plays, he's not a good traditional WR. Not that 1,000 yard wide.

-People think of him as a play maker, but the reality is he's got a horable YPA as a WR even going back to Minn days. He gets stuffed a lot.
-I think the utilization of Harvin failed. We tried a ton of plays for him this year and nothing worked great. Might be better going more traditional.
-I think we are going to go back to bread and butter - Pound the ball - While going downfield more to Baldwin/Kearse.
-We got young guy's that need to see the field.

-And the biggest thing what others have said - Free some money for next year. Hopefully save some of that Def as we can't lose more. Plus Wilson will be expensive.

Overall, I think we'll be fine. I do think Baldwin & Kease get a little bump. Baldwin has been very fustrated this year not getting touches and with Harvin gone there is more room for both these guy's. But, we be pounding now for sure.

Where I'm fustrated is the fact our O-Cord can't put a game plan together to use ALL aspects, including a dabble of Harvin and others, while pounding the rock too. Also the draft capital lost over all this mess is bad.

But, we move on quick even if it was a mistake or not. So that's always good. Maybe they are now thinking about keeping Lynch?
They recongnize he's our bread and butter and the face of the Hawks winning.

Kickoff return = :cry:
Harvin gone = :dunno:

From a team that had no idea how to use him to a team that has no capability of using him well. Ho-hum. Both teams are shitty to WRs and have been for years.

If he stays healthy as a Jet... Harvin will have the opportunity to put up more consistent fantasy numbers than as a Hawk.

I hope he'll utilize the fact that he was traded for a mid-round pick as motivation.

Rex Ryan has a way of helping players enhance that type of motivation.

As a Harvin owner I'm trying to see the positive lining, because it was't looking good with Seattle.

Like Seattle and Lynch, the Jets have strong rb's in Ivory/Johnson to keep defenses honest. Geno's ability to scramble may assist in extending plays, ending in improvised routes getting Harvin downfield playmaking ability noticed.

Lots of wishful thinking, but I like the move as a Harvin owner.

Reports coming from Seattle were that Harvin was not a positive influence in the locker room, especially in the WR room.

Can you say Santonio Holmes 2.0????

This.

Guy gets traded twice in the "prime" of his career, Seattle's cap hit next year is pretty significant.

Doesn't smell right?

I read that he was let go in part because of his anger issues.I know this is a fantasy football forarms but I bet percy harvin has brain damage. He has a history of concussions, a history of miagranes and now he has anger issue too? im not a doctor but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...where I watched a documentary called Head games about concussive and subconcussive hits in football and the brain damage they cause.

As a Harvin owner that doesn't have to rely on him every week :clap:

Harvin is only valuable when he is getting targets and the Hawks didn't provide him with enough targets since they really just don't throw much. I wont go out on a limb and say he's going to light the world on fire but he did NOTHING this season with the Hawks. I'd also be happy if I owned Decker. He's looked pretty good when healthy and this move should open the field up even more for him. I might try to target him where I can.

I read that he was let go in part because of his anger issues.I know this is a fantasy football forarms but I bet percy harvin has brain damage. He has a history of concussions, a history of miagranes and now he has anger issue too? im not a doctor but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...where I watched a documentary called Head games about concussive and subconcussive hits in football and the brain damage they cause.

Music videos from 80's hair band Foreigner, hardly qualifies as a documentary.

he did score 3 tds the other monday night that all got called by on bs penalties lol. hes a dynamic player when healthy

he did score 3 tds the other monday night that all got called by on bs penalties lol. hes a dynamic player when healthy

yeah, I am a bit surprised by all the Harvin hate up in here

I think it will be better for Harvin. The Jets don't have much. This extra piece will help everyone though because like someone said above, you do have to always account for him on the field and gameplan for him.

Ivory benefits and so does Decker IMO. No doubt Jets will have a package for him and get him the ball a lot better than Seattle did.

By next week he'll be involved in some reverses, WR screens and things like that.

This move by the Jets is reminiscent of the Oakland Raiders circa 1997 (Desmod Howard anyone?). Just silly with that contract.

Fantasy wise, it's safe to drop Jace Amaro.

Trades at any level are supposed to be win-win ideally. This one seems like a lose-lose. The Seahawks are the defending champs with a real chance at repeating, and they trade their only scary WR threat for a conditional draft pick next year? The Jets are not winning anything this year and should be shedding assets for picks, yet they trade a pick for a guy which doesn't help them achieve anything this year and has a huge salary if they keep him for future years?

IMO it makes less sense for the Jets. I suppose the Seahawks could have thought he was such a cancer that they would let him go. But doesn't that raise a huge red flag with the Jets? Aren't they sitting there thinking "hmm, why would they trade an alleged stud WR for a box of rocks?" :dunno:

Haha Jets. They need a QB badly and are in position to get a top pick. But instead they'll probably win just enough games that they won't be able to draft anyone good, heck maybe they'll even keep Rex around for another year if he finishes 7-2 the rest of the way out. Then they'll have the same problems next year.

Seattle is better off paying Lynch and Wilson, as well as their D.

They did get an SB out of it, so I doubt they care. For the Jets, they had the cap room but it's really pointless.

