Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Big Ben riding your pine? Chime in.

I've got him stashed on my bench (and currently outscoring my entire team) for Rodgers bye next week.

Will he throw 5 TDs then? FOCK NO!!! Next week, it'll be 17-30, 190 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT :cry: :cry: :cry:

Be right back, I'm headed to Vent and Rant thread...

I've played the wrong QB 5 out of the last 6 weeks. This is the first time that it wasn't a "terrible choice vs great choice" though as Brady didn't exactly suck.

Also has Hilton benched but he could still win this week.

Who benchs a top 10 WR? is it a 4 team league?

I was sooo close to playing him in draft kings..he was only 5.8k today...still crushing it though!!!!

It's a 10 team league. More confidence in Smith Sr. or Bryant. He has Hoyer in who can't be top 30. Still could win this week I could vomit.

Started Foles over him. Of course when I needed him last week, he was mediocre.

44.78 pts on my bench! :mad:

I need Romo to do EXACTLY what Ben did. Possible?

Very. Home game + skins are terrible against QBs. Hoping he hooks up with Dez a lot. Need 30+ from him after the shellacking Ben caused.

Not even Carnac the all powerful could have called this one, nor the fact Vontae Davis would go down and change the entire Steeler game plan. Brown was held without a catch up to the injury, then Big Ben hit him the very next play after Davis left the field.

Not even Carnac the all powerful could have called this one, nor the fact Vontae Davis would go down and change the entire Steeler game plan. Brown was held without a catch up to the injury, then Big Ben hit him the very next play after Davis left the field.

Yep if VD was in there Ben would have been held to probably 400 yards and 5 tds

I played Brees over Ben. That's working out well.

I'll still win, but that's on AB and Maclin.

Big Ben was traded two weeks ago then dropped last week. He then proceeded to clear waviers and still sits as a free agent. I'm guessing people have already placed claims on him.

Yep if VD was in there Ben would have been held to probably 400 yards and 5 tds

Never can tell if you're serious or not, but through the first quarter Antonio Brown wasn't getting a sniff. Once Davis left with the knee injury, starting on the very next play, Antonio went for ten catches for 133 yards and two scores. The entire game changed.

Never mind Big Ben. Lost in the shuffle was the kid Moncrief for Indy. In that offense, with Luck throwing the ball, he's a keeper.

Team in my league started Big Ben because Kap was on bye :rolleyes:

Never can tell if you're serious or not, but through the first quarter Antonio Brown wasn't getting a sniff. Once Davis left with the knee injury, starting on the very next play, Antonio went for ten catches for 133 yards and two scores. The entire game changed.

Never mind Big Ben. Lost in the shuffle was the kid Moncrief for Indy. In that offense, with Luck throwing the ball, he's a keeper.

I was being sarcastic, It was an amazing and dominant performance by Ben as he spread it all around just look at the stats. It is laughable that you want to try and diminish AB who is probably the best all around WR in the NFL by making excuses cause he does it week in and week out no matter who the opponent is.

And need to get your facts straight before claiming injury to one player changed entire game. (that excuse is , well just an excuse)

Do you know how many passes were thrown before the Hall of Famer Vontae Davis who shuts down entire offenses went down? FIVE.....you know how many of those passes Big Ben completed?....FIVE INCLUDE ONE TOUCHDOWN.

You clearly have an agenda, on this topic

mettenburger. while I am going to win behind his 24 point game ben scored 64 and it would have led to the high score of the year.

I was being sarcastic, It was an amazing and dominant performance by Ben as he spread it all around just look at the stats. It is laughable that you want to try and diminish AB who is probably the best all around WR in the NFL by making excuses cause he does it week in and week out no matter who the opponent is.

And need to get your facts straight before claiming injury to one player changed entire game. (that excuse is , well just an excuse)

Do you know how many passes were thrown before the Hall of Famer Vontae Davis who shuts down entire offenses went down? FIVE.....you know how many of those passes Big Ben completed?....FIVE INCLUDE ONE TOUCHDOWN.

You clearly have an agenda, on this topic

Whoa, hold on here hoss. Nobody is dissing the Steelers, and certainly not Antonio Brown. Think about this... Since Big Ben's fantasy point stat line since Week 1 has read: 22, 7, 21, 29, 17, 15, and 23, it's obvious that the 62 freaking points he pasted on Indy is pretty much an anomaly. By the way that means something that doesn't happen very much. What's more, his 49 pass attempts were by a large margin his season high. What changed?