Let us recall what a healthy, motivated, and properly utilized Harvin can do. His breakaway speed is eye-popping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8N5etzBBZ4

You never did answer my question. Would Phillip Rivers rather throw to Malcom Floyd or Percy Harvin.

What about Joe Flacco, would he rather throw to Steve Smith or Percy Harvin.

Would Tom Brady rather have Edelman or Percy Harvin.

For a traditional offense, I still think Percy Harvin is not as good as 33 year old Malcom Floyd.

You never did answer my question. Would Phillip Rivers rather throw to Malcom Floyd or Percy Harvin.

Pointless, since I can't ask him. I would assume that he would prefer to throw it (or hand it off) to the player he feels is most likely to roll up yardage and/or score.

Kind of hard for a receiver to come in and pick up the offense without prep time.

I could find a homeless, drunk retard that could learn the Jets Offensive Playbook in between alternating shots of Night Train and MD20-20.

I could find a homeless, drunk retard that could learn the Jets Offensive Playbook in between alternating shots of Night Train and MD20-20.

....and Wild Irish Rose?

• Like 1

Let us recall what a healthy, motivated, and properly utilized Harvin can do. His breakaway speed is eye-popping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8N5etzBBZ4

There is a similar thread going on here about Cordarelle; just give him the ball dambit$#@! And I say this with apologies to Cordarelle, because I haven't heard about him being a malcontent like Harvin.

Two NFL teams have now given up on Harvin. That is two teams with offensive coordinators who, say what you will, have risen to the pinnacles of their profession. They've been unable to find a way to sustainably harness the uber awesomeness who is Harvin. But guys like you know better. I'm sure he'll thrive in the offensive utopia which is the Jets. :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure geno and the jets playbook is just go routes.

But guys like you know better.

You mean as opposed to...guys like you? I've already stated that I am no Harvin apologist and he has been an injury nightmare, but to deny his talent in ludicrous.

I'm sure he'll thrive in the offensive utopia which is the Jets. :thumbsup:

Perhaps/perhaps not. Either way, the skills are there and undeniable to anyone who follows football and, thus, his career.

But guys like you know better.

You mean as opposed to...guys like you? I've already stated that I am no Harvin apologist and he has been an injury nightmare, but to deny his talent in ludicrous.

I'm sure he'll thrive in the offensive utopia which is the Jets. :thumbsup:

Perhaps/perhaps not. Either way, the skills are there and undeniable to anyone who follows football and, thus, his career.

Sorry but that first response makes no sense. My post deferred to the inability of trained professional OCs to make Harvin productive, so in doing so I implied that I don't know better.

Lots of guys have talent which doesn't translate to NFL success. :dunno:

There is a similar thread going on here about Cordarelle; just give him the ball dambit$#@! And I say this with apologies to Cordarelle, because I haven't heard about him being a malcontent like Harvin.

Two NFL teams have now given up on Harvin. That is two teams with offensive coordinators who, say what you will, have risen to the pinnacles of their profession. They've been unable to find a way to sustainably harness the uber awesomeness who is Harvin. But guys like you know better. I'm sure he'll thrive in the offensive utopia which is the Jets. :thumbsup:

Actually, the Seahawks won a SB with him, and he put up some incredible stats when healthy on the Vikings (which is why the Seahawks figured he was the missing piece for an SB).

To deny his talent is absolutely asinine.

The Seahawks probably got rid of him because of his attitude and injury issues, and because they aren't built to sling the ball all over the place. They have faith in Russell Wilson making things happen, because he is certainly a championship caliber QB. That SB where he converted 3rd down after 3rd down after 3rd down as well as what he's done in big games last year and this year has given the Seahawks those options. You ALWAYS side with the QB over the WR. Favre was favored over Sharpe, Rodgers over Jennings, Brady over Randy Moss, Romo/McNabb/Young/half of Canada over TO etc. Rumors are there was friction between Wilson and Harvin, so Harvin had to go. Further Wilson and Caroll are pretty much extensions so chances are Pete Caroll (not sure on spelling) wanted Harvin gone too.

Now, that being said, I actually quite agree with your sarcastic comment on the Jets. They are a dumpster fire. I certainly do not expect him to thrive on that team. He'll probably give them maybe 3 wins before he gets injured again. And that's if Geno actually gets him the ball more often than he turns it over.

Sorry but that first response makes no sense. My post deferred to the inability of trained professional OCs to make Harvin productive, so in doing so I implied that I don't know better.

Lots of guys have talent which doesn't translate to NFL success. :dunno:

Very true....a lot of talent doesn't translate to the NFL.....however, in 2011, they (Vikes) did figure out how to utilize him correctly, and he ended up with nearly 1000 yards receiving and 6 TD's...in addition to 350 yards rushing on 52 carries with another 2 TD's. As I have stated several times in this thread, you have to feed him the ball on the ground and through the air....and he will respond.

To deny his talent is absolutely asinine

Bottom line....that's all I am trying to say.

Many of us on this board about a year ago lambasted Cleveland for unloading Trent Richardson for a first round pick, calling them dumb and clueless and talked about how they'd never amount to anything by giving away their "talented" players.

Well, perhaps the Browns knew something many others didn't.....and maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks know more than they're letting on about Percy and his ability.

It's not often that teams are wrong when unloading so-called dynamic players. We shall see.