Now respectfully, I watched that game as well. On Pittsburgh's two 1st quarter drives they ran the ball 11 times and passed it 10 times. All of those passes went to somebody other than Antonio Brown, three of them went to RB's, and two of them went for TD's to Wheaton and Bryant. Granted Davis on the field doesn't guarantee Antonio Brown doesn't go off, or that Big Ben doesn't throw for a 500 yards and 6 TDs, and he DID have half zone coverage on Wheaton's TD. But at the start of the 2nd quarter, from the Steeler's third drive onward, their pass/run ration was 39 to 21. That's a hell of a deviation from the season norm, and a big difference from their first two drives. What changed? Maybe the game plan. Considering they were up 21-3, why not pound the ball and keep it away from Luck? Because good NFL teams attack weaknesses.

Vontae Davis is a top five CB in this league. His loss stretched an already iffy Indy secondary. Since the Colts prefer their third CB Darius Butler in the slot, that left journeyman Josh Gordy matched up with Brown for much of the game, and Brown torched him. Big Ben, being the pro he is, immediately went after Gordy. Don't believe me? how about Jason LaConfora who tweeted:

"Colts defense getting torched w/Vontae Davis dealing w/ injury on sideline. Huge absence. Ben going after his replacement"

Dammit man, nobody has an agenda and nobody's dissing your f*cking team. After the Colts lost their all-pro CB, Roethlisberger smelled blood and he went for the jugular. That's what good teams do.

• Like 1

Whoa, hold on here hoss. Nobody is dissing the Steelers, and certainly not Antonio Brown. Think about this... Since Big Ben's fantasy point stat line since Week 1 has read: 22, 7, 21, 29, 17, 15, and 23, it's obvious that the 62 freaking points he pasted on Indy is pretty much an anomaly. By the way that means something that doesn't happen very much. What's more, his 49 pass attempts were by a large margin his season high. What changed?

Now respectfully, I watched that game as well. On Pittsburgh's two 1st quarter drives they ran the ball 11 times and passed it 10 times. All of those passes went to somebody other than Antonio Brown, three of them went to RB's, and two of them went for TD's to Wheaton and Bryant. Granted Davis on the field doesn't guarantee Antonio Brown doesn't go off, or that Big Ben doesn't throw for a 500 yards and 6 TDs, and he DID have half zone coverage on Wheaton's TD. But at the start of the 2nd quarter, from the Steeler's third drive onward, their pass/run ration was 39 to 21. That's a hell of a deviation from the season norm, and a big difference from their first two drives. What changed? Maybe the game plan. Considering they were up 21-3, why not pound the ball and keep it away from Luck? Because good NFL teams attack weaknesses.

Vontae Davis is a top five CB in this league. His loss stretched an already iffy Indy secondary. Since the Colts prefer their third CB Darius Butler in the slot, that left journeyman Josh Gordy matched up with Brown for much of the game, and Brown torched him. Big Ben, being the pro he is, immediately went after Gordy. Don't believe me? how about Jason LaConfora who tweeted:

"Colts defense getting torched w/Vontae Davis dealing w/ injury on sideline. Huge absence. Ben going after his replacement"

Dammit man, nobody has an agenda and nobody's dissing your f*cking team. After the Colts lost their all-pro CB, Roethlisberger smelled blood and he went for the jugular. That's what good teams do.

LOL

So breaking down by the numbers here you go.

Ben before V.D. goes out torches Colts taking what the defense gives him on only drive going 5 of 5 and a TD.

Ben after V.D. goes out continues to torch Colts taking what the defense gives him and goes 35 of 44 and 5 more TDs.

:dunno:

Your agenda is making excuses and pretending as if the Steelers were struggling before Davis got hurt....as if it were not for Davis going down Ben would have had xyz stats. It's all just imaginary what if.

So you had a top 5 CB (your words) going against the best WR (my words).....so it is your opininon the 5th best just wins, again it's an imaginary scenario

Murf's just extra sensitive on Steeler critique. Great game by Ben. AB top 5 wr and will stay there. Encouraging that Wheaton saw more looks than normal, kid might develop yet. Really liking the big play potential of the Bryant kid. Him and Moncrief just ooze dynasty appeal.

Murf's just extra sensitive on Steeler critique. Great game by Ben. AB top 5 wr and will stay there. Encouraging that Wheaton saw more looks than normal, kid might develop yet. Really liking the big play potential of the Bryant kid. Him and Moncrief just ooze dynasty appeal.

No, I am very open about criticizing the Steelers (can't stand Tomlin, hate Cortez Allen, think Lebeau should be sent packing, I could go on), I just see someone with an agenda and I am calling him out.

I won't presume to speak for Mick, but I detected zero agenda coming from him Murf. Curious as to why Haley isn't in your doghouse tho

LOL

So breaking down by the numbers here you go.

Ben before V.D. goes out torches Colts taking what the defense gives him on only drive going 5 of 5 and a TD.

Ben after V.D. goes out continues to torch Colts taking what the defense gives him and goes 35 of 44 and 5 more TDs.

:dunno:

Your agenda is making excuses and pretending as if the Steelers were struggling before Davis got hurt....as if it were not for Davis going down Ben would have had xyz stats. It's all just imaginary what if.

So you had a top 5 CB (your words) going against the best WR (my words).....so it is your opininon the 5th best just wins, again it's an imaginary scenario

Dude, seriously, you're not as smart as you'd lead this board to think you are. Failing to recognize that the loss of a TOP FIVE cover cornerback in this league might have SOMETHING to do with Roethlisberger exploding for the game of his life just smacks of pure and blind homerism. Come on, you're better than that man. And yes, I will stand by my statement Antonio Brown doesn't go 10 for 130 with 2 TD's against Vontae Davis.

Apologies, I'm still a little pissed I started Foles over Ben. I'm looking at last season, and how from week 9 on Big Ben passed for 2300 yds and 20 of his 28 TD passes, and wondering if he might get hot late in the season again. He's got a great schedule from here, going up against only one team with a top 15 or better pass defense the rest of the way. His week 13-16 schedule is NO at home, then on the road in Cincy and ATL before getting KC at home in week 16.

With the weapons he has, I may bench Foles for him and roll the dice.

Dude, seriously, you're not as smart as you'd lead this board to think you are. Failing to recognize that the loss of a TOP FIVE cover cornerback in this league might have SOMETHING to do with Roethlisberger exploding for the game of his life just smacks of pure and blind homerism. Come on, you're better than that man. And yes, I will stand by my statement Antonio Brown doesn't go 10 for 130 with 2 TD's against Vontae Davis.

Apologies, I'm still a little pissed I started Foles over Ben. I'm looking at last season, and how from week 9 on Big Ben passed for 2300 yds and 20 of his 28 TD passes, and wondering if he might get hot late in the season again. He's got a great schedule from here, going up against only one team with a top 15 or better pass defense the rest of the way. His week 13-16 schedule is NO at home, then on the road in Cincy and ATL before getting KC at home in week 16.

With the weapons he has, I may bench Foles for him and roll the dice.

So there is your agenda :wave: trying to justify why you didn't play Ben.

BTW it was his 2nd "game of his life" as he is the only QB in the NFL to throw for 500 yards twice.

BTW count me in as saying AB going for 2 TDs is not that big of a deal, really. Not his first time either. I mean Bryant caught 2 :dunno:

Now on to fantasy, I think Steelers now realize they may need to outscore their opponents with their leaky pass defense. Look for Ben to pass more and Bryant, Moore, Brown, DHB, Miller, Bell is a pretty dynamic crew of weapons that they actually have been using downfield since Bryant came in instead of the dink and dunk WR screens.

I think you have to chose your times to start him though, he is more of a streaming QB cause he lays up the eggs for whatever reason whenever Haley focks up his gameplan and never adjusts

So there is your agenda :wave: trying to justify why you didn't play Ben.

BTW it was his 2nd "game of his life" as he is the only QB in the NFL to throw for 500 yards twice.

BTW count me in as saying AB going for 2 TDs is not that big of a deal, really. Not his first time either. I mean Bryant caught 2 :dunno:

Now on to fantasy, I think Steelers now realize they may need to outscore their opponents with their leaky pass defense. Look for Ben to pass more and Bryant, Moore, Brown, DHB, Miller, Bell is a pretty dynamic crew of weapons that they actually have been using downfield since Bryant came in instead of the dink and dunk WR screens.

I think you have to chose your times to start him though, he is more of a streaming QB cause he lays up the eggs for whatever reason whenever Haley focks up his gameplan and never adjusts

Tell me about it... lol... That's exactly what I was doing. I like Bell as a weapon for him too, what is he like 2nd in the league in receptions for a RB?

Tell me about it... lol... That's exactly what I was doing. I like Bell as a weapon for him too, what is he like 2nd in the league in receptions for a RB?

On pace for 84 receptions. I am sure he is behind Forte not sure who else if any.